Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah as long as the subjected fleets aren't permanently attached to Dental this could be a really great addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Xean in his fleet thread used the term "trek league."

If I'm not mistaken a goon owns the fleet "trek league."

Xean should be warned against trying to co opt the name of a dental network fleet if he is unwilling to pledge fealty.

If he wants to mooch off our good name, he needs to bend the knee first.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Some dev quotes from reddit

You can control donation input by type, or by project slot.
So you can allow or disallow any particular item, like Dilithium, Expertise, Duty Officers, etc. And you can also control whether the project slot is up for donation, so only your immediate fleet could donate to it.

Every Fleet in the Armada gets a dilithium discount on their fleet projects. However, the size of that discount changes based on the position of the Fleet in the Armada. Alpha Fleets get the smallest dilithium discounts, Beta Fleets get a bigger discount than Alphas, and Gammas get the largest discount of them all.
On the flipside though, Alphas get the best skill point bonus, and Gammas get the smallest.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

hakimashou posted:

ETA I went ahead and made space history by extending the FIRST invitation in the history of the game to Xean.

Sounds like something you could do in his fleet thread.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

hakimashou posted:

ETA I went ahead and made space history by extending the FIRST invitation in the history of the game to Xean.

I'd like to see how this turns out.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I don't think he'll accept our gracious invitation :(

Also, when do I get my internet gangstalking check?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah so fleets can come and go freely. The great pubbie uplift begins.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Honestly, inviting him to put together a fleet league is the final piece standing in the way of selling the info we've been gathering for years. With this, we'll *finally* get that pay day on egpal we've been waiting for.

My cut is still .0002%, right? I collected some contraband and gave it mondian one time, I think. I mean, not gave. He paid me.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Had another dummy in NoPPS today

NoP Public Service posted:

[NoP Public Service] Ch'uut Riit@Onisius: LF T5 KDF fleet willing to take me in long enough to get a Fleet Vo'quv. Willing to make a donation to compensate. Message me plz

[Tell] To Ch'uut Riit@Onisius: hey you're breaking channel rules

[Tell] Ch'uut Riit@Onisius: fine

[Tell] Ch'uut Riit@Onisius: what the gently caress ever

[Tell] Ch'uut Riit@Onisius: oh its agains channel rules to do waht i want to do... loving primadonas in this game...

[System] @Onisius is ignoring you.

[System] Permissions for @Onisius in "NoP Public Service" changed: Muted.

[System] Permissions for @Onisius in "NoP Public Service" changed: Kicked.

I was going to get him his stupid ship after I gave him the warning.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Xean posted:

This is the OC-TBirds-XTERN1TY-Galactic-Good Guys & Allies original Trek League, not yours. Fine one you are to complain when you're the guys who copied our Fleet of the Future motto without permission. And don't confuse us with your fake XTERNLTY alt fleet either. Fake it all you want, you'll just have to settle for second. It'll always be our original motto, just as this is OUR thread where you, your fleet and your trolling are not welcome. See the thread title? It says XTERN1TY not Dental. Learn to read.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

My fleet is actually "Trek League"

How do I send a cease and desist? Also who wants to join it?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Acer Pilot posted:

My fleet is actually "Trek League"

How do I send a cease and desist? Also who wants to join it?

You should go in that thread and tell him if he wants to be part of the Trek League he needs to actually pledge fealty with the armada thing to the real Trek League fleet or else cease and desist using your fleet's name without permission.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

hakimashou posted:

You should go in that thread and tell him if he wants to be part of the Trek League he needs to actually pledge fealty with the armada thing to the real Trek League fleet or else cease and desist using your fleet's name without permission.

Ahem, Trek League (TM).

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Brainstorming some Armada recruitment ideas:

Borrowed some art from rpdenied.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
Put JoJo's face on the schoolgirl and it's done.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh huh. While it's irrelevant to almost everyone, the D'kora gets access to the type 4 Ferengi skin if you have the Nandi. That's unexpected and nice, even if it's obsolete. :toot:

EDIT: Also I love that Cryptic's solution to multiple [W>S] mods on warp cores not stacking is to just convert all cores that have it at rare to [A>S] instead and not have [W>S] appear on non-epic cores. :ughh:

Asimo fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 3, 2015

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Proof of the original Trek League.

e: If anyone wants an invite to Trek League, I will also grant you invite powers. Please don't let that megalomaniac besmirch the good fleet that is Trek League, the premiere m2m ERP fleet.

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 3, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Lagomorphic posted:

Brainstorming some Armada recruitment ideas:

Borrowed some art from rpdenied.

I love this, The forum pubbies are going to poo poo themselves at the very thought of swearing fealty to Dental.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
人民舰队 Renmin Jiandui is "people's armada" in Chinese using the same 'people's' as 'people's republic of china' etc, and in communist simplified chinese characters.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Trek League should be one of the beta fleets, with its vassals being the 'neediest cases.'

