Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

notthegoatseguy posted:

Didn't Slott's story right before Secret Wars put Parker Industries in some type of huge scandal?
Yeah, it really felt like Slott was told to burn it to the loving ground.

CharlestheHammer posted:

If slott is still running the ship for Peter then everything he did will carry over.

There is no loving way Dan would be able to let go of his own poo poo.

Which is also presumably why Slott created a new daughter of Spider-man, because if the marriage is coming back full-time he wants to do it on his terms. He seems determined to stamp his mark on the character the way Conway did by killing Gwen or Stern did with the Hobgoblin, DeFalco did with the Black Costume. He wants his crap to 'count'.

Dacap posted:

I really really hope another writer gets a chance with the character. Hasn't Scott said he wants to have the record for most issues written?
Well since Bendis is still writing Miles and probably will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, Slott can never actually write the most Spider-Man issues, since Bendis already has the lead. Who knows, maybe he'll finally give up. Or get forced out.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Peter is forced out of his own company. So it'll still exist, but Peter won't be interacting with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I'm sure in Slott's mind Miles doesn't count but Spock does.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Latour confirmed new Spider-Gwen series after Secret Wars, still taking place in Earth 65
http://jasonlatour.tumblr.com/post/122264092028/we-can-finally-confirm-that-theres-plenty-more-of

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Latour confirmed new Spider-Gwen series after Secret Wars, still taking place in Earth 65
http://jasonlatour.tumblr.com/post/122264092028/we-can-finally-confirm-that-theres-plenty-more-of

I'm continually surprised by how much I love her costume. It might be my favorite Spider-Person costume after the original Red and Blue.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I miss u Spock~

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hello Dan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

^burtle posted:

I miss u Spock~

You're terrible.

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm kinda confused, they're going to start a new series after like, six or seven issues? I hope they don't gently caress with it too much because it's be great so far.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sexy Randal posted:

I'm kinda confused, they're going to start a new series after like, six or seven issues? I hope they don't gently caress with it too much because it's be great so far.

Post-Secret Wars everything gets a new #1 no matter what. Spider-Gwen got five issues, enough for a tradepaper. It looks like it's just a forced number restart but will continue exactly where it left off, you might as well just think of it as issue #6

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Buncha outlets reporting that Miles will be THE ONLY SPIDER-MAN of the "new" Marvel U the past few days.

Somehow I doubt that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

^burtle posted:

I miss u Spock~
I think you're looking for the Star Trek thread in TVIV, friend.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Buncha outlets reporting that Miles will be THE ONLY SPIDER-MAN of the "new" Marvel U the past few days.

Somehow I doubt that.
Especially since they've clearly shown another Spider-Man in Peter's costume in some of the All-New Marvel promo art.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

^burtle posted:

I miss u Spock~

I miss u Kaine.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I wouldn't object to an arc or two where Peter takes advantage of an extra Spider-Man in town to get his life together, complete with him nagging Miles to do more stuff out of his neurotic sense of personal responsibility.

I actually like to see Peter as a functional adult with really bad luck, as opposed to the human dumpster fire he tends to become under some writers (Slott, DeFalco, sometimes David).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Somehow I doubt that.

Most media outlets are reporting post SW as a total relaunch so yeah, gently caress those guys.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I want him to still have the kid because Peter is the perfect goofy dad.

Goofy dads are underrepresented in comics.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Somehow I doubt that.

We've already seen Peter in Rage of Ultron, which is after Secret Wars.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

^burtle posted:

I miss u Spock~

Hello, it's me, the only poster on the forums who is going to agree with you. Superior Spider-Man was fun as hell and I don't care what anyone says.

Also I'm really hoping Spider-Gwen picks right back up and doesn't time-jump like everything else apparently will. I'm loving Latour's writing on it, and the art's so fuckin cool.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Hello, it's me, the only poster on the forums who is going to agree with you. Superior Spider-Man was fun as hell and I don't care what anyone says.

Also I'm really hoping Spider-Gwen picks right back up and doesn't time-jump like everything else apparently will. I'm loving Latour's writing on it, and the art's so fuckin cool.

I'm glad SSM exists because it means Superior Foes exists.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Superior was only decent when it was in non-Slott hands. So if you've got to give him credit, give him credit for the initial idea. Cause holy fuckballs I hated just about everything about him in the superior series.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

uPen posted:

I'm glad SSM exists because it means Superior Foes exists.

Did Spock ever actually appear in Superior Foes?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Most media outlets are reporting post SW as a total relaunch so yeah, gently caress those guys.

