Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

African AIDS cum posted:

Death cult even, RIP Tito and Abidal and who knows how many others.

Don't forget Jordi Alba's facial structure, RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/19/brazil-petrobras-scandal-idUSL1N0Z50JB20150619

The CEO of the largest construction company in Latin America was arrested on bribery charges related to a state run oil firm. While not directly linked to FIFA yet, this same construction company was charged with the construction of the Brazil World Cup stadiums.

What are the chances that more FIFA corruption gets brought to light?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Never thought I would see the combination of FIFA and the moon landings, but here we are: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/19/moon-landing-investigation-demanded-by-russia-official-_n_7623254.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

quote:

A Russian official has demanded an international inquiry into the NASA space missions that landed man on the moon. Writing for Russian newspaper Izvestia, Vladimir Markin, who sits on an Investigative Committee for the Russian government, said a probe should be launched into the moon landings, which took place between 1969 and 1972.

According to the Moscow Times, Markin’s remarks are retaliation for the investigation launched by US authorities into corruption at Fifa, which has intensified questions around Russia’s suitability to host the 2018 World Cup.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter announced his resignation earlier this month in the wake of the scandal, which saw 9 Fifa officials arrested on corruption charges.

Markin wrote that as US prosecutors had “declared themselves the supreme arbiters of international football affairs" investigators should look into supposedly dubious parts of America’s past, specifically the moon landings and the disappearance of film footage from the original 1969 landing by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin.

Markin also wants the investigation to look at the whereabouts of the 400 kilograms of moon rock obtained during the landings.

He wrote: "We are not contending that they did not fly [to the moon], and simply made a film about it. But all of these scientific -- or perhaps cultural -- artifacts are part of the legacy of humanity, and their disappearance without a trace is our common loss. An investigation will reveal what happened.”

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Can Russia possibly get any more butthurt about the fact that they're going to lose the 2018 World Cup and the US was the reason why? Next they're going to start questioning whether jet fuel can melt steel beams or not.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Putin and Obama should shake hands, that should fix it. No further action needed

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Tass, still the official voice of Soviet thought posted:

A Russian official has demanded an international inquiry into the NASA space missions that landed man on the moon. Writing for Russian newspaper Izvestia, Vladimir Markin, who sits on an Investigative Committee for the Russian government, said a probe should be launched into the moon landings, which took place between 1969 and 1972.

According to the Moscow Times, Markin’s remarks are retaliation for the investigation launched by US authorities into corruption at Fifa, which has intensified questions around Russia’s suitability to host the 2018 World Cup.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter announced his resignation earlier this month in the wake of the scandal, which saw 9 Fifa officials arrested on corruption charges.

Markin wrote that as US prosecutors had “declared themselves the supreme arbiters of international football affairs" investigators should look into supposedly dubious parts of America’s past, specifically the moon landings and the disappearance of film footage from the original 1969 landing by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin.

Markin also wants the investigation to look at the whereabouts of the 400 kilograms of moon rock obtained during the landings.

He wrote: "We are not contending that they did not fly [to the moon], and simply made a film about it. But all of these scientific -- or perhaps cultural -- artifacts are part of the legacy of humanity, and their disappearance without a trace is our common loss. An investigation will reveal what happened.”

hell, I'd like to know where those rocks went too, thanks Obama.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mr. Mambold posted:

There was a documentary movie about it a few years back called 'Apollo 18'.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Chuck Blazer's prized iguana suns itself atop a bed of moon rocks at his luxurious Manhattan apartment

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
There's plenty of moon rocks for everyone, just have to get up there.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kurtofan posted:

There's plenty of moon rocks for everyone, just have to get up there.

Maybe let the moon host the 2022 world cup.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

so you want the men to also play on astroturf

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

dex_sda posted:

so you want the men to also play on astroturf

Beach soccer, it's all sand and rocks

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Mambold posted:

Play Portal 2, it will explain everything

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Mr. Mambold posted:

It'd be more hospitable

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
It would certainly have more atmosphere

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Machinegunboyo posted:

:coolspot:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I wonder if a low gravity stadium would produce a better game?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
probably for the wwc.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Machinegunboyo posted:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I can't wait to see that Russia is going to do if they lose the 2018 World Cup. Putin is going to lose his poo poo.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

e: wrong thread

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Awful app sucks

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Awful app sucks

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Pissflaps posted:

I wonder if a low gravity stadium would produce a better game?

Make a bigger goal and I say you're good to go. Keepers diving 15 feet would be awesome.

Otherwise you're gonna have forwards literally skying the ball and keepers who can cover every corner of the goal.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Bogan Krkic posted:

It'd be more hospitable

Machinegunboyo posted:

:awesomelon:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Rad Valtar posted:

I can't wait to see that Russia is going to do if they lose the 2018 World Cup. Putin is going to lose his poo poo.

They'll give a big press conference announcing that they're opening an investigation into whether George Bush did 9/11 and Loose Change was a factual documentary.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Machinegunboyo posted:

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/22/diego-maradona-candidate-fifa-presidency

:getin:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Also Russia just cut like $500m from their WC budget

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/06/russia-cuts-2018-world-cup-budget-560m-150622100858799.html

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Al Jazeera posted:

Costly airport renovations and high-speed rail links are also needed to ease travel between the 11 host cities.

:stare:

Which 11 cities?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Propaganda Machine posted:

:stare:

Which 11 cities?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup#Venues

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

http://youtu.be/MusyO7J2inM#t=76s

The end of this sketch loops in my head while I read this thread.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao you could fit pretty much all of Europe in a diamond drawn between St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Ekaterinburg and Sochi.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

FIFA loves giving the WC to nations that need to build entire infrastructure for it, huh?

Guess you get more kickbacks and graft that way.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

davecrazy posted:

FIFA loves giving the WC to nations that need to build entire infrastructure for it, huh?

Guess you get more kickbacks and graft that way.

Nah, they're fine with cutting the infrastructure investment if the bribes come through other ways. My hometown in Brazil remodeled 3 stadiums for the world cup (main stadium was going to close, so they remodeled the second stadium for the pro league to use, except the second renovation was delayed and they had to do a third stadium). On the positive side, no one used to know where Belo Horizonte was, but now whenever people look confused when I tell them I am from Belo Horizonte, I can just tell them it is where Brazil lost to Germany.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1804519-el-poder-obsceno

Argentina paid $10k to every Ireland player not to tackle Messi during a friendly in 2010

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1804519-el-poder-obsceno

Argentina paid $10k to every Ireland player not to tackle Messi during a friendly in 2010

nothing wrong with this

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Can't read that article but I'm guessing if Messi breaks a leg or something, Argentina would have to pay far more than 10k a player to cover his wages and insurance.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
It is well known in the football community that Ronaldo pays players to give 110% against him so he faces the ultimate competition, goodness gracious, Messi is a sham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Is that the same Ireland where the economy went into recession thanks to Henry's hand?