Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Risky posted:

Just made more small talk and then I told her I was gonna crash. She then msged me her phone number and told me to text her tomorrow... I still haven't.

In Jebany's defense, she didn't even tell me her name before she busted that line out.

Hit it then quit it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't seen anybody new on my marches in about a year and it sucks.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

notZaar posted:

I haven't seen anybody new on my marches in about a year and it sucks.

:suicide::hf::suicide:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Slam whale... slam whale never changes.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Well, I just arranged a date with a self-admitted incorrigible cougar. She's in better shape than most women my age on okcupid though, so what's a term like slam whale that derides someone's age rather than their girth?

naem
May 29, 2011

Breetai posted:

Well, I just arranged a date with a self-admitted incorrigible cougar. She's in better shape than most women my age on okcupid though, so what's a term like slam whale that derides someone's age rather than their girth?

A Dark Elf

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Breetai posted:

Hurdle Turtle

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

sprung chicken

Risky
May 18, 2003

slam time past her prime

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

My favorite is Crypt Keeper.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Risky posted:

slam time past her prime

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

hoary

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I've found the most twee person on the loving planet.

quote:

My self-summary
Seeker.lover.keeper. Fun. Whimsical. Creative. Art teacher. Yoga. Artist. Tea. Tall. Kind. Spiritual. Fairy. Gin. Energetic. ENPF. Soulful. Poetry. Women. Men. Fire Rabbit. Growing things. Coffee. Green smoothie. Weightlifter. Lover of Wolves. Adventure. Bikes. Picnics. Chai. Gluten Free. Sexual. Sagittarius.

https://www.beepeatea.com

Please don't message me if:
One of your photos is a car.
You have your shirt off in your photos.
You have no interest in feminism or gender discourse.
You have no interest in personal growth, nutrition and positive lifestyle.

What I’m doing with my life
I'm moving to Melbourne from NSW in July.
Predominately I am an artist. A paper cut artist in fact. Its life meditation with a knife.
To pay the bills...
I am an art teacher and studying to be a kids Yoga instructor. I work in special needs... and I'd like to do my masters in Art Therapy.
So yeah.. Bit on the old plate.
Always time for chai chats... cosey coffee and wonderful wine times.

I’m really good at
Covering my studio in tinnnnnny bits of black paper.
Being vague ( I'd like to call it poetic thank you)
Eating dark chocolate and red wine. together or separate.
I like yoga, not sure its a case of being really good at it though.. Just the same with running and dancing.
Im pretty good at avoiding the dishes.
I am pretty good at patting cats. and drinking tea.
I Like the nitty gritty of life.
Im good at being challenged... I want to hear your delicious succulent view of the world.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I like to read lots of different stuff. But mostly, empowering lifestyle books and books about yoga etc. I love fun movies.. or movies that make me think. Or go deeper into myself.

I love to rockabilly dance and love this type of music.. but I am fairly unbiased with music. I like all from 90s pop or Reggae to some pretty contemp indie stuff.

The six things I could never do without
Being challenged
Adventure
Black paper and a Stanley knife ( two things!)
A bow in my hair.
A sparkle in my eye.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
The status quo.
Dark Chocolate.
Paper cutting.

On a typical Friday night I am
Out for a quiet drink. Doing art. playing my ukelele. Just chilling.
You should message me if
You think you can offer something to my world.
You can challenge me mentally, physically, sexually, spiritually.
You'd like to show me your beautiful Melbourne.
You can rockabilly dance. ( no really.. if this is you. Message me NOW)
You're wanting someone to exhibit your rad art with.
You really like to sing 90s pop music in the car.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Breetai posted:

I've found the most twee person on the loving planet.

twee as gently caress

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Risky posted:

slam time past her prime

Just going to go ahead and quote this.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Top City Homo posted:

where is the part where you are into cumswapping with your skellington boy toy and indian mongrel boyfriend?

I forgot, tee hee

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Han Nehi posted:

sprung chicken

I like this the best.

