Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's honestly really loving great that 180 weapons are so achievable. It took me exactly three days of doing the daily hunts and a single day of doing roulettes (along with the starting tomes I got from the final dungeon/trial) and I had it. Far, far nicer than either having to buy something off of the AH, scrabbling through PF groups, or battling with 7 other people for Unidentified Tomestones. It feels like I can just do the Extreme Primals for fun, rather than doing them solely for the sake of advancing my gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Well when they did it to me two days ago I had a small conversation with them, so at the time they were definitely at their keyboard.

Why are they doing this??

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Verranicus posted:

Why are they doing this??

I'm guessing it has something to do with how The Vault ends. They're just trying to cheer people up. v:shobon:v

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009
I managed to get five of my friends to start playing for heavensward, but unfortunately none of them were able to get on Excalibur last night. The one that started a couple days earlier did manage to get on after the 11-3am maintenance, so I'm guessing next week after maintenance or Sunday / Monday at 3-5am is their best bet >_>

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vil posted:

- Do the heavensward sightseeing log entries - these have no time or weather requirements and have a glowy spot to identify them - in each zone once I can fly there. Each zone is 126k exactly.

Some of them do have time and/or weather requirements, but the majority of them do not.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Vil posted:

Good point. I basically took a few days off work and blasted through the content (not to the point of rushing/skipping cutscenes, but definitely playing a lot). Mostly for the sake of not having to deal with assholes spoiling poo poo for me.

In an approach like that with a more sane daily time investment, I'd agree with fewer roulettes per day - among other things, the process is going to be drawn out over more days anyway. You probably don't need to throw in the deliberate highest dungeon though. (I mean, if you want to because you find it fun, great, but don't feel obligated to do it to stay ahead of the exp curve.) One LLDR a day, plus sidequesting, should still keep you on pace for 60 if you're playing 2 hours a day.

It's worth remembering that sidequest exp won't get any better on later jobs, while dungeon and fate exp will. So if there's any time when sidequests are most relatively rewarding, it's on the first 60.

This is true, I may take the time off the MSQ to go back and wrap up my side quests in other areas then. I personally like dungeon running (especially Aery since I really want the set from there) since the XP is pretty good and it feels a bit more like playing the game vs. the fetch nature of many of the side quests.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Work week with limited time, I mainly did my daily roulette and I'm a little over leveled now. If you level slow you won't feel much pain.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So I hit level 57 last night... just how compressed is the story between now and 60? Are there a significant number of MSQ post-60? I've still got a whale to harpoonHolmgang, a scion whose reappearance I was spoiled to, a couple of dungeons, two zones I haven't yet been to, and what is leading up to probably going to be a :black101: as all hell fight against the Holy See. At the current rate of MSQ/level, I expect to be level 65 by the time they finish doing all the story they need to do.

(I've managed to avoid spoilers so far, but I think I've already figured how the storyline ends out, and I'm even more hyyyyyyyyyyyyyped)

e: stupid autocorrect

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 26, 2015

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So I hit level 57 last night... just how compressed is the story between now and 60? Are there a significant number of MSQ post-60? I've still got a whale to harpoonHolmgang, a scion whose reappearance I was spoiled to, a couple of dungeons, two zones I haven't yet been two, and what is leading up to probably going to be a :metal101: as all hell fight against the Holy See. At the current rate of MSQ/level, I expect to be level 65 by the time they finish doing all the story they need to do.

(I've managed to avoid spoilers so far, but I think I've already figured how the storyline ends out, and I'm even more hyyyyyyyyyyyyyped)

I just finished the 57 MSQs last night and you're in for a treat. It's by far the best (and longest) 'chapter' of the MSQ so far and has some legitimate surprises in it.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Are there any DPS meters or any addons that are permitted/suggested?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Benson Cunningham posted:

Are there any DPS meters or any addons that are permitted/suggested?

Advanced Combat Tracker with the FFXIV plug in. It's kind of buggy right now, at least for me.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

/gcsalute, discount Jean Gilpin. =(

What the gently caress, it actually WAS Jean Gilpin! Why the gently caress would you recast Jean Gilpin!?

I think a lot of contracts couldn't get renewed. I don't think Square has the same pull in america as it has in japan when it comes to voice actors, cause there's all sorts of strange changes and big names that were lost.

On the upside, hilarious accents out of nowhere are pretty great.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
ACT is the most popular option, and it's against EULA but don't be dumb and talk about it openly in game and you'll be fine. Mine has also been a bit buggy lately, i frequently have to keep deleting the plugin and running the setup wizard again or data isn't reporting / out of sync.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is guildwork dead?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

rock2much posted:

Is guildwork dead?

Yes, I believe the old dev abandoned it. There's another guy that picked it up and it working on a HW compatible version.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Source on that?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Vermain posted:

I'm guessing it has something to do with how The Vault ends. They're just trying to cheer people up. v:shobon:v

They're the PC version of the soup lady in that one quest.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Finally got access to my account. My main is a level 44 PAL, but I can't remember where I left off the main story quest and it isn't in my log.

I'm also considering making an anime dragonman rogue to rehash the story.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Source on that?

You know how to use the google don't you?

http://guildwork.com/broadcasts/55845ad7002aa856e1163db2

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Finally got access to my account. My main is a level 44 PAL, but I can't remember where I left off the main story quest and it isn't in my log.

