Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I stopped playing before the Clentaminator was added; is it possible to change the jungle biome into anything other than mushroom, or am I going to have to bomb out all of mud and replace it with dirt and stone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also with the latest patch Chlorophyte protects the jungle from being corrupted or hallowed, I think. The only time I had to dig a trench was to preserve my home base since a patch of crimson was getting too close, and in the end it wasn't really necessary.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

There's only 2 things that can only be caught in the sky and one of them is a quest item.

According to the wiki, there are now biome-specific fishing crates, and the sky one can have sky chest items in it. With a lucky pyramid and sky lake, you can craft a bundle of balloons without any world-hopping.

Anyways, fishing is ridiculous. I spent about a half-hour on gathering bait (worm + star) and sonar potions, doing a couple quests, and fishing in the sea a bit, and now I have a better hook than the gem hook I was using, the best pre-hardmode pick, and a tiny minotaur following me around.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh man gently caress YOU expert mode Plantera, I am going to have to build such a huge fuckoff arena just to fight you :suicide:

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Also you can fish, dungeon crates. So you can get dungeon loot, vary useful in multiplayer. I like that addition a lot.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
I always get bored when I start to try and dig a 4-tile gap through the entire world to section off the corruption/hallow before going into hard mode, it's just a real pain in the rear end to dig through like 500 tiles of water while stopping for breath

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Excelzior posted:

oh man gently caress YOU expert mode Plantera, I am going to have to build such a huge fuckoff arena just to fight you :suicide:

He's the first expert mode boss that an endgame equipped character might have trouble with, he's absolutely terrifying.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Spergminer posted:

He's the first expert mode boss that an endgame equipped character might have trouble with, he's absolutely terrifying.

tell me about it, I breezed through the mecha bosses but Plantera is a real wake up call

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Qylvaran posted:

According to the wiki, there are now biome-specific fishing crates, and the sky one can have sky chest items in it. With a lucky pyramid and sky lake, you can craft a bundle of balloons without any world-hopping.

Anyways, fishing is ridiculous. I spent about a half-hour on gathering bait (worm + star) and sonar potions, doing a couple quests, and fishing in the sea a bit, and now I have a better hook than the gem hook I was using, the best pre-hardmode pick, and a tiny minotaur following me around.

That's one of the 2 things I mentioned. All biomes with special chests have crates you can get chest items out of, so you're no longer have to remake to get everyone their horseshoes and the like (though you might as well because biome chests are really rare).

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Abandoned Toaster posted:

According to the Wiki they changed Fireblossom blooms. Instead of needing lava they bloom from 3:45 pm to 7:30 pm.

Heh, that would explain it. Did another Hell run and got away with 40 fireblossoms and 60 seeds, using the Staff of Regrowth. I think I'm set for a while.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Qylvaran posted:

What are you fishing up to give you those items? I just started fishing and have gotten like 15 wood, 1 iron, and 1 gold chest. Best things from them would be the turtle mount and a random puffer fish balloon.

For everyone who says don't start expert fresh, go fishing. I have yet to go farther down than character height and I already have like 6 platinum bars, 14 tungsten bars and other random stuff. Also got lucky with finding a Strange Plant right where I started on the surface and now have 3 bottles of Acid Blue dye.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Has anyone gotten a tally counter yet? The wiki says that they drop from dungeon enemies, but I've been killing poo poo in dungeons for a while now and have nothing to show for it. It doesn't need to be in a hardmode dungeon does it?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Akett posted:

Has anyone gotten a tally counter yet? The wiki says that they drop from dungeon enemies, but I've been killing poo poo in dungeons for a while now and have nothing to show for it. It doesn't need to be in a hardmode dungeon does it?

I've got one but it was in a hardmode dungeon. Doesn't mean it has to be hardmode, just how I got mine.

