Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I'm not sure. If there was an announcement I missed it. I really hope so, though, because I'd love to be able to throw money at Nintendo and stop buying copies of Super Mario Bros. 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The New Nintendo Account system is gonna cure cancer AND get my dick wet too

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The next gen Nintendo products will all be repurposed android tablets, so no worries about the store. Or software updates!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
E: never mind.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The next gen Nintendo products will all be repurposed android tablets, so no worries about the store. Or software updates!

No joke though, Android "N" is right around the corner and it'd gently caress up the competition something fierce

radiant solaire
Nov 27, 2013
Here are some last minute game codes

Mario Golf: World Tour

-gone-

Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening

-gone-

edit: welp, enjoy whoever

radiant solaire fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 1, 2015

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I tried Mario Golf - already redeemed. I already have link's awakening so I didn't try it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fritzler posted:

I tried Mario Golf - already redeemed. I already have link's awakening so I didn't try it.

I think 1/2 the time people redeem without commenting.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Waltzing Along posted:

Which is why I have people PM me for any codes I have.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, I know. I was just letting people know so no one else wasted time trying.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

radiant solaire posted:

Here are some last minute game codes

Mario Golf: World Tour

A07S-PER4-1RF6-S947
im mad at you for not just pming me this directly random internet person :colbert:

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Manky posted:

No joke though, Android "N" is right around the corner and it'd gently caress up the competition something fierce

And then they'd never make money on software sales ever again. :v:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Manky posted:

By..........being rootable and lovely like android is?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

By..........being rootable and lovely like android is?

Tell me which recent Nintendo consoles haven't been exploitable with homebrew/flash carts

Now tell me which one killed Nintendo

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Spilled some water on my (not brand new) New 3DS. It was off but plugged into the charger. I unplugged it right away and dried it off, it didn't seem too wet, although I unfolded it and some drops were in there. Took off the back and that was dry. I could see some water was in the L and R button crevices, which is a little concerning. I've got it in a Ziploc with some silicon packets, and am gonna wait a day or two before I try turning it on . It should be fine... Right? :(

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Tender Bender posted:

Spilled some water on my (not brand new) New 3DS. It was off but plugged into the charger. I unplugged it right away and dried it off, it didn't seem too wet, although I unfolded it and some drops were in there. Took off the back and that was dry. I could see some water was in the L and R button crevices, which is a little concerning. I've got it in a Ziploc with some silicon packets, and am gonna wait a day or two before I try turning it on . It should be fine... Right? :(

You should be fine. Resist the urge to check too soon!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Did anyone mention Shovel Knight is getting a retail release in October? Because that's totally happening.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Waltzing Along posted:

It's because anyone can view these threads, you don't have to have a forums account. This is why it's stupid to just post codes in a Games thread because someone that's not even a member of the forum can scrape it and use it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Did anyone mention Shovel Knight is getting a retail release in October? Because that's totally happening.

WiiU or 3DS or both?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
both!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

WiiU or 3DS or both?

Wii U, 3DS, PS4, Xbone plus PC in Europe, $20.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Shovel Knight was really good but can't they just make another game? It got some new console ports like 9 months after release which I guess is cool if you want to play it on those, but who was seriously holding out for a retail cartridge release for a year?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

goferchan posted:

Shovel Knight was really good but can't they just make another game? It got some new console ports like 9 months after release which I guess is cool if you want to play it on those, but who was seriously holding out for a retail cartridge release for a year?

They've been working on the DLC for shovel knight that lets you play as plague knight, and eventually, king knight and specter knight

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

goferchan posted:

They can't make a new game because they still have a ton of additional stretch goal content to make - three additional campaigns with new playable characters, challenge mode, gender-swap mode, local multiplayer battle mode. They're distributing all this content as free updates and they don't do many discounts as a rule, so it behooves them to make the game available in as many formats as possible.

