Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm going to start fresh and make a science nerd (me irl) wish me luck! Hopefully I finish a playthrough this time!

edit: any suggestions on stuff I can do make it a better run, or good equipment I should work towards?

For Science!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Heck yeah. I've tagged energy and science, but I'm deciding between repair and medicine for the last one. It seems like medicine might be a trap tag? Because I'm unsure how many stimpacks I run across in the desert. If it's a lot then medicine seems like kind of a waste. And repairing stuff (even I don't need the guns/bullets) still seems ok.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Holy poo poo it feels so good to shoot guns. After the bullshit of trying to plink down a flying dragon with a bow in Skyrim, using lasers to vaporize mantis bugs is so refreshing

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

new vegas beat bethesda at their own drat game by a mile and obsidian will never get the chance to make another

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MAd Bomber perk is so sick...I completely forgot about it but it almost doubles the homemade bomb recipes. Microfusion cell grenades and Fat Mines :staredog:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

Core, I guess. Cybernetics is full of OP poo poo and Rebalance doesn't work with jsawyer.

I can't remember if Core handles replacing weapons with their Gun Runners Arsenal counterparts or if that's Equipment, but Equipment adds all this ugly poo poo to the game that doesn't make any sense. Like, the Boomers all get this ugly looking power armor and there's a really ugly Vault-Tec set somewhere. It's probably one of the patches Project Nevada has for the DLC that does it. Don't use Equipment, then.

I actually like the two power armors it adds. My only problem with it is that both of them look insanely bad if you wear just the helmet or just the armor. The FO2 Gauss Rifle it adds is probably OP though since it seems to be better than anything in vanilla, even then holorifle.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I walked all the way to the Mojave outpost, and then remembered that I could carry more poo poo thanks to Ed-E so I went back to the lone wolf caravan to get some sensor modules I left behind to make mines. Picked up mad bomber along the way and was able to make satchel charges + microfusion grenades. Skipped Nipton and just waltzed into the Primm pass and blew up the blind death claw with 5 mines and 2 satchel charges and Ed-e shot off his last bar of health as he was hobbling up to kill me.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

SM64Guy posted:

new vegas beat bethesda at their own drat game by a mile and obsidian will never get the chance to make another

I want to believe

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

net cafe scandal posted:

Yall are some catty bitches tonight.
i became slowly unmotivated, crawling through the wasteland, armed even with the best of the hd4k series cards ati has to offer. my diamond hd4890 would render better than all other cards in the deck, but it failed to prepare me for the debacle to come. once i managed to crawl from the mire of one bad quest after anothe, i soon achieved prominence in my quests. eventually, challenge fell to my prodigious skill in point allocation. yje doctor grafted upon my person a dick bigger than that which would be needed to fell even the loosest sluts of new vegas. a;as, i was the nv of yhe virtual world, but like nuclear winter, the game would start to freeze when i proceeded to finish the game.

and you, sir, are an rear end in a top hat. i expect this kind of treatment at denny's, but just let it be said i WILL NOT be dining here again with my family. Thank youandgoodbye.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Izumi Konata posted:

i became slowly unmotivated, crawling through the wasteland, armed even with the best of the hd4k series cards ati has to offer. my diamond hd4890 would render better than all other cards in the deck, but it failed to prepare me for the debacle to come. once i managed to crawl from the mire of one bad quest after anothe, i soon achieved prominence in my quests. eventually, challenge fell to my prodigious skill in point allocation. yje doctor grafted upon my person a dick bigger than that which would be needed to fell even the loosest sluts of new vegas. a;as, i was the nv of yhe virtual world, but like nuclear winter, the game would start to freeze when i proceeded to finish the game.

and you, sir, are an rear end in a top hat. i expect this kind of treatment at denny's, but just let it be said i WILL NOT be dining here again with my family. Thank youandgoodbye.

