Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

There seems to be a rumor about sensitive Shutup Wesley documents being leaked, These allegations are completely false. Please on about your day. Please don't forget to take your happy-happy pills. All is well ...

Remember Acid Loves you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

AcidCouch posted:

There seems to be a rumor about sensitive Shutup Wesley documents being leaked, These allegations are completely false. Please on about your day. Please don't forget to take your happy-happy pills. All is well ...

Remember Acid Loves you.

That's not my memory of Acid at all

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Tuskin38 posted:

Have you not played any mission with VO since Sphere of Influence?

I tried getting into the sphere stuff when it came out, and the last mission I remember doing was where you had to prance about the sun, and some speccy bloke turned out to be an 8472 and tried mentally raping Tuvok or something.

I think I might need to do that mission again. I bet my ship and stuff is all out of date now as well.

e:

BombermanX posted:

Contact railrokh in-game for joining the academy.

Railrohk's inbox is full, unable to mail, and he's not online so I can't /tell him anything. What time are they usually online? Also, I'm guessing by the name he or she is also a EVE player?

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 4, 2015

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DarkMalfunction posted:

I tried getting into the sphere stuff when it came out, and the last mission I remember doing was where you had to prance about the sun, and some speccy bloke turned out to be an 8472 and tried mentally raping Tuvok or something.

I think I might need to do that mission again. I bet my ship and stuff is all out of date now as well.

e:

Railrohk's inbox is full, unable to mail, and he's not online so I can't /tell him anything. What time are they usually online? Also, I'm guessing by the name he or she is also a EVE player?

I am Railrokh. Also my mailbox is now clear, so you may now send me your Academy application.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Goat Pillager posted:

Also my mailbox is now clear, so you may now send me your Academy application.

Still full.

e: Can't help but be suspicious that I'm being led on here, when the OP only mentions SUW, NOP and SFD as the fleets and nothing about an academy.
e2: I also made a wiki account at wesleyguide with the totally imaginative username darkmalfunction, requesting access.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 4, 2015

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DarkMalfunction posted:

Still full.

e: Can't help but feel I'm being led on here, when the OP only mentions SUW, NOP and SFD as the fleets.
e2: I also made a wiki account with the totally imaginative username darkmalfunction, requesting access.

I know for a fact that it is not full. Failure to apply correctly is your first Academy infraction, for which I believe a foundry review challenge is in order as a corrective measure.

Also I am online and can be sent tells, which your neglect to do will be interpreted as incompetence, a further infraction.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Goat Pillager posted:

I know for a fact that it is not full.

Also I am online and can be sent tells

The STO client, and thus me, begs to differ. I'd buy the platinum upgrade to embed an image of the error message in the post, but secure.somethingawful.com's certificate has expired, so I can't.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
You've got to do the SFD academy to be in dental we can't give exceptions. We all went through it.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

hakimashou posted:

You've got to do the SFD academy to be in dental we can't give exceptions. We all went through it.

Seriously guys, all I want to do is chill out with some fellow Goons, we don't need all this BS. It doesn't mention an academy anywhere in the OP, it only says about getting invited into TheNextGooneration, which still hasn't happened either.

e: just occurred to me, atm I'm sounding as paranoid as that retard Xean bloke. Can't have that.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jul 4, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
We do offsite priority for transparency, see our thread on the sto forums for details

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1178407/starfleet-dental-the-fleet-of-the-future/p1

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

hakimashou posted:

We do offsite priority for transparency, see our thread on the sto forums for details

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1178407/starfleet-dental-the-fleet-of-the-future/p1

I'm confused what you mean by this, do you want me to apply on that thread?

e: wow just did a search for Starfleet dental on the STO forums, holy crap some people really rage about you guys, that's funny.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 4, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DarkMalfunction posted:

I'm confused what you mean by this, do you want me to apply on that thread?

nono, i just mean its why its not in the OP for this thread since we keep that info on the sto forum for transparency

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

hakimashou posted:

nono, i just mean its why its not in the OP for this thread since we keep that info on the sto forum for transparency

ohhhhh, right, ok. So how do I go about joining the academy, as I still am unable to tell or mail @railrohk, and they haven't accepted my friend request.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DarkMalfunction posted:

ohhhhh, right, ok. So how do I go about joining the academy, as I still am unable to tell or mail @railrohk, and they haven't accepted my friend request.

Because you misspelled my name. Poor spelling is a further infraction.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Goat Pillager posted:

Because you misspelled my name. Poor spelling is a further infraction.

BombermanX posted:

Congratulations! You're pre-approved for joining the Academy! Contact railrokh in-game for joining the academy.

Well I spelt it as BombermanX spells it. Ok, how about you mail me then, D'Kmal@b3tazoid .

e: oh poo poo you are right, I was mis-spelling it hk not kh. I do apologise. And I call myself an EVE player, I must go hang my head in shame.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 4, 2015

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
There is likely several fleets in NoP PS that'd find it hilarious to be vassals of Dental. They'd also want to have their own vassals, which means having Dental under Shutup Wesley officially, would kill that potential. No t5 fleet would want to be the gamma fleet under a beta fleet. Considering the top ranked of Dental is Shutup Wesley, there doesn't seem to be a need for Dental to be under Shutup Wesley at all. We could have more under us having Shutup Wesley, Starfleet Dental and Nerds of Prey as alphas.

