Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

wa27 posted:

The best was the rolling paper included in Big Bambu.

Nah, the best record cover was the Durutti Column's "The Return of the Durutti Column", which was just sandpaper. Which meant that it would ruin your other records in your record collection as you listened to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Xarthor posted:

If I was in a band I'd hire Mad Magazine to do a fold-in on one of the gatefold covers. Then I'd watch all the vinyl nerds turn themselves in knots trying to decide whether to fold-in and see the joke or keep the jacket pristine. :getin:

Didn't someone do this? Or am I confusing that with the Beck video.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Xarthor posted:

If I was in a band I'd hire Mad Magazine to do a fold-in on one of the gatefold covers. Then I'd watch all the vinyl nerds turn themselves in knots trying to decide whether to fold-in and see the joke or keep the jacket pristine. :getin:

Print 900 covers with a proper fold-in picture. Print 90 with a different picture that's similar enough that you won't immediately notice the differences, especially unfolded. Print 10 where the folding doesn't result in a proper picture at all.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Jerry Cotton posted:

Print 900 covers with a proper fold-in picture. Print 90 with a different picture that's similar enough that you won't immediately notice the differences, especially unfolded. Print 10 where the folding doesn't result in a proper picture at all.

Make the album like a picture disc, but instead of a picture, put a smaller album inside it.

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
a flexidisc would be thin enough as a replacement for the picture, wouldn't it?

unless that's what you meant

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
My favorite band ever, Soul Coughing, is reissuing all three of their albums on July 24th (even the first one which was never released on vinyl in the first place). Unfortunately they're only getting released in the UK even though the band is from New York and not notably popular across the pond as far as i can tell? In any case, I was wondering if I could bargain with a kind britgoon to pick them up and send them to me at non-insane prices. Most places want about $50 usd each incl. shipping which seems... silly.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

My favorite band ever, Soul Coughing, is reissuing all three of their albums on July 24th (even the first one which was never released on vinyl in the first place). Unfortunately they're only getting released in the UK even though the band is from New York and not notably popular across the pond as far as i can tell? In any case, I was wondering if I could bargain with a kind britgoon to pick them up and send them to me at non-insane prices. Most places want about $50 usd each incl. shipping which seems... silly.

Amazon.co.uk. They're just pretty expensive it looks like. Maybe soul coughing thinks their fans are rubes. There's still time to make another 90s band your favorite, like cake or the spin doctors.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

BigFactory posted:

Amazon.co.uk. They're just pretty expensive it looks like. Maybe soul coughing thinks their fans are rubes. There's still time to make another 90s band your favorite, like cake or the spin doctors.

I actually got into a whole thing with someone recently because I talked poo poo about the Spin Doctors. It was really pretty weird.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CPL593H posted:

I actually got into a whole thing with someone recently because I talked poo poo about the Spin Doctors. It was really pretty weird.

Nothing wrong with the spin doctors

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BigFactory posted:

Nothing wrong with the spin doctors

They're just such a milquetoast band to vehemently defend. Especially 20 years after they stopped being relevant.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Little Miss Can't Be Wrong and Two Princes.......

are the only two songs I can remember about them and are the only songs I think anyone can care about. But man, what a great pair of songs.

I think that's what makes them so disappointing. They had two great songs. If they only had one, you'd be cool with it. But now you're left asking "What went wrong?"

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
cool, i'm gonna ask my record store to get me a copy of ruby vroom

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Cemetry Gator posted:

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong and Two Princes.......

are the only two songs I can remember about them and are the only songs I think anyone can care about. But man, what a great pair of songs.

I think that's what makes them so disappointing. They had two great songs. If they only had one, you'd be cool with it. But now you're left asking "What went wrong?"

From what I'm told, basically the rest of their catalog was opener-on-the-HORDE-Tour jamband noodling.

Also, they had a third hit, even, with Pocketful of Kryptonite.

e: apparently the real title of that song is Jimmy Olsen's Blues, even though "Pocket..." was the name of the LP. What the gently caress, Spin Doctors.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 4, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
You guys forgetting Cleopatra's Cat smh

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

pfs Write posted:

a flexidisc would be thin enough as a replacement for the picture, wouldn't it?

unless that's what you meant

Either a flexi or a real record, like maybe a 45.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

If your goon interests span across other forums, you might be interested to know that that the OST for Dropsy is up for pre-order as a limited edition pressing of 500 copies on transparent orange vinyl.

The game itself still isn't out yet, though. :sweatdrop:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ballz posted:

If your goon interests span across other forums, you might be interested to know that that the OST for Dropsy is up for pre-order as a limited edition pressing of 500 copies on transparent orange vinyl.

The game itself still isn't out yet, though. :sweatdrop:

I was really considering whether or not to buy that record until you pointed out that it's a game's soundtrack. Sold.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Along with my eager anticipation for the Mother 1, Mega Man and Manos OSTs I fear I'm tumbling down a rabbit hole even deeper than my brief 78 rpm shellac phase. :ohdear:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

wait what

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

From the same goon label that put out the Martin soundtrack featured on the last page. No release date, but I'd expect it to come out around the same time as the blu-ray restoration.

Edit: Torgo's theme is a locked groove. :getin:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 4, 2015

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Ballz posted:

From the same goon label that put out the Martin soundtrack featured on the last page. No release date, but I'd expect it to come out around the same time as the blu-ray restoration.

