Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's some footage from the E3 build of Legend of Legacy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cym5NtqUTQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey Goons, I got 250 Club Nintendo coins and am going on a trip. What 3DS game should I get: Minis on the Move, Chibi-Robo Photo Finder, or Dillon's Rolling Western?

I'd go with Chibi-Robo. It's not nearly as good as the amazing GameCube one but still fun and better then those other two games imo.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

7 different main characters w/ campaigns, formation-based combat, that's SaGa as gently caress

It's even got the Last Remnant style levelling up where your characters just get better in different areas after each battle.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 26, 2015

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey Goons, I got 250 Club Nintendo coins and am going on a trip. What 3DS game should I get: Minis on the Move, Chibi-Robo Photo Finder, or Dillon's Rolling Western?

why isn't mario's picross one of the options because you really should get that

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Quest For Glory II posted:

7 different main characters w/ campaigns, formation-based combat, that's SaGa as gently caress

It's even got the Last Remnant style levelling up where your characters just get better in different areas after each battle.

If anyone doesn't know, The Last Remnant is virtually a SaGa game in everything but name. A lot of the SaGa team was involved with making it and it shares a ton of gameplay elements (i.e. stat increases after battle, game difficulty ramping up VIA background battle counter). I wonder if LoL does that too, the whole "the game gets harder the more battles you win so gently caress you grinders" thing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im gonna buy it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Policenaut posted:

If anyone doesn't know, The Last Remnant is virtually a SaGa game in everything but name. A lot of the SaGa team was involved with making it and it shares a ton of gameplay elements (i.e. stat increases after battle, game difficulty ramping up VIA background battle counter). I wonder if LoL does that too, the whole "the game gets harder the more battles you win so gently caress you grinders" thing.

lol is also made by ex-saga devs and is a saga game

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

KI:U leaves me grinning like an idiot. It's so snappy and cute and there's all these weapons in like 10 minute bursts, I can't help it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

NA dudes, the first wave of Sega 3D Classics are $3 each right now: Sonic, Altered Beast, Ecco, Space Harrier, Galaxy Force, Super Hang-On, Streets of Rage, Shinobi 3.

Not letting this fall to the bottom of the page.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, Target is doing buy one, get one half-price on select 3DS games from June 28-July 4:

Smash
Mario 3D Land
NSMB2
Mario Kart 7

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Not letting this fall to the bottom of the page.

I'm glad I picked Space Harrier up, I had never played it before and it's terrifying and amazing.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Is Mario Kart still being played? Might pick it and Smash up in that Target sale.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

MK7 is really good and worth playing but I would guess most of the online community has moved on to 8 at this point

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

You can find a few people still playing 7, the most you will get is about 5.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005
I'm looking to get a New3DS by the end of the summer. It'll be my first (not borrowed) Nintendo handheld system since the Game Boy Pocket. With Club Nintendo shutting down in days, I have enough coins left to get a 3DS original Game Boy (Already picked Super Mario Land) title. Can I redeem and get the game now and be allowed to wait until I finally purchase a system, or do I need to actually have a registered device?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Angry Bum posted:

I'm looking to get a New3DS by the end of the summer. It'll be my first (not borrowed) Nintendo handheld system since the Game Boy Pocket. With Club Nintendo shutting down in days, I have enough coins left to get a 3DS original Game Boy (Already picked Super Mario Land) title. Can I redeem and get the game now and be allowed to wait until I finally purchase a system, or do I need to actually have a registered device?

You'll get a code now that has to be registered by July 31 so you have until then to get a system.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
Enjoying the E-shop Exculusive Swords and Darkness. Its pretty much Dark Souls River city ransom. Which makes it 10x better than code of princess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiiQ3ep4tmU

I would recommend wasting your hard earned money on this.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dark Souls has convinced all developers to render their combat in slow motion

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'm obviously very excited for the new FE but I can't help but notice that the media has clung onto the fact that FE will allow gay marriages. Yeah whatever that's cool and very web 2.0 (are we at 3.0 yet??) but am I the only one who doesn't get excited over marriage, gay or straight, in his Fire Emblem?

Support convos are cool but marriages and a town are a little too sim-oriented in my opinion. Guess I'm the weird one for just wanting another 20-30 chapter campaign with a cool plot and challenging/fun maps?

The whole simulation stuff isn't necessarily bad if you're into waifu builders and filling the empty void in your life with whatever means necessary but it's just for a different crowd is all. Plus FE has very shallow and uninspired characters for the most part, not exactly the most interesting cast to follow in their everyday interactions.

