Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I’m tempted to level up Soul Slinger, but I’m concerned that I should keep all my points spent on Eldar Dwarf. Was hoping to at least buy Astral Child some point as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Is there some way to level up heroes that I am missing? My account is now 52 but my highest hero is like 46. I've been saving exp potions for when I inevitably upgrade my angel, but I do have 7 training slots going full time and consistently use all stamina.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Have you levelled up any of your training slots?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Boozie posted:

I’m tempted to level up Soul Slinger, but I’m concerned that I should keep all my points spent on Eldar Dwarf. Was hoping to at least buy Astral Child some point as well.

Elder Dwarf can hold his own better at 2*. Soul Slinger becomes a total skillstick once he gets to 3*, whereas Elder Dwarf just gets tankier.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Anyone ranked in top 500-1000 and/or 1000-1500 in arena? Trying to determine reward breakpoints. Top 5000, is 100, top 2000 is 150 (happy surprise). I don't think I should dip in to the top 1000 just yet but I'm curious as to the rewards.

[e] Do the Angel Trial fights get harder relative to your level and/or br or are the strength of the fights static?

Boozie fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 29, 2015

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Boozie posted:

Anyone ranked in top 500-1000 and/or 1000-1500 in arena? Trying to determine reward breakpoints. Top 5000, is 100, top 2000 is 150 (happy surprise). I don't think I should dip in to the top 1000 just yet but I'm curious as to the rewards.

[e] Do the Angel Trial fights get harder relative to your level and/or br or are the strength of the fights static?

They get harder, I've gotten wiped out at 38 two days in a row now whenever I run into pure "gently caress YOU AND DIE" teams comprised of beefy frontliners and DoT assfuckers (Amazon Hunter and Grimbow, I'm looking at you :argh: ).

Incidentally I just got my amazon hunter to purple :v:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Boozie posted:

#200-500 is 250, and #500-1,000 is 200. I usually hang out in the high 400 range so I can just do five squash matches per day for an easy 10 arena points, the devotion, and the event if there is one.

The angel trial enemies scale with your level. I don't know if it's average level like in HC, or you league level, or BR. I did notice the easy match remains below your team's BR until floor 40 or so. I usually skip 25 floors (getting the hard difficulty rewards), then the next five fights (27, 29, 31, 33, and 34) I do on medium. After that, all easy fights 3*ed will keep me in the top 100 for the 400 point reward, for a total of 1,550/day.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I have no idea how wharf loot gathering goes, but I figure plundering 6 scrubs a day and keeping 3 hour mines up during the day with a 12 at night is a good way to get as many loot points as I can

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Coolspaz posted:

I have no idea how wharf loot gathering goes, but I figure plundering 6 scrubs a day and keeping 3 hour mines up during the day with a 12 at night is a good way to get as many loot points as I can

Raid "TeamElven" as often as you can because they're catching up to us, and I assume loot stolen from them counts against their total.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
It's a plan if you don't pull your hair out with the massive disconnections you have in the wharf.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

padijun posted:

I usually skip 25 floors (getting the hard difficulty rewards), then the next five fights (27, 29, 31, 33, and 34) I do on medium. After that, all easy fights 3*ed will keep me in the top 100 for the 400 point reward, for a total of 1,550/day.

Interesting, so the rewards increase with your level as well then. I have been doing up to 34 on hard, and get ranked just barely in the top 100.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Boozie posted:

Interesting, so the rewards increase with your level as well then. I have been doing up to 34 on hard, and get ranked just barely in the top 100.

You get 1,150 points out of just the chests if you get all the way to 50. So go as high as you can, even if it means you have to cut down to easy, then the next day you get the star and point rewards for hard on all the levels you skip. It makes it easier and easier to get to 50 because you can buy the best upgrades and don't have to buy rage/health. More stars and +s on your heroes also help because I'm pretty sure it just goes by level or league level, not BR.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Tony Homo posted:

It's a plan if you don't pull your hair out with the massive disconnections you have in the wharf.

This. So frustrating! The amount of times I've tried to loot somebody, and then get a dc is mind boggling. Most times I just think gently caress it, and forget about it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

If they don't fix the connectivity issues by the end of my current daily card thing, I'm done.

