Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Ladies hello! Am am an A.K.A. Dirty Uncle and I am seeking my naughty barista! Can't wait to force my way in (to your life). An academic type of intelligence not required! Must wash dishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
What's a "computer janitor"?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

notZaar posted:

What's a "computer janitor"?

A lot of goons ostensibly are super proud of their STEM degrees and majors in computer programming, but in fact spend their days helping middle managers use excel or octogenarians install virus scanners.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Getting overpaid to do that kind of work rules though.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Breetai posted:

A lot of goons ostensibly are super proud of their STEM degrees and majors in computer programming, but in fact spend their days helping middle managers use excel or octogenarians install virus scanners.

Oh I see, that's a shame. Well they should still be proud to graduate from challenging course work.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i dated 2 nurses

1 was a grub and kept leaving skid marks in my toilet. was also quite a dirty sex fiend.
i used to go on runs with the 2nd one and she always had to put her makeup on beforehand. and she always used to say "how you doin'?" during sex, like joey from the friends tv show :confused:

thanks for reading

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Met a nurse on a dating website and ended up marrying her so YMMV I guess.

That said she quit nursing before we got married so I guess there's that.

Shift work is a bitch and she was hideously underpaid. She earns more now doing reception work from 9-4 than she did as a registered nurse running a ward and dealing with violent dementia patients at all hours of the night.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
If only all women could be so well-prepared for what it's like to date a goon.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Squalitude posted:

If only all women could be so well-prepared for what it's like to date a goon.

BOOM

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Breetai posted:

They pretty much universally run to fat after they hit 30 because their lovely schedule drives them to eat lovely food and stress eat with no time/energy for regular exercise, and at some point or other they will get a lifelong hip, shoulder, or back injury either lifting a hyperobese patient or trying to catch a falling granny who dies anyway.

e: who wants to see a hard 39?

She's 39 years young and a fan of Motley Crue. Go get her, boys,

Nice try we all know that's actually Richie Sambora.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My self-summary
I can be entirely wooed with words, and I can be turned off by them.

Playfulness, compassion, and intellect are sexy attributes, qualities I seek in a partner, and ones I offer.

What I’m doing with my life
By day I support community-based chronic disease self-management programs throughout New York State. It's a bit of a change from my last gig, supporting the families of hospitalized newborns, but I'm excited about it! I'm headed back to graduate school. I want to run a marathon the year I turn 40.

By night my superpowers include healing the wounds (real and imagined) of the eight-year-old set and balancing all the needs of those worlds that collide nearly single-handedly. Writing. Toying with music. Enjoying some combination of good food, friends, live music, beer/wine/scotch, cycling, and running, when that collision proves stressful.

I’m really good at
Being a friend. Being a lover. Being a mother. My work. Saying the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. I think the common thread in all of this is that I’m inherently a nurturer, and like to grow things. Gardening. Cooking. Writing. I was trained as a classical vocalist for a few years between high school and theatre studies in college (before I left to study journalism), so I can sing well. I can also recite my favorite passage of Shakespearian prose from start-to-finish with dramatic flair. I can also fence, fly fish, knit, weld (but haven’t used this skill in over 15 years), change a tire, perform CPR on a very small baby (or anyone else, for that matter) without freaking out, and navigate streets in Istanbul and Pamukkale (or anywhere else in the world) with a map. I know my way around Penn Station in NYC, but strangely not the Subway system, though I imagine that, too, could be deciphered with a map and patience. In a word, I think this makes me good in a crisis and generally capable.

The first things people usually notice about me
That I can fall easily into conversation with just about any willing partner and that I have a nice voice. Too many people list a physical attribute here, and I’m assuming that you're capable of picking something physical for yourself.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Music: I was raised on showtunes (my father’s influence) and oldies (my mother’s influence) and by some stroke of luck (or perhaps my Vermont environs) I discovered classic rock and the blues. I’ve settled everywhere as a result and call no genre home. I’m currently involved in a passionate love affair with ZZ Ward that’s been going strong for a couple of years. She needs to put out another album. If you can turn me onto someone else, I’d be thrilled.

