Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Branis posted:

nuke war with Russia

:gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Untagged posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz52s2dPGZY

Bunch of DISARM NYPD babies run to hide behind the NYPD for protection from some bikers who don't appreciate them burning the American flag.

Should have let the bikers through :smuggo:.

is this a protest? what a poo poo protest, loving bunch of wet lettuces

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Hezzy posted:

is this a protest? what a poo poo protest, loving bunch of wet lettuces

I'd like to say 'we can show them how it's done' but then I remember the LA riots and that almost everyone else in the world can kick off better than us. Just look at the French and their annual Paris car BBQ.

We've let ourselves slip. :britain:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

We've let ourselves slip. :britain:

Just lead off with a soccerfootball match between *consults google* Chelsea and Cardiff City.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

Just lead off with a soccerfootball match between *consults google* Chelsea and Cardiff City.

Even at it's worst in the UK it wasn't a patch on football violence in Argentina, Turkey or Egypt. Even in the Netherlands they were pipe bombing rival clubhouses.

Football violence, yet another invention we gave to the world that everyone else has adopted and improved on (only kidding, the Romans loved a bit of sport related fan-killing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nika_riots.)

Also Cardiff and Chelsea is bad, Southampton and Portsmouth is worse, Leeds and anyone is also pretty nasty but you've got to look north of the border to Glasgow for the most shirty grief in the UK. Rangers and Celtic loving hate each other and have been chibbing for decades.

I'm sure Chartley can articulate.

Bernard McFacknutah fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 3, 2015

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
All my memes dried up on readit due to mod drama so I came back here. You guys are my rock.

11 years on patrol and I'm still on midnights. I think it may be affecting me at this point.

I mean deep down..

My sarcasm levels have gotten so deep that people don't even know I'm even joking or get what I'm saying anymore.

But the old timers and the rare rookie that does get my humor... boy do they love me. I say some seriously funny poo poo.

Anyone have any tips on breaking the rut of midnights?.. between the hours and the constant drone of the news I'm not so motivated at work these days. I can't read facebook anymore either. That has gone completely to poo poo. When did all of my friends suddenly become closet political activists?

On the bright side I bought a travel trailer and have been spending pretty much all of my time off at various lakes and campgrounds with the family. Good times.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:stare:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Promote, transfer, or pull the cord man. Some of us are right there with you. :ssh:.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
11 years on midnights would drive any sane person crazy. How the hell are you not senior enough to get off that shift??

I shutdown facebook for awhile and then just reactivated it after purging close to 200 friends and unfollowing another 100 or so. Highly recommended. Anyone who posts anti police poo poo gets deleted and anyone posting about their lovely babies, awful politics, etc. gets unfollowed. By far the worst thing about Facebook is over sharing baby poo poo, I don't care about your demon spawn.

E: reddit driving you crazy or midnights because let's be honest here reddit is poo poo.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 3, 2015

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Reddit GoneWild was great until it totally hosed with my "average girl" calibration :argh:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Untagged posted:

Promote, transfer, or pull the cord man. Some of us are right there with you. :ssh:.

Also, get off of social media. If I had to read my coworker's facebook rants all the time I'd be losing my mind. Now I can live in blissful ignorance.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I listened to two coworkers unironically talking about getting a wolf hunter tattoo to go with their jesus cross/bible verse/thin blue line tattoos they got as a group. I was not invited to that party.

If you are in a midnight rut try day shift, but keep in mind day shift has lots more brass and bs calls. I get real sick of long boring nights but I also can't stand day shift.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
The sunlight.... it burns us :drac:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Also as day shift you get to screw over night shift

For example, this week one of the day shift guys smashed his vehicle into a light pole. So he clears out all his personal stuff, pulls the radio (leaving the head unit) and leaves it in the unsecured parking lot, unlocked and with half the windows smashed out. My Sgt saw it and lost his mind.

So we got to do the paperwork and the tow.

