Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

The Spidermobile is the best precisely because it's the dumbest loving idea in the world. Didn't it initially only pop up a couple of times so they could sell a toy and it consistently got wrecked because Peter Parker is a godawful driver?

Yes, and in those occasions it was great. But Slott keeps trying to make us think it's awesome and not a big dumb joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheJoker138 posted:

Yes, and in those occasions it was great. But Slott keeps trying to make us think it's awesome and not a big dumb joke.

I disagree, Slott is clearly still pushing it as a big dumb joke, unless you think peter parked car was supposed to be a serious, straight faced thing

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't it go rogue at one point and Peter had to fight it on the side of a building?

And lets not forget it's appearance in Old Man Logan.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah Tinkerer took control of it

one of the stories in slott's human torch/spider-man mini was johnny teaching peter how to drive

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't mind the Spider-mobile making an appearance every know and then, but Slott's coming pretty close to running the joke into the wall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I don't mind the Spider-mobile making an appearance every know and then, but Slott's coming pretty close to running the joke into the wall.

Or up it in this case.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Or up it in this case.

I was already making a joke by saying wall instead of ground! You're ruining this for me!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I was already making a joke by saying wall instead of ground! You're ruining this for me!

MINE WAS THE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MOBILE JOKE.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I can't remember any times he's mentioned the Spider-Mobile at all...

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The Hot Wheels Spider-Mobile is diecast!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cabbit posted:

The Hot Wheels Spider-Mobile is diecast!

:golfclap:

Masterfully done.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

I disagree, Slott is clearly still pushing it as a big dumb joke, unless you think peter parked car was supposed to be a serious, straight faced thing

This new one, from what we've seen, is clearly supposed to be serious. They even ditched the old goofy dune buggy look.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Little Mac posted:

I can't remember any times he's mentioned the Spider-Mobile at all...

Apart from it appearing once in the Human Torch/Spider-man mini?
It makes an appearance in Spider-verse where it is a talking, living vehicle ala the 1970s Hannah Barbera cartoon, Speed Buggy.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Was Betty Brant technically Peter's first girlfriend or was it Gwen Stacy? I think a radio show in San Diego might have screwed a guy out of comicon tickets because the show got the answer wrong, but Im not totally sure. They said it was Gwen, the caller (and me) thought it was Betty.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sigmachiev posted:

Was Betty Brant technically Peter's first girlfriend or was it Gwen Stacy? I think a radio show in San Diego might have screwed a guy out of comicon tickets because the show got the answer wrong, but Im not totally sure. They said it was Gwen, the caller (and me) thought it was Betty.

There was mutual attraction in the original Ditko drawn stuff, but I'm not certain if they ever used that word to describe their relationship, or even if they ever actually, you know, went out.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

The station was wrong, Betty Brant dated him first (thus was his first girlfriend) but Gwen was his first serious relationship until she died.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
His relationship with Betty didn't last very long, but she's generally considered to be his first love interest.

Peter had his first serious romantic relationship with Gwen, though, so I could go either way on that if I was being pedantic. I'd still say the radio show pulled a dick move on a guy.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Thanks guys. I think its enough to at least put them on blast on FB or try to call in. They should find that guy and give him something.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

Thanks guys. I think its enough to at least put them on blast on FB or try to call in. They should find that guy and give him something.

Let us know how this turns out, morning stations around here always pull this kind of poo poo and never correct themselves.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Did post on FB and sent them a text. Im irrationally fired up about this, but then again Comicon passes are such a valuable prize there really shouldnt be any shenanigans whatsoever.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

Did post on FB and sent them a text. Im irrationally fired up about this, but then again Comicon passes are such a valuable prize there really shouldnt be any shenanigans whatsoever.

Considering it's ComiCon passes, yeah that's understandable. They probably just went on Wikipedia or asked some local nerd who only saw the movies or something and didn't fact check first.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ron Frenz talks Spider-Girl & Spider-Island, if anyone's interested.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Thompson is writing Spidey, basically in-continuity Marvel Adventures Spider-man. That's three spider-books, so hope that next creative mixup thibg promotes him to Amazing?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Thompson is writing Spidey, basically in-continuity Marvel Adventures Spider-man. That's three spider-books, so hope that next creative mixup thibg promotes him to Amazing?

