Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
This game just gave me a full on Blue Screen Of Death. Haven't seen that happen in over a year probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

People who say that the freeze grenade is useless are weird because it's pretty easily the most overpowered gadget in any Batman game. You can essentially put an entire dude on pause for like a full minute.

I didn't know about it until right before I finished the main story at around 85%, so I felt like a real dummy :(

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I always hated all the people who sperged out about how to exploit the score system in Arkham's combat modes.

And lo and behold, some rear end in a top hat thought it would be fun to put some upgrade points into the AR missions.

I've spent the last hour trying to beat Untouchable. gently caress you so very very much.

The challenge isn't about dodging. Its about decoding the loving spawn code for the tanks.

Who the hell thought this was fun?

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 3, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Narcissus1916 posted:

I always hated all the people who sperged out about how to exploit the score system in Arkham's combat modes.

And lo and behold, some rear end in a top hat thought it would be fun to put some upgrade points into the AR missions.

I've spent the last hour trying to beat Untouchable. gently caress you so very very much.

The challenge isn't about dodging. Its about decoding the loving spawn code for the tanks.

You will not max out your upgrades until ng+ so relax and go do something you don't hate.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'll be honest, I thought the AK deathstroke fight was cool because I believed it was dependent on what mission you did last, I did a disarm mission last so I thought that's why I fought him in a tank.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CJacobs posted:

It's kind of a shame Batman's dialogue doesn't change at all with regards to the firefighter rescue mission and the burning buildings mission. About halfway through the firefighter mission he starts to suspect Firefly as the culprit behind all the pre-game fires and the capture of the firefighters, but if you've played the OTHER fire-related mission you have already caught Firefly and so logically Batman would either go "but he's already behind bars sooo" or "but he couldn't have been the suspect because he was doing this other fire-related stuff". Instead he just goes on suspecting Firefly until the real culprit is deduced. You'd think they would have considered that with how crazy in-depth this game is with its incidental dialogue.

The suspicious stuff isn't the fires, it's the lack of alarms or forced entry.

CharlestonJew posted:

I guess it only pops up after you've solved the riddle for it, because I definitely didn't notice it when I visited the lab a 2nd time either.

No, that message was definitely there when I went back for the Riddle.

Maybe it's tied to a separate milestone in another quest.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Perry Normal posted:

In the post-game, I've also taken to using the Adam West suit for the first time in the open world, which makes me laugh really hard cause it feels like he had some sort of mental break when his identity was exposed and he started going around in this ridiculous costume.

In that case why not go all out and put him in the Zur-En-Arrh costume?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like the implication that the game went really heavy handed with the Jason Todd flashbacks at the studio because by then Bats had figured out he was the Arkham Knight but was in denial about it.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

This game just gave me a full on Blue Screen Of Death. Haven't seen that happen in over a year probably.

It bluescreened me the last two times I played it, which is especially weird as I'm at 80% completion and had no problems until now. Waiting for the next patch before I try it again.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I just started playing this last night. Up through finishing ACE chemicals. Just one question: does this game have any of the sort of hidden stuff referencing various characters, the picture based riddles, and so on? I've got a bigass city to fly around, but so far it feels like nothing's actually there to land for other than these firefighter and serial killer missions.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Narcissus1916 posted:

I kept getting so close and then loving up. I still hate it and am not saying I think on balance that it's a good challenge, but it forced me to learn tank combat REALLY WELL and I ended up changing my batmobile controls (changed to battle mode toggle, swapped 60mm and battle mode mouse buttons). Hacking and EMP and not getting trapped too near the side of the arena are key. Also having that double boost upgrade.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Emron posted:

I just started playing this last night. Up through finishing ACE chemicals. Just one question: does this game have any of the sort of hidden stuff referencing various characters, the picture based riddles, and so on? I've got a bigass city to fly around, but so far it feels like nothing's actually there to land for other than these firefighter and serial killer missions.

Anything that actually involves a photo riddle is marked as [] on the riddle page.

There's a few that are pretty drat abstract, but most are pretty fair.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Probably buying this on the PS4 today. I was going between this and The Witcher 3 but considering I'm 100% fiercely addicted to ESO right now I figured I'd grab this now and buy TW3 later on when I need another fantasy fix down the line. Anyway, I was wondering if I should know anything about the DLC situation before jumping in. Is there anything I should buy early or is it a play for a while then buy whatever appeals to you kind of deal. If anything I'd probably be mostly interested in skins because I actually only play games to dress up my dolls.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I like the implication that the game went really heavy handed with the Jason Todd flashbacks at the studio because by then Bats had figured out he was the Arkham Knight but was in denial about it.

Didn't really feel like that was implied since Batman is shocked to find out Jason's alive during the reveal

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Probably buying this on the PS4 today. I was going between this and The Witcher 3 but considering I'm 100% fiercely addicted to ESO right now I figured I'd grab this now and buy TW3 later on when I need another fantasy fix down the line. Anyway, I was wondering if I should know anything about the DLC situation before jumping in. Is there anything I should buy early or is it a play for a while then buy whatever appeals to you kind of deal. If anything I'd probably be mostly interested in skins because I actually only play games to dress up my dolls.

