Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

HIP is poo poo. :colbert:

I mean, it's cool that a bunch of mods were semi-merged together for maximum compatibility but holy hell is it unfun to play with all of them.

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Aren't you the guy who's making a late antiquity byzantophile mod? If so then why didn't you release it already? Maybe you're just that lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Back To 99 posted:

HIP has a lot of problems, but it has so much more content than boring vanilla that you're the dumb one for not playing it.

Ive tried HIP and I prefer vanilla always.

I would love to have more events and ambitions in vanilla, but HIP seemed bloated and half-arsed to me on these things. And every other change in balance and gameplay make the game less fun to play. Same goes for (current) CK2+ too.

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 3, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
You don't have to install SWMH. I never have.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Elias_Maluco posted:

Ive tried HIP and I prefer vanilla always.

I would love to have more events and ambitions in vanilla, but HIP seemed bloated and half-arsed to me on these things. And every other change in balance and gameplay make the game less fun to play. Same goes for (current) CK2+ too.
You do realize that HIP literally have an install executable that allow you to create the mod of your choice from all the various submods, literally asking you "do you want this submod to be part of the mod YES/NO" for each part of the mod and you can choose not to have the lovely events or the map if you don't want to?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Toplowtech posted:

You do realize that HIP literally have an install executable that allow you to create the mod of your choice from all the various submods, literally asking you "do you want this submod to be part of the mod YES/NO" for each part of the mod and you can choose not to have the lovely events or the map if you don't want to?

Yes, I know. And I didnt liked any part of it, that was what I was saying.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
How much does the weather actually effect gameplay?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Shnooks posted:

How much does the weather actually effect gameplay?

Try invading Scandinavia in the winter, come back crying when counties have supply levels of 800 men, even with Military Organization 4.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah. You really need someone with the Winter Soldier trait to do that. And even then you'd better be prepared to divide your army into small pieces and spend years slowly sieging down holdings.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Tried my first iron man game. Went with the viking guy who starts in Endland, Jorvik. You know the one I mean. He got crap stats this time especially in diplomacy and stewardship but I figured I'd role with it It because Ironman. The stewardship thing really hosed me in the long run . It was going swell right up until my guy died. Well kind of. I took king of Wales because I couldn't assassinate the mercia and wessex guys fast enough to cb them without getting stacks of truce breaker to get king of England. I converted to Catholicism because of a pretty substantial holy war against my guy which caused a civil war which ate the end of my event troops. I won shortly before I died. My heirs of course were Germanics which I wanted to get back to so it wasn't the worst thing.

Like right before the starting guy died the heir went incapable. Ok I figured , so I immediately tried to imprison the lower crown authority guy which started a cival war but it cut down on the amount of faction shenanigans till the 50 year incapable guy dies. And that did in fairness work. And then when he died the new heir was down to 1 county, the head of a duchy and a kingdom. So troops from demense was totally screwed. Gavelkind.txt I know. Like he could raise a 1.5k. It was miserable. So I figured screw it and I started rebuilding. Partly what I started with was trying to imprison plotters with titles so I could revoke them and get manpower back. Of course the spymaster is half useless so I got 1 county back and I took a mercia county. Of course its sometime before I can raise troops from there but ok.

Finally the totally miserable part happened, when I can raise maybe 2.5k total guys the last uncontrolled county in Wales guy declares war on me and I guess he married a Karling or something but the entire clown car is turning up to take over Wales. I quit out at that point. My allies were totally useless because no one is that keen on marrying pagans.

It was fun though a bit infuriating. If that one guy hadn't gone incapable I really would have been so much better off. Think I might reroll the start until the starting viking has a non 4 stewardship skill so I can maintain some kind of army on his death.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Toplowtech posted:

You know i have read the EMF description a few times and the person writing the description of that mod is trying really hard to be as verbose a possible while doing the best job ever not telling me what the drat mod does. All i got out of the 5000 words description is "less random event adding removing traits, more choices impacting your traits". "Overhaul mod with a focus upon quality, coherency, plausibility, and dynamism" is so descriptive, how about some example of the changes in the mod so i can know if i want it. Then i realized the changelog was hidden in the fourth post.

vvvv i tried using it once, then i saw the France and Italian provinces and said NOPE, let's use the default one. I can deal with bad historical geography but oversperged map with like 6 provinces for Genoa alone? I will pass.