I literally can't do poo poo in game right now. Oh well, 3 months for $65 spent is better than I get out of most AAA $60 games.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I haven't had any connectivity issues since they gave out a bunch of free poo poo for connectivity issues about a week ago. Every now and then it gets hung up on something in wharf but that's pretty rare.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Same here. It's frustrating and I have other games to occupy my time. It was fun while it lasted. That's assuming they don't fix the issues. I have 12 days More on my daily gems.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
I've had light issues sometimes regarding the wharf but rarely if ever anything else. The most frustrating part of the game for me is getting to the last fight in the angel trial and it's a "gently caress you" full damage squad with 3+ DoT and a Djinni.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I have a feast up with 9 min left on it as of this post.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I wonder what level or BR I need to have to not have all 4 of my wharf extractors raided

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Just 5* my elder dwarf. Hes level 66 with max hp rune right now.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
nice, I'm at 116 stones so I should get mine tomorrow, looking forward to it. He's a beast.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Wow, connection issues are super rampant right now, looking forward to free poo poo for all this bullshit today

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Yea, tried to play during my lunch break. Couldn't do a single thing, everything I tried was greeted with the loading and connection failed message.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm getting kinda burnt out on this game, so feel free to delete me from the guild.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Not only are the disconnects rampant but this morning I saw that we only got the last place boss, and threw a few attempts at it. Now I come back to grab the reward chests and we're on the 2nd-3rd place boss instead? :confused:

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Dreylad posted:

Not only are the disconnects rampant but this morning I saw that we only got the last place boss, and threw a few attempts at it. Now I come back to grab the reward chests and we're on the 2nd-3rd place boss instead? :confused:

Noticed that as well, but it still showed my damage on the 2nd place boss

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Well they sent out 400 gems and a message that it's "fixed," which I presume means the wharf is back to being fucky only half the time and the other disconnects will be back to their regular amount

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

padijun posted:

Well they sent out 400 gems and a message that it's "fixed," which I presume means the wharf is back to being fucky only half the time and the other disconnects will be back to their regular amount

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Yep wharf is still disconnecty. Took me about 30 mins to get my 3 attacks in on the boss there.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm kinda done, between the disconnects and the realization I'm spending about two hours a day on this when I could be doing more productive things, ehh...

I got over 2 months for my money. No regrets. I'm gonna still log in to dump my stam on elites and collect my freebie diamonds so I can throw up superfeasts every so often for you guys.

e: Any feasts I put down will be at 2100 server. I'll post before I do. There will be one tonight if I don't forget.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 2, 2015

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm kinda done, between the disconnects and the realization I'm spending about two hours a day on this when I could be doing more productive things, ehh...

I got over 2 months for my money. No regrets. I'm gonna still log in to dump my stam on elites and collect my freebie diamonds so I can throw up superfeasts every so often for you guys.

e: Any feasts I put down will be at 2100 server. I'll post before I do. There will be one tonight if I don't forget.

I think I'm gonna really half rear end this game, and move on to something else, seems most of the guild is doing so as well

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yea I'm basically gonna keep half-assing it now that nothing works. It's too bad because the game is pretty fun. If the servers/connection issues ever get fixed I'd probably get back into it.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I am going to keep going strong for the most part, the only thing I half rear end now is the wharf. I was doing 3 hour mines on the dot but that's just too tiring to keep up anymore. Also the wharf connections are killing me, I've lost a few plunders due to just not being able connect in those 10 minutes. Does anyone have a problem with opening up to the public if we keep losing people? I feel like kicking after 5 days offline is reasonable.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Envgard posted:

I am going to keep going strong for the most part, the only thing I half rear end now is the wharf. I was doing 3 hour mines on the dot but that's just too tiring to keep up anymore. Also the wharf connections are killing me, I've lost a few plunders due to just not being able connect in those 10 minutes. Does anyone have a problem with opening up to the public if we keep losing people? I feel like kicking after 5 days offline is reasonable.

I'm ok with some randoms, will make wharf wars better for us

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Yea. Include anyone at this point.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'll make envgard leader since I'm not playing as much

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
it really frustrates me how the connection issues pretty much kill this game because without them the game is a blast

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

I havent been having any problems today. If yall quit though im gonna jump ship I guess

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Disconnection problems are a little less for me today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Another 2100 feast today. Then I am tapped on gems for a bit.

e: i forgot lmao

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 4, 2015

• Locked thread