Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

nerdbot posted:

What if...that was a lie

Both statements are true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
183 new posts there must be a Vriska update.

Oh. It's two Vriskas. The homestucks must be eating themselves alive right now.

I'm glad Vriska (Vriska) is now canon.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Oh. It's two Vriskas. The homestucks must be eating themselves alive right now.

I have never seen more people wish horrible physical harm upon a fictitious cartoon individual than this update. Hurting the feelings of a a ghost is enraging people more than Aranea ever did and it's beautiful.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

I have never seen more people wish horrible physical harm upon a fictitious cartoon individual than this update. Hurting the feelings of a a ghost is enraging people more than Aranea ever did and it's beautiful.

makes me wonder how people get to thinking like this. 'cuz its plain as day that vriska will cheerfully beat the poo poo out of herself given half a chance.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
It's funny. While Vriskais an absolutely terrible person, I'm always inclined to hate on Meenah more. This is probably because Vriska is a horribly damaged person trying to be good to the best of her ability but failing miserably whereas Meenah by all indications is just sort of a narcissistic sociopath. People are only really relevant to her insofar as they can entertain her or make her feel good.

Little surprise given that she's HIC but sometimes I think people forget that.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I still love Meenah for the puns

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

WAR FOOT posted:

A good post, not just because Aranea's a great character, too.
Not that good a post, because of phone auto corrections. The worst offender was turning "pier" to "peer".

It wouldn't surprise me if being a sprite had a bit to do with it, but (Vriska) really wasn't much different until Aranea hosed off to save everyone. I think Meenah changed for a while too, considering her best friend dead to her to avoid showing how much she misses her.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I love HIC

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ghosts can't even gain weight. Yet another indication that alive Vriska is talking about herself and doesn't realize it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
If ghosts can pee then they can probably gain weight.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
All that bling on her face has to add up.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Something something ghost butt.

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's funny. While Vriskais an absolutely terrible person, I'm always inclined to hate on Meenah more. This is probably because Vriska is a horribly damaged person trying to be good to the best of her ability but failing miserably whereas Meenah by all indications is just sort of a narcissistic sociopath. People are only really relevant to her insofar as they can entertain her or make her feel good.

Little surprise given that she's HIC but sometimes I think people forget that.

Meenah seemed quite a bit more important when she first burst onto the scene, but we haven't seen much of her lately. When she was around, though, she seemed set up for some kind of arc where she'd think HIC is awesome and everything she wanted to be, except when confronted with the reality of what she's done/what she's willing to do Meenah would realize she differed from her idealized Bad Bitch Murder-Queen self, probably on the topic of her friends. At least, that was the immediate arc that suggested itself, what with how googly-eyed she got hearing about the Condesce's sweet empire and spaceship, but how uncomfortable she got when confronted with bad things she'd done like turning Mituna into a ship's power-core.

I don't know if she's still on track to complete some kind of arc. Aranea sort of did in that she awoke her inner Mindfang, tried to seize the spotlight in a massively Serket move and it all blew up, which is in line with the failure arcs of various trolls from Horrorstuck. Meenah might similarly turn out to be as heartless as her idealized self by ditching (Vriska) when she needed her most, no arc of improvement in sight. In which case, her long-term prospects for survival aren't great, but quite a burst of effort went into establishing Meenah at one point so it's hard to imagine that getting chucked lightly.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Acne Rain posted:

If ghosts can pee then they can probably gain weight.

Ghosts don't pee. Sollux wasn't a ghost.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

Ghosts don't pee. Sollux wasn't a ghost.

Meenah was peeing. Sollux fell down the stairs.

Worst thing I'll ever type.

Dolash posted:

Meenah seemed quite a bit more important when she first burst onto the scene, but we haven't seen much of her lately. When she was around, though, she seemed set up for some kind of arc where she'd think HIC is awesome and everything she wanted to be, except when confronted with the reality of what she's done/what she's willing to do Meenah would realize she differed from her idealized Bad Bitch Murder-Queen self, probably on the topic of her friends. At least, that was the immediate arc that suggested itself, what with how googly-eyed she got hearing about the Condesce's sweet empire and spaceship, but how uncomfortable she got when confronted with bad things she'd done like turning Mituna into a ship's power-core.

