Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Thing is it's mostly incestuous voice lines so it'll just be entirely axed this time.
EDIT: Like this:

HGH fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HGH posted:

Thing is it's mostly incestuous voice lines so it'll just be entirely axed this time.
EDIT: Like this:

Wow, they're probably not going to axe that so much as take a chainsaw to it and burn what's left :stare:.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Or slap a higher age rating on it and call it a day :v:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Terper posted:

Or maybe just "Rated N for NO ONE".

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Terper posted:

Considering they didn't let cousin marriages go untouched in Awakening, I can't imagine them letting this slide. At the very least they'll find some way to tone the incest angle way, way down.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is agarest war zero just a remake of agarest war, then? were there people clamoring for that?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hubris.height posted:

is agarest war zero just a remake of agarest war, then? were there people clamoring for that?
it's a prequel

zero is less than one

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

hubris.height posted:

It's a prequel with 2's combat IIRC.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I would like to confirm that I will NOT be buying any Agarest games thanks for the advice

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Goddamn Japan. Is this poo poo some sort of design by committee problem, where executives understand that Japanese gamers spend more money the more pervy the game, so they make breasts larger and skirts shorter, reveal more skin and give you the option to grope without regard to familial status along with highly suggestive language that all but provides the money shot. God bless them for innovating and providing spank material for lonely people around the world, but why inject it into a SRPG with a long history and dedicated fans? Where there really that many people upset that their turn-based skirmish simulator didn't have enough waifu fantasy material? I'm sure Nintendo of America's going to have a great time sandblasting that content out before it his stateside.

e: How's the gameplay in Criminal Girls?

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 25, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

Goddamn Japan. Is this poo poo some sort of design by committee problem, where executives understand that Japanese gamers spend more money the more pervy the game, so they make breasts larger and skirts shorter, reveal more skin and give you the option to grope without regard to familial status along with highly suggestive language that all but provides the money shot. God bless them for innovating and providing spank material for lonely people around the world, but why inject it into a SRPG with a long history and dedicated fans? Where there really that many people upset that their turn-based skirmish simulator didn't have enough waifu fantasy material? I'm sure Nintendo of America's going to have a great time sandblasting that content out before it his stateside.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

So gently caress all that skeevy bullshit, there's a new Mana game coming.

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/new-final-fantasy-adventure-production

Dunno why the first game in the series is being painted as a spin-off. I mean I know it was literally a spinoff to begin with but you'd think a game that turned into it's own series would just refer to that. Even the new SaGa game wasn't billed as a FF2 spinoff or whatever.

I guess we've regressed to the point where the series needs that association to sell again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phantasium posted:

So gently caress all that skeevy bullshit, there's a new Mana game coming.

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/new-final-fantasy-adventure-production

Dunno why the first game in the series is being painted as a spin-off. I mean I know it was literally a spinoff to begin with but you'd think a game that turned into it's own series would just refer to that. Even the new SaGa game wasn't billed as a FF2 spinoff or whatever.

I guess we've regressed to the point where the series needs that association to sell again.

Actually its probably the inverse and they're trying to lift the Final Fantasy name up by association. Bravely Default's sales humilated one of the recent Final Fantasies (one of the XIII's wasnt it?).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

I was gonna type up a big answer to this but luckily there happens to be an article that JUST came out to answer you.
Faced with cancellation they changed the franchise up and got money and now the new game is shaping up to be the most successful sales wise in the entire series.
Businesses will be businesses really.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
To be honest, those dedicated fe fans should probably go away, if they're all like you

Gameplay looks to be the best in the franchise

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
That article doesn't explain why adding a "caress your teammates" option needed to be added. Or why they needed to add suggestive dialogue to go with it.

http://nintendonews.com/2015/06/fire-emblem-fates-dialogue-stripping-touching/

quote:

Camilla: “The way you’re using your hand feels so good. Very skillful.”
Lazwald: “I also want to touch you, will you come closer?”
Takumi: “You can touch me wherever I like, but don’t say I didn’t warn you…”
Joker: “We can’t… it’ll have to wait for tonight.”
Camilla: “When you do it this much, it’s embarrassing…”

The story of Fire Emblem Fates follows the main character and a number of their siblings. The dialogue can become sexual even when interacting with siblings, and may border incestuous.

For example, Takumi, the player’s brother, may say “If mother saw this, what would she think?” during a petting session.