On another note, I just found her fetlife profile. Gotta love people who use the same name across multiple sites.

gently caress it, I'm going in.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I suggest getting on bumble if you aren't goblin or troll looking it's way less effort than this other stuff.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Risky posted:

Jesus Christ, this one messaged me last night and barely 3 minutes into messaging me.

I wonder how many tinder hit and runs she has been the victim of to bust this out so quickly. 3? 5? 13?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I suggest getting on bumble if you aren't goblin or troll looking it's way less effort than this other stuff.

Seriously it rocks. Women have to start the conversation, so i just keep swiping and wait.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

TenementFunster posted:

I wonder how many tinder hit and runs she has been the victim of to bust this out so quickly. 3? 5? 13?

You guys are traumatizing these poor women.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

captainOrbital posted:

You guys are traumatizing these poor women.

Enough about the size of my penis

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My self-summary
enneagram type 4, feminist 12 y/o boy, existentially terrified cat plodding thru life in a gangly human body

i have a v complicated relationship w my selfhood and my twitter is important to me: https://twitter.com/isabelligerent

idc abt ur myers-briggs

studying gender, women's, and sexuality studies and french while pondering my relationship to Academia

putting air quotes around everything

being a snake mom, playin uke and singing, doing improv, writing sometimes, being a friend, railing against The Man and mobilizing to Do Something abt it, trying,

I’m really good at
public crying, private crying, growing body hair, over-analyzing, being underwhelmed, being uncomfortable, making other people uncomfortable, losing time, self-loathing, dressing myself, getting children and cats to like me, making people laugh, making myself laugh

The first things people usually notice about me
"i can't tell if she's a crazy cat lady or just really hipster" (real quote)
fear response
tentacles

books

currently reading: Fun Home (Alison Bechdel), Life on Mars (Tracy K. Smith), Jack Gilbert's collected poetry

read and enjoyed: Nevada, Watchmen, The Poisonwood Bible, Cat's Eye, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Margaret Atwood's dystopian stuff, Harry Potter, YA lit (The Giver, Wonder, When You Reach Me), Marge Piercy's poetry, Ray Bradbury's short stories

movies

recently watched and liked: Mad Max, Wild

would watch again: Bound, A Bittersweet Life, Thelma and Louise, Me and You and Everyone We Know, the new Batman trilogy, Lars and the Real Girl, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Spirited Away, Fargo, Up, X-Men, Chaos, Amour, Paris Je T'aime, The Room, Troll 2

shows

currently watching: Orange is the New Black, Community, American Horror Story

watched: Game of Thrones (maybe givin this up ?), Parks and Rec, Firefly, Dollhouse, Twin Peaks, Freaks and Geeks

music

more-or-less newly listening to: frankie cosmos, Alvvays, Lana Del Rey, Beirut, The Beach Boys, Sufjan Stevens, Phosphorescent

then-and-now listening to: The Mountain Goats, Baths, Perfume Genius, Gregory Alan Isakov, Phil Collins' Tarzan soundtrack, Josh Ritter, The National, The Tallest Man on Earth, Breathe Owl Breathe, Bon Iver, Frank Sinatra, Fleet Foxes, The Oh Hello's, Jónsi, A Day To Remember's cover of "Since U Been Gone"

food

currently eating a lot of: toast, bagels, onions

always wanting to eat a lot of: quiche, indian food, pasta, tarte de fromage, eggs, grilled cheese, string cheese, other forms of cheese, fresh veggies, breakfast anything, strawberries, coffee icecream, donuts, bread

cats, coffee, the ability to sing, the sun & stars, my winning sense of humor, alone time, prime numbers, words, empathy, small children, autonomy, loafers, crying, bad puns, semicolons, clickhole

if you put "air" in this section i hate you

inclusive feminism, privilege, aesthetics, my twitter, the aesthetic of my twitter, why do all boys not have long hair (i once cried about this), jokes, outfits, tiny beautiful things, what i would do if i were a sociopath, misogyny, social media presence vs "reality," self-representation, authenticity, how overwhelming it is to be a human in this world, dumb stuff i've done, The Future (in the abstract, not the Miranda July film), language and its nuance and power and futility, how to explain myself, myself

see also: enneagram poo poo, Mars One, serial killer branding, weird twitter (@Horse_ebooks 5ever)

recently talking about : the totalizing, inaccurate, and harmful "study abroad" narrative; sexual assault and mental health on college campuses; empathy and activism; my americanness and the importance of claiming instead of disavowing it

a plastic bag drifting in the wind

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
flaky, confused, incredibly inconsistent

