Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Aumanor posted:

A lot may change after the July elections. Should Laporta win, the new management would be significantly less pro-Quatar than the current one.

Until they get the check in the mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Angel Maria Villar is corrupt as hell

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Sepp Blatter has warned that anyone who associates him with the recent scandal at Fifa “should go to jail” and insisted that “he will go to heaven one day”.

Fourteen senior executives of football’s governing body were charged with corruption on 27 May by prosecutors in the United States over bids for major tournaments dating back 24 years.

Blatter is due to relinquish his role as Fifa president at an extraordinary congress to be held between December and March. However, after speculation that he could yet remain in his role was dampened by Fifa, Blatter is adamant that he has not committed any crime and revealed that he has been relying on his string Christian faith to help him through the crisis.

“I have a clean conscience,” he said in an interview with German magazine Bunte.

“If somebody accuses me of being corrupt, I ask him whether he knows the meaning of that word. Whoever calls me corrupt will have to prove it, but nobody can prove that because I am not corrupt.

“I am open to correct or positive criticism. I can use that to reconsider if I need to change in the future. But if anybody calls me corrupt because Fifa is corrupt, I can only shake my head. Everybody who says something like that should go to jail.

Blatter added: “My faith has given me strength during the last week. I am a religious person and pray, too. I own a golden cross that has been blessed by Pope Francis. I believe I will go to heaven one day. But I believe there is no hell. I disagree with the pope on that.”

Blatter’s US lawyer confirmed on Tuesday that the 79-year-old will not attend the Women’s World Cup final in Canada this weekend “for personal reasons”.

:angel:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
If there's no hell, you can only go to heaven. Clever guy, that Sepp Blatter.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

He's not going to the Final for 'personal reasons'. Personal reasons being his freedom.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
why would he be scared to go to Canada? As far as we know, there's zero evidence against him.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
he's not going to the final because women's football is dreadful and he knows it

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

poo poo Farm posted:

he's not going to the final because women's football is dreadful and he knows it

This.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

stickyfngrdboy posted:

As far as we know, there's zero evidence against him.

The DoJ probably doesnt CC any of us on their emails.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Waroduce posted:

The DoJ probably doesnt CC any of us on their emails.

yeah the doj are def going to keep it quiet if they have even the tiniest bit of evidence against the oval office.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

yeah the doj are def going to keep it quiet if they have even the tiniest bit of evidence against the oval office.

They did for 10 years while they turned Blazer. Maybe Sepp's just a small fish in the game.

Scenario:

"Mr. Putin, we have a warrant to appear on charges of tax evasion."

Putin: Ahahahahaha, in Soviet Union tax evade me! etc, etc.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

stickyfngrdboy posted:

that's...exactly what they did for the last decade when it came to everyone else involved?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

stickyfngrdboy posted:

you don't know much about criminal proceedings don't you

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Lamont Cranston posted:

that's...exactly what they did for the last decade when it came to everyone else involved?

what's that? they investigated FIFA for ten years and still haven't arrested the top dog? this is an organisation we trust, for sure.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
investigates organised crime for ten years (at what cost, again?), still doesnt arrest top boss, americans happy. you're all really easy to please when it comes to FIFA and the DoJ. More time! They need more time!

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

poo poo Farm posted:

All the facts check out op, this poster is right.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

stickyfngrdboy posted:

what's that? they investigated FIFA for ten years and still haven't arrested the top dog? this is an organisation we trust, for sure.