It should be out in September. We'll be making a more formal announcement very soon.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ballz posted:

There's way more craft and effort put into this cover than there was for the entire film Manos the Hands of Fate.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ballz posted:

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

It should be out in September. We'll be making a more formal announcement very soon.

wait what, Ship to Shore PhonoCo. is goon-run? :D

i really dig the class of nuke em high soundtrack you guys put out last year and you should release way more stuff imo

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Ernie. posted:

wait what, Ship to Shore PhonoCo. is goon-run? :D

i really dig the class of nuke em high soundtrack you guys put out last year and you should release way more stuff imo

Thanks!

We've got a lot planned. Manos, the Mother (Earthbound Beginnings) soundtrack, Mother 2 (Earthbound), plus some other things that are in the negotiation stages. Plus our Martin release just dropped last week.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

CPL593H posted:

There's way more craft and effort put into this cover than there was for the entire film Manos the Hands of Fate.

This poster has been available on the Manos restoration site for awhile now. Got one hanging on my wall. Pretty cool piece.

http://www.manosinhd.com/fundraising/

funk_mata
Nov 1, 2005

I'm hot for you and you're hot for me--ooka dooka dicka dee.
Clapping Larry

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Thanks!

We've got a lot planned. Manos, the Mother (Earthbound Beginnings) soundtrack, Mother 2 (Earthbound), plus some other things that are in the negotiation stages. Plus our Martin release just dropped last week.

Gonna buy that Earthbound soundtrack...

Celebrated the 4th in Seattle @ Jive Time records. My favorite record store in the city so far, but that's probably because I was finally able to find "Signals, Calls, and Marches." Since it's the re-issue with their first single on the second side, I also get to enjoy my favorite song of there's Academy Fight Song:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

funk_mata posted:

Gonna buy that Earthbound soundtrack...

Celebrated the 4th in Seattle @ Jive Time records. My favorite record store in the city so far, but that's probably because I was finally able to find "Signals, Calls, and Marches." Since it's the re-issue with their first single on the second side, I also get to enjoy my favorite song of there's Academy Fight Song:

Does that copy of Metal Machine Music have one of those stickers for radio stations to see the track lengths, because if so that is all kinds of hilarious.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Thanks!

Is Mother 2 a straight game OST or will it be an arranged album like Mother 1 is?

Detective Thompson posted:

This poster has been available on the Manos restoration site for awhile now. Got one hanging on my wall. Pretty cool piece.

http://www.manosinhd.com/fundraising/

Got mine too, it looks loving awesome. :hellyeah:

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Ballz posted:

Is Mother 2 a straight game OST or will it be an arranged album like Mother 1 is?

Got mine too, it looks loving awesome. :hellyeah:

Mother 2 is medleys of music straight from the game. Another double LP set.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
for anyone into video game/ambient music the minecraft OST is also getting a release

http://www.theghostlystore.com/products/c418-minecraft-volume-alpha
http://www.fatbeats.com/collections/pre-order/products/c418-minecraft-volume-alpha-lp-transparent-green-vinyl-3d-lenticular-jacket
http://www.amazon.com/Minecraft-Volume-Alpha-Transparent-Green/dp/B00ZVUQMS8
http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/soundtrack-ost-minecraft-volume-alpha-ltd.html

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

yup and I bought one because that lenticular jacket looks sexy and I am free to gimmicks

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

SeXReX posted:

yup and I bought one because that lenticular jacket looks sexy and I am free to gimmicks

same. the soundtrack is great though, i don't play the game but the music is lovely

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Anyone else get this?

quote:

Hello,

We've learned that due to a catalogue error the listings for "Substance [VINYL]" (ASIN B00XP8H26O) and "Still [VINYL]" (ASIN B00XP8H1E2) by Joy Division were mixed up.

We don't want to send you something you don't want so we've cancelled this item from your order and you haven't been charged for it.

The website has now been updated. If you want to reorder the correct item, you can go directly to our listing for it using one of the following links:

Substance [VINYL]: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XP8H26O

Still [VINYL]: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XP8H1E2

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service
Amazon.co.uk

Wouldn't be a big deal if I hadn't ordered Substance at £14.99 and now it's £27.99

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

A cautionary tale:

That Pink Floyd bootleg I was so happy to find at the Solid Sound Festival? I got interrupted while playing "Echoes," so I stopped it and figured I'd come back to it shortly thereafter. Blah blah blah, I left it on my turntable a couple days, and that's what I came back to. I recently moved to a temporary location, and a big windowsill area is the only place for my music gear at the moment. It's in the sun, but I figured since the record was lying flat on my Pro-Ject's acrylic platter, even if it got a little wobbly in the heat, it'd stay flat anyhow. Boy, was I wrong.

Now I know :(

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
do you live on the surface of the sun?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

stay depressed posted:

Australian outback strikes again.

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

stay depressed posted:

Massachusetts is about equidistant between the Australian outback and the Sun. It hasn't even been especially hot... Maybe my front windows are made from magnifying glasses.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

iluvpr0n posted:

Massachusetts is about equidistant between the Australian outback and the Sun. It hasn't even been especially hot... Maybe my front windows are made from magnifying glasses.

If memory serves, they're made of the same material unless you have super lovely windows (and even then, they could be the same material as a lovely magnifying glass!)

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 6, 2015

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Fatbeats link has the lenticular jacket for $10 less than Amazon / Ghostly, and offers free shipping. Anything I should know about that site, or are they good to order from? Skepticism piqued when I saw the price difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Barry posted:

Anyone else get this?

Wouldn't be a big deal if I hadn't ordered Substance at £14.99 and now it's £27.99

I would expect most places to honor the old price if you talk to them.