only if by mixup you mean Dan Slott's untimely but inevitable murder

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'd say we just have to hope Spidey outsells Amazing, but odds are all that'll do is convince Marvel people want Slott writing young Peter stories or something so I doubt anything will change.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Do we know it's in-continuity? Is there any hope that it's secretly a continuation of Marvel Adventures Spider-man?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spider-Man/Deadpool got announced so that brings us up to 10 spider-related ongoings

Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man
Spidey
Spider-Man/Deadpool
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Verse
Silk
Spider-Woman
Venom: Space Knight
Carnage

and then ANAD Avengers and Uncanny Avengers both have a Spidey on their teams

so much goddamn spidermans

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Spider-Man/Deadpool got announced so that brings us up to 10 spider-related ongoings

Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man
Spidey
Spider-Man/Deadpool
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Verse
Silk
Spider-Woman
Carnage

I'm sure this is totally unrelated to Marvel studios gaining access to the character :rolleyes:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dacap posted:

I'm sure this is totally unrelated to Marvel studios gaining access to the character :rolleyes:

Yeah they definitely didn't have a poo poo ton of Spider-man comics already. This is the first time in history that there has been a lot of Spider-man comics coming out at once.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Every time someone at Marvel opens their mouth about it, they say that Spider-Man works best as a young character and they were fools to ever get away from that. With Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, and especially Spidey, it looks kind of like that's the Spider-story anyone in editorial cares about, and Amazing is this joyless legacy thing they keep publishing mostly because, eh, makes some money.

Although they're also publishing The Interdimensional Spider-Police and I'm So drat Symbiotically Bonded to All These Star Wars, so maybe I'm just seeing things that aren't there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Web-Warriors is basically "Um, maybe Exiles will sell this time if we make it Spider-Mans instead of X-Men?" With a side of someone at Marvel REALLY wanting Spider-Ham in an ongoing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They'll probably let Peter Parker grow up more now that they have all these young Spider-Man books. Amazing Spider-Man is going to be Marvel's best seller regardless of what they do with it, so it probably wouldn't be a big risk to shut up all the people that are mad that they're older than Spider-Man.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Do most people complaining about Spider-Man's age even buy Spider-Man books, or have any awareness of who the other characters are right now? Or are they the same ones who got mad as hell that Ultimate Spider-Man became a minority crying "NOT MUH PARKER"

Gwen and Miles are great, young Spider-Peoples that more people should be aware of.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man
Spidey
Spider-Man/Deadpool
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Verse
Silk
Spider-Woman
Carnage

Well Spider-Man/Deadpool isn't an ongoing and I'd be surprised if Carnage makes it past 12 issues.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Well Spider-Man/Deadpool isn't an ongoing and I'd be surprised if Carnage makes it past 12 issues.

12? That many?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Senor Candle posted:

Yeah they definitely didn't have a poo poo ton of Spider-man comics already. This is the first time in history that there has been a lot of Spider-man comics coming out at once.

They've had one ongoing for the last what...5 years now? And then as soon as they get the rights back that balloons to this many. I can see a connection. Also Marvel has been on record, I believe, saying they don't want to do free promotion for movies they don't have the rights to, hence F4 being downplayed lately and such.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TheJoker138 posted:

They've had one ongoing for the last what...5 years now? And then as soon as they get the rights back that balloons to this many. I can see a connection. Also Marvel has been on record, I believe, saying they don't want to do free promotion for movies they don't have the rights to, hence F4 being downplayed lately and such.
The Fantastic Four are the center of the biggest Marvel event since Civil War

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Thompson is writing Spidey, basically in-continuity Marvel Adventures Spider-man.

You had me at Marvel Adventures.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TheJoker138 posted:

They've had a Venom book for years. Ultimate Spider-Man has been uninterrupted since 2000. Silk and Spider-Gwen were announced well before they got the rights back. Carnage has had so many minis that you could say he's pretty much had an ongoing of sorts for years. Spider-Woman is pretty much completely disconnected from all the other Spider-Man stuff now that Spider-Verse is over. So really the only additions here are Web Warriors and Spidey. And only one of those has Peter in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

For years, Amazing came out two or three times a month, which requires a pretty big editorial commitment for a title they're ostensibly trying to bury. They also published Scarlet Spider for however many issues, and ran a couple of very high-profile events (Spider Island, Spider-Verse) in that time.

e: I'll move the crap I edited in to a new post so it doesn't get lost in the page change.

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 13, 2015

• Locked thread