Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

vyst posted:

I want to see drakes make a comeback! Yea I'm one of those nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

HELLFISH88 posted:

Are Vexors still the meta?

They're the most cost-effective way to gank T1 haulers in high sec.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Yes I have a few catch-up questions:

1. What the gently caress is a drifter?
2. blap?
3. Who the gently caress boiled meat?
4. Why should I think very carefully about making statements like this in a public forum?
5. Am I a bad person for not liking beans in my chili?
6. I read about the wiki and it made me sad because I pretty much learned the game off of it but what happened to the killboard? The plain layout of the old one was so much easier to look at than zkillboard.

1. New race that was added to Eve this year, currently NPC only. They're smart rats with advanced shield technology, and they start DDing if you get them into armor. They pod. They are glorious.

2. To "blap" something is to hit it with enough alpha to instantly kill it before reps can land. Used as both a verb ("please blap that cyno") and as an adjective to describe high alpha fits ("blap tornados").

3. The British.

4. USA #1

5. I don't really care. Beans aren't a sin, imo; it's just a taste preference. (As opposed to boiling meat, which is a sin, because one shouldn't have a taste preference of "tastes like nothing.")

6. No clue

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ullerrm posted:

5. I don't really care. Beans aren't a sin, imo; it's just a taste preference. (As opposed to boiling meat, which is a sin, because one shouldn't have a taste preference of "tastes like nothing.")

Ever stopped in Middle America to get a bite to eat? Everything tastes like that soupy poo poo they ate in the matrix.

Black Pepper = Spicy out there.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

6. I read about the wiki and it made me sad because I pretty much learned the game off of it but what happened to the killboard? The plain layout of the old one was so much easier to look at than zkillboard.

This one I can actually answer.

A couple of years back, Luigi30 worked on updating the KB from its old, atrocious state, where it was only used because it was the only KB accepted for reimbursements. So, it was taken down. The new one never quite made it out of the womb, and reimbursement started accepting eve-kill, then zkillboard, so you're one of the very few people to miss it (which is fine, taste is weird.)

If you want an older style KB that still works, try http://beta.eve-kill.net/ , as it has a similar layout to the old eve-kill.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Xolve posted:

Ever stopped in Middle America to get a bite to eat? Everything tastes like that soupy poo poo they ate in the matrix.

Black Pepper = Spicy out there.

I'm not sure if by "Middle America" you mean Guatemala/Nicaragua/etc, or if you mean the lovely flyover states of the U.S.. I'm gonna assume the latter.

I've honestly never visited anywhere in the flyover states; I've been to most of the east coast, and I've been to pretty much every state from the Dakotas westward. In many ways, I consider this a positive.

(There's been many times when I've gotten high and thought "I should take six months off work and do a road trip of the Contiguous 48, and write a modern nerdy analogue of 'On The Road.' When the green wears off, I realize that I'd get as far as Arkansas and end up writing a chapter that consisted of 'nope' repeated for 20 pages.)

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

vyst posted:

Caldari Supremacy

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So for anyone who didn't see the EVE Valkyrie footage from E3, you can check out some gameplay footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XzMLg-yA6Q

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ullerrm posted:

(There's been many times when I've gotten high and thought "I should take six months off work and do a road trip of the Contiguous 48, and write a modern nerdy analogue of 'On The Road.' When the green wears off, I realize that I'd get as far as Arkansas and end up writing a chapter that consisted of 'nope' repeated for 20 pages.)

That just sounds like all the more reason to do it. It'll be a post-structural master piece.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ullerrm posted:

I'm not sure if by "Middle America" you mean Guatemala/Nicaragua/etc, or if you mean the lovely flyover states of the U.S.. I'm gonna assume the latter.

I've honestly never visited anywhere in the flyover states; I've been to most of the east coast, and I've been to pretty much every state from the Dakotas westward. In many ways, I consider this a positive.

arkansas roads are bad but they have really nice rest stops. I moved from va to texas and made that trip several times over a few years and that was my only takeaway of that state. Also everything not on a coast is a flyover state so you've been to a lot of them.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Amarr is burning, I've made 200 mil on catalyst ganks and it's quite interesting to hear/take part in Miniluv ops. Warr is a gorram machine.

Not to take away from food chat, but I'm with this guy. Burn Amarr had my very first Warr Akini-led gank fleet, and that man is extremely easy to listen to. Once BA is over I'm definitely keeping an Jump Clone in highsec so I can join him on future fleets.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Not to take away from food chat, but I'm with this guy. Burn Amarr had my very first Warr Akini-led gank fleet, and that man is extremely easy to listen to. Once BA is over I'm definitely keeping an Jump Clone in highsec so I can join him on future fleets.

Spending an afternoon ganking mission runners with miniluv is one of the most chill things ever and if you haven't tried it you should.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

Throwing in my standard plug for Minnesota: a pretty good and legit state. The olds still subsist on salt pepper and tater tots, but the Twin Cities are very diverse with both a lot of ethnic food and some great fine dining. I'd talk up Chicago too if they would grow up and stop calling a casserole a pizza.

Also, Warr Akini 4 president.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Are you really calling deep dish pizza a casserole?

If so, this continues to support my belief that people outside of Chicago and, begrudgingly, New York City (I had some good thin crust there) have no idea what good pizza is.

