Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

El Hefe posted:

Is that the same Ireland where the economy went into recession thanks to Henry's hand?

Well FIFA did pay them off so they would keep their mouth shut about that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Cant wait to boom and bust after thierry lends me a hand myself

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...
Massive inflation followed by a great depression. But enough about your mam.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Well FIFA did pay them off so they would keep their mouth shut about that one.

I really don't understand that. Are they saying the referee purposely ignored the handball so the French would qualify (so more big stars at the work cup)?

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Ewar Woowar posted:

I really don't understand that. Are they saying the referee purposely ignored the handball so the French would qualify (so more big stars at the work cup)?

No. But after the fact Ireland could have appealed and held up the whole process. Ireland took a payoff in exchange for waiving their appeal rights.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Riven posted:

No. But after the fact Ireland could have appealed and held up the whole process. Ireland took a payoff in exchange for waiving their appeal rights.

Lol what right would they have to appeal?!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol what right would they have to appeal?!

They could probably appeal the whole game. Because such an important match was decided on a terrible call, they could call for a rematch. Just spitballing here.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

They could probably appeal the whole game. Because such an important match was decided on a terrible call, they could call for a rematch. Just spitballing here.

Do you realize what kind of precedent that would set?

I don't know what the gently caress fifa was paying compensation for.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Nope, referee gave the goal, the only thing Ireland could do is bitch and moan and write an angry letter to FIFA about the incompetence of the officiating staff.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

FIFA just wanted to appease the lucrative "1/4 Irish on my mother's side" market in America

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

Both Russia and Qatar have vehemently denied there was anything irregular in their selection in the face of competition from rival bidders such as England and the United States.

Swiss investigators have multiple lines of inquiry to pursue in connection with the Qatar 2022 award. However, evidence related to the 2018 Moscow World Cup award is proving difficult to find, the source said.

FIFA disclosed in November that the Russian computers used in the nation's successful bid had been destroyed and it was therefore very difficult to track down documents.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/06/24/uk-soccer-fifa-swiss-probe-exclusive-idUKKBN0P42K420150624

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
The Argentinean version of the IRS found a company called "Todo Pasa" in the US owned by a ref.

That's Grondona's hand fyi. You couldn't write this poo poo.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Polidoro posted:

The Argentinean version of the IRS found a company called "Todo Pasa" in the US owned by a ref.

That's Grondona's hand fyi. You couldn't write this poo poo.

Neymar has a tattoo with that phrase lol

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

Do you realize what kind of precedent that would set?

I don't know what the gently caress fifa was paying compensation for.

I do know that. That doesn't stop Ireland from demanding it and whining. It was hush money so Ireland would shut the gently caress up about it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its a shame Julio Grondona died before he could be arrested

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jose posted:

Its a shame Julio Grondona died before he could be arrested
Can't we just put his corpse on trial? It's been done before.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Call up the Vatican federation, they can dust off the archives.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Teddybear posted:

Call up the Vatican federation, they can dust off the archives.
Next up on Sky Sports, it's the 2016 FIFA Cadaver Synod live from The Holy See.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Crazy Ted posted:

Next up on Sky Sports, it's the 2016 FIFA Cadaver Synod live from The Holy See.

Sponsored by Coca-Cola. Have a Coke with your DEAD POPE

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Drogadon posted:

FIFA just wanted to appease the lucrative "1/4 Irish on my mother's side" market in America

luckily the other three quarters are german spanish and brazilian so i always win

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

chuggo is BACK posted:

luckily the other three quarters are german spanish and brazilian so i always win

At what? Racist bingo?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

serious gaylord posted:

At what? Racist bingo?

What's the free square? (don't answer that!!1)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Oh nooooo, Blatter might not attend the trophy ceremony at the end of the Women's World Cup [because Canada, unlike Switzerland or Russia, is willing to extradite Swiss citizens to the United States].

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
That is so loving great lol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

He'd get booed so fuckin hard here if he walked onto the pitch at bc place

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It would be funny to see him show up and then be taken to the border by horseback to be dumped on US soil. Bunch of beavers flipping him off as someone who has never watched a soccer game takes him into custody.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

He'd get booed so fuckin hard here if he walked onto the pitch at bc place

He's gotten booed at pretty much every event he's attended in the last five years, he really doesn't give a poo poo about that.

Extradition, on the other hand.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SLOSifl posted:

It would be funny to see him show up and then be taken to the border by horseback to be dumped on US soil. Bunch of beavers flipping him off as someone who has never watched a soccer game takes him into custody.

Mooseback :canada:

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Hope Solo will probably be celebrating, not sure she could help.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Parody Threads posted:

:vince:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Parody Threads posted:

Holy moley.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Parody Threads posted:

good poo poo

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter breaks his silence: "I did not resign, I put myself and my office in the hands of the FIFA congress."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
...the gently caress does that even mean?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Means he's running again.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Its how you play stuff like that: slice by slice.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's his roundabout way of showing the public a middle-finger while running for presidency again.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Fifa president Sepp Blatter breaks his silence: "I did not resign, I put myself and my office in the hands of the FIFA congress."

I thought you were joking

“Only those who know the past can understand the present and shape the future. Or in other words: the ball is round – but only those who come from outer space know the actual dimensions of our sport …"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ztQMr7VqA

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Literally death to sepp blatter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So only aliens can comprehend football? :psyduck: Does he even listen to the poo poo coming out of his own mouth