The materials list for the cell phone are dumb though. Somehow managed to make the Ankh Shield look sane to build by comparison.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

kazil posted:

The materials list for the cell phone are dumb though.
...There's a cell phone now? Does this mean I can browse Instagram in-game or some poo poo?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

symbolic posted:

...There's a cell phone now? Does this mean I can browse Instagram in-game or some poo poo?

It combines the functionality of the magic mirror and an item that displays any possible information you could want about your world/enemies.

One of the ingredients is dropped by the nymph.

Happy hunting.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

kazil posted:

I've got one but it was in a hardmode dungeon. Doesn't mean it has to be hardmode, just how I got mine.

The materials list for the cell phone are dumb though. Somehow managed to make the Ankh Shield look sane to build by comparison.

I might just pop over to a hardmode dungeon then, this is getting ridiculous. I've even fully searched an expert mode dungeon killing poo poo the whole way and it hasn't dropped.

Honestly I hated the Ankh Shield more because it took ten items with 1 in 300 drop rates to make, whereas there are only like four items that are drops, two of which were already in the game, one admittedly is being a pain for me, and the last is admittedly insane because nymphs are rare as gently caress, but the wiki says it's a 100% drop in expert mode. The only other problem I'm having is that the traveling merchant is being a pain in the rear end about showing up.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

kazil posted:

It combines the functionality of the magic mirror and an item that displays any possible information you could want about your world/enemies.

One of the ingredients is dropped by the nymph.

Happy hunting.

3 of the ingredients are random fishing quest rewards :smithicide:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

At least you can guarantee one of those quests a day, the traveling merchant will only show up 1 out of five days and you need three loving things from him. I've already gotten the fish finder items from the angler, I still need the stopwatch and the lifeform analyzer because the traveling merchant is an rear end in a top hat.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I have 5 sextants, 3 pockets guides and zero weather radios. Got all the other 9 parts, I just need that radio. :shepface:

Also if you're a Steam achievement whore like me, don't do fisher quests yet. While it tracks quests in-game quests just fine, Steam isn't tracking them at all.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Akett posted:

We finally beat Expert Skeletron with a ton of bees and I can confirm that the Tally Counter drops pre-Hardmode, we found 3 in the dungeon but I don't know if 4 people spamming bees and cutting down hundreds of skeletons had something to do with it. I think the Nazar drop has been increased too, or we were just super lucky, we found 2.

Edit: Forgot that Expert Mode enemies have a higher chance to drop items, so that's probably why.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jul 3, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So there's horse shoe balloons now, can you make a bundle of horse shoe balloons?

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
To the people whining about Skeletron in Expert, you need to properly prepare for the fight, and get more people. Did it with about 7 people or so, fresh characters. Everyone was using bees and it was amazing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Nuebot posted:

So there's horse shoe balloons now, can you make a bundle of horse shoe balloons?

You can't, but you can make a bundle of balloons and a horseshoe balloon for quintuple jumps that don't have fall damage. Or you can wait a few minutes for wings.

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012

So the top two NPC rooms are considered invalid housing for some reason. Anyone have an idea why? They were previously considered valid until the NPCs died in them during a goblin attack.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Cubemario posted:

To the people whining about Skeletron in Expert, how dare you try and play a game without more people when the gamedev is a moron who somehow assumed no problems with windows only servers.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Blood moon, slime rain, eye of Cthulhu spawning and a goblin invasion all in the span of four days on expert mode. :suicide:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LEGO Genetics posted:

Blood moon, slime rain, eye of Cthulhu spawning and a goblin invasion all in the span of four days on expert mode. :suicide:

Ever since I got cocky enough to start breaking shadow orbs on my expert mode world I've had more blood moon nights than normal ones. I'm getting kind of used to it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Wyvernil posted:

I had this same problem at first when testing out the camera mode.

I found the screenshots in the Documents/My Games/Terraria section on the desktop. Though that's something they could use: an option on the menu to determine where you want the game to save your screenshots. Unless there is one and I missed it somewhere.