There's one free skin pack that's been released, and beyond that nobody knows, except that the season pass is like 30 bucks.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Crappy Jack posted:

There's one free skin pack that's been released, and beyond that nobody knows, except that the season pass is like 30 bucks.

Oh okay, thank you. I don't really have a problem with modern DLC/preorder bs but man they sure did go all out riding the money making confusion train here! Oh well punching thugs and riding the batmobile should be worth it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Rocksteady DLC so far hasn't been stellar anyhow.

Based on the old harley one from city alone I'd recommend buying the GOTY copy on discount then any singular dlc.

I play these games slowly especially challenge maps, (like I can sit in one for about 20 minutes just screwing around) and the dlc still felt utterly disappointing for the cost it was.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of DLC, Batgirl's will be released on July 14th for Season Pass owners and the 21th for everyone else. Aside of a whole new area with secrets and more it promises dual play with Robin.

For non Season Pass owners, the DLC will cost $6.99

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 3, 2015

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It's also made by WB Montreal rather than Rocksteady.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Yvonmukluk posted:

In that case why not go all out and put him in the Zur-En-Arrh costume?

It's not released yet, is it?

Emron posted:

You need to interrogate more Riddler informants. And keep your eyes open for anything unusual like burning buildings or burglar alarms on banks and such.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

It's also made by WB Montreal rather than Rocksteady.

So it'll have better writing?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Probably the best example of Batman "not killing" someone yet:

http://gfycat.com/ReadySlightHoatzin

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Arkham series taking more inspireation from Spider-man 2 I see...

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Speaking of DLC, Batgirl's will be released on July 14th for Season Pass owners and the 21th for everyone else. Aside of a whole new area with secrets and more it promises dual play with Robin.

Awesome. I didn't expect it to be released so soon. I wonder which Robin it is.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

When will it be out for PC?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Awesome. I didn't expect it to be released so soon. I wonder which Robin it is.

There's a 99% chance it is Tim Drake considering they're dating in the main game.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

ImpAtom posted:

There's a 99% chance it is Tim Drake considering they're dating in the main game.

Why would that affect which Robin is in the DLC?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah I mean, time-wise it couldn't be him, right? It would have to be set earlier.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crashbee posted:

Why would that affect which Robin is in the DLC?

Because they can use this chance to develop their relationship which otherwise was mostly offscreen?

Dogen posted:

Yeah I mean, time-wise it couldn't be him, right? It would have to be set earlier.

We don't really have any clear idea of what the timeline for the Robins is except that Dick, Jason and Tim were all Robins and Tim was the Robin by Arkham City.

The Batgirl DLC has to be set before Arkham but there's no reason Tim couldn't be the Robin by that point.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 3, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ekusukariba posted:

Didn't really feel like that was implied since Batman is shocked to find out Jason's alive during the reveal

Well, maybe figured out is too strong a word but like the idea was definitely niggling the back of his skull and his subconscious/Joker was remembering it to both reassure himself that Todd was definitely dead but also what if...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kind of lovely that they're once again going with the "season pass gets it a week earlier" model from MKX, WB really taking the cake for worst game company of the year. at this point I wonder how bad they'll gently caress up Mad Max

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Origins' multiplayer seems to imply Dick became Robin around Batman's second year of crimefighting. I could buy Jason being Robin in the DLC, though we do need more Tim/Barbara interaction.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Calaveron posted:

Well, maybe figured out is too strong a word but like the idea was definitely niggling the back of his skull and his subconscious/Joker was remembering it to both reassure himself that Todd was definitely dead but also what if...

The niggling doubt was Tim getting attacked in the secret base after oracle was attacked in a similar fashion. Start up the Jason guilt trip.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Crazy idea, but what if one of the invading villains from the dlc (the second one) was a MK character? Would you like a batman versus Scorpion fight?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Because they can use this chance to develop their relationship which otherwise was mostly offscreen?

They didn't give any indication of being interested in doing that in the main game. Personally I think it'd be more interesting if they explore her relationship with Jason given that he goes on to betray and kidnap her.

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!
The boss at the end of the mutilated corpses storyline is the worst fight in the whole series.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm just glad he's not wearing an actual pig head. I think he does that in the comics, right?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wanted to see if I could get a x999 combo in that "fight" via infinite beatdowns for everyone but I kept loving it up. :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Reverand Me posted:

The boss at the end of the mutilated corpses storyline is the worst fight in the whole series.

How so? It's just a regular combat room except sometimes you have to counter thrown knives. It's not a great fight but I can't see it being anyone's worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!

ImpAtom posted:

How so? It's just a regular combat room except sometimes you have to counter thrown knives. It's not a great fight but I can't see it being anyone's worst.

I've tried 4 times and I can't make the drat thing work. I can start a beatdown and counter the other guys but then I'll get caught by a knife or I'll counter someone and Batman just kicks the doll guy in the face instead of continuing the beatdown. I've never had this much trouble with a Arkham boss.

• Locked thread