EMF does have the "Bless With Luck" decision which loving owns. It gives a huge stat boost to any character you want, and a few other bonuses IIRC, and it's really useful for making sure poo poo stays off the rails when it goes off the rails. Successful jihad for Sicily with a Mande guy taking the land? Bless that motherfucker now.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I had an amusing thing happen trying to take a barony from the Jomsvikings - suddenly, the Knights of Santiago were sieging me. I go to check it out, and it just so happens that the warchief of the Jomsvikings is of the same dynasty as both the Knights of Santiago's Grandmaster, and the current pope. This from a dynasty with only 17 living people. It was fairly impressive. Possibly related to the fact that catholicism had been virtually extinguished at this point, but still.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

I Love Annie May posted:

Aren't you the guy who's making a late antiquity byzantophile mod? If so then why didn't you release it already? Maybe you're just that lazy.

Yes, I am. :smug:

Also, it's not a Byzantophile mod, you retard. It's an Islamophile mod.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

beefart posted:

EMF does have the "Bless With Luck" decision which loving owns. It gives a huge stat boost to any character you want, and a few other bonuses IIRC, and it's really useful for making sure poo poo stays off the rails when it goes off the rails. Successful jihad for Sicily with a Mande guy taking the land? Bless that motherfucker now.
Yeah that kind of "manipulate the game by improving other people and watch what happens" thing makes me wish that the "god mod" was something a little more subtle than "become immortal and create your angel/demon army" and was about using humans as pawn. Like there are 12 immortal landless characters going around the world receiving many regular small random generated missions they must achieve before a time limit (like "turn that useless baron fucker that can't even move into a king before he croaks" to gain more powers and it would be basically you going around murdering/loving everything in the background to become more powerful. By boosting the idiots mortal with various ability. Have each immortal represent a different archetype from the guardian christian angel/greek spirit, the puckish fairy, the Mesopotamian love&war goddess, the Booted Cat, the witch, the wish giving djinn to the Faustian devil. And occasionally have them decapitate each other immortals because in the end, there can be only one.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 3, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Yes, I am. :smug:

Also, it's not a Byzantophile mod, you retard. It's an Islamophile mod.

Its going to be good and I'm gonna play it

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"That mod is bad in its entirety, that's why I only talk about the Viet Events and SWMH map when I complain about it!"

Ookay.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Is anyone able to explain the mysteries of battle resolution? I just lost 7000 men, and got a -20% warscore malus. I then promptly destroyed the opposing 12000 army, and got a +1% warscore malus. This seems a little unfair!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Moreau posted:

Is anyone able to explain the mysteries of battle resolution? I just lost 7000 men, and got a -20% warscore malus. I then promptly destroyed the opposing 12000 army, and got a +1% warscore malus. This seems a little unfair!

you made up for the lost 20%

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Moreau posted:

Was it an army of your enemy you destroyed? The warscore calculations can get a bit screwy where Allies and Hostile forces are involved.
E.g. if I'm Scotland, attacking England for York and they're allies with Cornwall in a war against Wales for Powys, I can get into a fight with Cornwall and wipe them out, but it doesn't technically benefit me (unless they're also allies against me) so my warscore won't go up.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

kingturnip posted:

Was it an army of your enemy you destroyed? The warscore calculations can get a bit screwy where Allies and Hostile forces are involved.
E.g. if I'm Scotland, attacking England for York and they're allies with Cornwall in a war against Wales for Powys, I can get into a fight with Cornwall and wipe them out, but it doesn't technically benefit me (unless they're also allies against me) so my warscore won't go up.

Twas I, the Abbasids vs the Seljuks. No allies. They did destroy the army - a mercenary force of 7000 - completely. I then attacked and routed their army, but didn't destroy it outright. I had to chase it around for a little bit. Ultimately, I won the war - but the AI pulled off the same stunt twice so I had a -40% malus. Took a lot of time to make up for that.

And then the Abbasid Caliph got knocked on the head, and spent the next 50 years as an Incapable, drooling idiot. *mutter* Crusader Kings!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, can someone help me and tell me how to get started as a tiny tribal person? I've never played them before and I am at a loss for what to do. I just have so little, and I don't really know how the unique mechanics work.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Roland Jones posted:

Okay, can someone help me and tell me how to get started as a tiny tribal person? I've never played them before and I am at a loss for what to do. I just have so little, and I don't really know how the unique mechanics work.

Which tiny tribal person?

Svipjod is a pretty easy tribal start and I can help in general with the Norse dudes but I haven't played with any tribals other than Scandinavian ones.