Shows: GoT, Masters of Sex, Star Trek: TNG, Nurse Jackie, Californication, House of Cards, The Newsroom, The Mindy Project, SNL, Daily Show, Louie, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men

Film: I was raised on classic film and love Hitchcock and Welles. I also think movies should be fun and don't have to delve into auteur theory unless necessary. --But I can rise to that. My only real intellectual film snobbery is that if I’m going to make the time investment to see something in a theater, I’d rather see something that looks like it’s more than the sum of situations the producers have strung together for the preview. Otherwise, I’d just as soon wait for Netflix or iTunes.

Food: I love food. All of it. Summer food! I've recently had to go gluten-free and I've been loving summer cooking. There are few things more indulgent to me than perfectly ripe, fresh summer tomatoes in a Caprese with a chilled summer wine on a hot night. Or a fantastic charcoal-grilled gorgonzola burger (I've found gluten-free rolls) and a *cold* beer.

On the Kindle “Nightstand": Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the Couple Who Taught America How to Love - Maier, 2009.

Books (past favorites): The Ethical Slut - Easton and Hardy, 2009 (life-changing book, recommend!); Anything Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Ayn Rand, Tina Fey, George RR Martin, David L. Robbins. A lot of work-related non-fiction.

The six things I could never do without
(My awesome friends are not things, and neither is my daughter. Therefore they are exempted from this list, but are truly the people I cannot live without.)

Strong dark-roast coffee (iced in the summer)
The sensory experience of a great meal
My running gear
My iPhone
The sensory experience of fantastic sex
Stress management routine

I spend a lot of time thinking about
How to get a decent night of sleep.

Whether "fun 5k runner's rage" is a real thing.

Why lots of men on OK Cupid think that I look like Laura Prepon in OITNB. (Sorry, Laura!)

My next run.

Whether to engage in the awkward conversation that usually commences after men timidly inform me that on OKCupid, "curvy" is a euphemism for overweight and/or obese and that I'd probably have better luck if I changed my body type to "average." To me "average" seems like an insult and I am, indeed "curvy." (I'm a Size 16 woman with hips and breasts.)

Why more men seemed more interested in me when I was openly "bisexual" than when I listed myself as "straight." I'll be interested to see what happens now that there's a "hetero-flexible" option, but I'm not sure what people seem to identify with that word. I've been essentially the same woman, regardless of the terminology.

On a typical Friday night I am
Home watching Airwolf (we've finished Gilmore Girls and Star Trek: TNG) with my almost eight-year-old daughter. If I’m lucky enough to have that particular night to myself, I can be found on a quest (solo or partnered) for adventure. I have very few free Friday nights to myself and I cherish them!

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
That I'm starting to come out of the closet about monogamy as a single woman. It will take a lot to get me to commit to a relationship in the future.

Note: This does not mean that I'm into threesomes.

You should message me if
You want to get to know a strong and compassionate woman who wants conversation (to start) and are willing to be patient and flexible with scheduling time to meet.

You've ever seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQduN315etk

I prefer to begin messaging back-and-forth a bit before meeting in person. I don't like to exchange phone numbers until after I meet someone in person. I appreciate it when people are candid with their wants/needs/desires and boundaries and attempt to offer the same because I think the dating world is a much friendlier/gentler place when we all do our best with offering this to one another.

Nirvikalpa fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 28, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Are these girls with "6 or more dates" as their answer for when sex is gonna happen for real

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Groovelord Neato posted:

Are these girls with "6 or more dates" as their answer for when sex is gonna happen for real

Not in my experience.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Nirvikalpa posted:

My self-summary

Playfulness, compassion, and intellect are sexy attributes, qualities I seek in a partner, and ones I offer.

By day I support community-based chronic disease self-management programs throughout New York State. It's a bit of a change from my last gig, supporting the families of hospitalized newborns, but I'm excited about it! I'm headed back to graduate school. I want to run a marathon the year I turn 40.

By night my superpowers include healing the wounds (real and imagined) of the eight-year-old set and balancing all the needs of those worlds that collide nearly single-handedly. Writing. Toying with music. Enjoying some combination of good food, friends, live music, beer/wine/scotch, cycling, and running, when that collision proves stressful.

I’m really good at
Being a friend. Being a lover. Being a mother. My work. Saying the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. I think the common thread in all of this is that I’m inherently a nurturer, and like to grow things. Gardening. Cooking. Writing. I was trained as a classical vocalist for a few years between high school and theatre studies in college (before I left to study journalism), so I can sing well. I can also recite my favorite passage of Shakespearian prose from start-to-finish with dramatic flair. I can also fence, fly fish, knit, weld (but haven’t used this skill in over 15 years), change a tire, perform CPR on a very small baby (or anyone else, for that matter) without freaking out, and navigate streets in Istanbul and Pamukkale (or anywhere else in the world) with a map. I know my way around Penn Station in NYC, but strangely not the Subway system, though I imagine that, too, could be deciphered with a map and patience. In a word, I think this makes me good in a crisis and generally capable.

