Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

hadji murad posted:

Some reports saying Begovic and Chelsea have made an agreement, would be fine with this.

gently caress Chelsea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
extraordinarily lazy west ham transfer roundup:

"Stewart Downing is being chased, not just by Sunderland and Middlesbrough, but by Newcastle and Leicester. Leicester are thought to be willing to pay £7 million.

Angelo Ogbonna, the Juventus defender, is said to be close to signing for West Ham for around £10 million.

Mohamed Salah, the Chelsea winger, linked to West Ham during the week, is likely to sign for Fiorentina.

Aymen Abdennour is another defender being linked with the club. He is Tunisian and plays for Monaco and would be expensive. KUMB Abdennour have a good article about him.

Loic Remy and Charlie Austin continue to be linked by various papers.

Kyle Bartley, the Swansea defender, is said to interest West Ham and Aston Villa. More HERE?.

Carlos Tevez has rejoined Boca Juniors. Well that’s that then.

Alex Song and Carl Jenkinson are both set to re-sign this week, according to various newspapers."

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Ewar Woowar posted:

gently caress Chelsea.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Jose posted:

I'd like Newcastle to sign someone
current theory is we're waiting on both July 1st - some financial reporting conspiracy I don't quite understand - and for Schteve to really get a look at the players.

I wish we'd hurry up too.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Hoops posted:

Why are they bidding so much for Sergio Ramos? He's 30, he has terrible games and he gets sent off quite a lot. I don't understand. If the point of signing players is to win more/lose less games, then De Gea is infinitely more valuable than one old centre back.

Even if it's s foregone conclusion that he's going to Madrid, I don't get at all why they will spend most of the money on Ramos, who will then also be on higher wages.

He wont get sent off half as much in the Premier League as La Liga.

I like it as a signing tbh because we need an experienced centre half especially if De Gea is going.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

blue footed boobie posted:

Just saying that it doesn't seem to be a thing outside of whatever Swansea things you're reading

I'm glad.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

tetsuo posted:

current theory is we're waiting on both July 1st - some financial reporting conspiracy I don't quite understand - and for Schteve to really get a look at the players.

I wish we'd hurry up too.

A load of people reckon Van Ginkel is gonna be confirmed today so that's a start. Luc Costaignos (sp?) missed training recently which has made people think he wants out of Twente, maybe for a little reunion with Steve, but probably not!!!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I would be pretty surprised if Ramos leaves Real.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sergio Ramos is the best defender in la liga

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Sergio Ramos is the best defender in la liga

He's really good op and it's strange a lot of posters on here think he's poo poo.

I'm saying that I think Mascherano is the best centre back in La Liga which is impressive given he's a midfielder.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

why did tevez leave italy?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

No good restaurants

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Gervinho's move to Al Jazira is now off, because he was demanding that the club provide him a helicopter and a private beach

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

The Big Taff Man posted:

Well that's alright then. :rolleyes:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

greazeball posted:

No good restaurants

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kcer posted:

A load of people reckon Van Ginkel is gonna be confirmed today so that's a start. Luc Costaignos (sp?) missed training recently which has made people think he wants out of Twente, maybe for a little reunion with Steve, but probably not!!!

Isn't van ginkel a defensive midfielder? We've got enough of those

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Jose posted:

Isn't van ginkel a defensive midfielder? We've got enough of those

from the like 2 times i've seen him play he can play anywhere in midfield but doesn't really excel anywhere

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Yeah by all accounts he wasn't great at Milan last season. GD probably knows.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

No he's not. They bought him outright a while ago.

Well when you reject 30m bid after buying him a season ago for 8m, despite players wishes to move on, then promise him he can move on after next season, only to reject bids and only accept bids from a team he doesn't want to go to and try to force him to go there against his wishes only because they'll pay 5m more, your being pretty shady.

Most players would force a transfer for less than the buyout. They have the ability too and Porto players have done it before. Jackson has served the club faithfully for a lot longer then he should have. Some would say he's thrown his career away there. A lot of people say he's not good because he didn't move after just a season or two in Portugal. Poisoning the water with one of your biggest stars over 5m euros is a stupid thing to do.

Not sure any of this is true

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

You should be.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

I like it as a signing tbh because we need an experienced centre half especially if De Gea is going.

Lol, most of Ramos reds has been because he does insane over the top stuff that would def get him sent off in Premier League as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGqZFJ_3--Y

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
I've never really rated Ramos as a defender but he is a loving nutcase and the team has been lacking in that department recently. (we miss you Patrice)

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Sergio Ramos is crap

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Hegay posted:

Lol, most of Ramos reds has been because he does insane over the top stuff that would def get him sent off in Premier League as well

What did ozil get sent off for, and what was ronaldo doing? Thanks.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Hegay posted:

Wouldnt even be a yellow in the Prem

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bape Culture posted:

Lmao I hope this is true

I kinda do too. It's a shitload of money but I'm not a United shareholder so I don't give a gently caress if they spend more of the Glazers' money. And he would be a better defender than Antonio Valencia and many of the other options United currently have.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for tomorrow when the transfer window opens proper and we'll see some proper moves, phwoar

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Breath Ray posted:

What did ozil get sent off for, and what was ronaldo doing? Thanks.

He was shown a red for clapping at the ref

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Hope this is the season they get serious about brandishing an imaginary card.

In owls news, Sheffield Wednesday defender 'Big' Glenn Loovens has signed a one-year deal and Braga defender Vincent Sasso has joined the club on a season-long loan deal.

Loovens, 31, joined the Owls in November 2013 and has made 48 league appearances for the Championship side.

The Dutchman helped Wednesday keep 17 clean sheets last season, equalling the record they set in the 1978-79 season.

Meanwhile, Frenchman Sasso, 24, has also been with Nantes and SC Beira Mar and is a central defender or full-back.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

kcer posted:

Yeah by all accounts he wasn't great at Milan last season. GD probably knows.

He was better than Essien and Muntari, who inexplicably started ahead of him until they were both injured, but I think anyone would have been. He was ok, not great. Whoever said that he can play anywhere in midfield but excels nowhere was right.

trem_two posted:

Gervinho's move to Al Jazira is now off, because he was demanding that the club provide him a helicopter and a private beach

Can't blame him for asking.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

trem_two posted:

Good. No point in going from Roma to a poo poo small time league unless they're going to give you the world.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

The Big Taff Man posted:

Wouldnt even be a yellow in the Prem

Should be a yellow for simulation.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Akileese posted:

Good. No point in going from Roma to a poo poo small time league unless they're going to give you the world.
Why doesn't he just keep the helicopter Roma gave him?

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

ozmunkeh posted:

Why doesn't he just keep the helicopter Roma gave him?

Not enough headroom, apparently.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Theo Walcott has agreed to a contract extension, according to some sketchy rear end website I've never heard of.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Podolski to Galatasaray is happening. £2.3m fee.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

euroboy posted:

Need another forward then i'd say, but Wenger will be cheap and bring in some youth prospect.. also to not step on any toes with the current crop of forwards i'd bet.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

Good. He was never going to get playing time and he needed to step down a league. I'm amazed someone's paying for him.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Muntari's contract has been terminated by mutual consent. Not sure when I last saw a player end their contract that way.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33325632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Douglas Costa, the perfect fit for Bayerns title ambitions by way penalty shootouts, has apparently finished his medical examination today and will be signing a five year deal tomorrow.
According to the source he will cost €30m.

• Locked thread