I don't doubt a ton of people will double-dip for a physical version, either, especially Nintendo people who spend all their time bitching about the account system.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Ehh Shovel Knight is fun but it isn't substantial enough for me to want a physical copy. Pretty neat if you like amassing a library for sure but I like all-digital personally.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

goferchan posted:

Shovel Knight was really good but can't they just make another game??

Pruning Shears Knight?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US dudes, Amazon is matching the Best Buy Xenoblade/Codename STEAM prices: $30 for Xenoblade, $25 for STEAM.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'll probably pick it up physically, cause I've been meaning to buy it for ages but keep getting distracted. I prefer picking up physical carts, anyway.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Make that October 16th for Europe, at least.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

FirstAidKite posted:

They've been working on the DLC for shovel knight that lets you play as plague knight, and eventually, king knight and specter knight

FREE dlc! For everyone! Because it was a stretch goal cause cool kids *cough *cough like me Kickstarted the gently caress out of Shovel Knight. :cool:

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Fuzz posted:

It's because anyone can view these threads, you don't have to have a forums account. This is why it's stupid to just post codes in a Games thread because someone that's not even a member of the forum can scrape it and use it.

Agreed. At least with PGS, you'll know a goon lurked the code :V

In this case, I'm wondering if there is a way to automate registering the code. I was under the assumption that you'd have to manually plug the codes into a 3DS.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Manky posted:

Tell me which recent Nintendo consoles haven't been exploitable with homebrew/flash carts

Now tell me which one killed Nintendo

Flash carts don't count in my mind because they are a significant investment and barrier to entry (at least in the 3ds), as well as the fact that Nintendo routinely patches them out.

The last/only Nintendo console I can think of that you could soft mod was the wii.

I don't think it will kill them, but I do think getting rooted on release day will only lead to Nintendo instigating even more bullshit draconian rules than they do right now. And you can't say that flash cards didn't have an impact on the DS, again, it didn't kill them but like everyone has a flash card for DS, it had an impact.

Also, the fact that android suuuuuucks will also suck for Nintendo users such as m'self.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Zet posted:

Agreed. At least with PGS, you'll know a goon lurked the code :V

In this case, I'm wondering if there is a way to automate registering the code. I was under the assumption that you'd have to manually plug the codes into a 3DS.
No, you can digitally put into this site:

https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Fritzler posted:

No, you can digitally put into this site:

https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem

Aaah, that is good to know. Thanks. I find nintendo.net's web stuff quite obtuse, but I guess that's not surprising for Nintendo :\

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I was playing Mighty Flip Champs on my DSi and DEAR GOD does it feel tiny now that I have been playing on the N3DSXL.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jarogue posted:

I was playing Mighty Flip Champs on my DSi and DEAR GOD does it feel tiny now that I have been playing on the N3DSXL.

One of my friends had me help him with something on his 2DS and if felt super weird after the XL.

I checked, and the screen on the XL is just slightly smaller than the old 3DS system, it is crazy big.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I don't think it will kill them, but I do think getting rooted on release day will only lead to Nintendo instigating even more bullshit draconian rules than they do right now. And you can't say that flash cards didn't have an impact on the DS, again, it didn't kill them but like everyone has a flash card for DS, it had an impact.

It isn't a given that just any Android device can be rooted. It is definitely "a significant investment and barrier" to root a device the manufacturer did not intend to be rooted, and like with mods to consoles as well as phones, there's a good chance that you'll get messed up up the next time a OTA update rolls out. You don't need to do anything more draconian than the measures already in place that some apps on Android use to check for root, or the measures Nintendo takes to require up-to-date firmware and software versions.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

US dudes, Amazon is matching the Best Buy Xenoblade/Codename STEAM prices: $30 for Xenoblade, $25 for STEAM.

Is STEAM worth it at that price? I've heard that patches have made it better after the disastrous release.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the release was fine, it is now slightly improved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I wish the eshop would match those prices...$25 is like my perfect buy price for S.T.E.A.M. but I try to buy digital only these days.