Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Robert E. Lee posted:

★ In a public video, one or more of your members must appear in person and apologize - to my friends, not to me - making particular apology to my female friend upon which rape remarks were used in order to get to me.

this might be funny is a hostage video context...

It was nice of him to make poo poo up in a demand that we stop making poo poo up. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Any pubbie that says anything mean to Xean is an Agent of Dental and must take responsibility for their actions. It is the price of peace.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Lagomorphic posted:

Any pubbie that says anything mean to Xean is an Agent of Dental and must take responsibility for their actions. It is the price of peace.

Dental alts make up about 80% of the player population on Risa at any given time.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Could be for the winter event. Though it is a little soon.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

750 Zen for a marriage license seems kind of expensive, but the huge bonuses when you're grouped with your spouse might be worth it I guess.

The fact you can only get gay married with it seems restrictive but it makes sense when you think about what's going on in the news.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Lagomorphic posted:

I really hope this means we're finally getting a T6 Constituion.

I could see it happening, especially with a turret RoF bonus to better emulate the movie appearance.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
gently caress I wish turretboats were actually viable.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Single cannons/turrets are... okay still kind of crap, but get the visual down without sacrificing quite as much as a full turret boat.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Because there aren't enough dil sinks in the game as it is. Also, the percentage increase for the final project on the list are pathetically small.

Robert E. Lee posted:

★ In a public video, one or more of your members must appear in person and apologize - to my friends, not to me - making particular apology to my female friend upon which rape remarks were used in order to get to me.
A friend gets rape threats, and Xean still manages to make it all about him.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Asimo posted:

Single cannons/turrets are... okay still kind of crap, but get the visual down without sacrificing quite as much as a full turret boat.

I have one that I use with an Eclipse that does interesting things with surgical strikes. Not my full time thing but just something to screw around with on an alt.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

g0del posted:

Because there aren't enough dil sinks in the game as it is. Also, the percentage increase for the final project on the list are pathetically small.

The only people who fear rape around xean are every woman he has ever met.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Any idea how many Fleet Credit each of those +1 slots for traits & whatever are going to cost ?

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 28, 2015

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

g0del posted:

To be fair he did do all the hard work of making up the entire rape threat story.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MREBoy posted:

Any idea how many Fleet Credit each of those +1 slots for traits & whatever are going to cost ?

Based on past stuff probably 200k each.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I responded to the initial response he gave me. I hope he doesn't poo poo himself and reply with half the poo poo I wrote and tell me how much of a fuckball I am.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Dicking around in gimp with some ideas for sigs for the new animated gif forums PWE decided to bless us with:

Could do a fake Cyrillic font like STДЯFLЗЭT DЗИTДL instead, maybe add a sparkle to the teeth or something I don't know.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 28, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Sooooo there's some weird glitch in Fifty Shades of Blue Into Dorkness and the whole thing will need to be started from scratch. :Cryptic:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Not sure if any of you liked the Delta Recruitment/Propaganda posters on the loading screens, but Thomas posted his in full res on his deviant art page.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Propaganda for sfd in sto? Time to get my old ones. I lost the original psd files, so I'll have to start from scratch :smith:

Escaping the new starbase:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Oh I like that second one.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I can remember posing for this with crystal clarity, but I don't recall the poster. Where has this poo poo been hiding, Butts? What else do you have secreted away and why the hell didn't you submit a propaganda piece for the last Wesley Christmas?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Crazy xean's latest crazy rant

quote:

Above all I have mentioned, your fleet attempts to derail my threads including this fleet thread, insults my friends to get to me besides the usual personal offensive remarks and yet you expect respect? You've just proved your group's in line with the same twisted thinking that makes some think they have the authority to bully people because their group believes they can get away with it and gain respect. All that bragging about support from "staff" behind the scenes may make your group think it's "superior" and above the rules. I don't. The only hole is the one you've tried to dig for others to no avail only to find yourselves in it. The only war the rage conjured in your minds when you cannot gain frivolous satisfaction and superiority over those acutely aware of your methods as I.

The facts are the amount of people who despise your group far exceeds any number who have even heard of mine. If anyone despises me at all, it is through the provocative lies your group has deliberately spread to attempt making me feel as antagonized, isolated and worthless as possible for their self-gratification. Only a fraction of the people in the NoP Public Service channel are even aware of what your group really engages in and some are friends of mine, including under cover of your own fleet; where there is secret dissent. As more people find out what kind of game you truly play and the methods you use, even more will despise your group.

I have all the evidence to prove SomethingAwful and affiliates Dental are among online groups who exploit and abuse STO, while doing the same to people; to cause for sport as much real life interference as possible, for as much distress as possible to individuals. I know your members have actively searched and compiled as much information as they can about me and others. I know they have and continue to actively search for my address and personal information. I can prove you are cyber-bullies, that you support and propagate others of your ilk and more to those whose business it is to know; starting with the Administrators of Star Trek Online.

The actions of SomethingAwful's members in attempting to tarnish STO with their psychologically sadistic tactics are not just reprehensible, but a disgrace to an otherwise wonderfully pleasant MMORPG and every principle of understanding Trek stands for. You want to continue covering for those hiding behind a computer while cowardly engaging in illicit deeds, it's your accounts; use them as you will. I'm not going to stop you online. What I will do online is continue to act accordingly with intelligence to prevent your group's detrimental ways from affecting others further.

You group has picked on the wrong man. There is nothing you can do to intimidate me. Your smug response only serves to further the disdain held for online groups like yours and their harmful activities. Even if some succeed in causing harm, the ultimate consequences for behavior thus, are for your group and those involved to bear, not mine. Your group will not cause me to become autistic, a mass-murderer, or alter my mind from reality, as your members have repeatedly publicly insinuated. We do not negotiate with cyber-bullies and will not accept any apologies unless backed by deeds as aforementioned.

