Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So where in the timeline does the Red Hood DLC take place? Are we not meant to really think about it? And how in the gently caress is Harley able to take down Nightwing and a group of other guys with literally no help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

Batman doesn't kill, he rams people's cars off the road and into walls at 70mph!

It's okay. They were... rubber... walls?

It's funny how Batman's takedowns look more lethal than Red Hood's.

SonicRulez posted:

So where in the timeline does the Red Hood DLC take place? Are we not meant to really think about it? And how in the gently caress is Harley able to take down Nightwing and a group of other guys with literally no help?

After the story, I guess.

And she can because... reasons. I dunno. I'd believe if if she could beat Robin in a solo fight, but no way should she be able to beat him.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why doesn't batman attack the guy i point him towards ever?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Does anyone know what percent of the main quest on the wheel is the point of no return before the ending. I'm at 80 and I'm trying to finish every sidequest before I go any further to be safe.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Holy poo poo, this game has terrible loving boss fights. why do i have to fight jason first in fear gas shagohod and then in giant loving drill. How do i beat the drill, whose idea was it to make this awful poo poo.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well. The twist at the end of Ace Chemicals took me by surprise. I loved it.

This is a very good handling of that. Ha ha.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

Does anyone know what percent of the main quest on the wheel is the point of no return before the ending. I'm at 80 and I'm trying to finish every sidequest before I go any further to be safe.

You'll know it when it happens. Scarecrow tells you to go to a depot.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Holy poo poo, this game has terrible loving boss fights. why do i have to fight jason first in fear gas shagohod and then in giant loving drill. How do i beat the drill, whose idea was it to make this awful poo poo.

Lure it into the bombs.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Aquasnake posted:

The point of no return is made clear. Don't give up your equipment.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

The point of no return is made clear. Don't give up your equipment.

It's not really a point-of-no-return either. You get to continue doing things afterwards.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Funky Valentine posted:

With all the LexCorp stuff I wonder if Rocksteady is planning on some kind of Superman game.

A DLC where Superman becomes Batman for a while would be amazing. Give him an 'intensity' bar so you'd have to really tone down your attacks, or you might end up accidentally killing someone.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 27, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

ImpAtom posted:

It's not really a point-of-no-return either. You get to continue doing things afterwards.

Jesus christ, you don't seem to feel the need to correct him two posts earlier when you gave him the same info! Are you that desperate to argue with me?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like how Scarecrow tells Batman to put his utility belt on the table and you can take it off.

And then immediately put it back on.

And Scarecrow's just kinda like "Oh. Well, you'll be back. Eventually."

BIG HEADLINE posted:

A DLC where Superman becomes Batman for a while would be amazing. Give him an 'intensity' bar so you'd have to really tone down your attacks, or you might end up accidentally killing someone.

I have a great idea for Superman's Silent Takedown.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Between Origins and Knight...I can use a walkthrough to grab some missable collectibles, but no walkthrough can make those drat tank missions enjoyable for me. Passable, maybe, but definitely not enjoyable. I wish I could just download a 100% story 0% side mission save and run around and do all the varied side poo poo (minus the tank stuff) because I keep running into more tanks and it just feels like a slog even with an upgraded Batmobile.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
I've run into several Riddler informants where I'll take out everyone around them and interrogate the informant, who then says some version of "screw you Batman!", at which point they get taken out without revealing anything new.

This has happened several times in a row, so I'm wondering if this is just random, or if it's triggered by certain areas or game progress or something.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just finished everything except for all the Riddler trophies. Lockup is 99% full and awaiting The Riddler for completion.
But there's like 200+ trophies to collect and I just can't be loving arsed.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

But the DLC has to be done Superman 64 style, having you fly through rings and increasing the Gameworks Fog 10,000%

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

azflyboy posted:

I've run into several Riddler informants where I'll take out everyone around them and interrogate the informant, who then says some version of "screw you Batman!", at which point they get taken out without revealing anything new.

This has happened several times in a row, so I'm wondering if this is just random, or if it's triggered by certain areas or game progress or something.

if it sounds like they're about to resist the interrogation just mash the counter button and Batman will throw them on the ground and ask them a 2nd time.

Also just beat the game, I really enjoyed the whole ending sequence. The "Joker Takedowns" at the end were incredibly brutal, it was weird but also kinda cool seeing Batman lose it for a bit

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Got past it but that fight sucks rear end. anything moment where you are under pressure in car mode sucks rear end.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Jesus christ, you don't seem to feel the need to correct him two posts earlier when you gave him the same info! Are you that desperate to argue with me?

... I wasn't arguing with you? I just thought it was worth pointing out since two people said it and it made more sense to reply instead of edit my post since someone else had already replied.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

ShineDog posted:

Tons of little details in this game. The game calls back to a very minor action you can take in the first moments of the game an hour or two later.

If you don't shoot anyone as the cop the police watching him are amazed he held it together as well as he did, as opposed to if you shoot people they're horrified at what Scarecrow did to him

This is a thing? I need to test this now on a different profile, drat!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Infinitum posted:

Just finished everything except for all the Riddler trophies. Lockup is 99% full and awaiting The Riddler for completion.
But there's like 200+ trophies to collect and I just can't be loving arsed.

But the DLC has to be done Superman 64 style, having you fly through rings and increasing the Gameworks Fog 10,000%

I don't know why the devs think that hunting down stupid Riddler trophies is fun at all.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone had an issue with Harley's mission wherein right after she puts down the jack-in-the-box in the second room, you uh, can't move towards the grate so you just get shot each time? It's getting frustrating.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Did they remove suit damage? I'm pretty drat far into the game and the new suit is still brand new looking.

