Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
What microsd card are you guys using for your N3DS?

Zet fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The one that comes with the N3DS. I don't use digital downloads, though.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I bought a 32GB Sandisk on Amazon for like $13 awhile back

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

noirstronaut posted:

I bought a 32GB Sandisk on Amazon for like $13 awhile back

Same. Worked great in my old phone, works great in my 3DS.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the theme song for the US Yokai Watch anime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPzyr4mo1c8

I was kinda hoping they'd attempt to localise that godawful inescapable dance track.

I think it's kinda funny how the first monster comes from a capsule that looks like the original Pokeball concept from Generation I.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Siliconera has a small piece on Deep Crimson

quote:

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson also allows for incredible customization of each character, from bunny ears to suggestive bandage wraps, but for people playing the game for its story, you can make it so that these costumes won’t appear in cinematic cutscenes. This was a deliberate choice by Kenichiro Takaki, the game’s producer, to lessen trivialization of its characters and cut the fan service for a more general audience to enjoy it without feeling taken advantage of.

Glad to see people noticed the option to turn off the clothes-ripping cutscenes.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dehry posted:

I think it's kinda funny how the first monster comes from a capsule that looks like the original Pokeball concept from Generation I.

It's because those are based verbatim on actual vending machine "blind-box" capsules, or Gashapon machines.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We those in the states too. Or we did? I dunno if they still have them in supermarkets and poo poo.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

noirstronaut posted:

We those in the states too. Or we did? I dunno if they still have them in supermarkets and poo poo.

Yeah, but ours are usually like mega lovely compared to theirs, and if I recall from when I was 5, a different style of capsule.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, but ours are usually like mega lovely compared to theirs, and if I recall from when I was 5, a different style of capsule.

There's an import store near me that gets in all the Gundam and general anime gashapon toys, and they just sell them out of boxes on a shelf rather than a vending machine :v:.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

noirstronaut posted:

Our version are "blind bags/boxes."

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I meant these top left things. I haven't seen one in maybe a decade or two, but I also haven't been looking for them.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

noirstronaut posted:

I meant these top left things. I haven't seen one in maybe a decade or two, but I also haven't been looking for them.

Right, but they are usually the dome-type capsules, rather than the sphere ones, IIRC. Also HOMIEZ or whatever instead of bitchin anime cellphone charms.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
I just picked up my old 3DS after not playing anything on it for a good two years, and I forgot how uncomfortable I found it after playing it for more than 10 minutes straight. I guess my hands are too big. Would the Circle Pad Pro be a good choice for an accessory to make holding an old 3DS a little more comfortable? I saw someone a couple of pages back suggest some 3rd party bulky looking grip accessory, and the Circle Pad Pro doesn't look that bad when added onto the 3DS, plus I have some games that would be able to utilize the extra buttons.

Also, there's a Japanese import version and a US version on Amazon, and the US version is apparently more expensive. Would a US 3DS be able to use the Japanese version?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Belle Isle Tech posted:

I just picked up my old 3DS after not playing anything on it for a good two years, and I forgot how uncomfortable I found it after playing it for more than 10 minutes straight. I guess my hands are too big. Would the Circle Pad Pro be a good choice for an accessory to make holding an old 3DS a little more comfortable? I saw someone a couple of pages back suggest some 3rd party bulky looking grip accessory, and the Circle Pad Pro doesn't look that bad when added onto the 3DS, plus I have some games that would be able to utilize the extra buttons.

Also, there's a Japanese import version and a US version on Amazon, and the US version is apparently more expensive. Would a US 3DS be able to use the Japanese version?

Yes, it makes it the system a lot more comfortable. However, it makes pressing the R trigger difficult whenever you're playing a game that doesn't support the CPP (so almost any game); CPP's own replacement R button doesn't work universally.

There's only one version of the CPP so it doesn't matter where you buy it from, it will be compatible.

Zat fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 25, 2015

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Forgive my ignorance but I can't work out if the Yoshi's Wooly World amiibo is packaged with the game or not? I saw a box that suggested it was but mentioned a 'game disc' instead of cart and I got confused.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yarn yoshi is a wii u game

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Forgive my ignorance but I can't work out if the Yoshi's Wooly World amiibo is packaged with the game or not? I saw a box that suggested it was but mentioned a 'game disc' instead of cart and I got confused.

There is a bundle for Europe. It looks like ti hasn't been announced for US yet.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Belle Isle Tech posted:

I think you can find them at Gamestop for like $15 or less at this point, too.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

noirstronaut posted:

There is a bundle for Europe. It looks like ti hasn't been announced for US yet.

The Nintendo Store in NYC is taking preorders for that bundle.

