Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also no one cares but i started obamaquester back up to cover the election cycle

because im an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Yeah, it's worth noting that 50% approval has been his high watermark in the state, and he honestly has struggled to reach those lofty heights by virtue of his sheer anti-charisma. His reputation is going to be as one of the adults in the room, but he's basically just tried to pander to whoever seems to hold the power in the room at the time and worry about it later. Also, it's worth noting that he held onto the governorship in large portion because he had a war chest to spend and was running against the single worst Democratic candidate Ohio and possibly the United States have ever seen. Like seriously, for the Aussie guy who brought up Kasich, do yourself a solid and look up Ed Fitzgerald and all the incredible scandals, gaffes, and whatever else he had in that campaign--it was unprecedented for how awful it was.I recommend Plunderbund for any research on Kasich as a governor though. He's a shrewd operator, but he's not nearly charismatic enough to pull this off.

Also the story of him defending acceptance of the subsidies at the Koch retreat is incredible and one of the few moments in the world I've believed the man has a soul.

Kasicharisma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF0_Qe4zNrE

Kasicharisma 2, Not Gonna Lookatchoo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V16YdW024E

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Alter Ego posted:

That's not why they don't want Trump to be the nominee. They don't want him as the nominee because he is the right's unfiltered id and they will get buried in a reverse-Reagan landslide, especially if Hillary is his opponent.

Whether he says the crap he says for attention or not is irrelevant (he does). The horrendous out-and-out racism, coupled with the lawsuit against Univision that he will almost certainly lose, is a one-two toxic punch.

Trump/Hilary in a debate would be amazing because Trump would probably say something insane like "well I guess it's clear why your husband cheated on you" and then we'd finally get to see an execution live on national TV as she first verbally and then physically rips him a new rear end in a top hat.

RACHET posted:

^^^

Please provide definitive proof that the other Republican candidates are smarter than Trump.

Ben Carson is unquestionably smarter than Donald Trump.

FAUXTON posted:

At this point probably Santorum or Rubio.

Santorum as president would go full blown Theocracy as fast as Huckabee.

Though if you put a gun to my head and made me pick, I'd pickRubio the bullet.

Gyges posted:

Out of curiosity, would it be possible for Trump to present so labyrinthine a collection of shell companies and financial shuffling for his official filings that nobody can unravel it enough to say just how busted his checkbook is for another 9 months or so?

Alternatively, how likely is it that Trump just refuses to properly file and dares the toothless bureaucracy to try and stop him from declaring his name worth 12 billion?

I'm sure the IRS would be more than happy to take in to account such a sudden increase in his net worth. :getin:

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
Hey, what if Trump ends up spoiling the Republicans? I don't see him backing down from the race, period, and when he fails to secure the nomination, he might just run as an Independent or form his own Trump Party. Definitely seems like a Trump move.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That belongs in a museum! :argh:

I know, it's a great picture :allears:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm sure the IRS would be more than happy to take in to account such a sudden increase in his net worth. :getin:

This strategy was actually used in a divorce from one of his wives.

If Donald says he's worth 5 billion, and she gets half, shouldn't she get 2.5 billion?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

AsInHowe posted:

This strategy was actually used in a divorce from one of his wives.

If Donald says he's worth 5 billion, and she gets half, shouldn't she get 2.5 billion?

Since most of his value is the brand name, they'll compromise and she'll just take the first letter from his name.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

computer parts posted:

Since most of his value is the brand name, they'll compromise and she'll just take the first letter from his name.

Would we refer to him politically as rRump, or rumpRump?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

computer parts posted:

Can't wait to stay at the Rump Hotel. :butt:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Cugel the Clever posted:

The avatar purchase page specifically says you can't use img tags and the preview doesn't work. Are they just lazy as gently caress and haven't updated that section since 2003?

Preview works for me. You can use images as long as they are served from SA's server (i think). Anyway, it has worked for a bunch of people. Make sure you take out the space in the [/img] tag if you are copy/pasting what I posted.

Probably.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Fox Ironic posted:

Hey, what if Trump ends up spoiling the Republicans? I don't see him backing down from the race, period, and when he fails to secure the nomination, he might just run as an Independent or form his own Trump Party. Definitely seems like a Trump move.

He's already been an unmitigated disaster, especially since serious people like Ted Cruz, Sean Hannity, and Rich Lowry have defended him. It's the GOP's problem now, not just Trump's.