~ i am not my okcupid profile ~

You should message me if
you still wear your retainers, you are tired but tentatively hopeful, you can make me laugh, you want to talk to me abt literally anything i mention on my profile, you are also a cat

sry but i will Literally Never respond to a message tht says ≤ "hi how are you" i am so cute and interesting pls don't waste my time 0:)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that person is probably really introverted and kinky

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
just looks kinda like a generic profile thru the filter of someone with an awkward sense of humor

I mean I guess maybe it's not jokey/totally sad and broken but I didn't get that vibe idk

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
if they updated their profile to tell people they're giving up game of thrones don't expect good things

Groovelord Neato posted:

with mechanics like that it will be 90% bots as soon as it gains any popularity

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 3, 2015

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Why do I feel like everyone is trying to one-up each other in obscurity in taste in books and music?

Every profile that gets posted has more and more obscure bands/singers.

The more indie your taste in music, the cooler you are? idgi...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shumagorath posted:

if they updated their profile to tell people they're giving up game of thrones don't expect good things

true, I didn't say they were some ideal date, just not creepy and terrible like

quote:

My self-summary
DTLA resident, lefty, PhD graduate, cat owner (2), amateur chef, health/fitness fan, adventure seeker.

I'm a caring person especially for people that I love and respect. I'm a compassionate person and I'm very committed to the people that I care about. I believe in living with integrity, love, and tolerance.

I love cooking, food, wine, and champagne. Trying out new restaurants is one of my favorite things to do.

I love rainy days, but I also love hot summer days.

Everyday I feel grateful for the great friends that I have, my supportive family, and all the opportunities that I have been given.

I'm a two-time Burner. Burning Man was an incredible experience.
Reading travel guides and traveling.

I'm a corporate recruiter.

Tracking down Banksy pieces in the wild in different cities.

Cooking.

Trying out new restaurants in the city.
I’m really good at
Cooking! I like making anything from pasta dishes to sushi to Mexican cuisine. I read food blogs daily to learn about different recipes. I also like to take cooking classes when I can to learn new skills and recipes.

I'm really good about going to the gym and eating well. Health and being active is important to me. I'm conscious of that everyday.

I'm also good at being a good friend. I have amazing friends and I do my best to be a great friend too.
The first things people usually notice about me
Probably my eyes and/or my smile.
Favorite books: Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice and I love reading anything by David Sedaris. The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Favorite movies: American Beauty, Big Fish, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, (Yeah, very big on Tim Burton), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Fountain, Amelie, Fight Club, A Clockwork Orange, anything Wes Anderson, Pedro Almodóvar films too.

Favorite TV shows: Mad Men, 30 Rock, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, True Blood, Flight of the Conchords, Dexter, This American Life (all 2 seasons), Dead Like Me, Arrested Development, The Office (UK & American), Skins (UK, not the MTV version), Doctor Who, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, 1000 Ways to Die (only watchable with beer and friends, hilarious), Daria, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Weeds, The Black Cab Sessions, Top Gear (UK), Louie CK, Orange is the New Black, The League

Favorite music: Alternative rock, indie, classical, jazz, and standards. Some of my favorite bands are Interpol, Florence and the Machine, Spoon, Phoenix, Ra Ra Riot, Kings of Leon, the Black Keys, Muse, Lykke Li, Röyksopp, Feist, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Radiohead, Passion Pit, Coldplay (their earlier stuff), Imogen Heap, Ratatat, Placebo, Kenna, Lily Allen, Geographer, The Smiths, AFI, Grizzly Bear, Cole Porter, Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Louie Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Phillip Glass, Mendelssohn, Debussy, Satie

Favorite food: This is hard because I love food. Sushi and pizza are up there but I also love Mexican (real Mexican, not that bougie crap) and French. I also love American cuisine from burgers to deep-fried edibles. I can proudly say that I'm a connoisseur of the deep-fried.