Reasonerr
Oct 8, 2009
So having just picked up my first 3DS last week and never having played a Pokemon game before, which of the four available is the best or would you recommend? I don't know anyone else that even owns a DS if that matters. Also, are there any deals going on in the US or am I just stuck paying retail?
Thanks goons!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Reasonerr posted:

So having just picked up my first 3DS last week and never having played a Pokemon game before, which of the four available is the best or would you recommend? I don't know anyone else that even owns a DS if that matters. Also, are there any deals going on in the US or am I just stuck paying retail?
Thanks goons!

Either X or Y would be a good starting point to the series. They have a wider variety of Pokemon available, plus trainer customization if that's your thing! If you decide you want more Pokemon after that, pick up Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. They're remakes of the GBA generation. As such, they're a bit less polished overall than X/Y (though still excellent!), but they're considered the standard version as far as PvP battling goes. You'll want to end up with them if you decide to dive down the rabbit hole that is Competitive Pokemon Battling. (I don't recommend even LOOKING at anything related to that for a longass time, though.) Just relax and have fun adventuring with your cute friends.

Reasonerr
Oct 8, 2009
Awesome, thanks!
Any reason I should specifically choose either X or Y or just go for the prettiest box art?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You prefer MegaBambi or Baconbird.?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Reasonerr posted:

Awesome, thanks!
Any reason I should specifically choose either X or Y or just go for the prettiest box art?
The guy on the boxart is exclusive to that version + like a couple dozen other guys, you can find a list of them if you care.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
It looks like all of the current pokemon games at $29.99 on Amazon right now and other stores might be matching.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

homeless snail posted:

The guy on the boxart is exclusive to that version + like a couple dozen other guys, you can find a list of them if you care.

Even then you can toss your dud extra pokemon on the Wonder Trader and roll the dice on receiving a random one from another player worldwide :rolldice:.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

FWIW, having only played blue and yellow, I'm really enjoying alpha sapphire

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hey so did you know Fire Emblem Fates has full-on 5v5 online multiplayer battles? You probably didn't because Nintendo didn't feel the need to tell anyone but it's totally a thing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hey so did you know Fire Emblem Fates has full-on 5v5 online multiplayer battles? You probably didn't because Nintendo didn't feel the need to tell anyone but it's totally a thing.
It's pretty far out from American release, that game will get its own Direct probably

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sure but I don't think they mentioned it in any of the Japanese media, either - people are just now buying the game and finding out it has online play. Maybe it's a less important feature to the JP audience but you'd think they'd at least tell people it's there.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Here, have some more Kyary Pamyu Pamyu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLLXftcYCwc

It's for Animal Crossing: New Leaf of all things...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's for New Leaf, actually. They did a TV ad to promote an eShop sale because why not.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Awesome! posted:

yarn yoshi is a wii u game

That explains things :downs:

Thanks anyway guys.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sure but I don't think they mentioned it in any of the Japanese media, either - people are just now buying the game and finding out it has online play. Maybe it's a less important feature to the JP audience but you'd think they'd at least tell people it's there.

They noted some online features in the most vaguest sense in the recent Iwata Asks.

quote:

"That's right. Originally My Castle was just going to be used with StreetPass, but using an Internet connection, players can visit other towns, and have battles. This was something that came out of all of the ideas that Kibayashi-san gave us... "

Bonus funny:

quote:

Kibayashi: That's right. So I looked into the work I had planned, and the schedule was really crazy, but there were a few things I could push back. And they told me that I only needed to write 10 pages for each of the three storylines.

Maeda: Right. Since he's so busy, I thought we could just ask him to write about ten pages for a plot summary.

Kibayashi: So I thought, "Well, I could do that." Then I started writing the story about the Hoshido family. I ended up using 10 pages on just the beginning. I ended up writing about 500 pages."

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Camera phone footage of Deep Crimson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIaBqjP788w

Looks pretty drat good even if having both subtitles and japanese characters on screen looks a bit odd.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
nice boobs

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Hey Goons, I got 250 Club Nintendo coins and am going on a trip. What 3DS game should I get: Minis on the Move, Chibi-Robo Photo Finder, or Dillon's Rolling Western?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey Goons, I got 250 Club Nintendo coins and am going on a trip. What 3DS game should I get: Minis on the Move, Chibi-Robo Photo Finder, or Dillon's Rolling Western?

Minis on the move looks like a solid pipe dream style game so if you dig that then pick that up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, the first wave of Sega 3D Classics are $3 each right now: Sonic, Altered Beast, Ecco, Space Harrier, Galaxy Force, Super Hang-On, Streets of Rage, Shinobi 3.