Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm thinking of doing the protestant league war achieve as Sweden.

anyway, this is my next 'cheeve. excited to dominate europe from province #0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

So, you can't actually take any provinces but the target if you go to war as part of a coalition...LAME and annoying because I made a non-contiguous province the target.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I don't think I've ever used an offensive coalition until now...I even got an achievement for it lmfao. Lesson 1, coalitions are poo poo no matter which side you are on.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sigh...I hate managing AE because I can;t resist a chance to go to war...dunno why the HRE is gettign so antsy about me beating up Burgundy though the dumb assholes. Why is switzerland the maddest of everyone when I ain;t even had anything to do with them. They have more AE than the minors near me and countries I've taken provinces from lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's probably fabricating claims that's pissing everyone off...whoops.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

New army trad thing with forts is really good...also unit description tooltup in the military menu is back aww yeah.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

New army trad thing with forts is really good...also unit description tooltup in the military menu is back aww yeah.

the best fix in 1.13

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I dunno when it came about, but the AI are loving shrewd. England were in their continental provinces and came to war to defend our ally Savoy from France. As soon as the war dec came England noped all of their 40k troops out of Calias and back to London and watch as France's smaller force beat the poo poo out of Savoy while I hid behind my forts and hoped for them to come back...I'm rivalled with England so I dunno if that factored into them abandoning us, but they outnumbered France alone and should have easily been able to take back Normandy which they only lost with my help (I'm normally allied to France.)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Trust factors in to how much the AI commits to a war... I've noticed people you end up allied in a war with who hate your guts are way more resistant about committing. But maybe thats just confirmation bias.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

are the dumb possible friend of the family paradox forum guys ever going to bring back the vicky 2 mod forum?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Stairmaster posted:

are the dumb possible friend of the family paradox forum guys ever going to bring back the vicky 2 mod forum?

not after they read your insults

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How to do holy trinity in 1.13?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlxfIdsDynE

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Freaking retard coalition won;t peace out against france even though me (separate war) and them have occupied the whole thing between us...also they've occupied all of Guyenne's cores so I have to wait if I want to get them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Went back to my old England game. I think they fixed the thing where your whole navy would get destroyed if you lost a naval battle which was horseshit. Got tons of ae for taking back Guyenne's cores which seems like a change. I remember feeding vassals their cores back used to be legit. I only took 3 back and got 30+ ae with over a dozen countries.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Went back to my old England game. I think they fixed the thing where your whole navy would get destroyed if you lost a naval battle which was horseshit.

afaik they have not?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

PleasingFungus posted:

afaik they have not?

I haven't seen it happen in the beta patch.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Aaand England game cancelled because I ended up with a calvinist centre of reformation instead of protestant.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I haven't seen it happen in the beta patch.

If they've actually fixed it, dang.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
i dont want to play euiv because i dont know if i should keep playing in the old patch or use the beta patch

:fishmech:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

KoldPT posted:

i dont want to play euiv because i dont know if i should keep playing in the old patch or use the beta patch

:fishmech:

there's no reason not to use the beta patch. it does remove some things like taking territory you can't core but that's going to be standard when 1.13 comes out for real so may as well get used to it sooner rather than later.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The beta army trad thing is so drat good. Stomping the dumbass ai who mothball forts with your God generals a few years into the game is win.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm doing Brandenburg now, and I'm gonna try and win the League war and become protestant emperor. I wonder what happens if you convert to protestant while emperor.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BBJoey posted:

there's no reason not to use the beta patch. it does remove some things like taking territory you can't core but that's going to be standard when 1.13 comes out for real so may as well get used to it sooner rather than later.

arent there a couple bugs like natives not doing damage?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

working as intended.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm doing Brandenburg now, and I'm gonna try and win the League war and become protestant emperor. I wonder what happens if you convert to protestant while emperor.

You lose the emperorship and the next best catholic gets the throne.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

OH no!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I spent like 30 years scraping together IA and then I got a female heir and lost most of it enacting the pragmatic solution. Being the emperor is gay.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also I just realised that to get IA you have to actually release countries from the diplo menu, you don't get poo poo from releasing them in war.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Also I just realised that to get IA you have to actually release countries from the diplo menu, you don't get poo poo from releasing them in war.

You still get IA from that? Not worth it.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
afaik you only get IA over time, or from adding provinces to the empire. or maybe some events but I haven't seen any that add IA, only ones that subtract it.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm pretty sure you're suppose to get IA from forcing somebody who doesn't have a core on a HRE province to give up that province, either by releasing it as a new country or giving it back. Try getting some neighbouring majors mad at you so they try to take provinces from the empire.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Attacking Denmark, Burgundy, and Venice for their HRE territory is a good way too... The monthly IA gain is pretty big as long as you have maximum electors and free cities, and there is no HRE territory held by non-members. Then heresies spring up and tank your IA gain till you win the war and can crush the heretics with impunity and force convert them.

Oh yeah and if you PU a monarchy elector, don't forget to integrate ASAP so you inherit the electorship.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I tried taking Holstein but Poland came along and distracted my ally Sweden and instead of using their 40 ship fleet to tie up the sound they let Denmark's little bitch fleet block it and I couldn't get across and Norway and Denmark sieged enough Swedish stuff to force them to peace out, leaving me outnumbered.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Novgorod is probably impossible without taking a billion loans now...Poland won't ally you, Sweden goes hostile as soon as they're free over loving Kexholm of all provinces, and Lithuania will hate your guts.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Novgorod is probably impossible without taking a billion loans now...Poland won't ally you, Sweden goes hostile as soon as they're free over loving Kexholm of all provinces, and Lithuania will hate your guts.

It's the same problem as being Muscovy, but with even poorer lands IMO. Also, shittier ideas come the midgame.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I managed to get Poland on side after restarting 10 times until the TO rivalled me (so I could rival them otherwise you can't) and I used enemy of enemy to ally them. Helped Sweden break free...Muscovy declare and Poland lithuania and Sweden both dishonor :suicide:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Cool new CK2 dlc idea: make rebels not loving annoying as poo poo to deal with

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Brandenburg game died because I had so many loans from defending people as emperor that I just could not make any money and Poland started being buff as hell. I'm sure they didn't always start out Lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Keeping emperor is hard as Austria these days. The good thing is that noone fucks with your allies and empire because of how muscly you are...also pu Bohemia immediately ftw.