That I can fall easily into conversation with just about any willing partner and that I have a nice voice. Too many people list a physical attribute here, and I’m assuming that you're capable of picking something physical for yourself.

Music: I was raised on showtunes (my father’s influence) and oldies (my mother’s influence) and by some stroke of luck (or perhaps my Vermont environs) I discovered classic rock and the blues. I’ve settled everywhere as a result and call no genre home. I’m currently involved in a passionate love affair with ZZ Ward that’s been going strong for a couple of years. She needs to put out another album. If you can turn me onto someone else, I’d be thrilled.

Shows: GoT, Masters of Sex, Star Trek: TNG, Nurse Jackie, Californication, House of Cards, The Newsroom, The Mindy Project, SNL, Daily Show, Louie, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men

Film: I was raised on classic film and love Hitchcock and Welles. I also think movies should be fun and don't have to delve into auteur theory unless necessary. --But I can rise to that. My only real intellectual film snobbery is that if I’m going to make the time investment to see something in a theater, I’d rather see something that looks like it’s more than the sum of situations the producers have strung together for the preview. Otherwise, I’d just as soon wait for Netflix or iTunes.

Food: I love food. All of it. Summer food! I've recently had to go gluten-free and I've been loving summer cooking. There are few things more indulgent to me than perfectly ripe, fresh summer tomatoes in a Caprese with a chilled summer wine on a hot night. Or a fantastic charcoal-grilled gorgonzola burger (I've found gluten-free rolls) and a *cold* beer.

On the Kindle “Nightstand": Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the Couple Who Taught America How to Love - Maier, 2009.

Books (past favorites): The Ethical Slut - Easton and Hardy, 2009 (life-changing book, recommend!); Anything Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Ayn Rand, Tina Fey, George RR Martin, David L. Robbins. A lot of work-related non-fiction.

(My awesome friends are not things, and neither is my daughter. Therefore they are exempted from this list, but are truly the people I cannot live without.)

My running gear
My iPhone

Why lots of men on OK Cupid think that I look like Laura Prepon in OITNB. (Sorry, Laura!)

My next run.

Whether to engage in the awkward conversation that usually commences after men timidly inform me that on OKCupid, "curvy" is a euphemism for overweight and/or obese and that I'd probably have better luck if I changed my body type to "average." To me "average" seems like an insult and I am, indeed "curvy." (I'm a Size 16 woman with hips and breasts.)

Why more men seemed more interested in me when I was openly "bisexual" than when I listed myself as "straight." I'll be interested to see what happens now that there's a "hetero-flexible" option, but I'm not sure what people seem to identify with that word. I've been essentially the same woman, regardless of the terminology.

Home watching Airwolf (we've finished Gilmore Girls and Star Trek: TNG) with my almost eight-year-old daughter. If I’m lucky enough to have that particular night to myself, I can be found on a quest (solo or partnered) for adventure. I have very few free Friday nights to myself and I cherish them!

That I'm starting to come out of the closet about monogamy as a single woman. It will take a lot to get me to commit to a relationship in the future.

You should message me if
You want to get to know a strong and compassionate woman who wants conversation (to start) and are willing to be patient and flexible with scheduling time to meet.

I prefer to begin messaging back-and-forth a bit before meeting in person. I don't like to exchange phone numbers until after I meet someone in person. I appreciate it when people are candid with their wants/needs/desires and boundaries and attempt to offer the same because I think the dating world is a much friendlier/gentler place when we all do our best with offering this to one another.

Unless I missed something in amongst all those :words: she seems like every lady on my okc feed :confused:

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Ayn Rand.

