Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Master Twig posted:

I'm honestly surprised there isn't an open movement on the right in this country to alter the 1st Amendment (with a new amendment I suppose) that removes the freedom of religion clause and tears down the separation of church and state. I don't remember the exact number, but a significant number of Americans want Christianity as the official state religion.

Yeah, but what kind of Christianity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Keeshhound posted:

Yeah, but what kind of Christianity?

The Christianity of the founding fathers obviously.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Some classic Todd Starnes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHifVCh5U8

Welp. I now know who would be running for office in the alternate version of the US where the Nazi's won.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Master Twig posted:

I'm honestly surprised there isn't an open movement on the right in this country to alter the 1st Amendment (with a new amendment I suppose) that removes the freedom of religion clause and tears down the separation of church and state. I don't remember the exact number, but a significant number of Americans want Christianity as the official state religion.

...because if they do that, the 2nd Amendment is open game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/07/02/medical-staff-warned-keep-quiet-about-illegal-immigrants-or-face-arrest.html

This is my favorite Todd Starnes. Filed under opinion, written as straight(ish) news, anonymously sourced, about literal brownshirts threatening medical workers with arrest if they reveal Obama's evil plan to send diseased immigrant children around the country on commercial flights to give you lice.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Oklahoma Supreme Court ordered the Ten Commandments monument removed from State Capitol grounds. Get ready for more whining.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

BiggerBoat posted:

You're number one on per capita gun ownership. Lots of wolves I guess.

I'm more worried about moose and bear to be honest, especially around spring and early summer.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This was floating around Facebook. In case I needed a reminder of how much of a scumbag Rand is.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySkinner posted:

Welp. I now know who would be running for office in the alternate version of the US where the Nazi's won.

Bahaha, whoever commented with the D&D rulebook entry for the Insect Plague conjuration is my hero.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FuzzySkinner posted:

He kind of sounds like a fascist Paul Harvey.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CommieGIR posted:

This was floating around Facebook. In case I needed a reminder of how much of a scumbag Rand is.

And bad dresser.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

In 2015 America, if a white man points a gun at federal officers who are trying to arrest him, they will stop trying to arrest him, and sitting politicians will praise him. If an unarmed black man runs away from police, they will murder him, and sitting politicians will demonize him.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Your Gay Uncle posted:

And now you know, a hosed up version of the story. Good day?!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

So... Paul Harvey?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol had to share this:

Rep says the Civil War was a Christian war against slavery and that's why same sex marriage is offensive and a bad call.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

site posted:

lol had to share this:

Rep says the Civil War was a Christian war against slavery and that's why same sex marriage is offensive and a bad call.

What's it called when you're like, 2 steps beyond revisionist history

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Master Twig posted:

I think its more likely the left will remove the freedom of speech clause with a new amendment that says "offending" people is as bad as lynching them. A significant number of Americans want "THAT'S RACIST!" as a national slogan. Maybe we should start printing it on the new politically correct ten dollar bills.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Delusion?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Texas-Israeli War: 1999

Seems about the same level

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Smoothrich posted:

I think its more likely the left will remove the freedom of speech clause with a new amendment that says "offending" people is as bad as lynching them. A significant number of Americans want "THAT'S RACIST!" as a national slogan. Maybe we should start printing it on the new politically correct ten dollar bills.

Maybe the slope is so slippery because of all your tears?

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Smoothrich posted:

I don't think there are enough straw men to get 3/4ths of the states to ratify that.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Trilas posted:

I don't think there are enough straw men to get 3/4ths of the states to ratify that.

If I were Rumplestiltskin, I could spin all the liberals you're arguing against into gold, then use that gold to pay you to shut up.

(Because they are made of straw, you see.) User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

v check out the rap sheet entry of his i just posted

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 30, 2015

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Smoothrich posted:

I think its more likely the left will remove the freedom of speech clause with a new amendment that says "offending" people is as bad as lynching them. A significant number of Americans want "THAT'S RACIST!" as a national slogan . Maybe we should start printing it on the new politically correct ten dollar bills.

Are you loving serious or just (unsuccessfully) trying to be funny? Either way this is a spectacularly lovely post.

God drat. I started to bold the really, really stupid parts and then realized I was bolding your entire post and decided it'd actually be easier for me to bold the parts that aren't idiotic. So, as a result, nothing is bolded but you're still an idiot.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Epic High Five posted:

Smoothrich

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Or we could just let him reply to himself:

Smoothrich posted:

I'm sure many people would've made identical arguments about Rosa Parks when she was intolerant of polite lawful society by not giving up her seat to a white man. You sound like you would've been one of them.

"If you don't want to get lynched, shut up and don't criticize Jim Crow and the KKK, you stupid friend of the family!"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I enjoy catching conservatives/envangelicals in the act of distorting a fact to make their viewpoint seem mainstream.

After I heard Janet Parshall bitch about how "THEY'RE LETTING TRANS GIRLS INTO THE GIRL SCOUTS! THEY'RE NOT GIRLS"-nonsense. She quickly moved onto to say that there was a statement from the president of "AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PEDIATRICS" about how "GAY MARRIAGE, WOULD DESTROY CHILDREN".

Now, if you're Jill Evangelical Soccer mom? You would think that would be the de facto organization involved with Children's health. You think that is an actual legitimate organization, and then nod your head in agreement.

Me? I google'd them up, and well...

quote:

The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a socially conservative association of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States. The College was founded in 2002 by a group of pediatricians including Joseph Zanga, a past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), as a protest against the AAP's support for adoption by gay couples.

So it's not the ACTUAL organization involved with Children's health, just a bullshit one started to slander gay people. Right. The ACTUAL organization is apparently pro-gay parents.

