Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ron Jeremy posted:

Autumn is coming.

just checked and it's still winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Benne posted:

The only real solution is to bulldoze St. Louis to the ground, and all Cardinals fans with it

RUDE

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benne posted:

The only real solution is to bulldoze St. Louis to the ground, and all Cardinals fans with it

I agree with this Seahawks fan.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I agree with this Seahawks fan.

But they make Clayton Kershaw reeeeeally sad and it rules

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ross Angeles posted:

But they make Clayton Kershaw reeeeeally sad and it rules

Hmm, an appeal to my "gently caress the Dodgers" principles... interesting.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Or if you want to make cardinals fans really mad move the cards to okc

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

Or if you want to make cardinals fans really mad move the cards to okc

I keep reading that as "ok cupid".

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

I keep reading that as "ok cupid".

No, it's the Titans that need to put up personal ads not the Cards.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

No, it's the Titans that need to put up personal ads not the Cards.

SWF, WLTM QB. Any QB.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Look if you're going to turn me on like that you have to give me enough to finish, tease. :saddowns:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

Look if you're going to turn me on like that you have to give me enough to finish, tease. :saddowns:

Best Fans in Baseball Twitter account gets nominated for an Emmy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/City-County-Officials-to-Provide-Stadium-Update-307937331.html

quote:

A day after Chargers' special counsel nixed the idea of a December ballot measure for the stadium, San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer called on the team to "prove they want to stay in their hometown."

At a press conference Wednesday, City and County leaders said their door was wide open for discussion, even as the Chargers appeared to criticize current stadium plans.

The remarks come a day after Chargers' special counsel Mark Fabiani's claim that a "legally defensible" stadium measure on a December ballot would be impossible, comments made after Faulconer called a two-hour meeting with the Chargers Tuesday morning "a productive exchange."

I'm sorry Ross

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The "legally defensible study" the city wanted to use was an environmental report from 1983 plans to add 7,000 seats to Qualcomm. It wold have been shot down immediately in court.

The city is throwing everything they have right now without any real hope of success. I'm assuming that their actions are designed to convince the NFL to hold off relocation talks for another year so we can get a ballot measure with a chance of passing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Seriously though I really hate all this relocation poo poo

It's to the point where I'm just emotionally exhausted by it. Just get it over with, one way or the other

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

It's to the point where I'm just emotionally exhausted by it. Just get it over with, one way or the other

Same. Thankfully I don't live in Oakland or this would be hell.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ross Angeles posted:

They're gone bro.

OldHansMoleman
Jan 4, 2004
I Hate Myself
How long would it actually take the Chargers to move to these sites? Even if they announced today that their time in San Diego is done wouldn't they still be two-three years out from physically relocating?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
They'd probably play in some college stadium in 2016 (and possibly 2017) like the Oilers Titans did.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Yes we are blessed with the fact that public universities have no limits when it comes to stadium costs. USA USA USA!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

Yes we are blessed with the fact that public universities have no limits when it comes to stadium costs. USA USA USA!

They're generally built with private money.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Sash! posted:

They're generally built with private money.

All tax deductible as charitable giving.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-stadium-20150626-story.html

The NFL is officially looking for temporary stadiums to use in LA for the 2016 season

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

relocate every team

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Edit: Didn't read.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

This is the sentiment of everyone in San Diego at this point. When the Chargers leave, we'll get over it, move on, and join the rest of the sane community who root for real teams.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Meanwhile in Oakland the developer there delivered their financing plans a few days ago. But the city/county or something has it under NDA so no one in the public actually knows :wtc: the actual plan is to make up the $400-500M shortfall (or presumably a shitload more if they're still pushing Coliseum City).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Glumslinger posted:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-stadium-20150626-story.html

The NFL is officially looking for temporary stadiums to use in LA for the 2016 season

I hope it's the Coliseum because I don't want to deal with more weekend traffic in Pasadena

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

old dog child posted:

I hope it's the Coliseum because I don't want to deal with more weekend traffic in Pasadena

The Rose Bowl isn't gonna happen.

And the Coliseum needs like half a billion dollars in upgrades to be NFL ready

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
So what else is left then? I don't know a lot about LA's stadiums, but I would think it's Rose Bowl or the Coliseum for a gap year, unless the NFL wants to play on a high school field

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ross Angeles posted:

The Rose Bowl isn't gonna happen.

And the Coliseum needs like half a billion dollars in upgrades to be NFL ready

I hope you're right because either of those areas supporting an NFL team is loving nonsense.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

KettleWL posted:

So what else is left then? I don't know a lot about LA's stadiums, but I would think it's Rose Bowl or the Coliseum for a gap year, unless the NFL wants to play on a high school field

Dodger Stadium, probably.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ross Angeles posted:

Dodger Stadium, probably.

Anything that inconveniences the Dodgers is OK by me.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

just checked and it's still winter.

hahahaha. This probation is ridiculous.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

KettleWL posted:

San Dimas High School football rules! They can play there.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

japtor posted:

Meanwhile in Oakland the developer there delivered their financing plans a few days ago. But the city/county or something has it under NDA so no one in the public actually knows :wtc: the actual plan is to make up the $400-500M shortfall (or presumably a shitload more if they're still pushing Coliseum City).

http://www.insidebayarea.com/breaking-news/ci_28392873/exclusive-oakland-stadium-deal-worst-by-far-raiders

-New City buys 20 percent of Raiders for $200 million.
-New City buys most of Coliseum site for $116 million, based on recent appraisal.
-City leases land under stadium to Raiders for $250,000 per year.
-City and county put $80 million from land sale toward parking garages. New City puts $107 million toward parking garages.
-City and county are responsible for paying the nearly $100 million in debt on O.co Coliseum from prior renovation.
-City and county can issue new bonds to pay for community benefits such as affordable housing.
-Oakland A's will have a space for a ballpark development reserved until Jan. 1, 2019.
-The Golden State Warriors will be allowed to extend their lease at Oracle Arena.
-Football stadium to be completed by 2019; hotel to be completed by 2020; housing, retail, office to be completed by 2022.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

hahahaha. This probation is ridiculous.

welcome to spergerdome, bitch. anyways, the raiders are definitely leaving.

quote:

The proposal is officially confidential, but it became available to the Bay Area News group who shared it with Marc Ganis, president of the consulting firm SportsCorp Ltd. and a veteran of numerous NFL stadium deals, including the one that brought the Raiders back from Los Angeles.

"This is not just the worst stadium proposal I've seen," Ganis said. "It's the worst by far."

"I can't think of any sports team owner that would take a proposal like this even remotely seriously," Ganis said. "It's so one-sided and so bad, that it's almost as if local leaders are saying 'we can't really do anything, so go ahead and leave.' "

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

What are the Raiders going to do if the NFL decides it wants Kroenke and Spanos in LA?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm pretty sure that question is going to ensure that the raiders end up in la. it's either that or they'll rent the coliseum yearly until it gets condemned and then move to like, albany.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

What are the Raiders going to do if the NFL decides it wants Kroenke and Spanos in LA?

San Antonio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Metapod posted:

San Antonio

If this happens I will be a Raiders fan for life.

• Locked thread