Other than that, I don't know.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My self-summary

I'm getting there,
Slowly but surely.
Every day is a journey.
I'm an L.A. native, SHOCKING!!!
I am a sex positive feminist.
My body is my canvas.
I've been told I'm "intense."
I've also been called a smart-rear end.
I find the brain to be one of the sexiest organs;
I also like "that's what she said" jokes.
I'm a master procrastinator.
I enjoy walking places.
My BA has absolutely nothing to do with my Masters.
I make really good comfort food (stew, mashed potatoes with onion and bacon, steak, breakfast food) , oh and I make mean peanut butter cookies
I'm a study in dichotomies, I'm equally into mindful meditation, hiking, and green juice as I am a good burger, napping, and terrible reality television.
I love random laundromat dance parties.
I love late night coffee when I know I should be sleeping.
I love hugs.
I love random texts to go have drinks.
I love dinners with my family.
INFJ/GGG

Gore Vidal once yelled at me that I should get cable...

Driving from one end of Los Angeles county to the other and saving the world!!!!

I’m really good at
Multitasking, ie watching Netflix and playing on my phone.

Tits or tattoos

Le Petit Prince forever and ever

I have broad and varied tastes in music, I wholeheartedly agree with Henry Rollins that "musical elitism is for lightweights"http://m.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2014/10/16/henry-rollins-musical-elitism-is-for-lightweights

Food is amazing, brunch is a favorite hobby.
I don't eat any seafood and don't try and convince me.

Caffeine
Cerebral conversations
Sex
My amazing friends
My amazing family
Work that challenges me

Goats...societal issues....coffee...sleep...the contrast of beauty and sadness in the world...food....napping.....tacos....how to procrastinate paperwork and not get in trouble.....what to watch next on Netflix....beer....French fries....

Drinking whiskey... sleeping...meeting new people.....working...eating gummi bears

I very much want a goat

You should message me if
I am at a point in my life where I love my life I have an amazing career, amazing friends, amazing family, and am emotionally stable. I have my poo poo together but enjoy my moments of irresponsibility, it keeps life interesting. I am smart and fun and can be an amazing companion. I am *very* open but still *very* selective

Talk with me some more and you'll find I'm all about honesty and making human connections.

Also if you live in Arizona, India, the uk, Rancho Cucamonga, etc etc etc I am *not* interested in you

The only exception to this is if you're French/Swiss/Belgian etc and want to be my French pen pal and help me practice

And to you 18-24 year olds... I'm flattered but not interested in fulfilling your fantasy of being with an older woman

Also as a note I'm not actually looking for casual sex, I just keep that category checked for the hilarity of the messages I receive.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Nirvikalpa posted:

My self-summary

I'm getting there,
Slowly but surely.
Every day is a journey.
I'm an L.A. native, SHOCKING!!!
I am a sex positive feminist.
My body is my canvas.
I've been told I'm "intense."
I've also been called a smart-rear end.
I find the brain to be one of the sexiest organs;
I also like "that's what she said" jokes.
I'm a master procrastinator.
I enjoy walking places.
My BA has absolutely nothing to do with my Masters.
I make really good comfort food (stew, mashed potatoes with onion and bacon, steak, breakfast food) , oh and I make mean peanut butter cookies
I'm a study in dichotomies, I'm equally into mindful meditation, hiking, and green juice as I am a good burger, napping, and terrible reality television.
I love random laundromat dance parties.
I love late night coffee when I know I should be sleeping.
I love hugs.
I love random texts to go have drinks.
I love dinners with my family.
INFJ/GGG

Gore Vidal once yelled at me that I should get cable...

Driving from one end of Los Angeles county to the other and saving the world!!!!

I’m really good at
Multitasking, ie watching Netflix and playing on my phone.

Tits or tattoos

Le Petit Prince forever and ever

I have broad and varied tastes in music, I wholeheartedly agree with Henry Rollins that "musical elitism is for lightweights"http://m.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2014/10/16/henry-rollins-musical-elitism-is-for-lightweights

Food is amazing, brunch is a favorite hobby.
I don't eat any seafood and don't try and convince me.

Caffeine
Cerebral conversations
Sex
My amazing friends
My amazing family
Work that challenges me

Goats...societal issues....coffee...sleep...the contrast of beauty and sadness in the world...food....napping.....tacos....how to procrastinate paperwork and not get in trouble.....what to watch next on Netflix....beer....French fries....

Drinking whiskey... sleeping...meeting new people.....working...eating gummi bears

I very much want a goat

You should message me if
I am at a point in my life where I love my life I have an amazing career, amazing friends, amazing family, and am emotionally stable. I have my poo poo together but enjoy my moments of irresponsibility, it keeps life interesting. I am smart and fun and can be an amazing companion. I am *very* open but still *very* selective

Talk with me some more and you'll find I'm all about honesty and making human connections.

