Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Tomero_the_Great posted:

You really need the hi-res for full effect:

Also, what we see vs what it sees:
vs

Somebody could repackage this tech as "spirit imaging technology" and make a fortune in the new-age snake oil salesman circuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Someone needs to make a program to allow you to send your own pictures through the process, stat.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Data Graham posted:

They got "Dogs, dogs everywhere :byodood:"
And a crippled flesh-owl man with shrimp hands.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

fosborb posted:

Look at this guy, doesn't even know what a cervix is.

If that's whats in one of those, I don't want to know...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Didn't someone making an animated .gif version of something like this which was even more horrifying?

That was me :haw: I made them open and close like the beak on a squid.

Sadly I lost it in a hard drive crash. For the best really.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I want to believe

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Buff Skeleton posted:

Google is just now seeing what haunted H.P. Lovecraft's dreams and will soon consume us all

Racism?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tea In A Shoe posted:

Someone forgot to plug in the correct cables:

Someone seriously misunderstood the term "wetware".

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Turns out it was different person and for opposite reasons :(:

"NY Daily News posted:

"I have no significant achievements to offer," he wrote in one letter. "So I am laying down my life here today, in order to call attention to issues of great human concern."

In his final letter, he noted that he died “with love in (his) heart” for the victims as racism and “the perpetrators of such horrors.”

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Not the same guy, unfortunately. This dude seemed pretty cool until the last.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/16/79-year-old-retired-reverend-set-himself-on-fire-to-inspire-social-justice/

quote:

Moore had gone on a two-week hunger strike in the 1990s to move the United Methodist Church to remove discriminatory language against homosexuals.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Junji Ito actually mentioned that Lovecraft is one of his inspirations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Junji Ito actually mentioned that Lovecraft is one of his inspirations.

No loving poo poo. Him and every other horror - based artist from the mid- 20th Century onward.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I like how the 19th century equivalent of anonymously calling someone a shitlord still requires you to attempt some rhyme and meter and a few courtesies scattered in.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Krinkle posted:

I like how the 19th century equivalent of anonymously calling someone a shitlord still requires you to attempt some rhyme and meter and a few courtesies scattered in.

There's a whole load of these and they're amazing. I love the bits of history that show how people back then were just as petty and awful as people today:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...ge&q&f=false%27

Whybird has a new favorite as of 12:06 on Jun 21, 2015

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013
Incredible, that's written Tourette's.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

There's something deeply unsettling about those computer generated landscapes. They have visible features from buildings but nothing is actually real, and your brain searches for recognizable shapes and patterns, like roads, but you're just met with this endlessly repeating non-Euclidean geometry. Is this what it's like in Lovecraft stories?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

There's something deeply unsettling about those computer generated landscapes. They have visible features from buildings but nothing is actually real, and your brain searches for recognizable shapes and patterns, like roads, but you're just met with this endlessly repeating non-Euclidean geometry. Is this what it's like in Lovecraft stories?
Read Junji Ito's "Uzumaki" series, then go back and look at all of those.

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

Alabaster White posted:

Maybe, but it's just like being on acid and closing your eyes.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Whybird posted:

There's a whole load of these and they're amazing. I love the bits of history that show how people back then were just as petty and awful as people today:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...ge&q&f=false%27

And 150 years later, the only thing that's changed is the racists can now send messages like this to the president instantaneously.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

Maybe, but it's just like being on acid and closing your eyes.

On acid your own neural network is probably trying as desperately to make sense of the noise as the artificial ones are, and failing in similar ways.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

hehehe

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Help have i developed cataracts?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

a kitten posted:

Help have i developed cataracts?

DON'T DEAD OPEN INSIDE

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

rodbeard posted:

DON'T DEAD OPEN INSIDE

DON'T INSIDE DEAD OPEN

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

There's a semi trailer around here that's been painted in an anti-smoking message. But they wrote it in a style similar to "don't open dead inside" I wonder if it would become an overused meme because LOL GRAMMAR if I posted it on the internet.

Specifically it says "80% of smokers start before age 18" but reads "80% smokers before 18 of start age"

Len has a new favorite as of 21:34 on Jun 21, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

That was an easy solve and just really?

Tea In A Shoe
Feb 1, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Someone seriously misunderstood the term "wetware".

It's for streaming :downsrim:

mediocre dad okay
Jan 9, 2007

The fascist don't like life then he break other's
BEAT BEAT THE FASCIST

:colbert:

Also content:

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Wrong about the top mine in the two vertical mines on the left side.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No. Try again.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
No, he's right that the image is wrong. He just started from the right side instead of the left. You can't satisfy the 3 without overloading at least one 1.

Either the 1 to the left of the 3 should be a 2, the 1 below it to the right should be a 2, or the 3 should be a 2.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Desuwa posted:

No, he's right that the image is wrong. He just started from the right side instead of the left. You can't satisfy the 3 without overloading at least one 1.

Either the 1 to the left of the 3 should be a 2, the 1 below it to the right should be a 2, or the 3 should be a 2.

No, if you move the top mine for the right-most 2 the most right you can while still touching the 2 and move the one above the ones to the "no" square it all fits without overloading anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Mikl posted:

No, if you move the top mine for the right-most 2 the most right you can while still touching the 2 and move the one above the ones to the "no" square it all fits without overloading anything.

Start from scratch and put three mines around the 3 and try to complete the rest of it. You will end up with a 1 with two mines touching it no matter how you place the three touching the 3.

e: if you put a mine in the place marked "no" the 1 directly below it is touching two mines. If you put a mine in the place marked "Hell no" you end up needing to place two mines touching the 1 directly below that (one in "Hell no" and one below and to the right of that 1).

Do it on a piece of paper if you don't believe me.

e2: More minesweeper.

More modern versions of minesweeper will move the mines so that you always "guess" right when there's ambiguity like this.

Desuwa has a new favorite as of 23:31 on Jun 21, 2015

• Locked thread