You work in a comic shop, are there book to be ordered that about Spider-People not titled Spider-Man, Spider-Woman or Spider-Gwen? Actually is Spider-Woman still an ongoing?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

^burtle posted:

I miss u Spock~

Spock was a cool and fun idea that lasted about twice as long as it should have. If Slott were competent he'd have added another angle to Spock's undoing being people figuring it out and gunning for him on top of the Goblin rising up and all that.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If Slott wanted to have his own 'black suit' type of memorable, lasting thing then he certainly got it with Superior. Otto's stint as Spidey was a lot of fun, even if it could have been handled a little better. Spiderverse gave it a good farewell too.

SpOck will resurface in some cool way in like 10 or 20 years under a different writer, I'm sure. It's too good a twist on Spidey's methods and personality to leave gone forever.

Hell, in the game Marvel Heroes you can not only play as Superior Spidey(complete with robot spider arms), but there's a boss fight where Jackal cloned him and you have to fight him and hordes of disposable spider-clones. It's rad.

But I'm hoping Slott's run is coming to a close. I've had more than enough of his writing style.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jun 24, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

A Tin Of Beans posted:

SSM is the book responsible for getting me back into comic books so I will forever love that series no matter how bad it is in hindsight.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

It appears the die is cast, haters.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's usually nothing wrong with any of Slott's ideas, he just isn't a very good writer most of the time so it comes off as grating and hard to read.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Flameingblack posted:

There's usually nothing wrong with any of Slott's ideas, he just isn't a very good writer most of the time so it comes off as grating and hard to read.

Also the creep factor in the first 3 or so issues is absolutely ridiculous and everyone should've figured it out.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My friend is relatively new to comics, somehow latched onto Superior Spider-Man, and dropped the book when Peter came back. That's his Spider-Man, and along with his guest appearences in books like Avengers and Nova, justifies him to me.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Die Laughing posted:

My friend is relatively new to comics, somehow latched onto Superior Spider-Man, and dropped the book when Peter came back. That's his Spider-Man, and along with his guest appearences in books like Avengers and Nova, justifies him to me.

Yeah, Superior was my first Spidey stuff I read; I knew the characters from movies and cartoons and occasional cameos in other stuff I was reading but that was my first book with "SPIDER-MAN" in the title. I didn't have time prior to that to get tired of Slott or whatever, and I liked the concept enough even if it was kind of preposterous that everyone bought it so readily. I'm just not overly invested in Peter Parker.

And I didn't hate Slott's writing. :ohdear: The team-ups and cameos were probably better than the main book but I still enjoyed seeing this awful dude attempting to become a hero/outdo Peter-as-Spidey and gently caress up so hard along the way. It was neat. The writing may not be the best around, I guess, but characters and concepts paired with good art for basically all of it were enough for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

You work in a comic shop, are there book to be ordered that about Spider-People not titled Spider-Man, Spider-Woman or Spider-Gwen? Actually is Spider-Woman still an ongoing?

You mean right now? It's Amazing RYV and Spider-verse. But considering we've seen like 12 of the 60 new books it's a good bet there will be a half dozen Spider books come October.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Slott's still writing Amazing after SW.

gently caress.

Edit: Oh god this cover is a bad omen. I mean yeah, Alex Ross art is good, but this looks like crab with the return of the Spider-Mobile.

Oh well, Spidey 2099 is back and there's a Web Warriors series. So...yay?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 30, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Slott's still writing Amazing after SW.

gently caress.

In other news, water still wet.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
So he's writing Japanese Spider-man in his quest to stay on a book that sells but not have to write Peter Parker.

Most people would just leave the book when they got tired of writing the main character but Slott knows the only thing keeping him from cancellation is Spider-man inertia.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 30, 2015

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Slott got me with Spiderverse, and now he's getting me with Spider-Man Japan. That looks like a ton of fun.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, this is happening.

Spider-Man being married: 'oh no, that goes against the core premise of the character'.

Spider-Man being a Batman/Iron Man compositegenius billionaire playboy globetrotter: 'go right ahead!'

Ugh.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Slott just really hates Peter Parker being Peter Parker, I guess.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ugh the spider mobile
Ugh successful globetrotting adventures
Ugh yvknmlkjmkj is awful

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Shinjobi posted:

Slott just really hates Peter Parker being Peter Parker, I guess.

Yeah, that seems to go to the heart of it.

There's nothing wrong with the idea, and I like that they aren't just tearing Parker Industries apart in a fireball so Peter has to go take freelance photos again, but... Slott.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like Dan Slott is an ongoing campaign to assure that every single Spider-Man spinoff is a more interesting character than Peter Parker.

Edit: Speaking of which, did New Warriors actually resolve the Hummingbird plotline or is that just in eternal limbo now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/30/a-detailed-look-at-new-spider-man-costume-and-spider-mobile/

More pics of the suit. It's.....it just is.

• Locked thread