Also if you live in Arizona, India, the uk, Rancho Cucamonga, etc etc etc I am *not* interested in you

The only exception to this is if you're French/Swiss/Belgian etc and want to be my French pen pal and help me practice

And to you 18-24 year olds... I'm flattered but not interested in fulfilling your fantasy of being with an older woman

Also as a note I'm not actually looking for casual sex, I just keep that category checked for the hilarity of the messages I receive.

where is the part where you are into cumswapping with your skellington boy toy and indian mongrel boyfriend?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Half these profiles aren't even that bad I think you're just a gaggle of boring gag inducing faggots tbh.
*Notices he poo poo his pants* haha! *giggle*

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Nirvikalpa posted:

My self-summary

I’m really good at

My running gear
My iPhone

My next run.

You should message me if

So, is she a size 16 in the US, or is this another country? 'Cause 16 is in the plus size section of most clothing stores.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

I like to hedge my bets and go for the digipen and bj on date 3 which if successful makes piv a guarantee for d4

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Bored posted:

So, is she a size 16 in the US, or is this another country? 'Cause 16 is in the plus size section of most clothing stores.

Yeah Size 16 isn't "average" or "curvy". Bitch be fat.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Jesus Christ, this one messaged me last night and barely 3 minutes into messaging me.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Risky posted:

Jesus Christ, this one messaged me last night and barely 3 minutes into messaging me.

Nice of her to let you know she's crazy and desperate right away, though.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Risky posted:

Are u ready man?????

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So how'd the exchange go after that?

I've never met that particular brand of clingy before, and was wondering how you extricated yourself. Did she realise how nuts she sounded, or react badly to the shutdown?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Risky posted:

dont nut in her puss use her rear end instead or u will regret it in 9 months

thats my garbage tip of the day

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Breetai posted:

I've never met that particular brand of clingy before, and was wondering how you extricated yourself. Did she realise how nuts she sounded, or react badly to the shutdown?

You stop responding.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
fadeaway like olajuwon

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Or, y'know, you can answer it honestly, because while it may have been abrupt, its a pretty reasonable question to ask of someone you're chatting with on a dating site.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The B_36 posted:

Or, y'know, you can answer it honestly, because while it may have been abrupt, its a pretty reasonable question to ask of someone you're chatting with on a dating site.

Yeah man I'm asking people that question all the time after talking to them for five minutes without having met, then I loving murder them in their sleep by making GBS threads into their mouth and nostrils while holding their mouth closed.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
Are you ready for a relationship??? cus this poo poo already started and we're on a runaway train now

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

Yeah man I'm asking people that question all the time after talking to them for five minutes without having met, then I loving murder them in their sleep by making GBS threads into their mouth and nostrils while holding their mouth closed.

Well, then you have some serious psychological issues that need to be addressed by a trained mental health professional.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
At least she did the polite thing and used two question marks to emphasize how crazy that fur patch between her legs has made her. Judging by that tiny avatar of hers I'd still fire-hose-skeet all over her.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The B_36 posted:

Well, then you have some serious psychological issues that need to be addressed by a trained mental health professional.

Didn't know.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

Didn't know.

I feel like I should be more clear on this point - you need psychological help for the murdering and mouth making GBS threads part, not the "asking if they're ready for a relationship" part. That part is more reasonable, tho you may want to get to know the person a little bit before asking that question. The murdering part is less forgiveable.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

JebanyPedal posted:

You stop responding.

That's the sane thing, yes, but face it: we're here for comedy.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The B_36 posted:

I feel like I should be more clear on this point - you need psychological help for the murdering and mouth making GBS threads part, not the "asking if they're ready for a relationship" part. That part is more reasonable, tho you may want to get to know the person a little bit before asking that question. The murdering part is less forgiveable.

:spergin:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

The B_36 posted:

It's the internet it's not social interaction, you don't owe anybody niceties.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i feel like you're basically common law married if you exchange more than 2 messages with them anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky
May 18, 2003

Breetai posted:

Just made more small talk and then I told her I was gonna crash. She then msged me her phone number and told me to text her tomorrow... I still haven't.

The B_36 posted:

In Jebany's defense, she didn't even tell me her name before she busted that line out.

Risky fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 29, 2015

• Locked thread