Also, I need some help with another talking point I heard on Kevin Sorbo's wife's show that had a member of the AFA on claiming this:

-"GO GOOGLE THE CDC WEBSITE, AND YOU'LL FIND THAT GAY MALE COUPLES HAVE A HIGHER RATE OF STD'S THAN STRAIGHT ONES! IT'S RIGHT THERE. THAT'S WHY WE SHOULDN'T GIVE THEM RIGHTS".

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Convervatives are big on founding their own "official" sounding organizations and then banking on the fact that people hear a prestigious sounding name and assuming its valid.

Rand Paul isn't a board certified doctor. He's "certified" in that he founded a conservative certification board in the 2000s once he left the "establishment" and they've certified him (it's just him and a few others).

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

FuzzySkinner posted:

Also, I need some help with another talking point I heard on Kevin Sorbo's wife's show that had a member of the AFA on claiming this:

-"GO GOOGLE THE CDC WEBSITE, AND YOU'LL FIND THAT GAY MALE COUPLES HAVE A HIGHER RATE OF STD'S THAN STRAIGHT ONES! IT'S RIGHT THERE. THAT'S WHY WE SHOULDN'T GIVE THEM RIGHTS".

So I guess God really likes lesbian couples? :quagmire:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

FuzzySkinner posted:

My go-to response for this is to compare std rates between straight and lesbian couples (lesbians have a rate about 1/4 that of straights). Clearly straight marriage should be outlawed.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Smoothrich posted:

I know. The last week and a half was pretty rough. There there.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Smoothrich posted:

I'm sure many people would've made identical arguments about Rosa Parks when she was intolerant of polite lawful society by not giving up her seat to a white man. You sound like you would've been one of them.

"If you don't want to get lynched, shut up and don't criticize Jim Crow and the KKK, you stupid friend of the family!"

:stare:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Flaggy posted:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/bristolpalin/2015/06/my-little-blessing/#more-8780

Bristol Palin is now saying her pregnancy was planned after saying she shamed her family again.

Just gonna leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjqi5pb6u58

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Gravel Gravy posted:

Hasn't Texas been underwater for about a month? What are their sins, I wonder?

God works in mysterious ways. Or alternately it's God giving all the water to Texas to reward them for being conservative while causing California to have a massive drought because the state is just so drat gay.

I'm kind of curious about how much time people posting here have spent around evangelicals. There are a poo poo load of people that have been blaming everything on the gays for decades. They constantly blame all of America's problems on God punishing us for our tolerance of gays/not forcing everybody to go to church/people following the wrong religious leaders etc. It's literally "America does not behave exactly the way I want it to and we aren't stoning the gays to death in the street so God is punishing us."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No. Stop. Bad. Do not reply to Smoothrich.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I was around them for a bit more than half of my 30 years. Most I've known keep to their own business and understand what it means to interact in the public arena where it's not guaranteed everyone loves jeezus. They employ their faith primarily to make themselves and others happier and better. They don't enjoy discussing contentious social issues and scripture wonk in public, the same as anyone, and tbh I couldn't tell you what most of them think about that poo poo, which is great. The worst they ever do is some "check ur Christian privilege" type stuff and I'd peg it at 50/50 on whether they give a poo poo or respond in a civil way.

But there are also real life freepers out there just flailing wildly and making everyone miserable and thinking G-d himself declared them tiny dictators and blessed them with the mandate of being correct at all times.

IMO they are over represented because of how loud they are, but just like the gop/tea party split, the more polite and kind people I know who are Christians have put up with them for too long and now the tail wags the dog...so I can't honestly say what's become of their little club isn't their fault too.

All things considered I'm just glad I'm not preoccupied with that mess, and don't have to rationalize what a lot of good people are struggling to rationalize right now just because their team can't admit grandpa is being evil in the name of Christ.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 1, 2015

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

beatlegs posted:

I know. The last week and a half was pretty rough. There there.

I actually get real embarrassed at hearing right wing media discuss gay marriage as the opposite of progress, because I am very progressive, though I don't think that means going left or right, but forward. Treating gay couples exactly the same as straight couples is as Good as it Gets for progress.

My biggest gripe lately is how left wing media is pushing narratives about leaving the right, the South, the WHITES, whatever behind instead of bringing them kicking and screaming to the future, and "waiting for them all to die" is not the way to go about it when a new breed of idiot is being pumped out under libertarian or SJW labels, more partisan than ever, with biased media sources feeding on a social/race war narrative like leeches.

Everyone hates on Reagan, I do too for his policies, but can anyone even imagine another presidential candidate in their lifetime getting results like this?

That looks like some kind of Karl Rove fever dream fan fiction. Makes you realize why everyone throws around the name Reagan though.

Nowadays the left says "Racist" twice as much as the right says "Reagan." Both are dishonest, but one is smart, the other incredibly stupid.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Smoothrich posted:

Source your quotes, please.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Smoothrich posted:

because I am very progressive, though I don't think that means going left or right, but forward.

I know its dumb to reply to you but lol

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mister Bates posted:

Source your quotes, please.

Master Twig posted:

I just replaced the political persuasion of the gross generalization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Smoothrich posted:

My biggest gripe lately is how left wing media is pushing narratives about leaving the right, the South, the WHITES, whatever behind instead of bringing them kicking and screaming to the future, and "waiting for them all to die" is not the way to go about it when a new breed of idiot is being pumped out under libertarian or SJW labels, more partisan than ever, with biased media sources feeding on a social/race war narrative like leeches

So the solution is for the left to act more like conservatives. Boy, that's been such a successful strategy in the past.