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

hakimashou posted:

人民舰队 Renmin Jiandui is "people's armada" in Chinese using the same 'people's' as 'people's republic of china' etc, and in communist simplified chinese characters.

This got me a very dirty look from the old guy sitting next to me on the Taipei subway, so it must be good.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Moon Slayer posted:

This got me a very dirty look from the old guy sitting next to me on the Taipei subway, so it must be good.

Pure gold.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

hakimashou posted:

Thanks I'll work this into the design.

I also need to start working on some NoP Armada branding.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
A crazy person called us scum.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12587729/#Comment_12587729

Eta: another batshit one

"If only I could reach through my computer screen and bitch-slap you for daring to pretend to be anything less than the vile, despicable piece of human waste that you are."

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 3, 2015

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

This thread is getting good.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Chairman mao's famous aphorism was "serve the people," Wei renmin fuwu 为人民服务

I know SFD stuff has traditionally been NK, but I know chinese poo poo and most people can't tell the difference, and I figure it's all good

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Hey, so I'm confused, as this thread exists, yet the Starfleet Dental thread under the Private Game Servers thread says it has nothing to do with the current SFD in STO. So how on Earth do I join? I've given up looking at this game with a serious cynical eye, and just want to dick about; this seems like the right place.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

DarkMalfunction posted:

Hey, so I'm confused, as this thread exists, yet the Starfleet Dental thread under the Private Game Servers thread says it has nothing to do with the current SFD in STO. So how on Earth do I join? I've given up looking at this game with a serious cynical eye, and just want to dick about; this seems like the right place.
That's Fake Dental. Ignore them. Post your @handle and someone will get you in.

Anyway, I remembered the Soviet style Klingon propaganda from a few years ago, maybe it can be useful?

faxmachine fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 3, 2015

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I am @b3tazoid - typical "I made this account when I was 12 and regret the fact you can't change it later" sorta name.

e: also I find Soviet/Communist propaganda really interesting IRL so I am already in love with this thread.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

hakimashou posted:

A crazy person called us scum.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12587729/#Comment_12587729

Eta: another batshit one

"If only I could reach through my computer screen and bitch-slap you for daring to pretend to be anything less than the vile, despicable piece of human waste that you are."

Why are they calling you "genocide apologists"?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Literally crazy people that play STO have linked SFD to ISIS 100 percent unironically

Edit: Ohhhh that. "Gul Dukat did nothing wrong" was a real easy troll that got people super upset about a fictional.occuption in a fictional universe. I'm not sure if that is more crazy or the ISIS thing is

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 3, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

midnightclimax posted:

Why are they calling you "genocide apologists"?

They think that stuff from Star Trek is real

A nontrivial number of people who play this game are batshit crazy insane

Eta this thread is the source of the genocide stuff

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1162176/foundry-competition-dct

It was originally 20 or so pages but got gassed for death threats and other insanity, but the mods brought it back from the ashes.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 3, 2015

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

DarkMalfunction posted:

I am @b3tazoid - typical "I made this account when I was 12 and regret the fact you can't change it later" sorta name.

e: also I find Soviet/Communist propaganda really interesting IRL so I am already in love with this thread.

Implying you are 17.

Edit:
There was this thing SFD was doing for another game, couldn't we use this instead?

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 3, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

BombermanX posted:

Implying you are 17.

Edit:
There was this thing SFD was doing for another game, couldn't we use this instead?

Not communist enough, and I like the eagle thing, personally

The pagoda archeage triggers me

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

faxmachine posted:

That's Fake Dental. Ignore them. Post your @handle and someone will get you in.

Anyway, I remembered the Soviet style Klingon propaganda from a few years ago, maybe it can be useful?

This is excellent, I needed some stuff for the NoP Armada branding and it's perfect.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

hakimashou posted:

They think that stuff from Star Trek is real

A nontrivial number of people who play this game are batshit crazy insane

Eta this thread is the source of the genocide stuff

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1162176/foundry-competition-dct

It was originally 20 or so pages but got gassed for death threats and other insanity, but the mods brought it back from the ashes.

Holy poo poo, what a treasure trove.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

DarkMalfunction posted:

Is <1 year enough time to wash away the J4G shame nowadays?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Mondian posted:

Well we could always use more tribble haters until they either do better or gently caress up and say some racial poo poo.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

BombermanX posted:

Implying you are 17.

Not necessarily, you're assuming I created the account ~5 years ago.

Mondian posted:

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

DarkMalfunction posted:

Not necessarily, you're assuming I created the account ~5 years ago.

Yes.

Congratulations! You're pre-approved for joining the Academy! Contact railrokh in-game for joining the academy.

• Locked thread