Favorite radio shows/podcasts: This American Life, Radiolab, and The Moth.

Favorite artists: Dali, Kahlo (favorite painting, The Two Fridas), Monet, Picasso, Albright, Warhol, Hockney, Banksy, Swoon
iPhone
MacBook
my amazing friends
Music
a good book
adventure
Traveling the world, starting my own business, and how great it'll be to meet you
Out and about : eating out, at an art gallery, seeing a lecture, at the opera, spending time with my best friends. Sometimes I stay in and watch something on Netfilx or read a book.

I normally go out more Mon. through Thursday to beat the crowds and to go to better events: art walks, etc.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
1) That I'm on here
2) I LOVE going to Disneyland.
3) That I still shop at teen clothing stores online.
4) I like to watch paranormal investigation shows while at the gym: Ghost Hunters, Ghost Detective, Ghost Adventures...you get the gist.
You should message me if
You are:
Looking for a relationship
Fun and like adventure and traveling
Loving and compassionate
Enjoy the same TV shows
A gentleman
Good-looking
Romantic
Confident
Have a good sense of humor
Enjoy going out and could also enjoy evenings staying in
Don't have and don't want any children

I'm looking for my ideal partner and my best friend to spend the rest of my life with. I may find him on here or I might not, however I'm using this as another avenue to try and find him.

Bolded the warning signs she be crazy. 'I'm just an openminded, free loving person who desperately wants to to be a sociopath.'

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
thread needs more pics

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shumagorath posted:

with mechanics like that it will be 90% bots as soon as it gains any popularity

Better get while the gettin's good then. All real women thus far.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Top City Homo posted:

thread needs more pics

Her only profile photo:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I kinda feel bad if we're mocking stroke victims.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

EZipperelli posted:

Why do I feel like everyone is trying to one-up each other in obscurity in taste in books and music?

Every profile that gets posted has more and more obscure bands/singers.

The more indie your taste in music, the cooler you are? idgi...

You're seriously asking, on a board full of goons of all places, why people try to one-up each other with their tastes in obscure music and books?

What people write down for their favorite music and books doesn't mean poo poo anyway - half the stuff they write down they've barely even skimmed or heard; they write it down because it sounds better than the truth, which is "I usually listen to whatever song comes on the radio when I'm driving, or whatever songs came preloaded on my iPod". In a shocking surprise, people try to make themselves seem interesting in a dating profile, and saying they listen to Top 40 songs 99% of the time is boring (and that you'd also criticize btw). There's really no winning here.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Breetai posted:

Her only profile photo:

She seems cool and self aware.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Otisburg posted:

I kinda feel bad if we're mocking stroke victims.

lmao

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Idk if pics really help the thread sure sometimes there's really folks lacking self awareness but we've had more 'lol look at this uggo she literally a cripple' or creepers than real comedy

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

The B_36 posted:

"I usually listen to whatever song comes on the radio when I'm driving, or whatever songs came preloaded on my iPod".

I'd rather someone be honest then try to look cool... :confused:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

EZipperelli posted:

Since they carved the first lute/invented the printing press.

EDIT: SHUT UP I KNOW LUTES AREN'T CARVED

(I don't actually know or not know that)

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

Idk if pics really help the thread sure sometimes there's really folks lacking self awareness but we've had more 'lol look at this uggo she literally a cripple' or creepers than real comedy

Which page were you posted on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

EZipperelli posted:

I'd rather someone be honest then try to look cool... :confused:

unless your response is "anything but rap and country" then just make something more interesting up.

• Locked thread