Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bufuman posted:

No shame in that man, not much you can do when the rolls don't hand you a triple crown-able party. Not unless you want to Job Fair the broken jobs into your team every bad run, and then you'd look like a scrub instead.

EDIT: Or are you lamenting that you seem to keep getting Berserkers? OK, yeah, that's probably more likely. Zerkers, man.

No, just this overall party. It's just so unsynergistic and loving fragile. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Kyrosiris posted:

Hmmm... Harps for your Berserker, that much is obvious. The Bard can hang in the back row to mitigate some of the damage, and Zerk and Samurai can both wear heavy armor. Dancer is pretty frail but, uh... you get the dance gear eventually? Admittedly that's rather faint praise.

I don't think I could ever complain about a team that gave me a Bard, though. I love Bards. :allears:

EDIT: And of course the Dancer can !Sing for when you absolutely need to keep someone locked down.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Kyrosiris posted:

I found Samurai and Dancer to work quite well together, actually. Samurai hits the groups with Zeninage while Dancer goes for Sword Dance against single targets. Plus you can slap Shirahadori on Dancer (along with Elf Cape and Main Gauche until you get the CK) to help their front row survivability issues. And as mentioned, Zerker with Equip Harps is nice, plus Bard can make Zerkers actually... well, not useful, but more than dead weight.

EDIT: And seriously, Dancer is a benefit to any team, thanks ENTIRELY to Equip Ribbons. Ribbons are just the best.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 27, 2015

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I want to say there is obvious synergy here but i'm just at a loss for my endgame with skills. !Dualwield and !Rapidfire want to compete with each other, and berserker and ninja don't bring much to the table other then that. I do have the option to stack !gaia and !animals in places where those are good like how i wiped out the floating fortress with 2x physical attackers and 2xWindslash

http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=jrpg
Berserker / Ninja / Geomancer / Ranger

I'm not sure if I have sources of damage to even attempt shin/omega after NED and it looks like i'm going to need to farm elixirs for NED

e: never used ranger before

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 27, 2015

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Samuel Clemens posted:

It should be possible to beat Shinryu in a straighforward fight with this team, but if you're having a lot of trouble, you can always fall back on the Zombie strategy. Give one of your party members a Reflect Ring and let them be zombified by one of the necromancers in the area. When you engage Shinryu, use the Hide ability to remove the other three party members from the field. The zombified character can't be killed and the Reflect Ring ensures that Shinryu will eventually kill himself. It takes a while and is not very interesting, but it's a guaranteed victory.

Thanks for the advice, it was slow and boring, but it worked like a charm.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

zolthorg posted:

I want to say there is obvious synergy here but i'm just at a loss for my endgame with skills. !Dualwield and !Rapidfire want to compete with each other, and berserker and ninja don't bring much to the table other then that. I do have the option to stack !gaia and !animals in places where those are good like how i wiped out the floating fortress with 2x physical attackers and 2xWindslash

http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=jrpg
Berserker / Ninja / Geomancer / Ranger

I'm not sure if I have sources of damage to even attempt shin/omega after NED and it looks like i'm going to need to farm elixirs for NED

At the very least, Berserker likes Dual-Wield and Ninja will love Rapid-Fire, which works well on Ranger too. Geomancer... Backup Thrower? They're basically dead weight past a certain point, so little to do there.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bufuman posted:

I found Samurai and Dancer to work quite well together, actually. Samurai hits the groups with Zeninage while Dancer goes for Sword Dance against single targets. Plus you can slap Shirahadori on Dancer (along with Elf Cape and Main Gauche until you get the CK) to help their front row survivability issues. And as mentioned, Zerker with Equip Harps is nice, plus Bard can make Zerkers actually... well, not useful, but more than dead weight.

EDIT: And seriously, Dancer is a benefit to any team, thanks ENTIRELY to Equip Ribbons. Ribbons are just the best.

Oh I know. Just not looking forward to plowing through world 2 with this fragile hill of beans.

It'll be great in world 3 but I gotta get there.

E: though holy poo poo I didn't even think about the reflected zombie gimmick. Holy poo poo I'm gonna triple crown this nonsense. :getin:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 27, 2015

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

What's the worst/weakest classic group you could get? Thief/Berserker/Geomancer/Dancer?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sax Solo posted:

What's the worst/weakest classic group you could get? Thief/Berserker/Geomancer/Dancer?