I heard that loading a different skin causes the suit to reset, not sure if that's true though.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

redbackground posted:

Has anyone had an issue with Harley's mission wherein right after she puts down the jack-in-the-box in the second room, you uh, can't move towards the grate so you just get shot each time? It's getting frustrating.

Naw, I didn't run into that one. Speaking of, the Harley DLC is actually really sad given the implications.

Pirate Jet posted:

Did we ever find out what the big secret hint towards their next project was in City? Rocksteady said that the "City of Fear" boat apparently wasn't the only one.

I want to know this as well.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Did they remove suit damage? I'm pretty drat far into the game and the new suit is still brand new looking.

I heard that loading a different skin causes the suit to reset, not sure if that's true though.

It definitely gets damaged as the game progresses (so does the batmobile's armour), but because it's mainly metal now it gets heavily scuffed rather than torn.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Have you switched to any of the dlc suits at all? There's a known glitch where doing so removes the batsuit damage for the Arkham Knight 8.0-whatever suit you use in the main game. I tried on the Justice League 3000 suit, screwed around a bit in free roam, and switched back. Now the damage only shows up in cutscenes for me.

EDIT: So yeah, I can confirm the different skin thing is an issue.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!
Where the heck is the last Perfect Crime body? I'm pretty close to the end of the main story but the map marker still hasn't shown up.

EDITO: found it

Man, it's really annoying that you can't see tha titties and tha pussy when you scan their bodies. Really ruins my immersions.

futureproof fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 27, 2015

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The second radar on Founder's Island (the fight before it) on Hard is ... hard. :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

I don't know why the devs think that hunting down stupid Riddler trophies is fun at all.

Do you know what is fun? The Riddler missions, racing, brain teasing set pieces, team-up fights with Catwoman.
Do you know what is not fun? Collectathons.

You solve all of Riddlers bullshit, and it comes time for the final confrontation... and he fucks off down a hole until you collect all his bullshit trophies.

gently caress that, rot down there. See if I give a poo poo. Least in City he was straight up torturing people and you had somewhat of an incentive to find the things. I've literally beaten up everybody else in the city, I just don't give a crap about him.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I do not like the batmobile very much :saddowns:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The sword/blade back+Triangle is such a clusterfuck when the camera is sort of spinning around you autonomously.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Does anyone recognize the weird 8-bit kinda music playing in Harley's little Joker shrine in the western movie set area? The one that's a riddler solution? It's a nifty tune, and I could swear I recognize it from something, but I can't find anything about it online.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have a great idea for Superman's Silent Takedown.

Yeah, real silent.

Sef! posted:

Have you switched to any of the dlc suits at all? There's a known glitch where doing so removes the batsuit damage for the Arkham Knight 8.0-whatever suit you use in the main game. I tried on the Justice League 3000 suit, screwed around a bit in free roam, and switched back. Now the damage only shows up in cutscenes for me.

EDIT: So yeah, I can confirm the different skin thing is an issue.

I can also confirm that you don't even need to bring the suits into free roam for this glitch to occur. I spent a few minutes tooling around in the AR Challenges with the Adam West suit and then switched back to the normal suit before going back to free roam and now my suit is shiny and new all the time.

Also, holy poo poo Professor Pyg you creepy bastard.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Infinitum posted:

Do you know what is fun? The Riddler missions, racing, brain teasing set pieces, team-up fights with Catwoman.
Do you know what is not fun? Collectathons.

You solve all of Riddlers bullshit, and it comes time for the final confrontation... and he fucks off down a hole until you collect all his bullshit trophies.

gently caress that, rot down there. See if I give a poo poo. Least in City he was straight up torturing people and you had somewhat of an incentive to find the things. I've literally beaten up everybody else in the city, I just don't give a crap about him.
Asylum was the only one of these games I actually bothered to 100%, mainly because there weren't a million collectibles and the ones that were there were pretty easy (and generally fun) to find. I tried to grab all the collectible poo poo in City as well, but there was just too much of it.

At this point I think I'll just do all the other missions in AK and watch the 100% ending on Youtube, if I want to play a collectathon I have several N64 platformers for that. Or I guess I could outsource the collecting to a friend of mine who loves that kind of grindy poo poo.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ImpAtom posted:

Yes.

When Batman died in the comics Jim Gordon had to become Robo-Batman instead of just being a policeman.
And he had to call himself Batman instead of, say, Iron Cop.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I haven't seen anyone mention it before but I've grown to love the "pick up a weapon off the floor and use it" ability. There's just something extremely satisfying about using a wooden baseball bat to absolutely wipe the floor with an entire squad of those cyber-ninja dudes.

"Oh, what's that, you're covered head-to-toe in kevlar and possess meter-long blades that extend from your wrists? *Breaks every rib with a steel pipe*

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Aquasnake posted:

You'll know it when you get there, but it's about 94%.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do you guys have any tips for driving the Batmobile? It feels like I'm driving on ice all the time, even when using the drift.

Also are there Riddler challenges in this game? Like the "Perform X takedowns" kinda thing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RatHat posted:

Do you guys have any tips for driving the Batmobile? It feels like I'm driving on ice all the time, even when using the drift.

Also are there Riddler challenges in this game? Like the "Perform X takedowns" kinda thing.

Switch it to toggle mode for the tank stuff, and it makes left trigger into your brake. If you have to take sharp corners, slide into tank mode, make the turn, then go back into car mode.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

J2DK posted:

Most of us who are familiar with the comics went, "It's just loving Jason. This is stupid."

The last Arkham thread figured it out months ago and made fun of how dumb the character is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Some of the Riddler stuff is neat but for every cool Catwoman/Batman puzzle thing there's 100 lovely trophies to find that I have no patience for.

• Locked thread