Followed one link to another about Xenoblade Chronicles X's 13-year-old female party member and the bikini you can put her in. I just, laugh if you want, but I just don't understand why. Are the developers afraid that they won't hit target sales if their audience doesn't get a boner from every female character? What's the point of creating a character who's 13 years old, anyway? Gotta get the big dollars from the pedophile demographic?

http://nintendonews.com/2015/04/xenoblade-chronicles-x-sexualizes-13-year-old-lynlee/

Tae posted:

To be honest, those dedicated fe fans should probably go away, if they're all like you

Yeah, the gameplay is the important part. Why surround it in crap that's just embarrassing to support. poo poo, just say "I'm excited to grope virtual ladies" and get it over with.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah, the gameplay is the important part. Why surround it in crap that's just embarrassing to support. poo poo, just say "I'm excited to grope virtual ladies" and get it over with.
That stuff looks like the creepy "Gigolo Mode" in Killer Is Dead.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tae posted:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Are the developers afraid that they won't hit target sales if their audience doesn't get a boner from every female character?

(Safe for work)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9_i6tiAzw0

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
God, who cares? Let developers do things to gather the otaku money if they still make fun games.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Disregarding the particular content we're talking about, I find it amusing that in a little over two decades we've gone from Nintendo editing games being a major marketing point against them to people begging Nintendo to modify/remove content from games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

God, who cares? Let developers do things to gather the otaku money if they still make fun games.

No, because as the internet person I am, I MUST MAKE YOU ALL SUFFER WITH MY WORDS

8 MONTHS DEDICATED TO THIS

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Motto posted:

Disregarding the particular content we're talking about

Well that's the entire important part. I think another goon said this before, but it's hard to rail against censorship when the subject is something like Criminal Girls because you look like a maniac.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fire emblem is an srpg series with a long history of incest

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Davincie posted:

That's a selling point for the game.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Davincie posted:

Isn't there always a Fire Emblem fan who inevitably comes into these conversations to say "nope there's no incest it's dirty lies from nonfans".

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's Japan so i'm assuming it's the whole "they're not blood related!!!" shtick

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Davincie posted:

Dude, please don't troll

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's a story spoiler but yes, because ultimately that part doesn't matter.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

Leon S Rank relationship posted:

Nee-san, I'm glad from the bottom of my heart that we are not related by blood.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said this in the Fire Emblem thread but while I'm not thrilled by this stuff, the "this is completely new, why IS?!" argument kind of died when goddamn Nowi existed and was the worst character ever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

goldmine

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

mycot posted:

Well that's the entire important part. I think another goon said this before, but it's hard to rail against censorship when the subject is something like Criminal Girls because you look like a maniac.

I know, but it's still funny to hear people say things like "I hope Nintendo censors this", considering how mad people got at Nintendo in particular over content modification in past decades.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Motto posted:

I know, but it's still funny to hear people say things like "I hope Nintendo censors this", considering how mad people got at Nintendo in particular over content modification in past decades.

People still get mad, it's just a different group from the people who want it censored (people with different opinions can exist at the same time). There was an uproar over the 13 year old in Xenoblade possibly having her age removed/changed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPG thread: how's the gameplay in criminal girls?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

When people bring up Nintendo making content modification in the past, are they referring to something more than the whole "no religious iconography" stance that turned crosses into stars or whatever? Or not releasing Captain Rainbow because of Birdo's dildo, character ages in certain games, or other things? Genuinely curious as I feel like I'm missing the reference.

Or is it more along these lines

e: not that Captain Rainbow wasn't localized for other, completely legit reasons.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 25, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In that case I think it'd be better to modify/remove the armor since I'm pretty sure "young prodigy" is that character's whole thing. Plus bikini outfits in RPGs always look dumb or out of place, and there are already better "joke" armors in XBX (like sweaters).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

How's the gameplay in criminal girls?

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

closeted republican posted:

He never appears after beating Nial's generation.

My favorite out of all the enemies is the King of Cille boss. He literally attacks you by giving you a thumbs up.

I never knew the power of positivity could be so deadly.

Another great one (although my favorite is still the ear-wiggling heads) are those T-Rex enemies. When they first crop up you think they attack by snapping their jaws, or at least stomping their feet. Instead, they attack by wiggling a little bulb on the end of their tail.

I guess your guys hurt themselves laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

How's the gameplay in criminal girls?

Like Hitler had a child with Satan.