I doubt we have seen the last of Meenah. In the first part of Openbound, Rose agreed to join up with the ghost army to fight English, but not quite yet. Stating they would reconvene later to do so. Maybe that died with the retcon, but I doubt such a thread would be left hanging.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

"WAR FOOT" posted:

I doubt we have seen the last of Meenah. In the first part of Openbound, Rose agreed to join up with the ghost army to fight English, but not quite yet. Stating they would reconvene later to do so. Maybe that died with the retcon, but I doubt such a thread would be left hanging.
That Rose is now a sprite.
The thing that bugged me a little about the new sprite is a throw-away comment in what I believe is Jailbreak starring Noir about spikes you could impale a cat on. I thought it was referencing GCAT but now I'm less sure

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Bell_ posted:

That Rose is now a sprite.
The thing that bugged me a little about the new sprite is a throw-away comment in what I believe is Jailbreak starring Noir about spikes you could impale a cat on. I thought it was referencing GCAT but now I'm less sure

Nepetasprite is TOAST.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Of course this update would be the July first update.

7/1/2015

7+1+2+0+1+5 = 16

16/2 = 8

Two eights. Two Vriskas.

Also I am amending my old prediction of Vriska kissing Jake to (Vriska) kissing Jake.

and here's some art I found on that tumblr link someone posted earlier in the thread:

Davinci fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 1, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

GlyphGryph posted:

Vriska deserves an eternity of irrelevancy with the person she hates the most, and she just might get it! :v:

This, completely straight faced and unironically. Vriska is a terrible person and she is not even entertaining in doing so. Let her rot in the Dreambubbles forever, tormented by her own flaws, Divine Comedy style.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 1, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Vriska delivering some heavy self-ownage. The whole thing feels like a self-loathing adult delivering a talking down to their teenage self.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

MEENAH: yeah uh
MEENAH: vriska
MEENAH: um
MEENAH: listen
MEENAH: I gots to do what I gots to do

*ganks liveVriska's life, immediately rendering here irrelevant, and flies off*

Vriska deserves an eternity of irrelevancy with the person she hates the most, and she just might get it! :v:

I was assuming this would happen, but after today's update it's becoming very clear that vriska and meenah are going to gently caress off to go beat LE

Archer666 posted:

Vriska delivering some heavy self-ownage. The whole thing feels like a self-loathing adult delivering a talking down to their teenage self.

Not really, because she's treating (vriska) as a completely different person; a version of herself that failed. There's no introspection or reflection here, she's just picking on someone who is happy, like always. It just turns out it's herself this time.

I never thought i'd see a character insult their own character growth and not suffer any comeuppance for it but Hussie's outdone himself this time around :v:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Archer666 posted:

Which is why it's even more hilarious that tumblr are getting mad at her for it when it's essentially the emotional equivalent of cutting herself.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Dammit Terezi, your "I'm blind" excuse isn't going to fly this time.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Grapplejack posted:

Not really, because she's treating (vriska) as a completely different person; a version of herself that failed. There's no introspection or reflection here, she's just picking on someone who is happy, like always. It just turns out it's herself this time.

Nah, she's definitely only being this vicious because it's a version of herself; Tavros never got anything like this much finely aimed vitriol.

I agree she's not introspecting on purpose, but that doesn't mean she's only picking on (Vriska) because she's a wet blanket.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Archer666 posted:

Vriska is 4chan's masculinity issues.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

See, I think I relate to Vriska more than most on this because I can't say that if I met a teenaged version of myself that I wouldn't go into a similar rant at them. I don't feel angry at her for this at all, because it's just another consequence of what a horribly damaged person she is.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nephthys posted:

See, I think I relate to Vriska more than most on this because I can't say that if I met a teenaged version of myself that I wouldn't go into a similar rant at them. I don't feel angry at her for this at all, because it's just another consequence of what a horribly damaged person she is.

It's not really a teenaged version of herself. It's in fact an older version, who realized she was kind of a fucker and tried to change that about herself through dubious methods that may have missed the point entirely. Still technically an older Vriska though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Jazu posted:

Vriska is 4chan's masculinity issues.