Trump will be in commercials in November 2016 if he drops out tomorrow. He's so ridiculously inflammatory it's like he's a Democratic Party plant. And since he was such good friends with the Clintons (donated money to their foundation) until about 8 years ago, I wouldn't put it past him. Until I realize that Trump only acts in his best interest, and that this is a real thing that is really happening.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Can't rush this. We must let... ~*~the market decide~*~

Who in god's creation hooks their sunglasses on their belt?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

SedanChair posted:

I'm struggling to imagine a worst place to put them.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I've been Batmanning and Witchering for a week, what did I miss?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Fulchrum posted:

I've been Batmanning and Witchering for a week, what did I miss?

Trump got dumped.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

computer parts posted:

Trump got dumped.

drat it all. So who's the new hood ornament on the Clown car?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fulchrum posted:

drat it all. So who's the new hood ornament on the Clown car?

Trump.

The car horn is him yelling racist things about Mexicans.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Has he won any polls outright? Dare we dream that the id has fully taken over and that balding orangutans scrotum may become the nominee?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

computer parts posted:

Trump got dumped.

not according to trump

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Fox Ironic posted:

Well you know, the last Clinton did get in in no small part thanks to the actions of a deranged billionaire.

The difference is that I imagine Perot meant well.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nessus posted:

Well you know, the last Clinton did get in in no small part thanks to the actions of a deranged billionaire.

The difference is that I imagine Perot meant well.

I have a genuine fondness for Ross Perot. He's sort of this weird amalgam of "now-extinct sane Republican*" and "eccentric billionaire who's pretty sure he's put enough thought into policy questions to have a valid opinion".

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

Dare we think the unimaginable?

Trump vs. Bernie?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Logic Probed posted:

Trump vs. Bernie?

AKA: Drunken Argument in Jon Stewart's Family Reunion 2016.

Pinback
Jul 22, 2012

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery
just mowing us all down...

Logic Probed posted:

Trump vs. Bernie?

A truly symbolic battle for the soul of America. We could only dream of an election simultaneously so poetic and so absurdly entertaining, I'd take it as compelling evidence for the existence of a just God.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Absurd Alhazred posted:

AKA: Drunken Argument in Jon Stewart's Family Reunion 2016.

I'd take it as a sign from God that Jon was not meant to retire just yet. The country would need him then more than ever before.

Tragically, we probably won't get such a perfect matchup. There should honestly be enough historical irony and entertainment value in a Bush vs. Clinton matchup to keep us satisfied but this primary's already served up some daring dreams.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
So Jim Webb's offfiZzzzzz

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Dolash posted:

Tragically, we probably won't get such a perfect matchup. There should honestly be enough historical irony and entertainment value in a Bush vs. Clinton matchup to keep us satisfied but this primary's already served up some daring dreams.

Politics needs a losers bracket for Undersecretary of the Interior or some poo poo.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Evil Fluffy posted:

Trump.

The car horn is him yelling racist things about Mexicans.

One morning in Austin TX a train that was passing through had to stop because it had an electrical fault and the horn got stuck on. Of course this happened when it was passing near the well to do area of town because sometimes things work out in amazing ways. Rich fuckers who preferred to pretend that the outside world didn't exist when they didn't need it had to listen to it for hours on end and were really mad about the train not just going somewhere that they didn't have to listen to it.

For some reason the Trump drama reminds me of that. Except instead of a train horn it is a stream of "WETBACKS WETBACKS OUR JOBS!!!!!"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jeb! likes Katy Perry and Bud Light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BjeNejOenw

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I agree with Jeb Bush on these important issues.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

SedanChair posted:

At least it's not a fanny pack.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Oh man he got the "creepy old guy who likes Katy Pery a bit too much" grin after he said her name.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Shifty Pony posted:

Oh man he got the "creepy old guy who likes Katy Pery a bit too much" grin after he said her name.

That is like the last thing we should be worried about or analyzing. She has good boobs, old men like nice boobs, done.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Could have been much worse.

He could have said Bud Light Lime.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
I know that only a few hundred thousand people are even going to see JEBS! video, but why the hell would he do that? Fire whomever told you that was a good idea, JEB!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
But does he like 60's music, 70's music, and Twilight? Does he live for laughter? The public needs to know!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

They thought automating their campaign strategy would increase efficiency and reduce costs.

I wonder when CampaignBot2016 will crush its first intern.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

That man never drank a Bud Light in his life.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Photographic evidence from May that Jeb! is a flip-flopper, liar, and diet cheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

That man never drank a Bud Light in his life.

He could be a michelada guy, and the only Andover grad I've known loved Clamato.

Edit: An interview format like that is the only way Jeb can't make a gaffe.

The X-man cometh fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 3, 2015

• Locked thread