Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

I need one of those.

If they don't make them they're really missing out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
SPEED HOLES!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Extreme weight reduction.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Falken posted:

Extreme weight reduction.

My favorite example will always be the one from the Indy track museum. Surprisingly hard to find a good source so the first ones I hit:

Washington Post posted:

The oldest car is the one commissioned by Fisher, one of the Speedway's four founders, and built by Premier, an Indianapolis passenger car company. Fisher, who later drained a Florida swamp and turned it into Miami Beach, wanted to compete in the Vanderbilt Cup Race on Long Island, N.Y., America's most prestigious race at the time, but the Premier exceeded the 2,200-pound maximum.

"So what they did was try and make the thing as light as possible," Davidson said. "They started drilling holes in the frame."

After 470 holes, they stopped drilling, fearing any more would cause the body-less vehicle to collapse. The car was still 120 pounds too heavy, forcing a withdrawal.

Fisher raced the car, which cost $15,000, only once _ on Nov. 5, 1905, winning on the Indiana State Fairgrounds' 1-mile horse track.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

SouthsideSaint posted:

Put a fuel pump and new oil after 4 years of sitting

Count Freebasie posted:

That's what the gently caress I'm talking about.

The_Raven posted:

gently caress all y'all haters, I will never stop loving bustleback Sevilles.

Sorry for the thread necro, I'm catching up on AI from vacation, but this just showed up at the auto lot near work today:

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

NoWake posted:

Sorry for the thread necro, I'm catching up on AI from vacation, but this just showed up at the auto lot near work today:

Aw, yiss. Was just reminiscing about those the other day. Haven't seen one in-person in forever, it seems. Buick Rivieras of that era, too, had a bit of that flair, from what I recall.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Arriviste posted:

Aw, yiss. Was just reminiscing about those the other day. Haven't seen one in-person in forever, it seems. Buick Rivieras of that era, too, had a bit of that flair, from what I recall.

Yes, yes they did - here's an '84 Riviera, kinda looks like a cross between that Caddy and a Monte Carlo of the same era

hackbunny posted:

A trip report from the Parco Valentino Salone & Gran Premio, held a couple weeks ago in Turin. Sadly we missed the parade, but we did do a tour of the open air car show:

Pininfarina Sergio

No windshield: the front aero, as a side effect, diverts the air away from the occupants. I wonder how well it works in practice?

While it looks cool, I wonder if they thought about, y'know, something being jettisoned at the occupant's face while driving with no windshield protection

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 26, 2015

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Would it be frowned upon to start a rainbow based car game given the ruling today?

Here's a nice red Alfa 33 Stradale

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Party Alarm posted:

Would it be frowned upon to start a rainbow based car game given the ruling today?
Today has been the best day, reading all the :qq: from butthurt bigots.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Here's a giant pride flag for reference, and a nice orange 2002!

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Ozz81 posted:

Yes, yes they did - here's an '84 Riviera, kinda looks like a cross between that Caddy and a Monte Carlo of the same era

:neckbeard: Although I do prefer the ones without the SS color scheme. Never thought of it being like a cross with a Monte Carlo until now, though.

Ozz81 posted:

While it looks cool, I wonder if they thought about, y'know, something being jettisoned at the occupant's face while driving with no windshield protection.

That's what worries me about it, too. :ohdear:
Sure, bugs would probably be swept away, but whaddabout a road gator? Unless the car is equipped with LASER weaponry to take care of errant projectiles, of course. Gore spray from gibbed critters might muss the interior, however.

e: fixed the quote I broke while phone postin'

Arriviste fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 26, 2015

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Ozz81 posted:

While it looks cool, I wonder if they thought about, y'know, something being jettisoned at the occupant's face while driving with no windshield protection

The website shows a picture of it with a helmet, so I guess it's no worse off than a motorcycle. Why you would attempt to remove the windshield to feel more free and open and then put on a motorcycle helmet, I don't know.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Hikaki posted:

The website shows a picture of it with a helmet, so I guess it's no worse off than a motorcycle. Why you would attempt to remove the windshield to feel more free and open and then put on a motorcycle helmet, I don't know.

