Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

jivjov posted:

Digital purchases are tied to an account; that's what the NNID is for.

You know exactly what NESguerilla means, don't play dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Bass Bottles posted:

He says he wants his purchase tied to an account. That is what an NNID is. An account that your digital purchases are tied to. If he wants to transfer his NNID over to a new system, there's 2 ways to do it; a system transfer directly from old system to new system, or a phone call to move the NNID from a lost/broken/otherwise-not-present system to a new one.

Just make sure to record the serial number of the old one.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

jivjov posted:

He says he wants his purchase tied to an account. That is what an NNID is. An account that your digital purchases are tied to. If he wants to transfer his NNID over to a new system, there's 2 ways to do it; a system transfer directly from old system to new system, or a phone call to move the NNID from a lost/broken/otherwise-not-present system to a new one.

Just make sure to record the serial number of the old one.

lol yes but it's still not up to par with every other service on the planet and that is the point

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Bass Bottles posted:

lol yes but it's still not up to par with every other service on the planet and that is the point

Why does it have to be? Works perfectly fine, and not every single account system needs to function identically. There's not a single ideal platonic form of "account system" that Nintendo is failing to reach. It's a convenience feature that's missing, nothing more.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just built a new PC guys, gonna call steam support so I can download my games. No biggie though

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

fleshweasel posted:

Just built a new PC guys, gonna call steam support so I can download my games. No biggie though

If Steam support was a tenth as good and timely as Nintendo's, yeah, that wouldn't be a biggie at all.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

jivjov posted:

There's not a single ideal platonic form of "account system" that Nintendo is failing to reach.

actually yeah there is

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

fleshweasel posted:

This analogy would work better if you sold your previous PC and took a break for one and a half years tbh.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
if anyone wants a cyber grip for the N3DSXL this guy has them for pretty cheap. ive been watching them forever waiting for them to go down because his price has fluctuated up to $40

navy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161649315020
black: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151628783904

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really wouldn't consider it a convenience feature. It's an industry standard and pretty much always has been. If Nintendo doesn't want to adhere to that fine, but as a customer it makes it way less tempting to come back to any of their products when every other company has a painless logical way to access your content.

I mean, kind of one of the biggest appeals of buying digital is having hassle free access to your own library. If I lost any of my other devices tomorrow I could just buy a new one and log in and have all my content right there. Nintendos way of doing it is pretty objectively inferior to everyone else.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Didn't Nintendo say they are announcing their new unified account system this year? Maybe it'll finally fix these problems.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

NESguerilla posted:

I really wouldn't consider it a convenience feature. It's an industry standard and pretty much always has been. If Nintendo doesn't want to adhere to that fine, but as a customer it makes it way less tempting to come back to any of their products when every other company has a painless logical way to access your content.

I mean, kind of one of the biggest appeals of buying digital is having hassle free access to your own library. If I lost any of my other devices tomorrow I could just buy a new one and log in and have all my content right there. Nintendos way of doing it is pretty objectively inferior to everyone else.

I see you're arguing with Jiv "Nintendo can literally never do anything wrong" jov.

Good luck and goon speed.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Bass Bottles posted:

Step one of the Jivjov cycle.

Healbot posted:

This analogy would work better if you sold your previous PC and took a break for one and a half years tbh.

You'll still be able to put all your Steam games on the new computer so I don't see how that's supposed to hurt the analogy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PneumonicBook posted:

I see you're arguing with Jiv "Nintendo can literally never do anything wrong" jov.

Good luck and goon speed.

I have never and will never say that Nintendo can do no wrong.

The eshop is atrociously laid out, although the Wii U version is marginally better than the 3DS. The complete radio silence on if and when certain games will hit Virtual Console between regions is infuriating. The unexplained release date gaps of retail titles (such as Wooly World, what the hell Nintendo) between regions is similarly infuriating. Early amiibo distribution has been hosed up (but thankfully has been showing continual improvement).

But the continual bitching and whining and moaning of "Nintendo doesn't have this one convenience feature therefor they suck at online" pisses me off to no end.

mycot posted:

Step one of the Jivjov cycle.

You'll still be able to put all your Steam games on the new computer so I don't see how that's supposed to hurt the analogy.

And hey, you can recover all of your nintendo games onto a new system. Either keep your old system around and do a system transfer, or call Nintendo and talk to a rep for like 3 minutes. Problem freakin solved.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

jivjov posted:

The eshop is atrociously laid out, although the Wii U version is marginally better than the 3DS. The complete radio silence on if and when certain games will hit Virtual Console between regions is infuriating. The unexplained release date gaps of retail titles (such as Wooly World, what the hell Nintendo) between regions is similarly infuriating. Early amiibo distribution has been hosed up (but thankfully has been showing continual improvement).

But the continual bitching and whining and moaning of "Nintendo doesn't have this one convenience feature therefor they suck at online" pisses me off to no end.