Go order yourself some more Little Caesar's or whatever you think good pizza is, you bad opinion haver.

Otacon posted:

So for anyone who didn't see the EVE Valkyrie footage from E3, you can check out some gameplay footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XzMLg-yA6Q

I feel like the larger ship and debris models took a step down in quality from the first video.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Richard Bong posted:

Are you really calling deep dish pizza a casserole?

It is, by definition, a casserole.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
CODE. is only 20 billion behind miniluv and we only have half the uptime of miniluv and a fraction of the manpower.

(9:53:10 PM) Warr Akini: code has killed 224b
(9:53:13 PM) Warr Akini: we have killed 261b

miniluv and highsec ganking is unironically the best and most fun thing in eve online and i regret being a poo poo head

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

It is, by definition, a casserole.

You're just mad I said nobody cares about Texas, it's true though.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
"Deep dish" and "casserole" are literally synonyms. if Chicago would just lay honest and just claim to originating the very best of the various hotdishes we could avoid this.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
DEATH TOLL SO FAR, less than 48 hours into the event:
Domain - 262 Billion ISK destroyed (at least): 85 Freighters, 12 Orcas, 7 Jump Freighters (TEAM MINILUV)
The Citadel - 228 Billion ISK destroyed (at least): 53 Freighters, 11 Orcas, 3 Jump Freighters (TEAM CODE)

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Chicago style pizza is just lasagna.

There, I said it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Richard Bong posted:

You're just mad I said nobody cares about Texas, it's true though.

im not from texas and dont give a poo poo about it :confused:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

As a scrub newbee who doesn't give a poo poo about beans or no beans, what's best to train for after VNI?

I've heard ishtars mentioned,

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

For isk making I believe the gila is a good starting point and then the Ishtar.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
You can also go for a rattlesnake, which I think is pulling bigger ticks than gila/Ishtar these days. Like any semi-afk ratter you will want to focus on core fitting skills, shields, and drones, skills that are more transferable than a single racial cruiser hull. You could go for the Ishtar for both isk-making and reavers though, which would be a cool good and efficient use of skillqueue.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Kazak_Hstan posted:

You can also go for a rattlesnake, which I think is pulling bigger ticks than gila/Ishtar these days. Like any semi-afk ratter you will want to focus on core fitting skills, shields, and drones, skills that are more transferable than a single racial cruiser hull. You could go for the Ishtar for both isk-making and reavers though, which would be a cool good and efficient use of skillqueue.

Reavers? What is that?

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Emnity posted:

Reavers? What is that?

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pgFXCnksJk

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Oodles posted:

what's best to train for after VNI?

I've heard ishtars mentioned,
For a newbie, ishtars are kind of a long way away. After you're sitting in a VNI I would make sure your supports are trained up, then T2 heavy drones, before going for an ishtar hull if that's the route you want to go. The main benefit of a ratting ishtar over a vni is mostly just survivability, which is a big deal but it doesn't necessarily make you more money. I don't know about gilas or rattlesnakes except that I see a lot of expensive rattlesnake lossmails that are funny.

Also, wait a sec, was the Texas disser some guy from chicago? :lol: keep pretending anybody cares about the midwest guy.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Richard Bong posted:

I feel like the larger ship and debris models took a step down in quality from the first video.

seems like its more flashy lazer cartoony; first video from fanfest had a bit darker art style i think? agreed that i liked the first video more

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Emnity posted:

Reavers? What is that?

Something that does not exist.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

vyst posted:

I want to see the drake at least usable without everyone laughing at it.

That reminds me are battlecruisers actually usable what with the warp and jump changes and all or are they just relegated to local defence?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
That hull class is in an awful spot.

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014

TrickNixon posted:

EG will be very saddened to hear this.

Well its not really dead, we are on a break for fozzysov, but that poo poo is boring so thats why i'm looking for a thing to do.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lord Xander posted:

Well its not really dead, we are on a break for fozzysov, but that poo poo is boring so thats why i'm looking for a thing to do.

Have you considered being kicked from the alliance for inactivity? I hear that's a thing that can happen to groups on break for fozziesov. :skink:

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014

Nietzschean posted:

Have you considered being kicked from the alliance for inactivity? I hear that's a thing that can happen to groups on break for fozziesov. :skink:

Haha, at this point i really don't care about a game like eve so. And if that happens i know i can be in waffe if i just ask a few people. But thats not the point the point is, is there stuff to do for euro dudes?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Burn Amarr had my very first Warr Akini-led gank fleet, and that man is extremely easy to listen to

I could spank it to his voice :dong:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lord Xander posted:

Haha, at this point i really don't care about a game like eve so. And if that happens i know i can be in waffe if i just ask a few people. But thats not the point the point is, is there stuff to do for euro dudes?

Besides burn amarr there is no content the coalition will hold your hand and lead you to, though I am told plenty of people have individually or in small groups found fun in Fountain.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Beanless boiled pizza flavored chilli. Find it in the dry foods isle

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Beanless boiled pizza flavored chilli. Find it in the dry foods isle

Look for the 50lb bag with the label "Purina".

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Nietzschean posted:

You must be deaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLFISH88
Jun 14, 2015
And why praytell do the goons believe Fozziesov to be boring?

• Locked thread