I've already explained to that fleet I help out that I don't expect them to be vassals under another vassal. Strangle Neelix is obviously a gamma level fleet though, since it's nowhere near t5.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
[TheTradingChannel] Stephen Hawking@xtern1ty: you're not a dental are you

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Violent Kitten posted:

There is likely several fleets in NoP PS that'd find it hilarious to be vassals of Dental. They'd also want to have their own vassals, which means having Dental under Shutup Wesley officially, would kill that potential. No t5 fleet would want to be the gamma fleet under a beta fleet. Considering the top ranked of Dental is Shutup Wesley, there doesn't seem to be a need for Dental to be under Shutup Wesley at all. We could have more under us having Shutup Wesley, Starfleet Dental and Nerds of Prey as alphas.

I've already explained to that fleet I help out that I don't expect them to be vassals under another vassal. Strangle Neelix is obviously a gamma level fleet though, since it's nowhere near t5.

I'm honestly surprised the Wesleys are interested in associating with other fleets. Wesley has no vassals. Wesley needs no vassals.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

hakimashou posted:

[TheTradingChannel] Stephen Hawking@xtern1ty: you're not a dental are you

Oh, Xean :allears:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

I'm honestly surprised the Wesleys are interested in associating with other fleets. Wesley has no vassals. Wesley needs no vassals.

I honestly expect them to find some quirk where every slot of the flotilla is occupied by Shutup Wesley.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://pastebin.com/ze6Y44QB

[Naughty Risa] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: i talk sexually like that because i had't been laid

The aftermath of dearest Saturn being called out on acting derogatory and misogynistic in Risa zone chat.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1193492/hiatus-from-sto-for-awhile

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 4, 2015

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Potential BFF posted:

Step aside and sit down~

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Violent Kitten posted:

No t5 fleet would want to be the gamma fleet under a beta fleet.

Why would you want to sully the goon armada with anything but T5 fleets? Go join XEAN'S shitshow if you're in the market for mediocrity.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Dental: shining beacon of achieving things Wesley did 5 months ago.

bij fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 4, 2015

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Potential BFF posted:

Dental: shining beacon of having Wesley achieve things Wesley did 5 months ago.

Fixed that for accuracy.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 4, 2015

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Mega-purple guns, including a quad if I'm seeing the 1st icon correctly
Absolute crap/badly under-leveled deflector/engines/core
Some sort of non-standard shield (guessing Reman or Jem'Hadar)
Nimbus pirate call & I have no idea in the devices slot
High end R&D RCS console and under-leveled armors
No idea what the 3rd thing in the Sci slots is
Evidence of multiple energy types in the weapons, again with the crap levels and a torp console with no torp mounted

Typical pub setup, are you asking for help ?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

With that name for a ship what do you expect?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Not even my main. That is my Fed Delta recruit, only made her for the rewards.

It isn't meant to be a serious build.

MREBoy posted:

Mega-purple guns, including a quad if I'm seeing the 1st icon correctly
Absolute crap/badly under-leveled deflector/engines/core
Some sort of non-standard shield (guessing Reman or Jem'Hadar)
Nimbus pirate call & I have no idea in the devices slot
High end R&D RCS console and under-leveled armors
No idea what the 3rd thing in the Sci slots is
Evidence of multiple energy types in the weapons, again with the crap levels and a torp console with no torp mounted

Typical pub setup, are you asking for help ?

Yes, thoes are are quads from the C-Store Defiant
Shield is the Reman
The other device is a delta recruit reward, it decreases cooldown rate on BOFF powers
3rd Sci Consoles is one of the Andorian Consoles

Also all the weapons are phasers, the blue ones are just Andorian Phasers. I don't think their procs are different.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 4, 2015

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

Not even my main. That is my Fed Delta recruit, only made her for the rewards.

It isn't meant to be a serious build.

Yes, thoes are are quads from the C-Store Defiant
Shield is the Reman
The other device is a delta recruit reward, it decreases cooldown rate on BOFF powers
3rd Sci Consoles is one of the Andorian Consoles

Also all the weapons are phasers, the blue ones are just Andorian Phasers. I don't think their procs are different.

You don't need to slot the nimbus pirate call in your device slot to have it work. You're not the first to do that either.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

You don't need to slot the nimbus pirate call in your device slot to have it work. You're not the first to do that either.

Yeah I know, I was just hitting quick equip on everything, I didn't have anything to put in there at that moment.

Finally got the Ferengi Ship

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 5, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The best way to level is in a shuttle with auto-levelling gear and fire at will 1.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

This is my Main, mock me at how terribad i'm at this game

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Someone teach this man about spacebar macros, stat!

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Ignore that shuttle pet and XP boost in the tray, I switched from another ship and it put those in there.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

What are those beams?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

What are those beams?

Steel.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Shields don't burn hot enough to melt steel!

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Here's a PM Cassandra sent to Trendy regarding the thread he started:

quote:

rcassandrasaturn → pwlaughingtrendy
hey Trendy, i wanted to leave this post for you to know so none of stuff like this happens again on the game. it was a bash day.. it did hurt. alot.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1193492/hiatus-from-sto-for-awhile

so i'm taking break from the game to deal with stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Why in the name of All the Gods of Coding does this forum software allow you to read poo poo like this ? Found this about 1 page into Recent Activity:

quote:

xanthrael → rcassandrasaturn
Rcassandrasaturn, I just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry about all the flak people have been giving you for being transgender. I think you're a fine, upstanding person, and you deserve better. I hope you enjoy your hiatus.
Korra is brilliant, also.

Edit: I just noticed its sort of a Lepers Colony because you can see who gets banned - the avatar change to the red BANNED one shows up in there.

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 5, 2015

• Locked thread