Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Holy poo poo, are you the same guy that thinks Fate will get an M rating because there's gay marriage in it

because you talk exactly like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

All the Sega 3D classics are on sale it seems. Or...most of them. $2.99! Streets of Rage, Space Harrier, Sonic 1, Shinobi 3, Galaxy Force 2, Ecco the Dolphin, Altered Beast, and Super Hang on. Any recommendations from this list?

All of them apart from Altered Beast.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

All the Sega 3D classics are on sale it seems. Or...most of them. $2.99! Streets of Rage, Space Harrier, Sonic 1, Shinobi 3, Galaxy Force 2, Ecco the Dolphin, Altered Beast, and Super Hang on. Any recommendations from this list?

What happened to the goon who would post about all the sales and stuff in the 3DS thread every week or so? I had to find this out on my own!!

actually someone did mention that a day or two ago, maybe even paletteswappedninja

streets galaxy force and shinobi were my favorites of the bunch

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What happened to the goon who would post about all the sales and stuff in the 3DS thread every week or so? I had to find this out on my own!!
Look exactly 40 posts before yours:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, the first wave of Sega 3D Classics are $3 each right now: Sonic, Altered Beast, Ecco, Space Harrier, Galaxy Force, Super Hang-On, Streets of Rage, Shinobi 3.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Oh well if you count when someone said it, yeah, I guess someone did say it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Tae posted:

Holy poo poo, are you the same guy that thinks Fate will get an M rating because there's gay marriage in it

because you talk exactly like him

What are you talking about my comments never brought up ratings. I got no beef with gay marriage I just made a passing comment in how the gaming outlets are fixating on it to get to my point: I think marriage of any sort and housekeeping in FE is dumb and not fun.

Anyways this conversation got dumb and not fun.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja is an underappreciated treasure of the Something Awful Nintendo Megathreads

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

KingSlime posted:

I think marriage of any sort and housekeeping in FE is dumb and not fun.

i too, think the only good fe games are 1-3, 5 and the remakes

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Nah it was a minor element in the GBA games those were good. Most of em are but I personally could do with less bland character interactions.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

KingSlime posted:

What are you talking about my comments never brought up ratings. I got no beef with gay marriage I just made a passing comment in how the gaming outlets are fixating on it to get to my point: I think marriage of any sort and housekeeping in FE is dumb and not fun.

Anyways this conversation got dumb and not fun.

It probably would've been better if you just made your point without leading off with the gay marriage thing.

That said, personally, I enjoyed the support conversation/marriage aspects of Awakening a lot and I'm glad to see it expanded on.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Tae posted:

idk about that but it'll probably be M because you can be a creepy incestuous paedophile and also torture people (with sounds that allegedly seem like rape)

Basically now that the game is seemingly out in Japan and people are posting impressions any interest I had in the game completely deflated

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

KingSlime posted:

lol @ some of the responses

All I'm saying is I didn't care much for the relationship aspects of earlier titles so having them be a bigger focus is concerning to me and a little disheartening as I fear it will take focus away from the core game. Ninty throwing same-sex couples into the fray feels like an expansion of the family building mechanics, along with the whole town building shienanigans. Surely y'all have played enough video games to understand that when certain features are implemented or emphasized by devs on a schedule, other aspects of the game run the risk of being neglected or rushed. Then there's the whole path split/DLC options, which are clear attempts at squeezing more revenue outta one project.

Don't crucify me cuz I don't want an anime waifu now, this isn't the Vita thread (yet).

I'm not a FE guy, but lurking the threads has given me the impression that the core gameplay and mission design is an across the board improvement from Awakening and that the other stuff doesn't detract from it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

majormonotone posted:

idk about that but it'll probably be M because you can be a creepy incestuous paedophile and also torture people (with sounds that allegedly seem like rape)

Basically now that the game is seemingly out in Japan and people are posting impressions any interest I had in the game completely deflated

What the gently caress impressions are straight up lying to you

You know what, don't buy the game and leave it at that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

majormonotone posted:

I think you may have mixed the game up with Vita classic Criminal Girls.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't get what it is with people exaggerating the content of games to the point where if they were telling the truth, the game would be rated AO and not released. Nobody is just going to plop loving rape in their game as a side mechanic.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Motto posted:

I don't get what it is with people exaggerating the content of games to the point where if they were telling the truth, the game would be rated AO and not released. Nobody is just going to plop loving rape in their game as a side mechanic.

Somebody never bred Pokemon

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Tae posted:

What the gently caress impressions are straight up lying to you

I hope so

Still a little disappointed that my only gay marriage option is not-Tharja tho

e: Actually is there a good, reliable source of FE14 info? I don't really want to read the whole Fire Emblem thread

majormonotone fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 27, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Enjoying the E-shop Exculusive Swords and Darkness. Its pretty much Dark Souls River city ransom. Which makes it 10x better than code of princess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiiQ3ep4tmU

I would recommend wasting your hard earned money on this.

it requires a lot of dextarity and agillity to play that game

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

majormonotone posted:

It's a Nintendo game, dude.

Like the Nowi poo poo in Awakening was really creepy, but at a point you should probably realize there's no way that is gonna happen.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

gently caress it

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Enjoying the E-shop Exculusive Swords and Darkness. Its pretty much Dark Souls River city ransom. Which makes it 10x better than code of princess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiiQ3ep4tmU

I would recommend wasting your hard earned money on this.