If you do the earliest start with Svipjod, your personal levies are enough to bully the other chiefs around you and you can take the 'Become King of Sweden' ambition to subjugate them all until you can create the title. Then you can either keep stomping or wait until you've got the gold to form the Kingdom title and everyone around you will be easily vassalized and you can end up with Sweden and Norway fairly quickly. Throw a couple claim titles or conquests at Denmark and the tribes in Finland and you can form the Scandinavian Empire super early, too.

Gold will be hard to come by at first but then when the Christians start sending priests to convert you just imprison them every time and ransom them back for 25-50 gold a pop. Also around 800 you'll get the 'Viking Age' event which will give you the conquest CB and more importantly a bunch of ships so you can go raid the gently caress out of people for tons of gold and prestige. You can also capture people during the raid sieges so if you get a noble's daughter captured you can concubine her for extra prestige. She can also pass claims on to your concubine kids (unless that's been changed). I've concubined a French princess and come back a generation later with a Norse son's claim on the entire kingdom.

When at war you can spend 500 prestige to raise a 2,500 man tribal army. It disappears once you are at peace so if you are careful about always staying at war you can keep a pretty large army around for quite a while. At one point I stacked that decision to get ~10,000 troops and invaded England with it. Prestige is easy to come by as long as you keep winning battles/wars and raiding. You also use it to upgrade your tribal holding buildings; a couple of them are standard gold but most of them you spend prestige to upgrade.

You'll have to deal with dumb elective gavelkind until you become feudal though, so watch how much territory you are grabbing if you have multiple sons (:stab:). Watch out, it will give away kingdom titles and release them as independent - so if you have 2 sons and both Norway and Sweden your heir will get one kingdom and the brother will be independent king of the other. It will do this even if you have the ability to create the title but it isn't actually created; you don't need the actual 'Kingdom of Norway' title for your heir's bro to become an independent king of Norway upon succession if you have the lands in your territory. I lost Ireland like that once, it was an unpleasant surprise.

Your tribal warriors won't be as good as feudal soldiers so you'll probably lose even battles but if you have 1.5x the soldiers you should have no problem beating them. The ability to get a 2,500 man tribal army through event/decision is great for this since early in the game the Christians can't really raise huge levies yet. Just stay away from the Karling clown car; Saxony and the other Pomeranian tribes are a good buffer against those dudes. The British Isles are prime targets though, as long as you don't go overboard and get everyone in England allied against you it is easy as hell to snap up a bunch of independent dukes and counts with the conquest CB.

The Germanic religion is easy to reform, too, the only troublesome holy province is Zeeland which is usually in some Karling's domain but if you time it right you can do a coastal conquest and snatch it while Francia is dealing with something else - and you don't really need all 5 holy sites anyway, just 4 and +10% moral authority from conquests which is easy to do as a Viking (just snatch up a bunch of the tiny independent duchies in England).

e: oh and you can hold a Great Blot every 7 years which takes 4 prisoners (if you have them) and sacrifices them to the gods (upon your approval). Great way to kill people you'd otherwise take a negative malus for (no tyrant score or whatever, but you might get Kinslayer still not sure).

When you feudalize make sure you are in a really good spot with vassal relations and outside threats since your levies will get slashed by at least 2/3rds and there's definitely an adjustment period where you aren't anywhere near as strong as you just were as a tribal (eventually feudal wins out though).

lotta words tl;dr Svipjod is a good tribal start

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 4, 2015

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Of course Svipjod is a good start, in addition to all you've said, your son is Ragnar Lodbrok and will automatically gain the strong trait.

I have the feeling Horse Lords will make playing tribals really boring once you've played the awesome horde chiefs with their much better unique mechanics.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Tribal has always been a stepping stone rather than an actual play style anyways. When you're a tribe, your first question is "how am I going to become feudal/republican" and basically everything you do is in pursuit of that goal. It's a fun journey, but it's not meant to be something you stick with beyond a ruler or two, unless you're just dicking around. Playing as a tribal is boring, but you're not supposed to be playing as a tribal imo. You're supposed to be converting. Nomadic might be sustainable, and something worth sticking with for a while or perhaps even the whole game, which would be cool as it's an actual alternate to feudal/republican, rather than just an obstacle to be overcome.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Ivar the Boneless is a fantastic start for zero to feudal in a single character. The trick is to just ignore the wars in England as much as you can and use your free event stack to steamroll Ireland. Doing this should get you the prestige, piety, and gold necessary to go feudal, and Ivar starting with the Strong trait means that he'll probably make it to his mid seventies (unless something unexpected happens, which is very possible since you're probably going to want a 30 martial commander leading every single battle).

