Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
81sidewinder and myself had the same experience.

Sheetsandwich put him on blast:
http://www.sheetsandwich.com/dave-meltzer-wwe-hatewatcher/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

rovert posted:

81sidewinder and myself had the same experience.

Sheetsandwich put him on blast:
http://www.sheetsandwich.com/dave-meltzer-wwe-hatewatcher/

drat! Les coming hard in that article. The thread for the show is burying Dave as well.

I appreciate Dave's knowledge base, for sure. I also respect that when something like Cole getting title changes and building sizes wrong, we have someone who can give us the facts. I just really didn't need 10 minute tangents on them when I wanted to hear Dave and Mike review the show. When Mike is rushing Dave along to end a show, you know it's bad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dave getting heated about prefectural gymnasiums is the whole charm you dinguses

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

John Quixote posted:

Just avoid anything with Craig. He's...bad.

I'm listening to the Wrestling Observer Beast in the East Review right now and it's clear Dave enjoyed the show. He sounds way more upbeat than he has I think this entire year. Makes me want to watch it more. :/

Craig is the best of the three.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

epitasis posted:

dave getting heated about prefectural gymnasiums is the whole charm you dinguses

Yeah, I actually like it when Dave goes on tangents 'cause in truth I know jack poo poo about wrestling and it helps me learn. I imagine it'd be way more annoying for someone who knows all that stuff, though.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
yeah dave talking about the history of the hawaii territory is interesting as heck and i don't get why getting that sort of insight is "sperg" even if it's a tangent on about a wwe angle that'll be forgotten about next week.

plus dave/mike shows are almost the best (they are the best when they get filthy tom on sin limite)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, Dave going off on a tangent about Hawaii wrestling was great and I love it when stuff like that happens.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, Dave going off on a tangent about Hawaii wrestling was great and I love it when stuff like that happens.

Heard it before to be honest.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rodney the Piper posted:

we are japan's top two bookers, gently caress YOU

They don't look anything like CIMA and Horiguchi though?

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

John Quixote posted:

Yeah, I actually like it when Dave goes on tangents 'cause in truth I know jack poo poo about wrestling and it helps me learn. I imagine it'd be way more annoying for someone who knows all that stuff, though.

I don't know it, either, so it's not fatigue from hearing things I already know. If Dave wanted to organize his thoughts about revisionist history with WWE and title changes in Japan and write about it in the newsletter, I would read it twice. It's not that the tangents are not giving us information, its that they don't really fit the subject of the podcast, which was meant to be a review of Beast in the East.

Cole was nearly unanimously praised for being substantially better than he is on an average WWE Raw. Dave decided to respond to this with long tangents on factual details Cole got wrong. I didn't care for it, but your mileage may vary.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

yeah dave talking about the history of the hawaii territory is interesting as heck and i don't get why getting that sort of insight is "sperg" even if it's a tangent on about a wwe angle that'll be forgotten about next week.

plus dave/mike shows are almost the best (they are the best when they get filthy tom on sin limite)

Again, if Dave wanted to organize his thoughts on the history of wrestling in Hawaii and put it in the newsletter, I would eat that poo poo up. In the context of the podcast, Dave started talking about it after Mike mentioned the stupid pictures of Kane they had on WWE.com.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

quoted here is whatever earliest post about how stupid it is that dave is reviewing these weekly trash shows in the first place so I'll take tangents where I can get them

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

epitasis posted:

quoted here is whatever earliest post about how stupid it is that dave is reviewing these weekly trash shows in the first place so I'll take tangents where I can get them

This wasn't a trash show, though? It was a pretty big one. I really, really wanted Dave's analysis of the show itself, honestly, and that's why the long tangents annoyed me.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Bryan shut up about arena sizes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I have only been online like 20 minutes and already shatpost like three threads sorry. but anyway I think dave's audio analysis of matches is pretty shallow in the first place so the nerdery is what draws me so different strokes

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
idiots itt expecting Dave to not Dave. gently caress sake

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
it's been brought up before but I've now listened to half of it, How 2 Wrestling... nah. I'm trying but it's boring me to tears. they need to boost Jo's audio or reduce Kefin's because he's deafening me. I ken I'm not the target audience & it'll get better but it's a no from me so far.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Ryan from Cumberland wants HHH vs Ambrose/Wyatt at Wrestlemania.

:stare:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Spermgod posted:

im eagerly awaiting dave's dominion review to hear him rant about makabe's lovely punches like he does cena's

HAAAAahahahahahahaha yeah right

will bryan rant about KUSHIDA selling the leg like he did Dean Ambrose when he watches it in 3 weeks???

