Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgRrxFsX538

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A serious question: Given that the FIFA officials are being done for corruption for taking bribes, is anything being done to the people that gave them the bribes? (i.e. the Qataris, the French, the Germans, the Russians, etc.)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

BrigadierSensible posted:

A serious question: Given that the FIFA officials are being done for corruption for taking bribes, is anything being done to the people that gave them the bribes? (i.e. the Qataris, the French, the Germans, the Russians, etc.)

well if you'd read literally any of the news coverage regarding this, you'd see that many of the indicted individuals were those who paid bribes, not just those who solicited or accepted them

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

well if you'd read literally any of the news coverage regarding this, you'd see that many of the indicted individuals were those who paid bribes, not just those who solicited or accepted them

I get all of my information exclusively from this thread which is why I'm convinced Blatter did nothing wrong.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

You know what, I love Sepp Blatter. He has trolled the world for years, makes tons of money, and bangs hot chicks. I want to be him when I grow up.

In regards to Morocco's failed 1994 World Cup bid: “In the opinion of the executive committee, perhaps it was wiser to accept the infrastructure that was existing than the ones that were planned,” said FIFA president Sepp Blatter, who was then general secretary. “Also consider … that the World Cup is not a development program for the basic infrastructure of a country.”

From this: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/04/usa-world-cup-94-inside-story

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

I get all of my information exclusively from this thread which is why I'm convinced Blatter did nothing wrong.

i respect your position

(post post post :getin:)

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

Harold Mayne-Nicholls handed seven-year ban by Fifa’s ethics committee

Fifa’s ethics committee has banned Harold Mayne-Nicholls, the Chilean who led the inspection teams for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, for seven years. He ranked Qatar’s as the only “high risk” option of the nine bidders yet it went on to controversially be chosen as the host of the 2022 tournament.

The former head of the Chilean football association, who also at one stage considered standing against Sepp Blatter for the Fifa presidency, was being investigated over an email exchange with the head of Qatar’s Aspire Academy. During the bidding process, Mayne-Nicholls asked if his sons might be able to train there at his expense and also inquired about opportunities for his brother-in-law, a tennis coach. Nothing came of the exchange and yet now Mayne-Nicholls has been banned for seven years.

Mayne-Nicholls was one of five football officials against whom cases were opened in the wake of the publication of a controversial summary of Michael Garcia’s report into World Cup bidding. Garcia subsequently resigned as head of the investigatory arm of Fifa’s ethics committee in protest at the way his 430-page report had been summarised.

The remaining outstanding cases are against Spain’s Fifa vice-president Ángel María Villar Llona, Thailand’s Worawi Makudi and Franz Beckenbauer, who has since retired from Fifa.

Mayne-Nicholls was incredulous that he was being investigated given that he was critical of Qatar’s suitability in his final report and that nothing came of the exchanges with Aspire.

“For me it’s really strange that [the ethics committee] are losing energy, money and time over such an investigation but those are the rules and I have to follow them,” he said last year.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This is amazing

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

what kind of fuckin nerd can't even successfully solicit a bribe while working for FIFA

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Mechafunkzilla posted:

what kind of fuckin nerd can't even successfully solicit a bribe while working for FIFA

i think they banned him for not soliciting a bribe and asking to pay for stuff

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

well duh he was making the rest of them look bad

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
FIFA Imposes Lifetime Ban on Chuck Blazer for Whistleblowing Corruption

Heh.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

TBF he is very corrupt.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Parody Threads posted:

What does a not hot lesbian bring to the second date?

A u-haul!!!

I get this joke bc I read the yospos games thread.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We have our first extradition!

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
who's we?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

might be webb?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33550207

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Seems like the only reason someone would waive their right to fight extradition would be if they'd worked out a deal to cooperate with the investigation, right?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Surprised no one linked the FIFA scandal movie that Ben Affleck and Matt Damon just bought the rights to: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/ben-affleck-and-matt-damon-are-making-a-movie-about-the-fifa-scandal

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
They should get Tim Roth to play Blatter again except with some obvious differences in the story and character portrayal.

Mostly because it would piss off Sepp no end.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Dravs posted:

They should get Tim Roth to play Blatter again except with some obvious differences in the story and character portrayal.

Mmm yesssss

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dravs posted:

And some really haggard uglifying makeup.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Akbar posted:

Mmm yesssss
Just reunite the whole cast and have them all play the same roles.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
If they gave Roth a huge paunch and told him to make the character like something between Fagin and Gollum I am pretty sure he could pull it off.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33575358

The first of the big big sponsors have demanded reform. Coke and Mcdonalds throwing down.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I look forward to seeing Pepsi and Burger King logos all over the next World Cup.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
It is unbelievable that American fast food bullshit has a say in how football is run.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

jyrka posted:

It is unbelievable that American fast food bullshit has a say in how football is run.

american institutions are powerful my friend, FBI, CIA, MCD, KO

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
KFC

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
special agent ronald, MCD! freeze sepp!!!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

advanced statsman posted:

special agent ronald, MCD! freeze sepp!!!

cheeseblatter

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jyrka posted:

It's all about the money, and Coke and McDonald's have a LOT of it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Azhais posted:

It's all about the money, and Coke and McDonald's have a LOT of it

So do Gazprom and Qatar Airways.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

jyrka posted:

I too am upset that companies that ruin people's lives are more interested in changing how the ga e is ran than countries with a vested interest in the game.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Ya fixing corruption is poo poo

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jyrka posted:

No it's actually hilarious a country that treats soccer like the Olympics and only give a poo poo once every four years is doing this. GG other countries whose companies can't afford to bribe enough to be FIFA sponsors. Get richer scrubs.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 19, 2015

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Lol. Blatter press conference interrupted before it started thanks to that poo poo comedian who pretends to be a footballer throwing fake money at him. Ace.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
lee nelson is one of the least funny people alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
He's so poo poo I couldn't even remember his name