Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Akarshi posted:

Is it just me, or is A- like...really hard?

I'm stuck at B+. There seem to be a lot of people who made it to B+ by dicking around the edges filling up their nearly worthless inskstrikes the entire game, but they sure as gently caress aren't helping me get past B+. I can't stand seeing the countdown to losing at like five seconds and people are still driving around or standing back in safe ink instead of jumping in there and shooting like crazy hoping to gain control for just long enough for their team to get there. Who the gently caress are these people?

OTOH, I've been loving around changing my Mii's name a lot and giving people something to look at. Who just splatted you? YOUR MOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Splatfest registration just went live.

You see this face? It is the face of your superior.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 27, 2015

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Cats is a super old meme and you gotta stay fresh. Cats are clearly very unfresh :colbert:

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
thinking of going team dog, cats keep bumpin' my hands when i'm playing.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Barnyard Protein posted:

thinking of going team dog, cats keep bumpin' my hands when i'm playing.

we welcome you

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Trent posted:

I'm stuck at B+. There seem to be a lot of people who made it to B+ by dicking around the edges filling up their nearly worthless inskstrikes the entire game, but they sure as gently caress aren't helping me get past B+. I can't stand seeing the countdown to losing at like five seconds and people are still driving around or standing back in safe ink instead of jumping in there and shooting like crazy hoping to gain control for just long enough for their team to get there. Who the gently caress are these people?

OTOH, I've been loving around changing my Mii's name a lot and giving people something to look at. Who just splatted you? YOUR MOM

Don't worry, people do that through A+. Hail Satan.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

noirstronaut posted:

What companies is Nintendo cool with enough to put them in one of their games? I kinda don't even think McD is in the line enough to give a poo poo about Splatoon.

Microsoft and Apple?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

Splatfest registration just went live.

You see this face? It is the face of your superior.

wait, didn't it already happen? you get a cat or dog shirt, right?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

A decision was made. Kitsune Udon it is.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Do rollers need an adjustment to anyone else? I'm getting 15+ kills/sub-5 deaths in every match and I can kill snipers with the dynamo roller even when my aim is sloppy.

It's a little harder in ranked because the ground isn't totally covered for stealth, but still.

Star Guarded fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 27, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I'm not sure, but I think your new cat/dog shirt might have the same stats as your old one that was taken away. Can anyone disprove me?

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

dogsicle posted:

can you post a picture of it? last i looked the wiki didn't have them

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I did my part. I made my vote count. I chose to be fresh.

I chose Team Pop. :smug:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'm team dog but I'm not rooting for the losing team. Going with team cat for the rewards.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Speaking of stuff the wiki doesn't have, does anyone have a photo of the purple hi tops? I'd kill for those but I'm just about ready to believe they're not real.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

JackDarko posted:

I'm team dog but I'm not rooting for the losing team. Going with team cat for the rewards.

I picked Team Cat the first time, saw a Miiverse post with Amaterasu and felt bad, and then picked Cat again because I want as many sea shells as I can get.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Amaterasu is a wolf and not a dog, anyways. Kamiya is very specific about that on Twitter.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Shibas are the cats of the dog world anyway.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Do you automatically wear the splatfest tee during splatfest games?
Like, if I don't care about the main ability, should I bother leveling it up, since it's just going to disappear after the 'fest?

Also, why the gently caress would a Lv20 A- player put a beacon ON THE SPAWN POINT #myteamsucks

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Sorry about that one. Hit the R button by accident when spawning, and you can't tear it down afterwards.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Super jump to it right away so your team never learns of your terrible mistake.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Trent posted:

Also, why the gently caress would a Lv20 A- player put a beacon ON THE SPAWN POINT #myteamsucks

maybe it is someone passing off the controller to someone else in the house who isn't as good at the game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Dish posted:

Sorry about that one. Hit the R button by accident when spawning, and you can't tear it down afterwards.

Haha, don't know if it was you, but someone else in the same match put a sprinkler there. On the spawn point. In ranked.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Trent posted:

Haha, don't know if it was you, but someone else in the same match put a sprinkler there. On the spawn point. In ranked.

Which will cover the home base and give them special meter?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cattes are cute, but Dogges are cute and CAN do a mans work.
#teamdogge

quote:

"HOME WAS NEVER LIKE THIS: Things are just 'sew, sew' -- At sea, A Coast Guardsman is a versatile chap, adept with ropes, winches, paint brushes and even the needle. Here, Coast Guardsman Harold J. Adams, Seaman First Class, does some 'fancy work' on a piece of canvas, while the curious puppy mascot, aptly named 'Nosey' climbs on his shoulder to see what goes on. The man and the dog are shipmates on a Coast Guard-manned LST somewhere in the Pacific. Adams is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Harris A. Adams, of . . . New Orleans, LA. His father is a Coast Guard Chief Machinist's Mate with 25 years in the service." The photo is dated 30 March 1945.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Finally hit level 10. Second time playing the game; played last Friday and got up to level 9.