Thanks!

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
Three people with bees destroyed expert skeletron. We even made a giant elaborate platform arena that we didn't even need, I don't think we dropped under half health the entire fight.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

well, it took a good bit of digging out, but once I had a suitable arena Plantera went down in a single attempt. Now on to the Golem. Can't wait to see the damage he puts out in that tiny cramped space (since I don't have a Picksaw)

e: what the gently caress, he was a total pushover.....uh....ok? time to hit up the moon lord I guess :shrug:

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 3, 2015

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The Endless Ballsack is great. I can just walk around with my Megashark hanging out of my pants and both see and kill everything.

Also, the Bone Glove that drops from Expert Skeletron is actually pretty cool owns bones, since throwing is now its own damage type which is boosted by certain armor sets like ninja gear and the new Fossil Armor (Dig up some fossil beds in underground deserts and run them through an Extractinator). I don't know how well throwing and its armor sets scales, but even without the armor I was handing dungeon enemies their faces with their own bones.

e:

Excelzior posted:

well, it took a good bit of digging out, but once I had a suitable arena Plantera went down in a single attempt. Now on to the Golem. Can't wait to see the damage he puts out in that tiny cramped space (since I don't have a Picksaw)

e: what the gently caress, he was a total pushover.....uh....ok? time to hit up the moon lord I guess :shrug:
Could you share a shot of your arena? Plantera is my biggest stumbling block in Hardmode, I've never gotten past it.

Also never beaten the Twins or Skeletron Prime, but I'm feeling good about my chances with this new stuff.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 3, 2015

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Dareon posted:

Could you share a shot of your arena? Plantera is my biggest stumbling block in Hardmode, I've never gotten past it.

Three solid platforms in a triangle formation (plantera "grabs" onto solid surfaces)

this should give you the gist of it if you consider the minimap :

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Spergminer posted:

I have 5 sextants, 3 pockets guides and zero weather radios. Got all the other 9 parts, I just need that radio. :shepface:

Also if you're a Steam achievement whore like me, don't do fisher quests yet. While it tracks quests in-game quests just fine, Steam isn't tracking them at all.

Got an extra radio if you want it.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

benzine posted:

Got an extra radio if you want it.

Nah, I'm cool, got finally got two radios earlier. The PDA is so cool and you can share the stats with people on the same team, as long as they're near you.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Caught this on the goon server last night:

I think my favorite thing so far was somebody using the portal gun to dump people in a lava trap. It got me at least twice.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Oh, are we posting bases now? Here's what I have so far:

The mountain up top isn't filled in yet, and I plan to extend the fortress higher up, but this is the beginning of an ice fortress.

Anyone else got bases to share(whether finished or in progress)?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So playing a while, I have determined that this game needs Cloud Furniture, and then it can be left alone forever, because it's now pretty close to perfect (to me).

... maybe also raincloud furniture. That drips water.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Wyvernil posted:

Oh, are we posting bases now? Here's what I have so far:

The mountain up top isn't filled in yet, and I plan to extend the fortress higher up, but this is the beginning of an ice fortress.

Anyone else got bases to share(whether finished or in progress)?

Here's my 1.2 outer space Fleshstation that became a victim of collecting too much garbage.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Oh god I've never played this for more than 5 minutes before and now there's so much poo poo I dont even know where to start. I'm guessing the wiki is a good place to begin when trying to figure out what to do in the beginning? I found a chest and ended up with a silver pick, not sure how many tiers I skipped with that but it's pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

queeb posted:

Oh god I've never played this for more than 5 minutes before and now there's so much poo poo I dont even know where to start. I'm guessing the wiki is a good place to begin when trying to figure out what to do in the beginning? I found a chest and ended up with a silver pick, not sure how many tiers I skipped with that but it's pretty awesome.

Ask the Guide for ideas what to do. Generally, build houses and dig into caves.