Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Friar Zucchini posted:

Seen it myself. Girl in tech scoo was generally a grade-A slut and hosed pretty much every guy there except me, but also happened to be married, and what really got their attention was she had a solid side-thing with an instructor. After like a year on casuals, her rear end is gone cause she couldn't get her clearance.

ask me about how I was introduced to OSI
edit: Oh yeah, there's a baby involved now. Husband probably thinks it's his :rolleyes:
What was her job? Sounds familiar but that's probably because it happens all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I was just asking in general I don't swing, my wife will barely have sex with just me in any case.

What you described is just cheatin' in general. I was simply curious if they treat group sex differently.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

I was just asking in general I don't swing, my wife will barely have sex with just me in any case.

What you described is just cheatin' in general. I was simply curious if they treat group sex differently.

Depends on who you're swinging with

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I had to go to an enlisted call today and some dipshit linguist was all "uhhh, how come I don't get to go to any cool assignments?" Probably because you're a loving linguist and you picked Spanish. Guess what, San Antonio is the only place you can go. It's easier to just send someone's phone conversation straight to you instead of wasting money PCSing you.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Cojawfee posted:

I had to go to an enlisted call today and some dipshit linguist was all "uhhh, how come I don't get to go to any cool assignments?" Probably because you're a loving linguist and you picked Spanish. Guess what, San Antonio is the only place you can go. It's easier to just send someone's phone conversation straight to you instead of wasting money PCSing you.

Counterpoint: Our Korean linguist in Afghanistan.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

What was her job? Sounds familiar but that's probably because it happens all the time.
Linguist. Urdu.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
At least I waited to get out before helping someone commit adultery, goddamn.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Friar Zucchini posted:

Linguist. Urdu.

I'm assuming this happened at DLI, but odds are equally good it was at Goodfellow.

Atall
May 23, 2012
It was at DLI. The instructor went from SSgt to A1C and just got booted out of the USAF. He spent some time in jail too.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
We just had someone lose her clearance up here because her divorce wasn't finalized yet and she banged like 15 guys, including one dumb loving piece of poo poo narc she didn't want to keep banging, so he sold her out to the shirt. This kicked off a huge investigation that's caused three confirmed LoRs, the aforementioned clearance loss, and the loving narc becoming even more of a social pariah. Honestly they should forbid issuing marriage licenses to people at DLI, and possibly force anyone who's married when they arrive to get a divorce.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Are you punished for loving? What the gently caress kind of rule is that?

I get not screwing your superior or vice versa but... What?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Affi posted:

Are you punished for loving? What the gently caress kind of rule is that?

I get not screwing your superior or vice versa but... What?

Only the military can gently caress you.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Softface posted:

Honestly they should forbid issuing marriage licenses to people at DLI, and possibly force anyone who's married when they arrive to get a divorce.
I think age may be a factor as well. There's a couple from my class that were dating for like a year before they got married, and they were like mid-20s with some actual life experience before DLI. The couples that end up doing dumb poo poo tend to be younger.

Atall posted:

He spent some time in jail too.
Well poo poo son :stare:

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jun 30, 2015

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Friar Zucchini posted:

I think age may be a factor as well. There's a couple from my class that were dating for like a year before they got married, and they were like mid-20s with some actual life experience before DLI. The couples that end up doing dumb poo poo tend to be younger.
Well poo poo son :stare:

Online marriage is a joke too. Some sailor got married to his chick back home, claimed she was living at his address (his parents place in the Bronx) while she was going to school in Boston. He couldnt be bothered to fly her out to marry her in person because he was broke but when the first BAH check came rolling in he buys a watch for over $1000. Then makes a $500 bet he loses. Then dunks his non-waterproof watch and buys a replacement. He never did bring out his wife in the six months I knew him.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

Online marriage is a joke too. Some sailor got married to his chick back home, claimed she was living at his address (his parents place in the Bronx) while she was going to school in Boston. He couldnt be bothered to fly her out to marry her in person because he was broke but when the first BAH check came rolling in he buys a watch for over $1000. Then makes a $500 bet he loses. Then dunks his non-waterproof watch and buys a replacement. He never did bring out his wife in the six months I knew him.

Sounds like he's doing the military marriage thing correctly

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My mom was deployed to Kuwait one time with this guy who would blow tons of money every paycheck on bootleg movies and jewelry for himself. Then get on the DNS phone in the office and scream at his wife for spending $30 at Walmart.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Casimir Radon posted:

My mom was deployed to Kuwait one time with this guy who would blow tons of money every paycheck on bootleg movies and jewelry for himself. Then get on the DNS phone in the office and scream at his wife for spending $30 at Walmart.

Bootleg movies cost $1

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
we had a guy buy his girlfriend an engagement ring on deployment from one of the places at KAF

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Cole posted:

we had a guy buy his girlfriend an engagement ring on deployment from one of the places at KAF

Did they also sell those kooky rifles with the bits of pearl and tacky poo poo all over them on KAF? He should have gotten one for the engagement photos would've been a cool accompaniment for the ring

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I bought a couple of nice rugs, a hookah (I broke the base about a year ago), and a fancy looking cigar torch from a high-end store in Dubai that lasted about a year before getting clogged.

Oh, and an enormous Breitling knockoff for like $25. Which somehow still loving works.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of khyber pass rifles, when did they stop allowing that poo poo on base? Because they sure as poo poo weren't selling any guns when I got there in 09.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Bootleg movies cost $1

$5 when i was there

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
cartons of smokes were $5 when i was there. probably could have made a killing in the states if i had any sense.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
$5 a pack is what happens when some dumb gently caress agrees to pay that much, so then the muds know they can sucker all soldiers into paying that much.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
i think the most scared i've ever been in my life was when the afghan police hooked me up with one of those $5 cartons and charged me $20 and i never paid them.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Bootleg movies cost $1
The point is he was blowing through assloads of money in typical junior enlisted style, then bitching his wife out for reasonable household expenses.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Mike-o posted:

$5 a pack is what happens when some dumb gently caress agrees to pay that much, so then the muds know they can sucker all soldiers into paying that much.

