Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
So how are people prioritizing their stamina on the non 2x days? Before I hit 50, I was just hitting up elites for heroes I wanted. So Nether Knight ate 108 of my stamina every day. Pyrona, 72, Berserker 72, etc. Now that I’ve unlocked more levels I’m not sure I should keep focusing my stamina on hero shards. A lot of those levels don’t even drop blue items let alone purple ones.

This makes me question pursuing Nether Knight long term because that is a lot of stamina that isn’t also getting me needed equipment. On the other hand some of the heros like snow queen and amazon hunter only have 1 level unlocked, meaning later down the road if I am spending 108 stamina for them, I’m also getting a shot at purple equipment.

Over time you can really work towards any hero, so I want to maximize where I’m spending my stamina over the long haul. (I haven’t been getting astral hunter shards even though I own him for example).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Boozie posted:

So how are people prioritizing their stamina on the non 2x days? Before I hit 50, I was just hitting up elites for heroes I wanted. So Nether Knight ate 108 of my stamina every day. Pyrona, 72, Berserker 72, etc. Now that I’ve unlocked more levels I’m not sure I should keep focusing my stamina on hero shards. A lot of those levels don’t even drop blue items let alone purple ones.

This makes me question pursuing Nether Knight long term because that is a lot of stamina that isn’t also getting me needed equipment. On the other hand some of the heros like snow queen and amazon hunter only have 1 level unlocked, meaning later down the road if I am spending 108 stamina for them, I’m also getting a shot at purple equipment.

Over time you can really work towards any hero, so I want to maximize where I’m spending my stamina over the long haul. (I haven’t been getting astral hunter shards even though I own him for example).

I progress along as far as I can then when I can't 3* a stage, grab shards for heroes I want to upgrade or want. So I've been getting my main squad up to 3*'s (which happened today, yay for berzerker shards) so now I'm probably going to focus more on getting Nerelda or whatever the gently caress her name is. Super beefy tanky mage with a stun that wrecks back lines? Sure why not? I also got extremely lucky this morning and got a dragon eye out of an angel chest, so now my Elder Dwarf, Hecate, AND Djinni are all purple. Hecate hits like a mack truck on crack and soul elegy heals for 4k on two targets. Every other turn I get 4 4k+ heals which is hilariously good for healing off most damage. If I need more, angel heal or use Djinni's active. Using Hecate, Elder Dwarf, Berzerker, Djinni, and Pyrona as my main setup for just about everything has worked nicely. For Angel Tower Pyrona kills a tank, after being softened up, Berserker kills the other tank, then Hecate + Elder Dwarf combo dunk their back line into oblivion.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
When I level up, the first thing I do is make sure that I am as far as possible in the normal and elite missions. Normal you should be able to clear up until you hit the level barrier, for elite just go until you hit a level you can't beat. It doesn't matter if you don't get 3* - go as far as you can in both.

I use most of my stamina to farm equipment. Stones from the elite level are nice, but the difference between a 3* and a 5* in terms of base stats really isn't all that much. It's noticeable, but the biggest difference comes from your equipment, so I generally try to make sure that my heroes have the maximum amount of gear that they can equip for whatever level they are. I feed all the grey/green items, most blues, and some purples to runes. You should probably hold on to blues and definitely purple at your level though.

I don't do the elite levels very much. I do two levels each day to get the daily achievement and that's about it. Obviously I'll do levels that have stones for whatever hero I'm focusing on, but if I get 1 or 2 I consider it a bonus. I usually just rely on coupons from hero trial to get stones.

As you level up/acquire more gear, revisit stages you couldn't 3* or beat before.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

We now have one spot left in guild. We're really close to level 38, and thus another, though. So don't worry about the member expand research.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't do the elite levels very much. I do two levels each day to get the daily achievement and that's about it. Obviously I'll do levels that have stones for whatever hero I'm focusing on, but if I get 1 or 2 I consider it a bonus. I usually just rely on coupons from hero trial to get stones.

