Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I've ordered NFL and NHL jerseys from AliExpress and I've been happy with all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
As far as size goes, I'm a 5'10", 185 pound muscular-ish shaped guy (I've still got a small beer gut that's slighty past my chest). Should I order a large or medium?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

89 posted:

As far as size goes, I'm a 5'10", 185 pound muscular-ish shaped guy (I've still got a small beer gut that's slighty past my chest). Should I order a large or medium?

Get a medium unless you're planning on wearing it over jackets outside I'd say

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Ali Express jerseys have had better fits than the old tara/yukijerseys I used to get. Yuki's had really weird cuts and were really long while the alis are closer to regular shirt lengths. They also run smaller than the Yukis.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

89 posted:

Anybody else had experience with AliExpress? I wanted to get an official jersey...but $100 is a lot to spend on a jersey. Especially when you're an Eagles fan and you're not sure how it's all gonna pan out. How do they compare to YukiJerseys and those old places?

Yeah. Knockoffs really depend on team and how simple/complex the uniform is. Bengals jerseys are really tough (The biggest thing they tend to miss is the orange stripe closest to the collar) I saw a lot of knockoff eagles uniforms in Korea and the colors tended to vary. I'd get whites or Kelly Green to be safe.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Good Eagles knockoffs are ridiculously difficult to find. They always screw up the colors and it's typically somewhere between Packers green and Jets green.

I usually resign myself to an away white or an alternate black, which usually come out pretty good.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Well, I got a white Alonso and green DeMarco jersey. So I'll see how this goes/how long it takes to get them.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

89 posted:

Well, I got a white Alonso and green DeMarco jersey. So I'll see how this goes/how long it takes to get them.

keep us updated, pls, maybe some pics? Been following this convo, thanks

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
What are you all using to pay with AliExpress? I used burner cards to buy jerseys before, is that a good MO to keep up or is it safe to use a CC with AliExpress?

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008
I've paid with my debit card and never had an issue. I even got a -full- refund on a jersey because there was a black smudge on a white jersey that would have probably come out with a wash.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

C. Everett Koop posted:

What are you all using to pay with AliExpress? I used burner cards to buy jerseys before, is that a good MO to keep up or is it safe to use a CC with AliExpress?

I think you can use paypal as a passthrough for your credit card (you don't even need an account) so I generally use that.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Got my jerseys today. Took 12 days. Granted, I did order on a Saturday. That's pretty good order time for a knockoff jersey, though. I'm used to waiting a month (or two one time). I'm pretty satisfied with my jerseys from AliExpress. The Eagles green seems accurate. The stitching is well done. The fit is good, however I did take somebody's advice about ordering a size smaller and it worked out perfect. They are obviously still not official jerseys, but for knockoffs they may be the best ones I've received and I'm definitely not complaining for $25 each. I'd recommend them!

These are size medium. I'm 5'10", 185 lbs with a general athletic build with a bit of a beer gut. Perfect sizing for me.

I got mine from this AliExpress store:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1272006

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Those are really nice, thanks, gonna order a couple Raider jerseys.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Those are really good. I might have to order another Bucs Winston jersey, but with #3 this time.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I don't know the quality of the other stores on there, but the one I linked to where got those jerseys would be the one I'd go to. Might get me a black Dawkins jersey so I have the whole color spread...

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Is it the lighting or does the green on the Alonso lettering look off.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Looks fine in person :shrug:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Jersey chat of a different kind.

Vikings WR Charles Johnson can’t get his jersey in stores, so he’s replacing ‘Harvin’ with his name on old No. 12s

TLDR: He only gets a certain number comped from the Vikes. Rather than spend 300 a jersey he's being creative.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Darth Brooks posted:

Jersey chat of a different kind.

Vikings WR Charles Johnson can’t get his jersey in stores, so he’s replacing ‘Harvin’ with his name on old No. 12s

TLDR: He only gets a certain number comped from the Vikes. Rather than spend 300 a jersey he's being creative.

how much could it conceivably cost the vikings to make some jerseys for his friends and family?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

how much could it conceivably cost the vikings to make some jerseys for his friends and family?

I know, right?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

There are probably rules as to how many free jerseys a player can get.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
So in the interests of this thread, I'm trying out one of the sellers on AliExpress that offered custom NFL throwback jerseys. After as much digging around as I could stomach, I could only find a handful that even offered custom throwbacks for the entire league, so in a first attempt I'm taking a shot with one that also offered to add special patches for an extra $5, so I hopefully end up with the 1994 75th Anniversary patch on the jersey I ordered. I'll update when necessary and will take pictures whenever I get the thing, which if it goes roughly as described on the seller page, should be about 3 weeks from now. :shrug:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Thinking I'm gonna buy a black Eagles jersey so I have the full collection for this season. Was thinking a black Barwin jersey...or do I get a custom one that says "COWBOYS SUCK" on the back?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

89 posted:

Thinking I'm gonna buy a black Eagles jersey so I have the full collection for this season. Was thinking a black Barwin jersey...or do I get a custom one that says "COWBOYS SUCK" on the back?

"GO DUCKS"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

89 posted:

"fuckboi1999"

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So Louisville revealed the uniforms they'll be wearing in their season opener against Auburn.

Typical loud Adidas insanity, but I think I unironically love the radioactive devil cardinal. It's just so drat ridiculous I can't help but appreciate them putting it out there.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Nothing helps show off your uniform designs then a seizure inducing background.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

That cardinal came right off the side of someone's van.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

Typical loud Adidas insanity, but I think I unironically love the radioactive devil cardinal. It's just so drat ridiculous I can't help but appreciate them putting it out there.
At first it reminded me of fancy goalie masks in hockey. Then I realized it looked more like those old vans with random elaborate bald eagle art on the side :911:

e;fb :argh:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I don't like more photorealistic graphics on my helmets but that angry Cardinal is kind of awesome in a ridiculous way.

it would be more awesome if it was on both sides of the helmet

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I like the L.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

times running out for adidas to design a sick badass airbrushed jersey for the washington wizards

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

They look like White&Red Oregon jerseys.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

RumbleFish posted:

So Louisville revealed the uniforms they'll be wearing in their season opener against Auburn.

Jesus... what the... does Adidas, Nike and Reebok only employ 13 year olds?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Reebok?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
At least the new cardinal doesn't have teeth.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

davecrazy posted:

Nothing helps show off your uniform designs then a seizure inducing background.

My #1 complaint with these reveals. I can hardly see the uniform for the mess of jagged colored lines behind it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously no teeth on the Cardinal makes that an A+ to me.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I appreciate the added detail of the cardinal's claw reaching for something on the helmet as if Cardinals were raptors..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also there's no way in hell that whole thing wasn't tongue in cheek on the part of the designer. I'd stake my life on it.

• Locked thread