Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nintendo Kid posted:

Looks like we can add how "hereditary" works to the List Of Things Teayches Knows Nothing About.

How can you be so dense that you don't recognize that it's really hosed up that another Clinton is running for president in a representative democracy. We have over 300,000,000 people in this nation and we're looking at another Bush vs. Clinton election? Get a loving grip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ugh I hate these political dynasties. You know, the dynasties where a man is elected president twice, there's a 16 year gap, and then his wife is maybe elected at least once after.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TEAYCHES posted:

How can you be so dense that you don't recognize that it's really hosed up that another Clinton is running for president in a representative democracy.

It isn't hosed up at all. Sorry that you think women shouldn't get to run on their own merits because their man already got the same position, though? Because that's sexist as gently caress, just FYI.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Didn't Hillary used to go by Rodham until Bill ran for governor in Arkansas?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

TEAYCHES posted:

How can you be so dense that you don't recognize that it's really hosed up that another Clinton is running for president in a representative democracy. We have over 300,000,000 people in this nation and we're looking at another Bush vs. Clinton election? Get a loving grip.

There are plenty of decent reasons to be upset with our current batch of candidates or the way our political system works in bringing statesmen to prominence but the problem isn't Hillary's husband.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nintendo Kid posted:

It isn't hosed up at all. Sorry that you think women shouldn't get to run on their own merits because their man already got the same position, though? Because that's sexist as gently caress, just FYI.

It's actually really hosed up, that we have political dynasties in a representative democracy. "Keeping it in the family."

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TEAYCHES posted:

It's actually really hosed up, that we have political dynasties in a representative democracy. "Keeping it in the family."

That is not a dynasty, you weirdo.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

bernie is the ned stark of politics

How long until Hilary burns Chelsea at the stake for the presidency?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Didn't Hillary used to go by Rodham until Bill ran for governor in Arkansas?

She went by Rodham-Clinton during her time in the Senate.

I mean even today, she's not Mrs. Clinton, she's Hillary.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

A lot of people fundamentally distrust Hillary Clinton, like she is not running a campaign in good faith.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nintendo Kid posted:

Tell me more about how badly you suffer from autism.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TEAYCHES posted:

Yeah like those loving Roosevelts. How dare that FDR rear end in a top hat run and win. I bet he was terrible too! :argh:

You're retarded.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

We crossed this bridge almost 200 years ago...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nintendo Kid posted:

Don't you watch the Simpsons? Everyone knows that when you marry, the wife gains the husband's DNA. :pseudo:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah like those loving Roosevelts. How dare that FDR rear end in a top hat run and win. I bet he was terrible too! :argh:

You're retarded.

I think that's hosed up too, I guess we were lucky that FDR was a good man. However I don't think that Clinton is a good woman, and I think she is further to the right than Obama, which is pretty hosed up.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

TEAYCHES posted:

I think that's hosed up too, I guess we were lucky that FDR was a good man. However I don't think that Clinton is a good woman, and I think she is further to the right than Obama, which is pretty hosed up.

Then attack her beliefs and not her loving marriage you utter twit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TEAYCHES posted:

A lot of people fundamentally distrust Hillary Clinton, like she is not running a campaign in good faith.

To be clear, what does this actually mean, why is she running this campaign if not because she probably really wants to be president?

Mister Macys posted:

Don't you watch the Simpsons? Everyone knows that when you marry, the wife gains the husband's DNA. :pseudo:

All I know is a husband and wife cannot run for president after each other and they cannot be forced to testify against each other, it's in the constitution somewhere.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TEAYCHES posted:

Clinton campaigned for Universal Healthcare in the 90s before it was cool. As I recall, Obama never even considered the idea when forming the ACA deal.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Voyager I posted:

I think it was really hosed up with George W. Bush, the son of George Bush, ran for president and won. I think it is really weird that another Clinton is the presumed nominee of the Democratic party, and I don't think that is good or healthy because she is also right wing.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Voyager I posted:

i think the point is shes more in position because of her marriage than her beliefs, which id argue as "true". i dont really care how we get cool people into office, just that it happens. that said, i dont particularly hate hillary for anything other than her view on banks.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TEAYCHES posted:

There are at least a half dozen presidents who were more closely related to each other than the two Roosevelts. Some of them were even more closely related to one of the Roosevelts themselves!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

TEAYCHES posted:

I think it was really hosed up with George W. Bush, the son of George Bush, ran for president and won. I think it is really weird that another Clinton is the presumed nominee of the Democratic party, and I don't think that is good or healthy because she is also right wing.