Durr.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Izumi Konata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNprYJNAzBs

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Izumi Konata posted:

what in the gently caress is this post

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
https://www.foiledagainchocolate.com/buy-coins

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've been trying to play through FO3, and it's amazing how bad it is

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Izumi Konata posted:

please stop posting here

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Can the mods please remove this lf pedofile from my thread.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can the mods please remove this lf pedofile from my thread.

i should over look your misguided deeds and
try to give you advice for how you, as the
most prominent member of a fore,
bearing postpeak yield, can achieve
excellence, the activity has dwindled to
well below half of its historic peak and
has not had time to reminisce upon what it
once was. and yet you scoff at me for my
insubsistent input. the posts are benign
as they are solely intended to be
directed to your eyes only; someone else
denies their message because they are
illiterate plebian trash, yet you
feign ignorance too, ignorance to the last
merciful chance leading to your own salvation.

is this how you fetishise mortality?
one cannot have way with onecelf to yield their
progeny, absent of the creator, they are an
infertile heap of dust.
oh such a cruel fate for he who is being
groomed for the position of overlord in
the magic emperor of tax reduction's
absence, for he has lived, and lives yet.
he know the good feels of the living, but is dying.

you have squandered treasure
when it was to be used as a bounty for
your own salvation, and therefore your holdings
are now threadbare; your purse is
both holy, desolate, and a spectacle deserving
of mockery. your very pursestrings are too
an object of mockery. oh behold with woe
how the mighty have had and have been had
and have lost in the pinnacle of their prominence.
woe to he who carries a purse in shame, for it looseth
everything it held, and everything it grasps in want. lost and gone,
the very substance of the wretched which still might have
granted them the salvation of their very essence,
but yet may nevermore.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Go gently caress yourself

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Roses are red
Violets are blue

:staredog:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Status Update: Still fun to zap things with lazers

Enjoy a Berry
Apr 21, 2012

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

SunAndSpring posted:

Roses are red
Violets are blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_rB119MFBY

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear
Finished up a 173 mod FO3 game after 244 hours, started a 131 mod FNV! Just finished up Novac/REPCONN, and maybe do HELIOS or Boulder next.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Omar_Comin posted:

Finished up a 173 mod FO3 game after 244 hours, started a 131 mod FNV! Just finished up Novac/REPCONN, and maybe do HELIOS or Boulder next.

O_O

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Omar_Comin posted:

Does BOSS/LOOT explode when you load it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

hell, I had a 300-mod Oblivion save

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Does BOSS/LOOT explode when you load it

Using MO for both games and LOOT handles it just fine. I loosely followed a couple of recommended mod guides, http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Fallout3 and http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas

Not much room left for NV mods as stability really tanks the closer you get to 140 mods total.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i stopped pplaying ths game bc i got bored right after helping the boomers/ doing the first dlc. i switched to ff6 ehich hsd too many drat characters

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm basically done with owb now and nothing can ever cause me injury or hardship again bc that dlc is busted and gives you like 15 levels. But it's still my favorite.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm gonna spend the day downloading texture mods and then play some more. I've gotten to Dead Money, which is the best DLC.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I'm basically done with owb now and nothing can ever cause me injury or hardship again bc that dlc is busted and gives you like 15 levels. But it's still my favorite.

the fully upgraded robotic bodyparts are great too

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 22, 2015

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
one huge improvement over FO3, among many, were that perks actually did stuff beyond give you a five point bonus to a skill, or a marginal increase in damage. FO3's perks were so loving boring across the board, and skyrim did essentially the same thing.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

one huge improvement over FO3, among many, were that perks actually did stuff beyond give you a five point bonus to a skill, or a marginal increase in damage. FO3's perks were so loving boring across the board, and skyrim did essentially the same thing.

I was so excited to get the slice ppls heads off perk but it hardly ever triggers and only when they're almost dead anyway. So fail.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You gotta use j Sawyer which cuts all the quest exp rewards for the dlcs.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I don't like a lot of the balance changes so I don't use it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I don't like a lot of the balance changes so I don't use it.

The gently caress?

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I played a bit more of this. Went into the mesquite mountains to pick up the skill books. Epically blew up the giant radscorpions with some cool mine traps. Ed-e is excellent for this kind of play through if you set him to wait so he behaves like a little turret. Post apocalyptic Walt would totes have a floating weapons platform he put together himself following him around.

walt is a chemist, not a mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hoodrich posted:

walt is a chemist, not a mechanic.

Have you even watched the show you big retard?

• Locked thread