Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity
Cool, it looks like I can still log into ffgoons so I guess I'll see what situation there is. I assume I got kicked from DGKK for inactivity and will have to apply again. Here's hoping warriors are good now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jya2eBCDcW0

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

cadenza posted:

Cool, it looks like I can still log into ffgoons so I guess I'll see what situation there is. I assume I got kicked from DGKK for inactivity and will have to apply again. Here's hoping warriors are good now.

not even level 60
also you can do it twice in a row

:getin:

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Meiteron posted:

Well I found it a more existential grim for the first "Act" (which ends at the Aery), where you have the plucky party trekking through the wilderness to find the one Good Dragon who wants peace to try and resolve this war without bloodshed, and there are trials and obstacles and character growth.

And if this were a standard final fantasy you'd reach the Good Dragon and figure out how to resolve things happily but you get there and the Good Dragon is all "no, really, we loving hate you for legitimately understandable reasons and just because I'm not out there murdering as many of you as I can doesn't mean I'm interested in helping you. Piss off." and you're left with no good options but to continue a cycle of violence.

And then more stuff happens but you haven't gotten to it yet.

Not only that but good dragon really isn't good dragon at all, he's bitter, sad-brains dragon. Also, your country is a total lie, hey Iceheart, all your faith? All lies too. Also, the war? It's not really a war, it's an horrific unending troll by a very angry dragon

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 23, 2015

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Iron Tusk posted:

Not only that but good dragon really isn't good dragon at all, he's bitter, sad-brains dragon. Also, your country is a total lie, hey Iceheart, all your faith? All lies too. Also, the war? It's not really a war, it's an horrific unending troll by a very angry dragon

The true SCOPE of Nidhogg's true plan for vengeance is actually really horrifying.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Iron Tusk posted:

Also bear in mind we never truly found out what started it. In that sure Thordan killed their sister, but why? I don't trust the white dragon's version any more than the churches. They didn't reveal everything and gotta give em props for that.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DizzyBum posted:

Real answer: Read the OP, there's over 1000 goons regularly playing on Excalibur.

No, yesterday there were 240-250 online in PBC and there's just over 500 in the FC! That's less than 50% online! Game is dying.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Fister Roboto posted:

I love this game.

:argh: I was about to upload this very thing

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Someone effort posted a big list of levels to do leveling from 30-50, does anyone remember what they were?

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

fadam posted:

Someone effort posted a big list of levels to do leveling from 30-50, does anyone remember what they were?

Costa del sol til 35
Coerthas Central til 40
North Thanalan til 50

book
Nov 29, 2014

Eimi posted:

Also bear in mind we never truly found out what started it. In that sure Thordan killed their sister, but why? I don't trust the white dragon's version any more than the churches. They didn't reveal everything and gotta give em props for that.

Thought they said they trapped her to consume her eyes to gain the dragon's power.

peloazul
May 11, 2010

:catdrugs:

Fun Shoe

peloazul posted:

Source for people bitching about it? (Mac client)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/241173-The-Mac-OS-X-Client-s-absymal-performance-is-a-joke.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3atsda/anyone_else_having_issues_with_the_mac_client/

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Gishin posted:

Costa del sol til 35
Coerthas Central til 40
North Thanalan til 50

Sorry, not FATEs, Leves. Apparently they get the rested bonus without actually consuming it.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

book posted:

Thought they said they trapped her to consume her eyes to gain the dragon's power.

Base greed, envy and a fear of death are all good motivators. That they still weren't equal to dragons after it all makes their crime all the more pathetic.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

fadam posted:

Sorry, not FATEs, Leves. Apparently they get the rested bonus without actually consuming it.

Adamantoise Tears until your eyes fall out
Something something
St. Coinach as soon as you can handle it (everything but the /beckon leve)

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

a cat on an apple posted:

Adamantoise Tears until your eyes fall out
Something something
St. Coinach as soon as you can handle it (everything but the /beckon leve)

There's a coerthas leve that is the same type as the adamantoise tears but I forget what it's called.
Also if you have a lot of rested xp there are some level ranges (starting with Cutter's Cry access I think) where running dungeons is better exp/hr than the leves (unless you get two MCHs).

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Ahahahaha the kain pet does Jump as his random animation

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

So, I hear talk that there are meters [3rd party, I'm assuming] but I was under the assumption that the UI/game were pretty much core only.