Monk/Zerk/Geo/Dragoon, imho anyways.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kyrosiris posted:

On the other hand, level-boosted !GilToss. :getin:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Haven't played FFV in ages, don't remember anything besides Gilgamesh, and registered with Chaos Run. First class Black Mage. Is there a slight guide to items I should get before I cross any parts of no returns?

I've just found this thread recently and been reading on and off, but I can't keep track of everything that I'm supposed to look out for. Some items/grinding spots disappear between worlds? What should I look out for, at least to start with?

I tried googling a guide but it only led me to an empty reddit post and the official website. The opening post in this thread has the Chemist Mixes which...isn't helpful at the moment.

I'm half thinking of YOLO-ing this, but that might not be the best idea...

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
I did it with my triple berserker and bard chaos run:

Tried this at about level 40, and I got a lucky streak with enough evasion and healing turns to be able to get Neo Exdeath taken down. I wish I could have gotten some levels from the songs, but I kept killed trying it due to not being able to control my character. :( So my bard ended up being a heal bot for for the most part, except sometimes being able to dish out damage against the Grand Cross part with Apollo's Harp!

This was a really tedious run in general though, and not that interesting since it involved fast forwarding through most things. Especially Atomos, where I did Sullla's strategy of hiding to run him out of MP, and then coming back in and finishing him off. Most other bosses were brute forced for the most part because of the damage output from the Berserkers, or from being able to use the death sickles' death proc.

Most random encounters were also trivial, since Romeo's Ballad would just stop them all and the Berserkers would have easy pickings. Made grinding in various parts of the game pretty straight forward and not require much healing at least!

I'm gonna try a normal chaos run about a month from now, since I need a big break after that!

JibberJabberwocky
Mar 24, 2012

I haven't had as much time to play as I'd normally like to. I've banked 30 hours on the game so far though, - Ninja, Berserker, Berserker, Dancer on my Chaos Berserker Risk run.

I am in the void, but was unable to close the deal with NED so I'm grinding in the castle until my dancer and ninja can at least survive Almagest. i have the magic lamp ready in my inventory, 20 fuuma shurikens, 30 regular shurikens.

My entire party is using ribbons and prism dresses, I got 4 of each!

I only have one Aegis Shield because I didn't do Fork or any of that stuff. Other shield is crystal. Hermes Sandals on entire party. I have dancer-Faris with the chicken knife and man eater dual wielded. Ninja Lenna is using twinlance and thief knife.

To quote .dd, "Dance is the best form of damage we have."

Berserker Bartz and Kittyzerker Krile are using Thor's Hammer and the Gaia Hammer respectively from the back row. Why no rune axe?

Because with my one tablet I took Holy Lance, Excalibur, and Masamune - for throwing purposes.

I have tons of elixirs, loaded out on hi potions, I'm at 37 35 37 37 right now. I do not know how long it will take to be able to tank an almagest with the whole crew alive so I can heal up, but that is what awaits me now.

Tree form is a joke as always. I think with this group I actually probably should leave the odin-able part for last and then wipe out the others starting with almagest

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I had a very similar team myself and I was able to kill the relevant part before Almagest went off, I didn't have to grind for HP. You may be able to manage the same.

E: Specifically a thief (who I don't think I had chicken knifing iirc, just tossing elixirs) instead of a Zerk.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Man I can't wait to get my second class but I think White Mage will help me a lot later.

The last time I played I got a Red Mage and I think he ended up being a better healer thanks to that double cast ability.

Anonipan1
Mar 2, 2015
So for my first playthough of FFV being a fiesta of next to no difficult with having three great classes in M.Knight/Ninja/Chemist, I still found it to be a great game and one that everybody should try once.

Now to try my hand at a 750 run and see if I can handle wizarding in excess

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Two down. Only took about 40 elixirs since it was Flame Rings to heal or Hermes Sandals to get my good damage output out consistently and keep trying to Break the Almagest part (it worked... eventually :v:).

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Man I can't wait to get my second class but I think White Mage will help me a lot later.

