Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I do worry that Ryu, Roy, and Lucas might be a little bit strong. Mewtwo was made first and it definitely shows, with how comparatively tame he is.

Thankfully patches mean either those three can be turned down or everyone can be pumped up to compensate. And even at their strongest, none of them are Diddy during peak Hoo-Hah, or god forbid Brawl Meta Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Bee posted:

I do worry that Ryu, Roy, and Lucas might be a little bit strong. Mewtwo was made first and it definitely shows, with how comparatively tame he is.

Thankfully patches mean either those three can be turned down or everyone can be pumped up to compensate. And even at their strongest, none of them are Diddy during peak Hoo-Hah, or god forbid Brawl Meta Knight.

If they nerf Roy I'll loving riot

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Nerf shields so that Shulk and Ganondorf can be better sakurai

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Also so that the game can be better, in general

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

NTT posted:

Nerf shields so that Shulk and Ganondorf can be better sakurai

Nerf shields so that Ryu's strong forward tilt doesn't occasionally leave the opponent with a tiny sliver of shield left.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mr. sakurai made this game completely on his own. thats why the credits minigame is so easy, his is the only name on there

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Austrian mook posted:

Roy is really good. Too good actually, he's basically made Marth and Lucina irelevent. Nice to see Nintendo stepping up to the mark with pay to win DLC! Look, if I wanted this kind of poo poo I'd buy whatever the latest new loving mobile game fad is. Clash of Clans or whatever the poo poo. gently caress off.

Or just play as your favorite character??

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Were people this angry when DLC first became a thing

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I really hope they buff Mewtwo in a coming patch. His moves are so aesthetically pleasing, but he's so darn light.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I completely forgot Mewtwo exists. What happened to him?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Smash players call floaty characters like Mewtwo "combo food:" because of his floaty physics combined with large hitboxes and low weight, meaning he dies if he gets touched.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I haven't bought mewtwo and I don't plan to

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Aston posted:

I haven't bought mewtwo and I don't plan to

same. i got him for free, instead

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Sade posted:

Smash players call floaty characters like Mewtwo "combo food:" because of his floaty physics combined with large hitboxes and low weight, meaning he dies if he gets touched.

Kirby, meanwhile, is combo kryptonite and can get out of so many combos that normally work on other characters because his hitbox is ridiculously tiny and impossible to kill because his recovery is ridiculously awesome

Proving once again Kirby and Jigglypuff are the best characters.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

sharrrk posted:

same. i got him for free, instead

The low, low price of free!*

*(someone paid $100)

I bought all the characters, even if I don't plan to use them much, simply because Nintendo's DLC outings have been high quality and reasonably priced. $4 for a new character I can smash with whenever I want? Sure. $7 for eight new Mario Kart tracks plus a bunch of characters and custom kart parts? Sign me the gently caress up. Just don't pull any season pass bull.

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.

Austrian mook posted:

Roy is really good. Too good actually, he's basically made Marth and Lucina irelevent. Nice to see Nintendo stepping up to the mark with pay to win DLC! Look, if I wanted this kind of poo poo I'd buy whatever the latest new loving mobile game fad is. Clash of Clans or whatever the poo poo. gently caress off.

DLC characters should be mediocre at best or SO HELP ME

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

This.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Roy on DLC: Today, we are not all Mewtwos

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait to effortlessly curbstomp all the Luigi, Sheik, and Sonic players out there with the busted dlc character K. Rool.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I can't wait to effortlessly curbstomp all the Luigi, Sheik, and Sonic players out there with the busted dlc character Chibi Robo.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
In another world, the DLC characters are all bad, and people are mad over spending a small cone of ice cream for bad characters

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

notoriousman posted:

*(someone paid $100)

I paid the $100 for the free Mewtwo and threw away the games because I got what I really wanted.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Mercury Crusader posted:

I paid the $100 for the free Mewtwo and threw away the games because I got what I really wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX2vwjMuKac

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I use my 3ds copy for my WIi u as an extra controller which saved me 40 bucks :)

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
pre-order Starfox 0 and get Wolf dlc for $2.99

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

bef posted:

pre-order Wolf dlc and get Starfox 0 for $2.99

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Finally played the Miiverse stage.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wild Knight posted:

only Mega Man is good do not let something awful trick you into playing other "characters"

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Austrian mook posted:

gently caress off into the blast zone forever

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Fire Emblem 6 is a piece of poo poo. There, I had to say it.

gently caress Roy!!!

I will destroy you with Roy

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 22, 2015

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

notoriousman posted:

*(someone paid $100)

I bought all the characters, even if I don't plan to use them much, simply because Nintendo's DLC outings have been high quality and reasonably priced. $4 for a new character I can smash with whenever I want? Sure. $7 for eight new Mario Kart tracks plus a bunch of characters and custom kart parts? Sign me the gently caress up. Just don't pull any season pass bull.

This. They could have made no dlc. gently caress off people bitching about it. Unless you're getting paid to play smash professionally and can't afford Roy what's your problem with them being really good? It won't matter unless you're at the highest skill level and I doubt most people in here are.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
'paid to play smash professionally'

llol

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

NTT posted:

'paid to play smash professionally'

llol

I thought I put the word somehow in there. Whoops

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I haven't played this game enough recently. I just got beat by a guy who was doing basically nothing but grabs

on the upside I did this today

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

First you draw a circle.

First you DRAW A CIRCLE. I can't help you more unless you complete step one!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I've made my contribution to the Miiverse stage

I hope some pika player gets inspired and wins.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I drew a stick figure of Ike that said Ike is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Reiley posted:

I've made my contribution to the Miiverse stage

I hope some pika player gets inspired and wins.

Is "Gotta Smash 'em All" too obvious?

• Locked thread