Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Blackheart posted:

Oh sure just dismiss the wide spectrum that Lucky Charms represent. Typical close-minded shitlords.
I'd have to give up on HTML entities and go trawling through Unicode, and life is too drat short as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What up I want is for someone to turn into a giant snake boner and for someone else to ride around on that giant snake boner like it's the dog dragon from the neverending story.

That is the only romance related thing I care about in Homestuck.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Arsenic Lupin posted:

A bright Flash, comfortable cosplays, and a warm place to ♥ ♠ ♣ ⋄ .

man we have emotes for that :h::s::c::d:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I thought Callie needed Void shielding to prevent LE from finding her? Isn't this a really bad thing?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

I thought Callie needed Void shielding to prevent LE from finding her? Isn't this a really bad thing?

hes out in the outer ring and traveling through there isnt particularly simple.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I think the bigger problem is that they're leaving Jade unattended, so if she wakes up before the fight the first thing she's gonna do is bring Calliope right to the Condence.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

paranoid randroid posted:

hes out in the outer ring and traveling through there isnt particularly simple.

For someone that's Already Here, he never seems to be where he needs to loving be to win.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Akett posted:

I think the bigger problem is that they're leaving Jade unattended, so if she wakes up before the fight the first thing she's gonna do is bring Calliope right to the Condence.

I think something game-changing is going to happen to Jade with Nyx. She may well be depowered or lower-powered afterward.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
But nobody's noticed the most important part of all this yet:

The true pairing was MeenahxGiantGoldenStatueOfMeenah ALL ALONG.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
^^^^ Idolator Shipping is the one true path.

Color Printer posted:

Please don't write these patently wrong things

You're right. Calliope, Jake, Dirk, and occasionally Tavros now that he's dead aren't bad characters at all, and Roxy will always be amazing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh God guys, John *IS* Jake's son. AKA Jake but better in every goddamn way.

You know the subtle clue behind it all?

John has had, in various different colors, Roxy, Karkat, Terezi and Vriska all romantically interested in him.

And possibly Rose? But that's not supported anywhere.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Burkion posted:

How can you not remember the shipping grid?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Burkion posted:

John has had, in various different colors, Roxy, Karkat, Terezi and Vriska all romantically interested in him.

You're forgetting about Dave. :v:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Burkion posted:

Everyone loves John. And for good reason. John is the best.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I sometimes wonder, if Rose had been able to speak in regular words instead of horror-babble, exactly what she had to say about John's fumbling accidental proposal back in the castle. They're definitely good friends, and once upon a time people spent a lot of energy speculating about things like how John had to kiss her when she died or the wink when they briefly met in the dream bubbles. Maybe if their session had run a normal course with just the four of them and regular adventures things would've run very differently.

Things pretty much worked out for the best as is. Well, at least until Roxy figures out what hate-flirting is.

Alternatively she'll find it hilarious and Homestuck with break new ground with polyamory. Despite the quadrants being introduced for explicitly this purpose I don't recall if anyone's actually been in multiple romantic relationships at once yet.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Rose had asked Dave to give a message to John just before embarking on what they both assumed was a suicide mission just before Cascade, and we never saw what that message was.

My headcanon is "Sorry but I am literally homo af, which stands for "as gently caress", in a slang which will come into common parlance in the year 2014, five years after today, but luckily Seer of Light means I can know these things, and it's not bending the rules of canon whatsoever, also thanks for giving me my first set of needles, peace out and say hi to Jade for me"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
For the record though, I am rooting for Lord English all the way, since he is comprised of the absolute greatest character, Arquiusprite.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

My guess is that Rose's view of John might run along similar lines to Dirk's view of Roxy: she admires him as a person, but just isn't attracted romantically to people of the opposite gender.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
We've never had confirmation of Rose being exclusively homosexual, tho

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Dolash posted:

Alternatively she'll find it hilarious and Homestuck with break new ground with polyamory. Despite the quadrants being introduced for explicitly this purpose I don't recall if anyone's actually been in multiple romantic relationships at once yet.
Pre-RetJohn, on the meteor, Terezi ♠ Gamzee , Terezi ♥ Dave, Rose ♣ Dave and Terezi, but Dave didn't want to deal.

Hiveminded posted:

I don't think she joined the Jake's-hot-rear end brigade, and she did notice John's hot mom.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Are we seriously using Jake as our go-to example to test if people are attracted to males?
It's kinda sad that that has been his most productive role in this story.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
This is kind of obvious, but I haven't seen it pointed out in the thread yet so here goes: the reason Vriska and (Vriska) are pantomiming crabs while they battle is because fighting yourself is Karkat's thing.

On that note, could Vriska ♠ (Vriska) be in the works?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Hating oneself is a time honored tradition which should remain unsullied by romantic implications.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

Are we seriously using Jake as our go-to example to test if people are attracted to males?
It's kinda sad that that has been his most productive role in this story.

I think -- and am happy to be proven wrong - -that he's the only male whose attractiveness has ever been commented on. (Okay, Caliborn has the hots for Dirk and Dave as well.)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Awwwww. From What Pumpkin NYC's Tumblr:

SCOTUS loved RoseMary and DaveKat so much they made it legal for everyone else.
This is a great day!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Of all the threads in my bookmarks, this isn't the one I thought I would be getting big news from. Hooray!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Awwwww. From What Pumpkin NYC's Tumblr:

SCOTUS loved RoseMary and DaveKat so much they made it legal for everyone else.
This is a great day!

Awww that's sweet :3:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Tumblr user nikolanikov posted:

this just in: homestuck ssaved the gays
you said it, buddy
Seriously this is wonderful.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I think -- and am happy to be proven wrong - -that he's the only male whose attractiveness has ever been commented on. (Okay, Caliborn has the hots for Dirk and Dave as well.)