The coolest thing about White Mage is that Holy is completely ridiculous; it does like the most single-target damage of any spell in the game and costs 20 MP whereas -aga elemental spells cost 25, Flare costs 39, and the best summons are 32+.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Just beat W2 Exdeath.

... Star of the party was a Staff of Light WM Rapidfiring him for 2k a pop. Ugh.

WM RM Ranger Dancer has no chance at Omega, right? I shouldn't even pound my head against that.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
A few questions about World 3 before entering the Rift.

Can I beat Omega and Shinryu with a team of White Mage, Berserker, Ninja and Samurai?
How many of the Sealed Weapons can that team use?
I've beaten the Pyramid, how far away am I from getting Holy?

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
I got my first party wipe fighting Shiva. Amusingly, my practice run of the fight went okay (I beat her with two characters left standing) but when it came to my actual run I wiped a few times before taking her out. I probably should have come for her later when I would've had extra levels and another job but eh. :v:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
World 2, and this is pretty much my ninja/beastmaster strategy atm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
So for my first fiesta, and my first time playing this game, I got Monk/Time Mage/Beastmaster/Chemist. It's been a very easy run so far and now that I'm in world 2 with easy access to Dragonfangs, Holy Water, and all that plus Comet nothing really lives longer than a few rounds. The Beastmaster feels a little useless since it gets 1 attack that's as good as a single attack from anyone else and then switches into a mediocre melee end but it's fun to mess around with so I don't mind.

So my endgame strategy is to pack !Mix on everyone, have the Time Mage Haste the party and then have everyone boost the Monks level/be on Phoenix Down duty while the Monk punches everything to death. From what I've read this strategy should wreck NED and if I get the wonder staff to berserk Shinryu he'll go down very easily as well. My only questions are: Is the level cap 99 or 255 or what? And can I beat Omega with this same strategy? If not, what can I do to beat him since it seems like this team comp should be able to triple crown fairly easily.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Ilyich posted:

Can I beat Omega and Shinryu with a team of White Mage, Berserker, Ninja and Samurai?

I don't know the game well enough to answer your first question, but I can field the other two. Your team can wield four Sealed Weapons: the Sage's Staff, Rune Axe, Assassin's Dagger, and Masamune. As for Holy, you need to beat two more dungeons: the Island Shrine and Fork Tower itself.

Arrrthritis posted:

World 2, and this is pretty much my ninja/beastmaster strategy atm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM

Well, the basic Whip is described as "Best used when a problem comes along," so this makes sense.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Maleketh posted:

I don't know the game well enough to answer your first question, but I can field the other two. Your team can wield four Sealed Weapons: the Sage's Staff, Rune Axe, Assassin's Dagger, and Masamune. As for Holy, you need to beat two more dungeons: the Island Shrine and Fork Tower itself.

Well, the basic Whip is described as "Best used when a problem comes along," so this makes sense.

I don't know how, but I got that whip sometime before Walse and I used that to trivialize Garula (can't counter when you're paralyzed). It's only fitting that I got Beastmaster as my water class afterwards.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

I don't know how, but I got that whip sometime before Walse and I used that to trivialize Garula (can't counter when you're paralyzed). It's only fitting that I got Beastmaster as my water class afterwards.

You probably got it from Magissa. She usually drops one.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Chaos run 2: Bard/Chemist/???/???
:getin: The Gilgabot smiles upon me!

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

oldskool posted:

Congrats on your triple crown

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

oldskool posted:

I hope you get Thief and Beastmaster next :3:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

My run (2x berserker, dancer, chemist) is progressing slowly due to real life being a thing, I know people keep saying that Chemist is stupidly powerful but I never realized just how powerful it was until Atomos. First fight tried to fight it "fairly" and go wiped. Second fight the chemist chugged a speed shake, Goliath tonic, and proceeded to throw out 2k+ damage holy winds. Fartz hadn't even moved a quarter of the way towards Atomos before Atomos exploded. So I'm going to grind up some more dragon fangs to get ready to punch through to the third world.