A strategy I've been trying to get right is propping up Halfdan Whiteshirt to take over England, to set up a doublecross where Ivar converts to Catholicism and BOOM! Holywar to Britannia; but the hang-up seems to be that, inevitably, one of the English petty kings will marry a Karling, and then suddenly there are 20k stacks in London at a time when a 5k stack makes me king poo poo of Britain. And it's almost inevitable, because there just aren't any other Catholic dynasties in the Old Gods bookmark. I just find it more than a little clownish that in the world of CKII, the entirety of continental Europe co-ordinating a military operation before the year 1000 is not just possible, but probable.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Moreau posted:

The warscore reward for defeating enemy armies is based on the proportion of the total enemy force that army represents. I think it's based on the maximum number of troops they can have, rather than their current available pool, so even if that army of 12,000 is their entire active levy, if their maximum is say, 40,000 or something, it will still count relatively low for warscore purposes.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Start playing as Sigurdur Ring of Svipjod, immediately start taking all of Scandanavia for myself, feeling pretty good and owning over half of Scandanavia within two years. Suddenly I notice that Gotland is willing to be my vassal. I offer and they say yes. Time passes and I take over Scandanavia. Suddenly Gotland starts scheming around. I try to arrest, knowing that I'll be able to conscript merchant vassals if it goes to war. It goes to war. Then I can't conscript merchant vassals anymore. Gotland slowly wins its independence because I can't get to it without spending 400 gold I don't have on mercs with ships. When Gotland wins, I'm forced to abdicate for my son. As my son, I try to invite me back to be my new marshall and educate me. I don't come back because my beloved son can't press my claims to his land for me. My empire falls apart.

~Crusader Kings~

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks for the tips, though I could still use some help; I was asking with regards to tiny tribals (which neither Sigurdr or Ivar fit into, having vassals and being comparable to those around them in size if not larger) and the unique tribal mechanics, though the Svipjod post touched on the latter with the prestige army thing, which I previously wasn't aware of. Like, for an example of one of the tribals I've tried, Chach has a single holding and is surrounded by people of that size and larger. Other than immediately borrowing cash, hiring mercs, and stabbing my neighbors ASAP I'm at a loss for how to do anything with them, and I'm wondering if I'm missing any tribal tricks or something. I was already missing the army prestige thing; is there anything else I should know that could come in handy like that? Also, will your prestige troops disappear upon going feudal? Also also, for going tribal, is it just a matter of lasting long enough to raise your laws and build that hillfort, or are there easier ways of doing it?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The warscore reward for defeating enemy armies is based on the proportion of the total enemy force that army represents. I think it's based on the maximum number of troops they can have, rather than their current available pool, so even if that army of 12,000 is their entire active levy, if their maximum is say, 40,000 or something, it will still count relatively low for warscore purposes.

Yeah. There have been times I've actually waited until a weaker enemy is up near his full strength before declaring war, so as to avoid having to spend 5 years sieging down his poo poo.

It's also important (for any new players out there) to CAREFULLY REVIEW THE OTHER GUY'S ALLIES before declaring war. You go "phhhh, he has 2500 dudes to my 5500, easy peasy" and a month later you're at war with a fully loaded HRE :suicide:

If the other guy does have an inconvenient alliance, sometimes you can easily apply CK2's Solution to All Problems to nullify it.

:ese:

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 5, 2015

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

For me the nightmare scenario is usually not if I attack him who are his allies? but instead he attacks me, lol get rekt scrub, that didn't move the board at all?, omg thats 2 20k doomstacks coming over the horizon, how the gently caress do you even know them?

Playing these ironman games has made me a way more conservative player. I'm not willing to go to the necessary lengths to cheat the game while keeping ironman because gently caress it. I have taken an easier road in my most recent one as Byzantine emperor Viking start. Trust me you can gently caress it up. If you attack the caliph he goes straight to his final form and doubles his stack like that and omg do they refresh fast. Earlier I imprisoned and executed my infant son on birth because he was born in the purple and there was no way my emperor was making to 86. get rekt nub. Now I have a slightly poo poo heir but at least his diplomacy is good. Please have a genius heir with the expensive wife I bought you, you naive appeaser rear end in a top hat

This game made me look up the orthodox christian religion and read how they are different to Catholics. So education happened. Previously they were just sad losers and now they are sad losers distinct from catholics but the more you know!

Oh and that devil child thing came up, that murdered like half the dynasty. I'm so glad the first dude had like a bajillion children so it couldnt go all the way to the stop. She had -20 diplomacy last I checked.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 5, 2015

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
One more tribal thing: Forts count as a wrong holding type? Huh. That sucks. How bad is holding on to forts I've taken anyway?