So this goes back to my previous question of loot/stamina. Normal missions are better than elite? Meaning I won't get twice the gear in one average elite run than one average normal run?

[e] Also, we need to focus fire on research. Just call something out so we aren't scattered everywhere.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Boozie posted:

So this goes back to my previous question of loot/stamina. Normal missions are better than elite? Meaning I won't get twice the gear in one average elite run than one average normal run?

[e] Also, we need to focus fire on research. Just call something out so we aren't scattered everywhere.

I've never gotten twice the gear in an elite run unless it was on 2x elite day or whatever. Maybe the drop rate for items is better, I don't know, but to me it's seemed like I'm more likely to get pieces I need by running a normal level 6 times vs the elite level 3 times.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Hall upgrades: Member Expand is nice, but we don't need it right now. The people joining has slowed to a trickle and we prob. have inactives I haven't purged. Output Boost is 1% per rank and, judging off the initial cost, is going to be way too expensive for what it provides in return.

Training Ground upgrades: EXP boost is getting too loving expensive for what it does. Get it to next tier and drop it IMO. Gold boost is garbage. It is a literal pittance compared to every other source of gold in the game.

Camp upgrades: If you use a lot of Mercenaries, Troop Strengthen doesn't seem bad. It's 2% per rank. I use Mercenaries constantly myself. They're great for breaking first lines of defense when attacking islands, too. This might be an okay upgrade to get. I don't really understand Troop Contract's benefit.

Feast Hall upgrades: Feast Discount is extremely expensive although it has like, tangible diamond benefits. Sauce Master seems like garbage unless I am misunderstanding it.

Wharf upgrades: Attacker Buff is, sadly, only 1% per tier. But it affects everyone, and it should stack with Troop Strengthen too. Seems like an alright choice. Defender Buff, I think this is too small to be really worthwhile. The strong players are going to hold out without it, and the weak players are going to get crushed even with it. Demon Killer, it's cheap-ish for now and gives 2% attack to your heroes vs the demon lord. Only benefits us twice a week, but it'll help push up to that 40 million tier.

tl;dr I think these are good: Troop Strengthen, Attacker Buff, Demon Killer, Feast Discount.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I've never gotten twice the gear in an elite run unless it was on 2x elite day or whatever. Maybe the drop rate for items is better, I don't know, but to me it's seemed like I'm more likely to get pieces I need by running a normal level 6 times vs the elite level 3 times.

Yea I'm not speaking to literal 2x of an item in one run, just drop rates and loot per stamina spent.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I think the feast discount. Not only hero shards but stamina for getting equipment or more shards.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tsurupettan posted:

tl;dr I think these are good: Troop Strengthen, Attacker Buff, Demon Killer, Feast Discount.

Maybe change the sign to "UPGRADE X" every so often?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
holy poo poo I just realized that HUSLAA guy who has been begging for money in world chat is in our wharf battle, in the guild right above us. he's got a really lovely defense set up to boot, nothing over level 60

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
you can get the hellhound now by spending a lot of money. Based on what I saw from trial, he's really good.

Over/under on how many Devils players spend ~$150 to get him is set at 4.5

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I need help beating EarthShaker in story mode. I'm level 43 and my team is

Elder Dwarf 2* blue

Pyrona 2* blue+1

Djinni 2* blue

Nether Knight 1* blue+1

Beserker Claw 2*star blue+1

Angels:

Lunaria

Amora

Nyssa

Glacia

Nocturna

Lorelei

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I have to agree that hellhound seems really good. I tried out the trial just to see what he was like, no way I can beat the level 5 trials yet.

And as far spending stamina goes. I spend all my stamina first on elite stages for hero shards and then spend the leftover on equipment from normal stages. I do 3 refreshes a day and up until the last couple weeks I was running all 3 stages for rose knight, mermaid, pyrona, berserker, and then two stages for Atalanta and one for nereida. All my coupons go to nereida and have since I started playing since despite her being my first 3* pull I'm only at 69 out of 120 for 5 stars. I'm like 3 elite stages away from unlocking her second stage but I can't get there yet. I only have berserker and nereida left to 5* so I've started branching out to a couple heroes I haven't unlocked like Hecate and lunar priestess.