He said carton, not pack. I bought 3 cartons for $12.

My truck driver got ripped off hardcore by some kid selling red bull on the side of the road in marjah. All he had was a $5 so when he negotiated for some red bulls for like $2 or something, the kid gave him the red bulls and took off with the $5. Then our convoy took off so he couldn't do poo poo about it. I think it was like 1 or 2 cans of red bull he got for that $5.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Cole posted:

cartons of smokes were $5 when i was there. probably could have made a killing in the states if i had any sense.

it was $10 for a carton of Davidoffs in Iraq when i was there

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

USMC503 posted:

My truck driver got ripped off hardcore by some kid selling red bull on the side of the road in marjah. All he had was a $5 so when he negotiated for some red bulls for like $2 or something, the kid gave him the red bulls and took off with the $5. Then our convoy took off so he couldn't do poo poo about it. I think it was like 1 or 2 cans of red bull he got for that $5.

Truly hardcore ripoff

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
On our first day with the outgoing unit in Afghanistan, they took us to the bazaar. Some gently caress tried charging me $10 for a carton of smokes. I called it good if he threw in a loose pack of some brand I'd never seen before- still a ripoff but they weren't Miamis/Seven Stars/Pines/cheap poo poo, so whatever.

When I handed him the bill, he gave me the loose pack and put the carton away.

Some loving lieutenant comes in, sees me arguing with the dude, and immediately pulls me aside to impart the importance of community relations. I hope they're both dead now.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

USMC503 posted:

sometimes I don't read good because of my dumb grunt brain

Victor Vermis posted:

Some loving lieutenant comes in, sees me arguing with the dude, and immediately pulls me aside to impart the importance of community relations. I hope they're both dead now.

same

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

On our first day with the outgoing unit in Afghanistan, they took us to the bazaar. Some gently caress tried charging me $10 for a carton of smokes. I called it good if he threw in a loose pack of some brand I'd never seen before- still a ripoff but they weren't Miamis/Seven Stars/Pines/cheap poo poo, so whatever.

When I handed him the bill, he gave me the loose pack and put the carton away.

shouldve done the whole village man

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

have you heard about the ramrod kill team?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Did the opposite. Between cases of Korean energy drinks and cartons of Seven Stars, the amount of cash I dropped on the region was second only to the fat stacks Uncle Sugar rained on its mud farmers for their mud-based projects.

Mud bridges.

Mud canals.

Mud country one.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

The point is he was blowing through assloads of money in typical junior enlisted style, then bitching his wife out for reasonable household expenses.

My favorite was this kid we had who was a mechanic and never left the base, but would buy up every piece of SpecOps gear that the PX had. If he couldn't find a place to fit it to his flak or rifle he'd literally sew something together into a drop rig or some random rear end poo poo. Then, at night, he'd get on the spawar phone with whatever he'd left back in the states and yell at her for doing things like getting an oil change or buying a movie, etc, before going off on her about how he was over there watching his friends die and just trying to survive. It was lulz worthy until he broke a river city and called home to tell her that we'd lost an entire tank crew to a canal flip and then started going on about how he was there for the ensuing ambush and had killed a dozen or so jihadi's.

Unfortunately the mass confrontation the platoon gave him about an hour later did nothing to quell his habits. He's a DI now, I'm sure he tells his recruits all sorts of fake stories about Iraq.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

LCL-Dead posted:

My favorite was this kid we had who was a mechanic and never left the base, but would buy up every piece of SpecOps gear that the PX had. If he couldn't find a place to fit it to his flak or rifle he'd literally sew something together into a drop rig or some random rear end poo poo. Then, at night, he'd get on the spawar phone with whatever he'd left back in the states and yell at her for doing things like getting an oil change or buying a movie, etc, before going off on her about how he was over there watching his friends die and just trying to survive. It was lulz worthy until he broke a river city and called home to tell her that we'd lost an entire tank crew to a canal flip and then started going on about how he was there for the ensuing ambush and had killed a dozen or so jihadi's.

Unfortunately the mass confrontation the platoon gave him about an hour later did nothing to quell his habits. He's a DI now, I'm sure he tells his recruits all sorts of fake stories about Iraq.

Holy poo poo, what went downhill with DI screenings that he got through? I mean, I blame peacetime, but drat.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

PathAsc posted:

Holy poo poo, what went downhill with DI screenings that he got through? I mean, I blame peacetime, but drat.

Downhill? When I was going through boot and we got our loaner DI from the DI school for the crucible he fell out on the first forced march out past the rifle range. This was back in 05.

He had a picture of his DI team up on bookface not too long ago and it made me laugh. He's the Senior DI now for his platoon and is the only one with a combat action ribbon, but it just brought back the memory of how our Captain blanketed the platoon so that he and the other H&S elements that never left the wire could get theirs. I would love to be a fly on the wall while he talks to see what stories he tells. If the ones he told after his 7 months in a mechanic tent outside of Fallujah are anything to go by I'm sure they've evolved into something quite epic by this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
I'm the idiot

Earlier in the night my rear end exploded into a toilet because cheap ramen + liquor = :smith:

later i risked a fart while peeing at a bar and lost. i'm down a pair of underwear :(

Then I took like 5 shots and ran four miles around town trying to find my friends and blacked out

hooah