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Quick question: I'm dealing with a Sunni uprising, and I've noticed that surrendering to them will "give them all occupied holdings", but they haven't got anything occupied. If I just surrender now, will I actually lose anything (besides the piety hit)?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

DStecks posted:

Quick question: I'm dealing with a Sunni uprising, and I've noticed that surrendering to them will "give them all occupied holdings", but they haven't got anything occupied. If I just surrender now, will I actually lose anything (besides the piety hit)?

Can you even surrender to them? I've noticed that enemies working under a "get all occupied poo poo" CB will not accept surrender at times when they think they can get more holdings out of it.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

TheMcD posted:

Can you even surrender to them? I've noticed that enemies working under a "get all occupied poo poo" CB will not accept surrender at times when they think they can get more holdings out of it.

I did and it worked. My piety is nuked but they didn't get poo poo. It was worth it to focus on my holy war for Tunisia... which has apparently triggered Jihads. :v:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Roland Jones posted:

One more tribal thing: Forts count as a wrong holding type? Huh. That sucks. How bad is holding on to forts I've taken anyway?

You take a minor hit to gold production and levy strength/reinforcement. It's worth it.

Regarding tribal stage being a stepping stone, I agree for the most part, but I did find one situation where it could be advantageous to stay tribal long past the point where you can change: Mongol Jain ruler of Ireland. You can't marry politically because you can't get mail to India, so what I wound up doing during multiple generations was raiding my neighbors until I got a captive, making her a concubine, then wedding her. I also had to do that, then set one aside before marrying her to my heir.

Mostly I did that because I wanted to stay visually Irish. If I'd been okay being visually as well as actively Mongol, I could have avoided that rigamarole. But it was fun! :v:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Huh. Apparently there's another...quasi-bug, at least, with the seduction events. I had noticed that the single-option "Take a long walk alone with him/her" event that you can get when seducing a close relative or someone of the same gender never seemed to be terribly successful. I finally took a look at the code for the event, and apparently that's because it literally can't succeed; it goes to the target's event for responding to a confession of love, a lewd suggestion, or poetry, except there's no flag for any of those being used (because none of them were), so the target's only option is to refuse. Odd little oversight.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just travelled through Croatia and Bosnia and it owned. Now I want to play a CK game in that area. Any cool or interesting starts over there?

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

beedeebee posted:

I just travelled through Croatia and Bosnia and it owned. Now I want to play a CK game in that area. Any cool or interesting starts over there?

Are you intending to make history better or worse for the locals? :v:

Dekko
May 23, 2007
I'm playing as Venice and I have to option to create a few Duchy titles: is this going to screw up my game somehow (eg converting me to a feudal lord or messing up the inheritance laws etc)?

I'm playing Ironman so I can't just try it and see what happens.....

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Goofballs posted:

For me the nightmare scenario is usually not if I attack him who are his allies? but instead he attacks me, lol get rekt scrub, that didn't move the board at all?, omg thats 2 20k doomstacks coming over the horizon, how the gently caress do you even know them?

Playing these ironman games has made me a way more conservative player. I'm not willing to go to the necessary lengths to cheat the game while keeping ironman because gently caress it. I have taken an easier road in my most recent one as Byzantine emperor Viking start. Trust me you can gently caress it up. If you attack the caliph he goes straight to his final form and doubles his stack like that and omg do they refresh fast. Earlier I imprisoned and executed my infant son on birth because he was born in the purple and there was no way my emperor was making to 86. get rekt nub. Now I have a slightly poo poo heir but at least his diplomacy is good. Please have a genius heir with the expensive wife I bought you, you naive appeaser rear end in a top hat

This game made me look up the orthodox christian religion and read how they are different to Catholics. So education happened. Previously they were just sad losers and now they are sad losers distinct from catholics but the more you know!

Oh and that devil child thing came up, that murdered like half the dynasty. I'm so glad the first dude had like a bajillion children so it couldnt go all the way to the stop. She had -20 diplomacy last I checked.

Devil child gets plus a billion to all its stats when it becomes king/emperor whatever, so sucks to be you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dekko posted:

I'm playing as Venice and I have to option to create a few Duchy titles: is this going to screw up my game somehow (eg converting me to a feudal lord or messing up the inheritance laws etc)?

I'm playing Ironman so I can't just try it and see what happens.....

If you mean you don't want to lose your republic status don't worry you won't gently caress anything up just creating titles. If you create them as a republic the duchy will become a republic duchy title, "Republic of X" usually.

• Locked thread