Ruffioh got hit on a lot, and the cat version of Rose said her father had pretty legs recently.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm from a faraway land where gay marriage has been a thing for a little while, what does a scrotum have to do with it? Aside from the obvious obviously.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

I'm from a faraway land where gay marriage has been a thing for a little while, what does a scrotum have to do with it? Aside from the obvious obviously.

It stands for the Superior Court of the United ScrotumStates

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Hiveminded posted:

The only character whose (homosexual) relationship survived every kind of turbulence Homestuck can throw at it, including having the whole timeline rewritten from the ground up, who's only ever expressed attraction to other women, but I dunno guys maybe she's secretly straight after all

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Prison Warden posted:

Supreme Court Ruling Of The United Motherland

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

The only character whose (homosexual) relationship survived every kind of turbulence Homestuck can throw at it, including having the whole timeline rewritten from the ground up, who's only ever expressed attraction to other women, but I dunno guys maybe she's secretly straight after all

The word is "bisexual".

Which she could be; she hasn't expressed an opinion either way. So could Jade, for that matter. We just don't know.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Plom Bar posted:

Plom, you're a great poster, so please don't be an idiot.

What the poster you quoted meant was, unless I'M mistaken, in which case sorry, that Rose might be bisexual. Which is a thing. That never stopped being a thing.

It's what, in theory, Dave is, and is definitely what Karkat is.

Rose might have shown interest in John before, though it was muddled due to horrible monster speak and later not learning what her message actually was. The possibility that she is bisexual is not an impossible one.

Thus far the only one of the humans to be straight up homosexual is Dirk, and the only one of the Trolls to be homosexual is Kanaya, for whatever that's worth as Troll society doesn't really have any standards related to that. Mostly due to how they breed.

Everyone else is a wonderful rainbow of different preferences and ideas, or are ambiguous enough to leave some wiggle room.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

We've got quadrants and lucky charms, we can make room for the Kinsey Scale. Although it amuses me to imagine there's some beta timeline where the split from the Alpha happened because Rose turned Kanaya down and suddenly she and all her friends are doomed to irrelevancy. I think that might be one of the deliberate uses of Paradox Space's countless dimensions, if anyone was especially invested in some relationship that didn't turn out, you can imagine that out there in the multiverse it actually did, it just wasn't how the main timeline was supposed to go - even Feferi and Eridan appeared to have reconciled in one beta timeline! Admittedly, they were then horrifically erased from existence, so that's going on, but still.

Also going to note that John inherited at least some of Jake's remarked-upon attractiveness, the way he set off Roxy's boyfriend-material radar. Does Vriska still have a quasi-crush on him in this timeline? He was giving her the cold shoulder this time after what he saw of her the last time around, but I wasn't sure if that meant Vriska had given up on him too - if she hasn't, a jealous Vriska would probably be fun to see.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dolash posted:

Does Vriska still have a quasi-crush on him in this timeline? He was giving her the cold shoulder this time after what he saw of her the last time around, but I wasn't sure if that meant Vriska had given up on him too - if she hasn't, a jealous Vriska would probably be fun to see.

well considering how much of her dialog paralleled johns "oh im so over this relationship stuff" routine from earlier, and how embarrassingly hard she started mugging for the camera the instant he showed up, yeah probably.

one thing im hoping for is her alternate timeline ghost dropping the "btw john hates you now" bomb on her. because draaaamaaaa

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Burkion posted:

[Bisexual is] what, in theory, Dave is, and is definitely what Karkat is.

Karkat is on record as thinking relationship classifications based on gender are dumb and incomprehensible.

Karkat posted:

EB: i am not a homosexual.
CG: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?
EB: it is like, when a boy likes another boy.
EB: or i guess hates, in this case.
CG: HUMANS HAVE A WORD FOR THAT?
EB: yes.
CG: HOW IS THAT EVEN A THING?
EB: shrug. it just is.
CG: HUMAN ROMANCE SURE IS WEIRD.
Dave says much the same thing on the meteor: he says both human and troll sexuality are endlessly flexible, and that classifications are dumb. I'm pretty sure Dave would have responded to "Are you bi?" with the same "I don't think you've been listening to what I've been saying".

quote:

Rose might have shown interest in John before, though it was muddled due to horrible monster speak and later not learning what her message actually was. The possibility that she is bisexual is not an impossible one.
She might be bisexual, but that's sure as hell not the way I'd bet. Looking coy and saying something unintelligible is hardly a sign of sexual or romantic interest. In fact, looking coy is an excellent way of hiding "Not unless you come out as a woman."

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 26, 2015

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Burkion posted:

Plom, you're a great poster, so please don't be an idiot.

Yeah okay.

I just get annoyed when it seems like people generally only float the possibility of bisexuality when it's a demonstrably gay character, and almost never when it's some one demonstrably straight. Like, no one was discussing Dave's potential latent bisexuality when two versions of him were simultaneously seeing Terezi and Jade. I overreacted. My b.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well... don't people saying that have a point though? Showing attraction to the same sex is outwardly indicative of being bisexual but showing attraction to the opposite sex is not.

"Bisexual" implies you are attracted to both sexes, so showing attraction to the same sex shows that you are not straight, so you either are into the same sex or both. Showing attraction to the opposite sex shows that you either are straight or are into both, but the difference is that not being straight is a key proponent of being bisexual. So logically, it'd be easier to assume someone is bisexual if they were attracted to the same sex because it'd remove the possibility that they are straight. It's not completely indicative of anything, no, but process of elimination is process of elimination.