Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ever have an ah-ha moment that made you feel like an idiot?

ffv is built around those moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

hubris.height posted:

ever have an ah-ha moment that made you feel like an idiot?

ffv is built around those moments

Amen, brother.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Edward_Tohr posted:

But !Iainuki involves more AP grinding, which he's trying to avoid.

Hmm. I guess put !Zeninage on everyone, go slowly until they're just about to enter the danger zone, wait for everyone to be ready, then have them all go at once?

this was the solution, and because i was assuming wait didn't have bars charge at all, it never occured to me to stagger those tosses

thanks for the help

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Doing random battles with Ninja/Chemist/Chemist/Berserker is miserable so I've been !Smoking out of fights, but I'm going to have to eventually grind out the Wall Rings or Chemist ingredients.

Honestly I'd rather have a party that can trivialize random encounters but has challenges on bosses, than a party that trivializes bosses but gets smeared by random fuckoff enemies.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Eat poo poo Neo ExDeath

RIP Gilgamesh. Your sacrifice was not in vain!

E: Party Stats

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 24, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finally got to level 41 on my berserkers after about 679,000 hours of grinding. About time!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Brannock posted:

Doing random battles with Ninja/Chemist/Chemist/Berserker is miserable so I've been !Smoking out of fights, but I'm going to have to eventually grind out the Wall Rings or Chemist ingredients.

Honestly I'd rather have a party that can trivialize random encounters but has challenges on bosses, than a party that trivializes bosses but gets smeared by random fuckoff enemies.

Spam Flame Scrolls and 2x Hi-Pot Mixes on Zombie Dragons to build up Dragon Fangs if you really need Reflect before W3. Once you get to W3, slap your thief knife either on your Ninja or your Zerk and go to Phoenix Tower to get the Reflect Rings you missed in Barrier Tower.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Qwarq posted:

I finally got the first set of legendary weapons with my Mystic Knight/Berserker/Geomancer/Berserker team.

Geomancer is currently my strongest job... in melee damage. :black101:

Equip Axes + Rune Axe + Geomancer Magic Stat is just hilarious.

That owns, I'm gonna have to remember that. Was considering giving equip axes to my dancer and giving the chicken knife to my berserker, but that could be even better.

Austere things
Feb 4, 2013
So for a team of Berserker and 3 Bards, is there a better strategy against Sol Cannon than to just let the Berserker go nuts while the Bards hide from wave cannon? I tried to get the bards to inflict stop on SC but it never seems to want to really stick and I've pretty much already resigned to grinding out enough gil for a few Angel Rings.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013
Mystic Knight*/Red Mage/Ninja/Samurai - Red Mage is gonna be kind of a load later with no real mages to synergize with, I know, but seems really good otherwise? And at least the Red Mage has a few options even if they're not nearly as stellar as "give them a real magic score, give someone with a real magic score !Dualcast" - rod-boosted scroll !Throws, dual-wielding rods for getting rod boosts on breaks, Power Staff wielder for the bosses Berserk works well on...

Katanas not being spellblade-OK is probably the only other disappointment.

(*job faired a reroll from Summoner, because it's so drat good but I've had it both my previous Fiestas)

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Finally got to level 41 on my berserkers after about 679,000 hours of grinding. About time!

I just arrived at Liquid Flame and will promptly be doing the same.

Well, not promptly. :argh:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Sword Dance with the chicken knife was doing 9999 damage, so between being an elixirbot Butz was occassionally doing dance on the part that was causing the most trouble. I managed to kill the Almagest part just before it went off, then the physical damage part because who cares about grand cross when everyone is wearing ribbons, then finally got to use the magic lamp.

This was a VERY grindy run, but still pretty good. Dancer can be very strong, I don't care what the haters say.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

Goddamn, chaos is treating me well. Red Mage/Ninja/Samurai/Chemist. I'm looking forward to having two dual-wielding physical classes to brute force my way through random encounters. I'm looking even forwarder to abusing mechanics fuckery to cheese all the boss fights.

I read the !Mix effortpost linked in the OP, and it's very helpful, but I've never actually used chemist before (fiesta or otherwise). What store-bought materials do I want to prioritize getting lots of? Do I want to grind out a turtle shell stockpile before leaving World 1?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Austere things posted:

So for a team of Berserker and 3 Bards, is there a better strategy against Sol Cannon than to just let the Berserker go nuts while the Bards hide from wave cannon? I tried to get the bards to inflict stop on SC but it never seems to want to really stick and I've pretty much already resigned to grinding out enough gil for a few Angel Rings.