I don't know...

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Arriviste posted:

:neckbeard: Although I do prefer the ones without the SS color scheme. Never thought of it being like a cross with a Monte Carlo until now, though.

Here's one in the more classy color scheme...I remember my aunt having one of these when I was younger in a deep red/maroon and it was the most comfortable car to ride in

Also can't forget them early '70s Riviera boattail models, goddamn those rides were sexy as hell

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Ozz81 posted:

Here's one in the more classy color scheme...I remember my aunt having one of these when I was younger in a deep red/maroon and it was the most comfortable car to ride in

Also can't forget them early '70s Riviera boattail models, goddamn those rides were sexy as hell

Um.
I'll be in my bunk.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
THE BEAST OF TURIN
I love this car so much :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cabYYvQOBnU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Sounds like a locomotive, not a car. I guess that's appropriate given the size of the engine.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Crank all fuckin day

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Mat_Drinks posted:

THE BEAST OF TURIN

sounds like a
ford crown vic with a p0302 and no exhaust.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 27, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
LOL the Roadkill guys have an old stock car in their lot waiting for an episode.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
1963 Chrysler Imperial Crown. Awesome doesn't even begin to describe this thing:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

NoWake posted:

So does this mean your another Illinois goon? because that is that car. And it would be by a route 31 in Illinois.

Root bear...Is your shop hiring cause DAYHUM!!!! The classic cars we get are usually not that nice.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

e:

Jekub posted:

I'm guessing the studio provided one of no doubt several they have.

Thursday at Goodwood is a bit odd with nothing running the hill other than people taking rides in road cars. It does mean however that if you like seeing under the bodywork and getting a chance to chat to the owners and mechanics you can probably do so.

Hoonicorn, as an example, being prepared for the weekend.

Did you see the Beast of Turin. Did you see it

e:

Mat_Drinks posted:

THE BEAST OF TURIN

:aaaaa:

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 27, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Collateral Damage posted:

Today has been the best day, reading all the :qq: from butthurt bigots.

I used this to great effect on Facebook

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"Cousins celebrate marriage announcement" is probably quite a common headline in Georgia, though.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InitialDave posted:

"Cousins celebrate marriage announcement" is probably quite a common headline in Georgia, though.

I don't think it makes the headline anymore.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

A miserable era in styling for both brands.

:psyduck: russia.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Today I saw this guy turn out way ahead of me and it caught my eye as it was very wide and I couldn't identify it from a distance, so I went zooming up after him. He heard/saw the wagon and freaked out (AAAAAAAH UNICORN) which was also cool, so we pulled over and shot the poo poo for 15 minutes. I think he said it is a Strosek widebody conversion? Whatever, it's loving cool.

Edit: also spotted today: The usual location of Lamborghinis:

Tremek fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 28, 2015

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I feel that 928s should have had regular popups from factory after seeing that.

I wonder if anyone's done something similar with the 968. Really not a fan of the 928/968 popups.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:iia:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Falken posted:

I feel that 928s should have had regular popups from factory after seeing that.

I wonder if anyone's done something similar with the 968. Really not a fan of the 928/968 popups.

The miura looks like poo poo too. I don't know why people say it's the greatest looking car ever when it has those retarded headlights - if it had pop-ups or faired-in projectors like the GT40 it would look a million times better; as it is now it only looks good when you can't see the front.

Sexy supercar:

Downs frog:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

That's what the Miura Jota is for :h:

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009

This think is :black101: as gently caress!

I'm seriously hoping flames lick from between its teeth and it spews fire from the jet engines on the rear!

Definitely a contender for something to go in the next Mad Max movie :perfect:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Party Alarm posted:

Here's a giant pride flag for reference, and a nice orange 2002!

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Why would it not have a purple diablo??

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Or an indigo P1?

ROY G BIV

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I was trying to think about a car that's somewhat iconic in purple, but then google spat out that CARS car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

GhostDog posted:

I was trying to think about a car that's somewhat iconic in purple, but then google spat out that CARS car.

Any classic Mopar in Plum Crazy. :colbert: