Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Also I just bought 2 6 packs of johnsonville brats for 40rmb each which isnt too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah the garlic bread is cheap and it's made of all the bread Chinese people don't buy so it's made of all the best bread.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

So obviously someone bring the garlic bread and maybe the other bread too.

The banana bread was good.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's still not great garlic bread but I could bring some.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If it has garlic and is not covered in honey and corn I'm on board with it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ole' has some bread that has nuts and fruit peels in it and it's also filled with cream cheese and it's 14 RMB and pretty good.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ole' has some decent deals but you gotta really look hard for them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

They had Punk IPA last week. I bought a few.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

fart simpson posted:

Ole' has some bread that has nuts and fruit peels in it and it's also filled with cream cheese and it's 14 RMB and pretty good.

You've gone native!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

fart simpson posted:

goldboilermark posted:

Ole' has some decent deals but you gotta really look hard for them.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Jeek posted:

I want to see this weirdo now.
:wink:

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

fart simpson posted:

They had Punk IPA last week. I bought a few.

That brew sucks

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

augustus gluten posted:

That brew sucks

Overrated but it definitely doesn't suck unless you're a hipster or something.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I've been drinking IPAs since they were called India Pale Ales

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

augustus gluten posted:

That brew sucks

AG telling the truth itt

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

augustus gluten posted:

That brew sucks

It's OK and it's literally the only IPA I could buy at Ole'. I had a 200 RMB gift card.

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
Hate bothering hotel staff. Trying to unblock a Guangzhou toilet with a free pair of chopsticks from a cheap food vendor.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
#firstworldproblems

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

aeglus posted:

Overrated but it definitely doesn't suck unless you're a hipster or something.

They aren't mutually exclusive, you know

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-chinese-bullying-20150702-story.html#page=1

So did any of you guys send kids to this place?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

No, but one of the girls is a friend of a friend of one of my students. The one whose dad showed up and found out bribery is illegal in the US.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Grand Fromage posted:

The one whose dad showed up and found out bribery is illegal in the US.

:patriot:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

*Illegal unless you're in the government then it's free speech.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

they're not bribes they're campaign donations

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I live in Guangdong and would like to join the Wechat group. Can I PM someone my Wechat ID or can someone update the QR code?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

a7m2 posted:

I live in Guangdong and would like to join the Wechat group. Can I PM someone my Wechat ID or can someone update the QR code?

I live in Guangdong. But I don't have wechat.

Trammel
Dec 31, 2007

a7m2 posted:

There's a link to a spreadsheet in the OP with a list of long term goons (including myself) and their WeChat ID's. Add one of them and ask.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Trammel posted:

There's a link to a spreadsheet in the OP with a list of long term goons (including myself) and their WeChat ID's. Add one of them and ask.

Thanks.

fart simpson posted:

I live in Guangdong. But I don't have wechat.

Shenzen, right? Is it worth visiting?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Shenzhen is a nice city

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

:vince:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

a7m2 posted:

Thanks.

Shenzen, right? Is it worth visiting?

It depends. Where are you?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

fart simpson posted:

It depends. Where are you?

Zhongshan. There will be a bridge linking Shenzen and Zhongshan in a decade or so, but I doubt I'll be around that long. Not sure how long it would take me to go there now but it's probably doable.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Zhongshan is gay. And so am I.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

fart simpson posted:

Zhongshan is gay

just the way i like it

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
The wechat qr code needs to be constantly updated so it's not worth the effort. What's your handle? Someone will add you

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
It's 11:47 pm. I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow for work. Some loving oval office has just started jackhammering the street right outside my building. And I know some bigger loving oval office in the local government authorised this because this is Shanghai and there's some semblance of rules here. I hope that mother fucker in the government contracts the first recorded case of Ebola crossed with MERS.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

a7m2 posted:

just the way i like it

ironically, the protagonist of "China Mountain Zhang," 'Zhang Zhongshan,' is in fact a mexican guy whose parents had his genes altered so he'd look Chinese, and he's gay.

Check out the book, it's very good: http://www.amazon.com/China-Mountain-Zhang-Maureen-McHugh/dp/0312860986

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

angel opportunity posted:

ironically, the protagonist of "China Mountain Zhang," 'Zhang Zhongshan,' is in fact a mexican guy whose parents had his genes altered so he'd look Chinese, and he's gay.

Check out the book, it's very good: http://www.amazon.com/China-Mountain-Zhang-Maureen-McHugh/dp/0312860986

Seconding the book recommendation. It's pretty good, even if the future it presents is more or less hilariously impossible.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Hey so my gf and I are planning a trip to HK in 2 weeks. Niether of us speak Cantonese. We're both fluent in English, and she in many more languages than I. tonight we had a discussion about what languages to use. She says she'll be okay with Mandarin on HK. Will she get hosed using Mandarin versus English in Hong Kong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Everyone speaks English* if you're worried about that

Also people tend to speak either if they want your money

*exceptions apply