Put Equip Harps on your Berserker and give them the Rune Axe.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

"what are you doing up at 4 in the morning, dear" "fiestaing" "why are you fiestaing at 4 in the morning?" "Because I've lost control of my life"

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

Put Equip Harps on your Berserker and give them the Rune Axe.

Can't really put the Rune Axe on something if you don't have it yet. A better plan would be to have the Bard keep people topped up and revived rather than just hiding. Only duck out when the Surge Beam fires.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

alcharagia posted:

"what are you doing up at 4 in the morning, dear" "fiestaing" "why are you fiestaing at 4 in the morning?" "Because I've lost control of my life"

That was about my girlfriend's reaction when I admitted to being up until 3 AM doing mine on opening night. :v:

"Why were you tired at work?" "Because I was up until 3 AM fiestaing" "...you can't blame me for that" "Nope, squarely my own stupidity"

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Knight and Berserker for my first two jobs.

...at least twohanded is real strong.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
And that concludes my very first FFV Four Job Fiesta

Quick + !Mix made me feel sorry for the game at the end.

Junkozeyne fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 24, 2015

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Alabaster White posted:

Can't really put the Rune Axe on something if you don't have it yet. A better plan would be to have the Bard keep people topped up and revived rather than just hiding. Only duck out when the Surge Beam fires.

Yeah, I totally forgot that the Rune Axe is one of the sealed weapons. Oops.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Bowzerker is one of my new favorite things. Especially with Hermes Sandals. Watching Lenna pop out ~3000 shots every couple of seconds is very cathartic after the nightmare that was 4zerk Liquid Flame.

...I suppose !Rapidfire Chicken/Sasuke Ninja is kinda cool too. Not even as cool as Titan/Rune Zerk, though, never mind my precious Bowzerker.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Somehow managed to eke a win on Byblos with Monk/Monk/Knight/Berserker by having him never cast Protect. Didn't even need to dry his MP out. :toot:

Brannock posted:

Don't grind out the rings/ingredients and you've got that party! :v:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Second run is Mystic/Zerk/Geomancer/Bard. Guess I get to equip harps axe it. Shame about the geomancer. Oh well. I don't mind the job, it's just dull and not good.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
OK, time for Team Zerker to go through Ronka and get my last two jobs (Samurai and Dancer).

...Wait, Archeoaevis' last phase is undead, isn't it? I should probably go get non-Sickle weapons for that.

*goes to grind up a quick 10k or so for some Jachol weapons*

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
God I love berserkers with a white mage. just stupid fun. Wish I had a second Main Gauche

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

Equip harp still gives them a boat load of agility. So it was still semi helpful advice.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Bufuman posted:

OK, time for Team Zerker to go through Ronka and get my last two jobs (Samurai and Dancer).

...Wait, Archeoaevis' last phase is undead, isn't it? I should probably go get non-Sickle weapons for that.

*goes to grind up a quick 10k or so for some Jachol weapons*

It's called the undead form, but it's fully alive. Death Sickles work just fine on it.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Ugh liquid flame really sucks with berserkers. I think I need to just grind levels since I keep getting blaze countered.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Edward_Tohr posted:

It's called the undead form, but it's fully alive. Death Sickles work just fine on it.

Ah, good to know. Shame I kinda rushed ahead and got the extra gear before I saw this, but I killed all five forms in about 4 rounds anyway, so it's all good.

Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Doing my first fiesta and my first two jobs are Blue/Red Mage. The two most versatile colors.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

:sigh: Well, looks like it's time to head into the Sealed Temple again...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

:getin:

Overpowered Throws? Check. Zeninage? Check.
HALF OF THE LEGENDARY RAPID FIRE + DUAL WIELD + SPELL BLADE? CHECKMATE

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Sorted Gilgabot, got Ninja.

gently caress yes.

gently caress. Yes.

Now I can throw scrolls at mini dragons all day for easy cash :v:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
The grind up to 40 just so my All-Zerkers could kill Sandworm may have been a grand royal pain in the rear end, but the benefits are just so :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Well, here we loving go. BLOOD UNTIL WALSE :black101:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

How long are runs taking people?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
I don't suppose I can take Omega and Shinryu with Berserker/Berserker/Samurai/Dancer, can I? Not without a level of luck beyond me for all eternity.

One of these years I'll open with a triple crown.

...Granted, I could've probably done it last year since my opening team had Bard. I was just lazy.

Rixaxun
Jan 29, 2009

nuru posted:

Usually around 10-12 hours on the ingame clock, which is more like 6-7 in realtime. Depends on exactly what classes I get, though. Some take longer.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

nuru posted:

8 to 14 hours realtime, depending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.