Reminds me of side scrolling Ys I might get it.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good game for a day in airports and on planes? Xenoblade and such are a bit too long to make a dent in in that time (also, I have Xenoblade on the Wii), but it also needs to be able to be put down easily for boarding and such. Maybe a good level based action or puzzle game or something?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Jsor posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good game for a day in airports and on planes? Xenoblade and such are a bit too long to make a dent in in that time (also, I have Xenoblade on the Wii), but it also needs to be able to be put down easily for boarding and such. Maybe a good level based action or puzzle game or something?

Donkey Kong (Game Boy)
Game an Watch Gallery 1, 2, or 3
Pushmo
Yumi's Odd Oddyssey (if you want hard puzzles)

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 27, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

wrong tread

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jsor posted:

Link Between Worlds

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Regarding eShop sales, SMT-IV is only $13 on the Aussie eShop at the moment.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Regarding eShop sales, SMT-IV is only $13 on the Aussie eShop at the moment.

Nice. It's my bday in a few days and I may just pick that up, just bought myself a new xl to replace my normal xl as an early treat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

majormonotone posted:

I hope so

e: Actually is there a good, reliable source of FE14 info? I don't really want to read the whole Fire Emblem thread

If you've got any specific questions just ask the FE14 thread, there's a few goons playing the game so they should probably be able to answer anything. As for just general stuff the wiki or the serenes forest forums probably have the most information.

And yeah, it's a shame there's only a single option for gay marriages but even in my best case scenario I didn't think they'd include same-sex relationships at all, just that they'd imply it heavily without actually committing to it. So even having a token gay option at all kind of floored me.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

And yeah, it's a shame there's only a single option for gay marriages but even in my best case scenario I didn't think they'd include same-sex relationships at all, just that they'd imply it heavily without actually committing to it. So even having a token gay option at all kind of floored me.

It's very token compared a ton of western games from recent years, but yeah, going explicit with this kind of stuff is a pretty big deal for a Japanese game, especially one from a mainstream developer.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Motto posted:

It's very token compared a ton of western games from recent years, but yeah, going explicit with this kind of stuff is a pretty big deal for a Japanese game, especially one from a mainstream developer.

I'm going to give Nintendo the benefit of a doubt and assume they wrote the gay relationships in such a way that they're with characters that are canonically gay (or at least bisexual). It's more restrictive than the Bethesda method where every NPC is Opportunity Bi and you can bang whoever you want with whatever character you want, but speaking as a gay dude I always thought that was kinda hollow anyway.

Not that a world where everybody's happy to do anybody wouldn't be absolutely great. :v:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Both gay characters have S-links with either gender, yeah. You wouldn't necessarily pick the gay dude but the gay girl is pretty fanservice-y: it's either not-Tharja or Literally Tharja, I'm not quite clear on how that all works right now.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I just watched the trailer for 3D Sonic 1 and it didn't look like it had any 3D effect at all. I was kind of expecting it to be like Kirby where the backgrounds had depth, but if they did I didn't notice the effect at all.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If you mean the one on the eShop, most of those trailers aren't in 3D for some stupid reason.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If you mean the one on the eShop, most of those trailers aren't in 3D for some stupid reason.

Even when they say "view in 3D on the 3DS".

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Even when they say "view in 3D on the 3DS".

That's really dumb because I know what Sonic 1 looks like and Sonic 1 isn't appealing enough to get me to pay $3 for it. But if it was Sonic 1 with a cool 3D effect, I might consider that just for the novelty and because it's only $3.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Atlas Hugged posted:

That's really dumb because I know what Sonic 1 looks like and Sonic 1 isn't appealing enough to get me to pay $3 for it. But if it was Sonic 1 with a cool 3D effect, I might consider that just for the novelty and because it's only $3.

There should usually be at least a few sample screenshots in 3D, on the store page below the trailer.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There should usually be at least a few sample screenshots in 3D, on the store page below the trailer.

Well, if there's a 3D effect on the screenshots then it is more subtle than I can see. I tilted the 3DS side to side and didn't see any ghosting and I flicked the slider on and off and all I saw was a change in brightness. I watched the Kirby trailer for comparison and the 3D instantly jumped out (or I guess in), so I don't know what Sega's problem is.

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Well, if there's a 3D effect on the screenshots then it is more subtle than I can see. I tilted the 3DS side to side and didn't see any ghosting and I flicked the slider on and off and all I saw was a change in brightness. I watched the Kirby trailer for comparison and the 3D instantly jumped out (or I guess in), so I don't know what Sega's problem is.

The videos and screenshots for the first wave of Sega games aren't in 3d, but the games themselves are.

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Atlas Hugged posted:

Sonic has the option to do either fall-in or pop-out 3D, as well as a classic mode that gives the effects of playing on an old CRT. The game looks real crisp in 3D, and the classic mode is actually done really well and gave me a huge blast of nostalgia. Sega has done a fantastic job with all of there 3D classics, and Sonic is no exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

majormonotone posted:

Isn't the male gay option that guy with Nohr who likes torturing people, too?

Maybe they'll be more well-rounded than they look, because that's not a great first impression of your representatives there.