I haven't really had any problems keeping equipment up to date though I feel like once I hit 76 in a couple days I'm going to be very far behind on equipment with multiple heroes going to purple+3. One thing I would note is that I've gotten super lucky with angel trial drops and have gotten 6 or 7 of the 50 piece items for free so that helps a lot since you can drop 100 stamina and no t get one piece.

And I do think the feast hall upgrade is the best but I'm probably just selfish since I want dark paladin and I'm just gonna keep dropping luxury feasts to get him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Once you start getting higher into the purples it's very hard to stay up to date with gear. I just got my Dark Paladin to purple +4 and the items he needs are absurd:
Blue Robe: Easy enough, 5 each of the recipe, phoenix bow, iron shield, and the sorcerer cape or whatever
Titan Sword: Also easy enough, 20 shards
Destroyer: Starting to get harder, destroyer recipe, an eye, and a dragon helmet
Exorcist Cloak: Cloak recipe, frostwolf helmet, paladin armor, cloud cloak
Blade Pendant: Winter Star (50 shards), Apocalypse (50 shards) and another Destroyer (everything I mentioned above)
Immortal Armor: Storm guard (50 shards), Hallow Mask (50 shards), and a Storm Armor (50 piece recipe, 2x dragon helmet, frostwolf helmet)

Then again, I don't think there's another level beyond this, so I guess it makes sense to have this gear be a huge pain in the rear end to farm.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah and looking at those items blade pendant is at 83 and immortal armor is at 85 so that's the absolute last thing to do for a hero. Considering how xp seems to be jumping per level it seems like it's gonna be a bit before we even have to worry about farming for that stuff.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Violet_Sky posted:

I need help beating EarthShaker in story mode.

There are 3 levels, which one are you stuck on?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Envgard posted:

And as far spending stamina goes. I spend all my stamina first on elite stages for hero shards and then spend the leftover on equipment from normal stages. I do 3 refreshes a day and up until the last couple weeks I was running all 3 stages for rose knight, mermaid, pyrona, berserker, and then two stages for Atalanta and one for nereida. All my coupons go to nereida and have since I started playing since despite her being my first 3* pull I'm only at 69 out of 120 for 5 stars. I'm like 3 elite stages away from unlocking her second stage but I can't get there yet. I only have berserker and nereida left to 5* so I've started branching out to a couple heroes I haven't unlocked like Hecate and lunar priestess.

Interesting. People are on opposite ends of the spectrum haha. If you didn't pull Nereida would you be running that level? I was thinking about the first amazon hunter level since I see her in a few of the top arena teams. I also notice you didn't list nether knight, not a fan? I've been prioritizing him over rose knight, hope that's okay

I've also been debating gearing out astral hunter and/or arcane mage. Right now my main group is nether knight, eldar dwarf, night sentinel, pyrona, and berserker. I swap in lunar priestess as a 6th, they are all purple.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

padijun posted:

There are 3 levels, which one are you stuck on?

Meteorolite 2.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Violet_Sky posted:

Meteorolite 2.

I just remembered that the levels between can't be re-played so I have no idea about the formations or if he's vulnerable to CC.

If he's solo, put berserker and pyrona in the back line with djinni, and dwarf right in front of him with nether knight as off-tank. If he's in a crowd, line up berserker and pyrona so they do their CC abilities on him... providing you don't see "immune" pop up when they go off. For angel, go with whichever healer is higher/more stars between nyssa and lunaria.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Boozie posted:

Interesting. People are on opposite ends of the spectrum haha. If you didn't pull Nereida would you be running that level? I was thinking about the first amazon hunter level since I see her in a few of the top arena teams. I also notice you didn't list nether knight, not a fan? I've been prioritizing him over rose knight, hope that's okay

I've also been debating gearing out astral hunter and/or arcane mage. Right now my main group is nether knight, eldar dwarf, night sentinel, pyrona, and berserker. I swap in lunar priestess as a 6th, they are all purple.

If I didn't pull nereida no I probably wouldn't just because I wouldn't have known how good she is. I will be probably running Amazon hunter levels once I finish berserker in a few days because she is pretty decent and I already have about 40 shards. As for nether knight I actually have him at 4 stars from just playing normally. I've never specifically gone after his shards. I am leveling him on the side for my third wharf team. He is a good tank but I just prioritized rose knight because shards were just getting thrown at me. I've actually replaced rose knight with elder dwarf in my primary lineup and will have him at 5* in three days tops.

The group you are using is almost the same as my main one but I have nereida in place of nether knight and I swap in mermaid for heals in place of berserker.

As for astral hunter i don't like him for the same reason I don't like any of the aoe heroes. They just don't do enough damage. Maybe if your whole group was aoe or aoe plus back/front line it might work but I find having single target dps and just focusing down one target at a time so much more effective.

And for arcane Mage he suffers from the same problem as Atalanta, too much rng. It's awesome if one of them lucks out and all of their hits target one hero but you can't count on that in arena. It's great in any other aspect of the game where you can just keep restarting until you get that one favorable outcome that wins the level for you, and I used to do that with Atalanta before I could clear the angel trial completely. In arena though it can just screw you and generate free rage for the other team.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Astral hunters plus is he lowers defense which increases damage against entire enemy group.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

I only use aoe guys on gold trials and demon.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I basically echo Engvard's sentiment and am in his shoes as far as hero shard approach goes. The difference being that I never had my own Nereida and I discovered how great she was by leasing his. :v: Thanks to double elite days and pushing all my tickets into her, mine is almost 4*.

Get yours today!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Demon Hunter does have the interesting effect with her AOE ult where if there's only one target left they'll get hit three times, instead of once.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Super Feast at 21:00 server tonight and probably for the next three or four nights.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Uh, did anyone just LOSE some of their angels randomly? I lost Loralei, Lunaria, Nocturna, and Glacia... I have shards leftover from some that I had more than 10 of but... yeah they're gone?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I still have all of mine when I look at the angel window.

Speaking of, hey Jamwad, I saw you have a 5* Athena. How many shards is it to go to 6*?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

I still have all of mine when I look at the angel window.

Speaking of, hey Jamwad, I saw you have a 5* Athena. How many shards is it to go to 6*?

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

FraudulentEconomics posted:

Uh, did anyone just LOSE some of their angels randomly? I lost Loralei, Lunaria, Nocturna, and Glacia... I have shards leftover from some that I had more than 10 of but... yeah they're gone?

That happened to me the other day, tried to resummon one that i had 10+ shards with and gave me an error. Re-logging fixed it

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

So 48,000 points, then. That'll be some time. About a month straight of points, not including event bonuses for them.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

:getin:

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Where do you put yours? Mine is front top.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

FraudulentEconomics posted:

Where do you put yours? Mine is front top.

It depends on if If it's a more physical or magic team, and how they're positioned. First look at the two biggest threats you can neutralize with wolfman and pyrona's CC. After that figure out where the enemy damage and CC is going to come from, and place your tanks accordingly. I prefer 3 in the back row most of the time for Amora's rage steal, so it's usually dwarf or astral child front and center, and Hecate on whichever side works best

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
How does the calculation for wharf loot work?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Don't know how much more I can take the disconnection issues. It sure takes the wind out of this game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Pulled a Blood Baroness. Does anyone know if she pairs as well with Nightblade as I hope she does? They both cause bleed to multiple targets, and Nightblade gets a huge damage boost to bleeding targets.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Tony Homo posted:

Don't know how much more I can take the disconnection issues. It sure takes the wind out of this game.

Yea thinking about just coming back to check on it in a month.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Tony Homo posted:

Seriously. Reminds me of Brave Frontier and (part of the) reason I stopped playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I forgot my feast at 9 tonight! Whoops! I'm going to put it up at noon tomorrow instead.

• Locked thread