1) What meters do people use [want more for scholarly interest rather than epeen]
2) Are there any other addons or mods that works?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

fadam posted:

Are you thinking of this? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726685&perpage=40&pagenumber=22#post446821544

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

mightygerm posted:

not even level 60
also you can do it twice in a row

:getin:

:stare: what level are you to do that much damage to a 52

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Ciaphas posted:

:stare: what level are you to do that much damage to a 52

I don't even understand how the numbers add up. My DRK hits a DA Souleater, which is 400 potency, and crits more for around 1.3k at lvl 57 even. Will have to see how Carve and Spit does, since it's 450 potency.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Berserk, crit rate increasing crit damage, weapon damage, Storm's Eye, there's a lot of factors.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rannison posted:

So, I hear talk that there are meters [3rd party, I'm assuming] but I was under the assumption that the UI/game were pretty much core only.

1) What meters do people use [want more for scholarly interest rather than epeen]
2) Are there any other addons or mods that works?

Act parser, rainbow mage overlay. Was attempting to set it up last night only to log on and see I only had 2 hours to play. Have to wait till tonight to try it out.

The overlay is just some html code, so you can edit how it looks pretty easy.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
At 60 War with scrub gear against a 59 random thing in Azys Lla, the highest Fell Cleave crit I got was 4.3k

edit: With Berserk, Eye, Maim, etc all up

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Rafzakael posted:

At 60 War with scrub gear against a 59 random thing in Azys Lla, the highest Fell Cleave crit I got was 4.3k

edit: With Berserk, Eye, Maim, etc all up

Ahh that's right, I forgot how many increases WAR has like that.

50% from the Berserk, 20% with the Maim, on top of -10% slashing for the mob, etc.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

Is this still the case or did it get fixed in the patch? Because I'd love to mindlessly levequest something to 50 without doing another FATE.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Really?! At the end of the Heavensward trailer, when they mention the Warrior of Darkness, I was joking with people that there was gonna be an evil doppelganger of you. I'm really sad that's the case for real.

The worst part is that it's not even you. It's an evil version of the generic WoL from the trailers

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

El Cid posted:

Is this still the case or did it get fixed in the patch? Because I'd love to mindlessly levequest something to 50 without doing another FATE.

Still works from what I can tell; a leve that should have given me about ~9k gave me ~19k in Coerthas.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bonewitch posted:

The worst part is that it's not even you. It's an evil version of the generic WoL from the trailers

drat it!, I was really looking forward for posts about people who cant kill themselves!

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
So some random dude on Reddit mentioned that if a MCH uses Wildfire then a limit break, that the LB damage is added like any other. Can anyone confirm that? If that's true, count that with such hilarious poo poo as auto-crit heals CD for warriors.

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.
:gonk: As someone who burned through 2.1-2.55 on Friday/Saturday and just hit 52 last night, it's taking all my dumb nerd restraint to not look at all the spoilers.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

There are too many black bars in this thread and temptation is almost getting the better of me. :ohdear:

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Just finished 2.55 here, one day I'll be able to read this thread without fear of spoilers.

Speaking of 2.55, crikey, that was some concentrated high-grade villainous dickbaggery.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Klades posted:

There's a coerthas leve that is the same type as the adamantoise tears but I forget what it's called.

It's called Cower to the People. I'd recommend leaving Tears for it at level 33, any earlier and it might be difficult to clear the quests that aren't about picking up dirt.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Minrad posted:

:argh: I was about to upload this very thing

What is this reference?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Tortolia posted:

If it makes you feel any better, maps give five Alex per now and they only cost 75 poetics!

(I just did the last 40 Alex over the weekend).

Reports seem to indicate they made everything about five times faster for the old relic progress including drop rates and light.

Oh, really.

Well, that's pretty neat then.

Too bad it's utterly outclassed by poo poo you can get by level 56 or something. At least it will look neat.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

Mo0 posted:

What is this reference?

Matoya's cave in FF1 had backwards talking brooms that teach you how to open the world map. "let's fighting love" is a lyric to a song in an episode of South Park.

I guess the last part is a shout out to Simpsons.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Gishin posted:

Matoya's cave in FF1 had backwards talking brooms that teach you how to open the world map. "let's fighting love" is a lyric to a song in an episode of South Park.

I guess the last part is a shout out to Simpsons.

It's referencing this Simpsons episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-S5PZb8MJE

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

seiferguy posted:

It's referencing this Simpsons episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-S5PZb8MJE

I had forgotten about that episode. Thank you for reminding me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Klades posted:

Also if you have a lot of rested xp there are some level ranges (starting with Cutter's Cry access I think) where running dungeons is better exp/hr than the leves (unless you get two MCHs).

"Cower to the People" is the fate in the Observatorium in Coerthas.

• Locked thread