Wasn't that Mituna?

Also, I am not ready to flash to something completely irrelevant tomorrow. Probably Callie.

Accurate summation of today:

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's not really a teenaged version of herself. It's in fact an older version, who realized she was kind of a fucker and tried to change that about herself through dubious methods that may have missed the point entirely. Still technically an older Vriska though.

That's clearly not how Vriska see's her though. And she is younger than her physically.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Also if we're playing the younger/older game the disparity between Meenah (Vriska) is greater than Vriska (Vriska)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bell_ posted:

Not that good a post, because of phone auto corrections. The worst offender was turning "pier" to "peer".

The other way around would be a great Meenah pun.

Everything Vriska said about the other Vriska is accurate. This is true of both Vriskas. It was pretty funny.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Still not finding any Vriska x (Vriska) images, surprisingly.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nephthys posted:

That's clearly not how Vriska see's her though.

Yeah exactly, Vriska sees her as a lame weenie who never grew up, even though (Vriska) has had more life experiences and change than alive Vriska has. It's just another element that adds to Vriska's complete lack of self-awareness, in using (Vriska) as a conduit to poo poo all over herself.

Not that (Vriska) isn't being a weenie though, she's trying way too hard to be content with her life and just chill.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

What's wrong with that, though? (Vriska) has had her share of the action, got tired of it and decided to become as close to a civilian as you can get given the current situation. It is lovely of her to commandeer such a precious resource and not try to at least get it to the meteor crew, but I still consider her the better Vriska by virtue of at least realizing that her methods are wrong.

E: man, I don't even know if my judgement is trustworthy at the moment, because I despise Vriska so much that I am liable to go with the option that gives me the least possible Vriska in the story.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 1, 2015

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I just cannot mentally register a character who cries when someone says mean things to them as "vriska".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

What's wrong with that, though? (Vriska) has had her share of the action, had had enough of it and decided to become as close to a civilian as you can get given the current situation. It is lovely of her to commandeer such a precious resource and not try to at least get it to the meteor crew, but I still consider her the better Vriska by virtue of at least realizing than her methods are wrong.

It's a good idea, but I feel she's going about it the wrong way. She's decided to be more like Meenah, as she is just as horrible a sociopath but is far more comfortable with her life, and so is imitating her, but only the superficial aspects and not the most important part. Namely that Meenah gives absolutely no fucks about what people think or about anything really, other than puns and money.

She's trying and good on her for it, but she still ain't doing so great.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Indecisive posted:

tbh I thought this too and she'd get hussie to write her back into the story somehow but I think he's written himself out of having any relevancy to the plot

That's fair, but I doubt Hussie would have ended a (semi-)recent update with a shot of him enviously moping behind a rock about (Vriska)'s new relationship if he wasn't planning on showing up again in this context in some form.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Even after all these years, people are surprised that the psychopath mass murderer troll has issues.

Also, Vriska is about to go try to kill Lord English on her own, the way (Vriska) was going to go kill Jack on her own. :allears:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 1, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

No idea about live Vriska, but I think this is actually going to swing in a positive direction for (Vriska) after the dust clears. She got into that position by basically running away from how she constantly disappointed herself and basically became Meenah's little self-indulging clone. Vriska is going to leave and Meenah's going to ditch her too. Having to deal with the fact that she has no one else to run to for approval or to beat up means that for the FIRST TIME EVER a Vriska will be stuck alone with her own thoughts.

I mean, unless she starts beating the crap out of some horses, which I'm not going to put past a Vriska to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's a good idea, but I feel she's going about it the wrong way. She's decided to be more like Meenah, as she is just as horrible a sociopath but is far more comfortable with her life, and so is imitating her, but only the superficial aspects and not the most important part. Namely that Meenah gives absolutely no fucks about what people think or about anything really, other than puns and money.
Oh, but I think Meenah does, but there's two things:
#1: Meenah will almost always try to hide it.
#2: There's nobody left Meenah cares about and by extension has an opinion she would care about. Maybe Karkat, but I doubt she'd appeal as much to post-retJohn Karkat.

Remember when she was blubbering all over Egbert because she didn't want to lose her friends? She lost both of them.