Basically you only consider complaints legitimate if they've affected you directly, otherwise it's "bitching and moaning". Gotcha.

quote:

And hey, you can recover all of your nintendo games onto a new system. Either keep your old system around and do a system transfer, or call Nintendo and talk to a rep for like 3 minutes. Problem freakin solved.

You don't have to drag around your old PC the entire time though.

mycot fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 21, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

mycot posted:

Basically you only consider complaints legitimate if they've affected you directly.

A complaint is one thing "hey wouldn't it be nice if NNID was identical to Steam and you could just log in and go?" Sure. That's fine, and reasonable, and I 100% agree with the sentiment.

But "I'm done buying anything Nintendo makes because I have to make a phone call" is more than a simple complaint. That's entitled elitist pissbaby whining.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I love the Nintendo 3DS.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lots of taints being reaped in this thread...

codenameFANGIO posted:

I love the Nintendo 3DS.

:agreed:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I love the Nintendo 3DS.

What is your favorite video game for the Nintendo 3DS handheld portable video gaming entertainment system?

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
3DS fuckin owns

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm afraid you're all wrong and dumb. The new3DS loving owns. The original's merely good.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

jivjov posted:

That's entitled elitist pissbaby whining.

lol is this tumblr

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

strap on revenge posted:

if anyone wants a cyber grip for the N3DSXL this guy has them for pretty cheap. ive been watching them forever waiting for them to go down because his price has fluctuated up to $40

navy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161649315020
black: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151628783904

because none of you would shut up for lnog enough

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Theta Zero posted:

What is your favorite video game for the Nintendo 3DS handheld portable video gaming entertainment system?

Mario Golf: World Tour, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS are all very good games. What games do you enjoy the most, person reading this post???

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

jivjov posted:

Like it or not Nintendo not having that one convenience feature has cost them sales.

jivjov posted:

The eshop is atrociously laid out, although the Wii U version is marginally better than the 3DS.

If you say so. I personally have no problems finding anything I want on Nintendo's eShop storefront. I mean it works perfectly fine, and not every single storefront needs to function identically.

jivjov posted:

The complete radio silence on if and when certain games will hit Virtual Console between regions is infuriating.

You're just being silly. I think part of the fun of the eShop is seeing if this is the week Metroid: Zero Mission comes out. It's like playing a slot machine each Thursday!

jivjov posted:

The unexplained release date gaps of retail titles (such as Wooly World, what the hell Nintendo) between regions is similarly infuriating.

But these gaps give me ample time to master all of my favorite Nintendo Wii U and 3DS games! How can anyone complain about this?

etc, etc.

Can one out Jivjov Jivjov I wonder?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

Mario Golf: World Tour, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS are all very good games. What games do you enjoy the most, person reading this post???

Kid Icarus: Uprising, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, BoxBoy! and Pokemon Omega Ruby are probably my favorites!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Didn't Nintendo say they are announcing their new unified account system this year? Maybe it'll finally fix these problems.

A lot of network-related game updates are scheduled for Ausust, so it's speculated they'll coincide with an announcement about the new network service.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I can't decide if A Link Between Worlds or Kid Icarus is my favorite 3DS game but actually I can because ALBW didn't hurt me physically to play.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

A lot of network-related game updates are scheduled for Ausust, so it's speculated they'll coincide with an announcement about the new network service.

I was really hoping we'd here something at E3 about it. That as well as the DeNA/Nintendo partnership has me pretty excited for next year. If you want to see how DeNA can grab classic IPs and put them into a not terrible F2P game go check out Final Fantasy Record Keeper, it's pretty good.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Quick question: have they come out with New 3ds versions of those guards that keep your cartridges from popping out?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

jivjov posted:

Why does it have to be? Works perfectly fine, and not every single account system needs to function identically. There's not a single ideal platonic form of "account system" that Nintendo is failing to reach. It's a convenience feature that's missing, nothing more.

For one thing, you can never own more than one 3ds

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

jivjov posted:

A complaint is one thing "hey wouldn't it be nice if NNID was identical to Steam and you could just log in and go?" Sure. That's fine, and reasonable, and I 100% agree with the sentiment.

But "I'm done buying anything Nintendo makes because I have to make a phone call" is more than a simple complaint. That's entitled elitist pissbaby whining.

you're the elitist, bitch

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

okay i'm playing bravely default and fuckin lol are they seriously going to make me play through the entire game again? i guess this is "that part" huh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

okay i'm playing bravely default and fuckin lol are they seriously going to make me play through the entire game again? i guess this is "that part" huh

they are. more than once, too, so have fun with that

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

god dammit i knew i should have played smt4 or etrian odyssey instead of this

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

icantfindaname posted:

Nope. They're making you play through the game 4 more times.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

people were somehow surprised when bravely default 2 reused a bunch of content from bd1

e: and bravely default actually reuses content from four heroes of light, though nobody seems to care about that.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bravely Default is good

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I guess I'll still finish it, I'm 40 hours in, but lol that is shameless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it's less replaying the entire game and more of a big boss rush that you can skip 90% of/end early for bad ending but it's The Thing that people complain about yeah