As for the repeated behavior of your members on this and other threads; we are not your fleet and this is not your thread. Your goal here regardless whatever excuses, was as with others; to make sure this thread gets shut down through derailment, flaming and interference. That is not welcome here.

EDIT: Further postings will be taken into account. I have all confidence @pwlaughingtrendy / forum mods will be keen. Kindly I request of mods, please leave this thread open with this and the last 2 posts intact even if you edit recruitment references to their fleet; as example that trying to undermine STO and these forums through such tactics is a futile effort.

I now distance myself and return to more important matters. ~~~ Xean

I realized that xean literally writes manifestos like one of those psycho killers.

He got kicked off some website where people critique each other's poetry for sending threats to people, in like 2011?

I'm kind of worried he's gonna shoot up a dentist's office where he lives or something, and leave behind one of his delusional psycho manifesto rants.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
If you read through that thread on the poetry site, the same familiar words keep popping up when referencing Xean: self obsessed, narcissistic, delusional. Everyone seems to get his number pretty fast except himself.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah I've been checking out the forums and found some fun threads:

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12569773/
http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12576793/
:nws:http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1192452/is-delta-rising-the-best-expansion-and-do-the-players-love-it/p1:nws:

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

Asimo posted:

The snakeman polaron arrays also mimic the style with even less sacrifice.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
According to that :nws: link, moderators can't do anything in the general discussion forum-- they need to find an admin, instead.

What kind of idiotic-- oh, nevermind. It's STO.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Mondian posted:

I can remember posing for this with crystal clarity, but I don't recall the poster. Where has this poo poo been hiding, Butts? What else do you have secreted away and why the hell didn't you submit a propaganda piece for the last Wesley Christmas?

Last Christmas I was busy working my rear end off outside the gaming world. I was far away from STO. Now that I'm kind of back, maybe I'll make more propaganda for you guys.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

According to that :nws: link, moderators can't do anything in the general discussion forum-- they need to find an admin, instead.

What kind of idiotic-- oh, nevermind. It's STO.
In fairness, at least this is PWE's fuckup instead of Cryptic. :downs: I have never seen a game company more inept at anything with the web, it really highlights the whole "fly by night Chinese outfit" feeling.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

hakimashou posted:

Crazy xean's latest crazy rant

I realized that xean literally writes manifestos like one of those psycho killers.

He got kicked off some website where people critique each other's poetry for sending threats to people, in like 2011?

I'm kind of worried he's gonna shoot up a dentist's office where he lives or something, and leave behind one of his delusional psycho manifesto rants.

I wonder what it's like to interact with someone like that in real life. Does he hide it well or does everyone around him know that someone kind of "off" is going on there?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Soviet Commubot posted:

I wonder what it's like to interact with someone like that in real life. Does he hide it well or does everyone around him know that someone kind of "off" is going on there?
The latter. Definitely the latter.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Asimo posted:

In fairness, at least this is PWE's fuckup instead of Cryptic. :downs: I have never seen a game company more inept at anything with the web, it really highlights the whole "fly by night Chinese outfit" feeling.

Chinese Overlords.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Asimo posted:

Let me tell you about Square-Enix.

Though, I think in their case, it's more due to them having a mortal fear of the internet and needing to control absolutely everything than being incompetent or lazy and cheap.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

New BOFF powers found on tribble

Focused assault is a Tactical power, its just using a Command Power icon as temp.

They are available in ranks from Lt to commander, they are not in BOFF power store, and they don't say they require a lock box.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 29, 2015

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
If nothing else, this should allow for even more hilariously high DPS records by the groups willing to put together a team specifically built to buff a single player.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

You can now access the research base on tribble they also added Fleet Marks and Fleet Credits to the Tribble Test Vendor for testing.

What is a easy way to get common quality DOFFs? For testing on tribble.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 29, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

g0del posted:

If nothing else, this should allow for even more hilariously high DPS records by the groups willing to put together a team specifically built to buff a single player.
What, are you implying that those 180k+ DPS records set by a tac in a scimitar with four recluses specifically babying them in ISE aren't representative? :argh:

Tuskin38 posted:

Easiest is probably buying them from the starbase with your fleet credits, if you find a fleet that's leveled one up enough there. :v: Otherwise grabbing a bunch of doff packs and copying the character over and over and transferring them to the char actually doing the testing.

In unrelated news, Cryptic apparently forgot to allow either version of the Arbiter to equip the cloaking device console, despite it being an advertised feature and it work just fine on the Avenger. :downs: Not that there's really a point in using it, but it's yet another example of how pathetic their quality control is. On the upside, you can at least make the Arbiter look pretty nice if you kitbash in some of the Avenger bits.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Tuskin38 posted:

Melting down your doffs at the academy will get you shitloads of white doffs.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Asimo posted:

Easiest is probably buying them from the starbase with your fleet credits, if you find a fleet that's leveled one up enough there. :v: Otherwise grabbing a bunch of doff packs and copying the character over and over and transferring them to the char actually doing the testing.

Don't fleet bases only sell Uncommon and higher?

Lagomorphic posted:

Ah I forgot about that.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Don't fleet bases only sell Uncommon and higher?
Nah they definitely offer commons too, otherwise shoveling thousands of the fuckers into the starbase would have been even more annoying. :negative:

Lagomorphic posted:

This is the better option though yeah, it's not like you care about your doffs on tribble and you get exponential results from grinding down your purples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Now the real problem, having space to grind down the doffs.

• Locked thread