Does Mix trigger Omniscent's Recall trigger on the iOS version?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Randalor posted:

My run (2x berserker, dancer, chemist) is progressing slowly due to real life being a thing, I know people keep saying that Chemist is stupidly powerful but I never realized just how powerful it was until Atomos. First fight tried to fight it "fairly" and go wiped. Second fight the chemist chugged a speed shake, Goliath tonic, and proceeded to throw out 2k+ damage holy winds. Fartz hadn't even moved a quarter of the way towards Atomos before Atomos exploded. So I'm going to grind up some more dragon fangs to get ready to punch through to the third world.

Does Mix trigger Omniscent's Recall trigger on the iOS version?

Non-attack commands don't seem to trigger his Return counter, so Mix should work just fine.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Will it be possible for me to defeat omega and shinryu with 3 berserkers and a samurai?

kick_the_penguin
Jul 8, 2012
I've just got my full party of Blue Mage/Berserker/Ninja/Dancer. I think it's going to go pretty well, I can give the Berseker duel wield and give the Dancer !Blue but I'm not sure what abilities the Blue Mage and Ninja should have.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

kick_the_penguin posted:

I've just got my full party of Blue Mage/Berserker/Ninja/Dancer. I think it's going to go pretty well, I can give the Berseker duel wield and give the Dancer !Blue but I'm not sure what abilities the Blue Mage and Ninja should have.

Give the Blue Mage !Throw to take advantage of their magic stat and ability to equip rods; your Flame and Lightning scrolls will be super-powerful with the appropriate rods equipped. Should do just as good as breaking rods, only cheaper.

Give the Ninja !Dance if you feel like rolling the dice on a Sword Dance; and Equip Ribbons for bosses that use status effects.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Alabaster White posted:

Non-attack commands don't seem to trigger his Return counter, so Mix should work just fine.

gently caress that; he cast it when I broke a rod on him. :mad:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ilyich posted:

you can definitely do shinryu with berserk and blink. give everyone white magic and berserk him as your first action then blink up everyone. you're not going to be able to cheese omega though i don't think and your best damage is !white boosted thunder scrolls so you can damage it but it's going to be tricky

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I got a question regarding World 3: Do I have to collect all of the tablets, or can I go straight to the void when I get the airship?

Because gently caress collecting that third tablet, all of that lava is a bitch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Alabaster White posted:

Anything that isn't magic will trigger it. That said, you can use Mix to Berserk him and that'll cancel out his Return trigger, but of course then you're dealing with a fast angry old man who's surprisingly powerful and will beat you into fine paste unless you do something about it. Fortunately he can be blinded too so I'd stick that on him ASAP after you piss him off.

Arrrthritis posted:

I got a question regarding World 3: Do I have to collect all of the tablets, or can I go straight to the void when I get the airship?

Because gently caress collecting that third tablet, all of that lava is a bitch.

You can go at any time after getting the airship, though I'd at least recommend stocking up on Running Shoes and other stuff in Mirage and picking up the Magic Lamp. There may also be certain goodies you may want in the dungeons (namely the Defender, Wonder Rod, a second Aegis Shield, some axes, and Holy/Flare/Meteor).

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Maleketh posted:

Fungah! posted:

you can definitely do shinryu with berserk and blink. give everyone white magic and berserk him as your first action then blink up everyone. you're not going to be able to cheese omega though i don't think and your best damage is !white boosted thunder scrolls so you can damage it but it's going to be tricky

Cool, thanks for the answers.

Edit. Faris is getting roughly 1,670 to 4,920 damage with the Rune Axe for 5 MP, that is one hell of a damage range.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Mega64 posted:

You can go at any time after getting the airship, though I'd at least recommend stocking up on Running Shoes and other stuff in Mirage and picking up the Magic Lamp. There may also be certain goodies you may want in the dungeons (namely the Defender, Wonder Rod, a second Aegis Shield, some axes, and Holy/Flare/Meteor).

Alright! I don't know if there's much I can use for my class comp, aside from extra weapons for my ninja/chemist. I might just double down on my Whip strategy and try to farm Dragon's Whiskers from stingrays in world 3.

I think with my Bard I should be able to deal with Omega (and I have Galuf/Krile mastered in that so I can have two singers if necessary). And I think if I stack up on enough coral rings/dragon damaging weapons I should be able to take care of Shinryu before he/she pastes me.

e: What beasts should I look out for to tame? Should I be looking out for damage or utility when it comes to capturing beasts?

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 27, 2015

• Locked thread