N E tips for gear or playing in general? I'm about to switch out my roller for a sniper or Splat Jr.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rocketlex posted:

Nintendo product placement, eh?

Vlasic Pickles vs. Duracell Batteries

I hope there's a Mario vs. Luigi splatfest in our future.

Trent posted:

Yeah, I've had more than a couple B+ matches today where people on either my team or the enemies would spend more time inking the separate platform on Saltspray Rig while the other's timer was ticking out than actually trying to take the zone. It was weird, we'd just be sitting there waiting for something to happen, and just watching them run around literally everywhere else but where they needed to be.

Lemming posted:

Don't worry, people do that through A+. Hail Satan.

I can understand people doing that poo poo and making it up to B by sheer inertia, but all the way up to A+, really?

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 27, 2015

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

I hope there's a Mario vs. Luigi splatfest in our future.

Definitely needs to be Nacho Cheesier vs. Cooler Ranch.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bean posted:

Speaking of stuff the wiki doesn't have, does anyone have a photo of the purple hi tops? I'd kill for those but I'm just about ready to believe they're not real.

Never mind! Got confused.

Thanks! Looks pretty fresh, hopefully I come across one of the variants soon.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 28, 2015

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I bought a wii u Lan adapter off of amazon, and holy poo poo.

Jumpted straight from B- to B with only one loss that wasnt even knockout. very few instances of trading kills, and no drop outs. If youre having connections issues, get a lan adaptor.

Phone posted:

Finally hit level 10. Second time playing the game; played last Friday and got up to level 9.

N E tips for gear or playing in general? I'm about to switch out my roller for a sniper or Splat Jr.

Whatever you like the look of. But if looks don't matter, ink resistance up and recon/stealth jump are both great, along with an ink saver or two sub ability.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Phone posted:

If you're not using motion controls already, use them. It'll be a little awkward at at first but it allows you to aim much more quickly.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

dogsicle posted:

The wiki seems to list the Hi-Horses as Hi-Tops, so i hope this is what you're looking for

Hi-Horses and Hi-Tops are different.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Hi-Horses and Hi-Tops are different.

Yeah the wiki is irredeemably hosed up and I let it confuse me. The Red Hi-Top page has a picture of Hi-Horses and somehow that overrode the memory of what Hi-Tops look like. I've only got Cream and Red though.

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Bean posted:

They're not real. That wiki is garbage.
This wiki is pretty good: http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/List_of_gear_in_Splatoon
It has images of all the gear and lists items with their name from both the US and EU versions of the game. I wonder how the Jungle and Safari hats switched names between the versions.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

raditts posted:

I can understand people doing that poo poo and making it up to B by sheer inertia, but all the way up to A+, really?

Had a match where there were about ten seconds left and someone was across the map loving around trying to build up meter. We ended up winning but they sure didn't loving help.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why is there always that level 20 sniper that gets 0 kills and only 100 points?

Like without fail.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

Which will cover the home base and give them special meter?

It was already fully inked :downsgun:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

It's possible they're normally a roller or something. My specialty is the Splash-o-Matic (though early levels it was the krak-on roller) and I tried a sniper around level 14 and did terribly. It really was like 200 points and maybe 1 kill. I felt so bad for the rest of my team, but you can't really get better by practicing in the testing area.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Well, I caved and did some more Ranked for more cash because I wanted store clothes. Didn't really go anywhere from where I was.

In tonight's experience though, I feel like I was vindicated in my earlier opinions of the Carbon Roller. A couple that I saw online were going batshit crazy all over the map, capturing Splat Zones with no trouble at all and wreaking havoc on anyone they got near. Their trading off roll strength for speed is actually pretty powerful, especially if they've got some Special Charge Ups, since with that roll speed they're going to be pulling out Inkzookas pretty often.

I'm actually pretty excited for the Carbon Roller Deco now, because if the vanilla Carbon Roller is any indication, Seeker Bomb Rush is going to be a constant threat and it is going to be glorious. Even the regular Seeker is mean because you can Ninja Squid Seekerswim with it and instagib anyone who dodges it with the roller flick.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why is there always that level 20 sniper that gets 0 kills and only 100 points?

Like without fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cm2iFmASBc

• Locked thread