You could probably just look at your completed quests tab, find the last main scenario one you did, and then check the wiki to find out what's next and where it is.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

He's not someone new, though; Stanislav was working on Guildwork at least as far back as November.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

There's some video link for all the story, you can lvl up faster as a rogue without restarting.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Pray return to the Waking Sands. (probably)

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Dude doesn't use guildwork. He calls it 'voldemort'.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Also

quote:

We are hoping the #ffxiv client for DX11 and new hunts will be 100% in by the weekend. Maybe earlier if we are lucky.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

I do, but didn't see anything about the old dev abandoning it, nor any context on who Stanislav is.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Go to your quest log and see what the last main story quest (the quest logo that looks like a meteor) was that you completed. If you're 44, chances are you're somewhere in this area:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Main_Scenario_Quest/Level_40-50

This should give you an idea of where to go to get your next MSQ.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hit 49 last night, roulettes will probably carry me almost to 50 today, then I guess the next 100 missions between 2.1-2.55 don't give like, any exp? Didn't they adjust that? Or am I just gonna get hosed until I reach 3.0 content?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Hit 49 last night, roulettes will probably carry me almost to 50 today, then I guess the next 100 missions between 2.1-2.55 don't give like, any exp? Didn't they adjust that? Or am I just gonna get hosed until I reach 3.0 content?

They now give XP and gear.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The exp of all the quests is less then 2 quests in the expansion for walking around a city in less than a minute.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
My friend is near Chrysalis and he might hit 52 before Ishgard?

So like, 2 million exp total probably. Actually less b/c I think he's doing roulettes.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I resubbed after being informed that despite being free, Rift is now steaming garbage.

My highest level character is level 22, on Excalibur. I was planning on going for Dragoon, but if thats actually lame/not fun I guess I can switch it up.

Tell me who to talk to/what to do/what things are cool and new and awesome since like patch 2.3 or something (the last time I played).

Also, what things to do get from patch 3.0 just for owning the game, and what requires Heavensward to get?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Annath posted:

I resubbed after being informed that despite being free, Rift is now steaming garbage.

My highest level character is level 22, on Excalibur. I was planning on going for Dragoon, but if thats actually lame/not fun I guess I can switch it up.

Tell me who to talk to/what to do/what things are cool and new and awesome since like patch 2.3 or something (the last time I played).

Also, what things to do get from patch 3.0 just for owning the game, and what requires Heavensward to get?

The 3.0 changes to the base game are very minimal.

You can teleport while on your Chocobo and the XP bonus for leveling more than 1 class has increased, I guess. Skills may have changed slightly.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Annath posted:

DRG is cool, be a DRG. It's one of the classes (along with like black mage) where it's easier to do first because the rotation is kinda boring early on, so you should deal with that while you're still starry-eyed with other parts of the game.

quote:

Off the top of my head, the new stuff that affects low-level players in 2.4-2.55 is the addition of the ninja class and the gold saucer. Maybe some other stuff but I can't remember.

quote:

Practically nothing at level 50 or lower. Basically the ability to create Au Ra is it. Don't buy Heavensward until you finish the 2.55 story.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

KoB posted:

The 3.0 changes to the base game are very minimal.

You can teleport while on your Chocobo and the XP bonus for leveling more than 1 class has increased, I guess.

OK, a followup question:

Is there any leveling content locked behind Heavensward, or would I be perfectly fine with the base game until I get to the endgame content of ARR?

E: answered beautifully above. Thanks y'all!

Game is installing now. Once I get in, who do I stalk to get into the/a Goon Guild?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Annath posted:

OK, a followup question:

Is there any leveling content locked behind Heavensward, or would I be perfectly fine with the base game until I get to the endgame content of ARR?

E: answered beautifully above. Thanks y'all!

Game is installing now. Once I get in, who do I stalk to get into the/a Goon Guild?

Read the OP.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Guild info is in the OP.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rei_ posted:

Yo so that final loving trial, huh

I want a Hard version in 3.1 and then EX version of it in 3.3 or 3.4 so badly.

Vermain posted:

Boy, was my heart ever loving racing when the other tank got dual Braver'd. I cannot wait for the Hard version of it.

The knights used Bladedance (LB2), not Braver (LB1). :ssh:

Hopefully if we get a hard version they'll use Final Heaven, meaning you'll need to soak both with Holmgang/Hallowed Ground/Living Dead. :black101:

Rei_ posted:

I'm really feeling the ilevel hit in the ex dungeons though, luckily tomes fall out of the drat sky right now due to all the first time bonuses and lack of a proper cap. I already grabbed my weapon and a bunch of 160 gear, and now I guess I'll work on left side gear.

You can also buy i150 gear from a vendor if you can't greed on all accessories and manage to hit i145 via caster jewelry like I did, since you can put on the lower ilvl stuff once inside the dungeon. Saving for your weapon goes by fast too. Especially if you don't waste your duty roulettes on xp when you know you'll hit 60. 100 for HLDR, another 100 for LLDR, 60 for Trial. You'll have your weapon by the time you unlock EXDR thanks to your own newbie bonus and unless you skipped a ton of Hinterland quests just having a tomestone weapon with all that 145 gear will have you sitting well enough for EXDR Fractal farming.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

What am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Jia posted:

What am I missing?

Is its Collectability Value below 1100? Vendors won't take less than that.

• Locked thread