I'll still play it but I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. Too much weird poo poo going on. I guess that's true of Nintendo in general lately.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can't believe i kept reading that post. gently caress is wrong with me

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Actually, everybody hates everything about the new Fire Emblem, so you're allowed to make any criticisms you want and somebody will agree with you.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

epitasis posted:

can't believe i kept reading that post. gently caress is wrong with me

e: like, what do you want news sites to report? "Gameplay in Fire Emblem Fates: It plays like Fire Emblem"?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You probably should have stopped reading at 'gay marriage is very web 2.0'

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

KingSlime posted:

I'm obviously very excited for the new FE but I can't help but notice that the media has clung onto the fact that FE will allow gay marriages. Yeah whatever that's cool and very web 2.0 (are we at 3.0 yet??) but am I the only one who doesn't get excited over marriage, gay or straight, in his Fire Emblem?

Support convos are cool but marriages and a town are a little too sim-oriented in my opinion. Guess I'm the weird one for just wanting another 20-30 chapter campaign with a cool plot and challenging/fun maps?

The whole simulation stuff isn't necessarily bad if you're into waifu builders and filling the empty void in your life with whatever means necessary but it's just for a different crowd is all. Plus FE has very shallow and uninspired characters for the most part, not exactly the most interesting cast to follow in their everyday interactions.

I'll still play it but I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. Too much weird poo poo going on. I guess that's true of Nintendo in general lately.

In FE:A you must Marry Your Animes to bring your army to its full potential

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

In FE:A you must Marry Your Animes to bring your army to its full potential

Awakening makes a pretty good case for eugenics.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

From what I read the new Fire Emblem has a 20-30 chapter campaign with a cool plot and challenging/fun maps (at least for Nohr) so it sounds like everybody wins.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

Awakening makes a pretty good case for eugenics.

Galeforce-loving anime Hitler

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Electric Phantasm posted:

From what I read the new Fire Emblem has a 20-30 chapter campaign with a cool plot and challenging/fun maps (at least for Nohr) so it sounds like everybody wins.

No, there's this new rule that if you hate completely optional, 10% part of the game, the entire franchise is ruined and you must kill children

it's called the millennial-ruling

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

NA dudes, Target is doing buy one, get one half-price on select 3DS games from June 28-July 4:

Smash
Mario 3D Land
NSMB2
Mario Kart 7
Also Best Buy is having sales on 2 newer games next week:

Codename STEAM is $25 ($20 with GCU)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D $30 ($24 with GCU)

I'm definitely going to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Enjoying the E-shop Exculusive Swords and Darkness. Its pretty much Dark Souls River city ransom. Which makes it 10x better than code of princess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiiQ3ep4tmU

I would recommend wasting your hard earned money on this.

this looks really slow and boring.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Jarogue posted:

You can find a few people still playing 7, the most you will get is about 5.

Really? That little amount of people playing 7 at this point? I was playing online for a good while only a couple months ago and it seemed like a lot of people were still playing.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Where can I get FE:A for really cheap

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

noirstronaut posted:

Where can I get FE:A for really cheap

you can buy it on the eShop for 39.99USD + tax which is a very cheap price for such an excellent game

or look here I dunno

http://product.half.ebay.com/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Nintendo-3DS-2013/166708431&cpid=5000055514998

Nintendo games hold their value Like Whoa compared to most other games man, sorry.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
lol @ some of the responses

All I'm saying is I didn't care much for the relationship aspects of earlier titles so having them be a bigger focus is concerning to me and a little disheartening as I fear it will take focus away from the core game. Ninty throwing same-sex couples into the fray feels like an expansion of the family building mechanics, along with the whole town building shienanigans. Surely y'all have played enough video games to understand that when certain features are implemented or emphasized by devs on a schedule, other aspects of the game run the risk of being neglected or rushed. Then there's the whole path split/DLC options, which are clear attempts at squeezing more revenue outta one project.

Don't crucify me cuz I don't want an anime waifu now, this isn't the Vita thread (yet).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

KingSlime posted:

lol @ some of the responses

KingSlime posted:

Yeah whatever that's cool and very web 2.0 (are we at 3.0 yet??)

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

KingSlime posted:

crucify me

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
woah forums user awesome what happened to your title?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

someone gave me this awhile ago and i think it is very nice but it's getting to be about time for a change

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Awesome! posted:

this looks really slow and boring.

The guy trying to show off the game ran past all the enemies because they took too long to kill.

Not everything needs to be Dark Souls, jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
All the Sega 3D classics are on sale it seems. Or...most of them. $2.99! Streets of Rage, Space Harrier, Sonic 1, Shinobi 3, Galaxy Force 2, Ecco the Dolphin, Altered Beast, and Super Hang on. Any recommendations from this list?

What happened to the goon who would post about all the sales and stuff in the 3DS thread every week or so? I had to find this out on my own!!