We should have left it for Dirty Mike And The Boys

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
7p-3a is a pretty boss shift.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Even at it's worst in the UK it wasn't a patch on football violence in Argentina, Turkey or Egypt. Even in the Netherlands they were pipe bombing rival clubhouses.

Football violence, yet another invention we gave to the world that everyone else has adopted and improved on (only kidding, the Romans loved a bit of sport related fan-killing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nika_riots.)

Also Cardiff and Chelsea is bad, Southampton and Portsmouth is worse, Leeds and anyone is also pretty nasty but you've got to look north of the border to Glasgow for the most shirty grief in the UK. Rangers and Celtic loving hate each other and have been chibbing for decades.

I'm sure Chartley can articulate.

Today is the day that one religious half of our city that hates the other half (Protestant) has their simple and retarded 'followers' parade through the streets antagonising the Catholic simpletons.

I'm not saying people who follow those faiths are simpletons, just broadly those that go on antagonistic marches.

Today is the worst day of the year for police. It's going to be wild. Almost as bad as a full on Celtic v Rangers game day.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

They are all retarded. Hail Satan.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

GunForumMeme posted:

7p-3a is a pretty boss shift.

This is really the best shift for having fun at work and still having some semblance of normal life.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Branis posted:

This is really the best shift for having fun at work and still having some semblance of normal life.

define "fun"

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Equine Don posted:

define "fun"

Stomping minorities.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Branis posted:

:agreed:

I always loved swing shift on the flight line.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Tentacle Party posted:

Stomping minorities.

:shibe:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Equine Don posted:

define "fun"

Less brass around, you miss most of the bullshit calls like dogs, someone called my daughter a slut on facebook etc. And you get the fun calls and drunks. And you can get up at a reasonable hour and still get things done in daylight hours like a normal person.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Branis posted:

Less brass around, you miss most of the bullshit calls like dogs, someone called my daughter a slut on facebook etc. And you get the fun calls and drunks. And you can get up at a reasonable hour and still get things done in daylight hours like a normal person.

I work 11pm-11am and still deal with dumbasses

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Equine Don posted:

I work 11pm-11am and still deal with dumbasses

That's a horrible shift.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Yeah that is a horrid idea for shift times.

Dumbass brass probably got promoted over it.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
7p-3a is alright but it's still an 8 hour shift. 10s and 12s are where it's at.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Cop gay. So What posted:

7p-3a is alright but it's still an 8 hour shift. 10s and 12s are where it's at.

Honestly three days a week is too much time off.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

GunForumMeme posted:

I don't know man, even with 3 day weekends I still feel like I live at work. No such thing as too much time off.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
5P to 5A. :getin:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Cop gay. So What posted:

I don't know man, even with 3 day weekends I still feel like I live at work. No such thing as too much time off.

Agreed. 3 days off is ideal. For awhile we did 8 10s in a row and got 6 days in a row off. I loved it but other coworkers hated it.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Problem with three days and mids is at least one day is shot by sleeping. But its better than only having two days off.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GunForumMeme posted:

:stare:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Some people just can't take 3 straight days without oppressing a minority.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Branis posted:

For awhile we did 8 10s in a row and got 6 days in a row off. I loved it but other coworkers hated it.

Yeah I have no idea how 8 10s would be doable on midnights with a court day thrown in there. Nothing like getting off work at 6am just to be at court at 930, 11, or 1pm.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Just got a notice for jury duty on the same trial that I'm set to testify in :getin:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Make sure you put in for jury duty leave, and then complain about the waste of your time when they continue the case because the state's witness doesn't show.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Cop gay. So What posted:

Yeah I have no idea how 8 10s would be doable on midnights with a court day thrown in there. Nothing like getting off work at 6am just to be at court at 930, 11, or 1pm.

My department has gone a month or more without arresting anyone, so court is rarely a problem.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Branis posted:

My department has gone a month or more without arresting anyone, so court is rarely a problem.

:eyepop: got drat son

I thought my town was slow but we generally do 4-10 arrests a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

You're saying you didn't arrest that black guy who was walking around :crossarms:

• Locked thread