The reason W was terrible was due to his wretched policies, lich-infested cabinet, and myriad other failings, both political and personal, too numerous to name. That he is the son of a previous president had nothing to do with it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The reason W was terrible was due to his wretched policies, lich-infested cabinet, and myriad other failings, both political and personal, too numerous to name. That he is the son of a previous president had nothing to do with it.

No, but it plays a big role in why he was elected in the first place.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TEAYCHES posted:

Tell me more about how badly you suffer from autism.

Tell me more about how you can't understand simple words that middle school children can. Why do wives forfeit their right to political power by having their husbands have it in the past, in your view?

TEAYCHES posted:

Looks like we can add "right wing" to the list of things you don't understand!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

No, but it plays a big role in why he was elected in the first place.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nintendo Kid posted:

Tell me more about how you can't understand simple words that middle school children can. Why do wives forfeit their right to political power by having their husbands have it in the past, in your view?

Looks like we can add "right wing" to the list of things you don't understand!

fishmech-chan :allears:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Teayches deserves some credit for taking some of the least controversial opinions in D&D (political power being concentrated in the hands of wealthy elites is bad, Hillary is a dubious candidate for broad progressive reform) and expressing them so poorly that people who share his values want him to stop talking.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

I think we should have better candidates in this representative democracy, ones who aren't in the same family of previous presidents and genuinely believe in what they are doing.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

TEAYCHES posted:

I think we should have better candidates in this representative democracy, ones who aren't in the same family of previous presidents and genuinely believe in what they are doing.

I think we should have worse candidates, and more of them should be closely related to each other.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Obdicut posted:

I think we should have worse candidates, and more of them should be closely related to each other.

Really hosed up, if true.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TEAYCHES posted:

I'm glad you're campaigning for Rick Santorum.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

i think the point is shes more in position because of her marriage than her beliefs, which id argue as "true". i dont really care how we get cool people into office, just that it happens. that said, i dont particularly hate hillary for anything other than her view on banks.

People were predicting she'd run for president since she was in college

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TEAYCHES posted:

So you support Hillary then! Great.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
it's not a pattern until it happens three times, which is why the Adams, Roosevelts and even Bush 1+2 were fine, and Hillary would be fine, but Jeb would be bad, and not good

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

jeb would be bad because he is jeb

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Jeb almost proves that dynasties aren't this horrible thing to be afraid of. He's got two presidencies' worth of headstart and he's still completely worthless as a candidate. GWB was completely unprepared to run for President too, but at least he had that "have a beer with" thing going for him. Jeb, the more "wonky" brother, managed to actually go out and campaign while having no answer to the Iraq question - the most obvious question imaginable, which he should have a had a bulletproof, needle-threading answer for that was tweaked and vetted by dozens of professionals ahead of time. Not only that, he seemed surprised he was even asked it. He's going to watch balloons drop on Walker on TV and still not really get why that happened.

Hillary was pretty dogshit as a candidate last time too, but not quite this bad, and she managed to do something in the intervening years other than lick wounds and host "retreats."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

reignonyourparade posted:

it's not a pattern until it happens three times, which is why the Adams, Roosevelts and even Bush 1+2 were fine, and Hillary would be fine, but Jeb would be bad, and not good

The Harrisons can gently caress right off! Die from drinking poop water once, your family is barred from office, in my opinion.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I think the fact that so many of our leaders are part of political dynasties is a troubling symptom of America's social and economic stratification. It doesn't automatically disqualify any individual candidate but it isn't a good thing either. It was one reason I supported Obama over Hillary in 2008 and one reason I plan on voting for Bernie in the primary. But it isn't a reason by itself to choose a Republican over Hillary, at least not for me.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think the fact that so many of our leaders are part of political dynasties is a troubling symptom of America's social and economic stratification. It doesn't automatically disqualify any individual candidate but it isn't a good thing either. It was one reason I supported Obama over Hillary in 2008 and one reason I plan on voting for Bernie in the primary. But it isn't a reason by itself to choose a Republican over Hillary, at least not for me.

I agree with this. Hillary is symptomatic of serious problems in the United States, but the Republican field is so much worse in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?

Obdicut posted:

Candidates aren't closely related enough! Bring back inbreeding!

• Locked thread