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The best Dave tangent will always be when he spent half of an MMA article on that one site he used to contribute articles to discussing the history of Montreal wrestling.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 6, 2015

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Craig is the best of the three.

except for the homophobia, transphobia and general closed-mindedness, sure

i can listen to the craig shows and usually enjoy them but i always brace myself for him to say something frustrating

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

except for the homophobia, transphobia and general closed-mindedness, sure

Of the three he is the most invested in analyzing the product, in paying attention to it and having fun with the material he's reviewing. He's said a few questionable things, some of which have been blown out of proportion or flat out distorted by people trying to find fault with everything. Then he came up with a really, really stupid contest.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah im not saying craig's literally hitler or anything of the sort, i've just soured on him a bit over time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It did irritate me the other day when Craig brought up what a neat little added wrinkle it was that Owens attacking Cesaro meant that not only did Cesaro not win the title, but Cena LOST the match anyway. Bryan (and to a lesser extent Vinny) then mocked him endlessly because the "reason" he did it was to prevent Cesaro winning the title, and he said as much in a promo afterwards. Craig kept trying to say,"Yes I know that, I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying that it had the added bonus for Owens of giving Cena a loss too" but Bryan just talked all over him laughing at how stupid he was not to get what Owens had done.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

To be fair, wins and losses stopped mattering years ago. It's perfectly fair to mock anyone who thinks otherwise nowadays.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Great White Hope posted:

To be fair, wins and losses stopped mattering years ago. It's perfectly fair to mock anyone who thinks otherwise nowadays.

BARRETT IS 9 AND 3 SINCE WINNING KING OF THE RING!!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I've seen todd martin poo poo smarter turds than craig

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

actually

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
wow dave had a hella bad connection on skype/whatever for sin limite.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like Dave.

I don't like Craig.

Namaste.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i cant believe that sheet sandwich isn't a parody website

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

MassRafTer posted:

Of the three he is the most invested in analyzing the product, in paying attention to it and having fun with the material he's reviewing. He's said a few questionable things, some of which have been blown out of proportion or flat out distorted by people trying to find fault with everything. Then he came up with a really, really stupid contest.

Whoa what's that, a reasonable opinion on the Something Awful forums that isn't a kneejerk reaction that amounts to "He said a bad thing"

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Yuriy posted:

Whoa what's that, a reasonable opinion on the Something Awful forums that isn't a kneejerk reaction that amounts to "He said a bad thing"

So why do you like Craig? Aside from him saying dumb bad things I don't think he even provides that much analysis. It seems like he just kinda cuts in every few minutes to put in his two cents and nothing else. Please tell us instead of just being contrarian.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

craig is extremely lame, much like the rest of the brian and vinny crew, but he's not colorful enough of a person to overcome how extremely lame he is

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

i cant believe that sheet sandwich isn't a parody website

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

craig is extremely lame, much like the rest of the brian and vinny crew, but he's not colorful enough of a person to overcome how extremely lame he is

Did you sell out to Nirvana recently or something?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

John Quixote posted:

So why do you like Craig? Aside from him saying dumb bad things I don't think he even provides that much analysis. It seems like he just kinda cuts in every few minutes to put in his two cents and nothing else. Please tell us instead of just being contrarian.

I don't give a poo poo about Craig but "he makes statements that don't share my tumblr-left views on the world and identity politics" is a lame as gently caress reason to whine about his wrestling coverage

I don't really like Bryan either, pretty much only Dave and Tom Lawlor are the only two dudes on the site I like

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Ok what's going on here? I see Bryan, "Purple" Wang, Whitney(?), and Vinny getting molested by the Star Wars trash compactor monster.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Yuriy posted:

don't share my tumblr-left views on the world and identity politics
I don't listen to Brian & Vinny and I have no idea what Craig has said or done but I'm automatically siding against him because you used this phrase. Are you really that put out by not being able to call people faggots and trannies or something anymore?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grant DaNasty posted:

Ok what's going on here? I see Bryan, "Purple" Wang, Whitney(?), and Vinny getting molested by the Star Wars trash compactor monster.

Bryan's 40th birthday party

there was a foam pit

it was hard to climb out of

it did not end well

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't listen to Brian & Vinny and I have no idea what Craig has said or done but I'm automatically siding against him because you used this phrase. Are you really that put out by not being able to call people faggots and trannies or something anymore?

Okay let's stop this derail before it starts (even though I agree with you). I just wanted him to take the two seconds to turn his statement into an actual statement about wrestling podcasts.

What is Boba Fett even doing in that picture, anyway?

• Locked thread