He's phase 3. Phase 1 was Blazer(the Undercover Informant), Phase 2 is arresting mid-to-high levels executives and get them to roll on higher-ups, leading to Phase 3: Taking down the Boss. It's like you guys have never heard of a RICO case ever. This is how every Mob trial has ever gone.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

He's phase 3. Phase 1 was Blazer(the Undercover Informant), Phase 2 is arresting mid-to-high levels executives and get them to roll on higher-ups, leading to Phase 3: Taking down the Boss. It's like you guys have never heard of a RICO case ever. This is how every Mob trial has ever gone.

how long does phase 3 take?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

stickyfngrdboy posted:

They should get enough evidence about 5-10 years after he dies a natural death on his throne of money built atop corpses of his enemies

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Depends on how fast guys like Webb, Warner, and Valcke turn over evidence. John Gotti took years, but he was actually pretty good at being a criminal. Blatter is not. I'm sure if he were to show up in Canada, there'd be a nice warrant for his arrest waiting for him at the tarmac.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

John Gotti took years, but he was actually pretty good at being a criminal. Blatter is not.

He's 79 years old, has been corrupt as gently caress for decades yet walks free. It wouldn't surprise me if he was the one who shopped Blazer to the feds years ago. I bet he's faking that limp too.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Depends on how fast guys like Webb, Warner, and Valcke turn over evidence. John Gotti took years, but he was actually pretty good at being a criminal. Blatter is not. I'm sure if he were to show up in Canada, there'd be a nice warrant for his arrest waiting for him at the tarmac.

Blatter is a phenomenal criminal you idiot.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Shrapnig posted:

Blatter is a phenomenal criminal

It's true. This man has every card ready to play. He'll go to the grave before jail.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
He's great at corruption let's be honest lol at people comparing him to Capone or Gotti just lol

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Blatter has done nothing wrong and nobody will ever prove otherwise. You might get his underlings to say he's done things (and thereby receive a lesser sentence) because that's how American Justice works (see that Muslim guy who worked for the FBI whose only job was to infiltrate mosques and convince poor black guys to blow Jews up with a promise of vast amounts of money), but there will be no actual solid evidence.

Love that some of you have so much faith in your disgracefully corrupt "justice" system, though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
stickyfngrboy loving loves Sepp Blatter lol

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

stickyfngrboy loving loves Sepp Blatter lol

Prove it

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

stickyfngrboy is just playing his role as the Glaucon of the FIFA Corruption thread.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I move this thread into evidence as Blue Footed Boobie-1 and rest my case.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Blatter has done nothing wrong and nobody will ever prove otherwise. You might get his underlings to say he's done things (and thereby receive a lesser sentence) because that's how American Justice works (see that Muslim guy who worked for the FBI whose only job was to infiltrate mosques and convince poor black guys to blow Jews up with a promise of vast amounts of money), but there will be no actual solid evidence.

Love that some of you have so much faith in your disgracefully corrupt "justice" system, though.

well said fellow blatterite

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

I move this thread into evidence as Blue Footed Boobie-1 and rest my case.

Typical American Justice. He looks guilty, he must be guilty.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You don't know how RICO works.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pick posted:

You don't know how RICO works.

You misunderstand. I don't give a poo poo how RICO works.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Then it's pretty weird you're making predictions. What are you, History Channel?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pick posted:

Then it's pretty weird you're making predictions. What are you, History Channel?

Again, you misunderstand. What is it about RICO that you think will end the tenure of Sepp Blatter? What do you think RICO will achieve?

You cannot include 'the men already arrested will testify against him' or anything that implies such, because outside your fine country that doesn't mean anything.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
rename leeds dad RICO-suave

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Then maybe you should stop posting your uninformed opinion as to how this RICO case will go.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Then maybe you should stop posting your uninformed opinion as to how this RICO case will go.

Why should I stop posting my opinion on FIFA in the FIFA thread? Shouldn't you be in the debate disco wringing your hands about first world problems?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Sepp Blatter is not a criminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Why should I stop posting my opinion on FIFA in the FIFA thread? Shouldn't you be in the debate disco wringing your hands about first world problems?

Because your opinion (by your own admission) is based on willful ignorance.

Put another way, no one can stop you from posting your opinion, but you shouldn't act so personally affronted when everyone points out how wrong you are.