Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Ninpo posted:

It boggles the mind that Savage not only gets work, but gets work paid by the public purse from the BBC. He's a walking representation of everything wrong with football.

The man is a million dollar whopper tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I liked Allison Rudd's "you won't get that on Football Weekly" comment on The Times.

Also, ffs, the ramble is more and more difficult to listen to every week. The host Marcus is fine, but the other two not named Pete seem too eager to rant for 5+ minutes about some cliched bullshit.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Mandalay posted:

I liked Allison Rudd's "you won't get that on Football Weekly" comment on The Times.

Also, ffs, the ramble is more and more difficult to listen to every week. The host Marcus is fine, but the other two not named Pete seem too eager to rant for 5+ minutes about some cliched bullshit.

The ramble is actually cool and good so

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Christ, I just realized that I haven't listened to the Ramble in nearly two years. :geno:

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

oldman posted:

Christ, I just realized that I haven't listened to the Ramble in nearly two years. :geno:

Excellent post/username combo

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs0vnMril98

Doncaster/Fleetwood nil all draw match highlights

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Good pun to start today's FW: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/audio/2015/may/04/football-weekly-podcast-chelsea-crowned-champions-newcastle-meltdown

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lol football ramble laughing about we don't give a crud.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

The Football Weekly Presents stuff the Guardian has been doing for the last couple weeks has been pretty interesting, with their profiles of lesser known players. Ian Macintosh is a bit annoying as the narrator, but still, good stuff overall.

dapto1
Jun 17, 2003
Stupid, stupid Betty.

Guitar_Hero posted:

The Football Weekly Presents stuff the Guardian has been doing for the last couple weeks has been pretty interesting, with their profiles of lesser known players. Ian Macintosh is a bit annoying as the narrator, but still, good stuff overall.

I enjoyed the most recent one about Nielsen, interesting story.

Anyone here listen to Second Captains or Beyond the Pitch?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Ramble and Football Weekly are baaack

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
the football weekly was exceptionally good, i hope they keep up the good work

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Is it me or was the ramble a bit meh? It was a long episode but it kinda just passed me by.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I really enjoyed the FW interviews over the summer. A bit weird how the kamara one just ends though.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

britishbornandbread posted:

Is it me or was the ramble a bit meh? It was a long episode but it kinda just passed me by.

it was absolutely meh, hopefully they'll hit their stride soon (but we all know it's just gonna be Luke saying absurd poo poo, per usual)

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

It made me laugh just fine. Glad to have both podcasts back.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I love it when luke goes balls out on a prediction. Like Callum wilson not being able to score at prem level. :D

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Jippa posted:

I love it when luke goes balls out on a prediction. Like Callum wilson not being able to score at prem level. :D

maybe he will be right about Tim Sherwood not lasting at Villa...
...as Chelsea are likely going to be looking for a new coach soon :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jacob Steinberg was on that BA 777 that caught on fire in Vegas.

*insert joke here*

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Looking forward to him recounting almost dying in a plane disaster in a dreary monotone

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I still wish his podcast participation would die in a fire.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love Ewan sitting shittily while Jimbo rattles off a bunch of bullshit Aberdeen stats.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

On FW they suggested that there are new allegations against Blatter that havent been cleared to print on the newsies yet. Any leaks elsewhere?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

LordPants posted:

I love Ewan sitting shittily while Jimbo rattles off a bunch of bullshit Aberdeen stats.

I got the joke, but honestly why do they even bother talking about Scottish football

Feels like such a waste of time, and I find it hard to believe there's hordes of Scottish football fans clamouring to hear a 1-minute discussion about their weekend's games

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013

webmeister posted:

I got the joke, but honestly why do they even bother talking about Scottish football

Feels like such a waste of time, and I find it hard to believe there's hordes of Scottish football fans clamouring to hear a 1-minute discussion about their weekend's games

There isn't, but we can be pretty loud.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
drat. Football Weekly is full on promoting Football Manager. gently caress a special episode.

dox
Mar 4, 2006

meat CRime posted:

drat. Football Weekly is full on promoting Football Manager. gently caress a special episode.

I thought it was interesting... maybe don't listen to it?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dox posted:

I thought it was interesting... maybe don't listen to it?

That, and he was actually pretty interesting talking about regular football too.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Football Ramble started doing a half-hour preview show for the Premier League, releasing episodes every Friday (excluding international breaks, presumably).

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This weeks ramble was great. I love the newcastle bit.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

meat CRime posted:

Mad about a podcast I totally don't have to listen to even if I don't want to.
It was interesting.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

julian assflange posted:

Mad about a podcast I totally don't have to listen to even if I don't want to.
It was interesting.

Plus they do the normal one too those cunts.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Is the consensus still that FW>The Game? I always listen to FW first, never tried the ramble. I'd also offer that Alison Rudd and Amy Lawrence are better panellists than some of their male counterparts, especially the ex-pro guests (Tony Cascarino I'm looking at you).

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Is the consensus still that FW>The Game? I always listen to FW first, never tried the ramble. I'd also offer that Alison Rudd and Amy Lawrence are better panellists than some of their male counterparts, especially the ex-pro guests (Tony Cascarino I'm looking at you).

I wish Amy Lawrence was on FW more often. She only really gets brought in when there's major Arsenal related news.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Not exactly frequent, but if you like your Jonathan Wilson (who doesn't?) then https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-blizzard/id968673096?mt=2 the Blizzard podcast is quite glorious.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I would say that the game is an inferior version of football weekly and the ramble is it's own thing. They are allowed to say what they think much more because they aren't affiliated to a paper.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sweek0 posted:

I wish Amy Lawrence was on FW more often. She only really gets brought in when there's major Arsenal related news.

She has a loving lovely voice :allears:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

She has a loving lovely voice :allears:

Yeah it was a letdown when I finally saw what she looks like.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah it was a letdown when I finally saw what she looks like.

Post a picture of yourself then, if youre so good looking, you rude man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

atomic gog posted:

Post a picture of yourself then, if youre so good looking, you rude man!

Me with bae.