Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Lordy posted:

If the d3 forums is to be believed taco tokens are split so its more like 12 months.

Did a dev ever confirm? Last I saw it being discussed it was speculation based on these being "sweet" tacos tokens, assuming that there will also be "spicy" and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Lordy posted:

If the d3 forums is to be believed taco tokens are split so its more like 12 months.

lmao jesus christ

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31057

quote:

Pretty much this. In order to have things run smoothly between the two events, we either need downtime to switch out the tokens or two sets of tokens. Otherwise there ends up being weird edge cases where people turn in tokens while changing time zones or somehow being out of sync with the server... all kinds of things. Those players then come home to cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria. Two token sets that rotate is a *much* smoother way of doing things.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
300 days wait for 6 4 star covers is not smooth you loving turd nerds

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I don't wanna hoard tokens for a year to get something decent, I would also prefer 250 iso from selling a two star than 5 loving health packs that I don't need.
What I'm saying is, gently caress these tokens.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Finally maxed out my first two 3 stars, Patch and Loki. Hopefully they'll carry me to everlasting glory.

Has anyone given a go at the Professor X at 2k points in the Shield Simulator? I'm at 1200 right now so technically I'm over halfway there, but I can't imagine it'd be easy to get to the top what with all the crabbing that probably goes on around 1500+.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
There's an Independence Vault active, 50 HP daily deal for tokens, just over 8 days left that it's active, 50 items in the vault. 2 4 stars (So 4% shot for a 4 star, not bad as far as tokens go), 1000 Hp, bunch o' 3 stars, bunch o' 2 stars, no health packs.

If I pull the Prof X blue out of mine I don't have to worry about hitting 2000 in the simulator...

I gotta say, the dumb thing about the vault is that I can see that, even with only 50 options, it would be dumb to spend 3000 HP on 10 tokens (daily deal price) for a shot at 2 4*s I need rather than just spend 2500 for one guaranteed cover. Maybe it works out better if you need a bunch of the 3* covers, but I don't think I need any.

Sefer fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 3, 2015

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Android people: Before you buy an Independence Token, make sure the prizes are to your liking! If the four stars are 2 Star Lords like mine were, exit the game and try again until you like the prizes. I waited till mine were Thoress and Prof X, then bought one, now the prizes are set to those.
People in my alliance pointed this out, but apparently it didn't work on Steam, might work on ios.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm on android and that doesn't seem to be working.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

These vaults seem like a bit of a poo poo idea. Knowing the pool of tokens in advance takes the excitement away, as you know there is literally no chance of pulling most 4* tokens. At least with the other ones there is the idea that you could get anything, even if the chance is vanishingly small.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Worked for me. Went from Elektra and XForce to Thoress and Prof X.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Took a ton of resets but finally got Prof X Blue + 4 Kamala Khan covers (2 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Purple) as well as a Cyclops. Sucks that I'm missing out on Iron Fist covers, but I'm tired of resetting.

The other 4* is X-Force Green, which I'm not too big on, but at least it's better than getting an Elektra. Trying to get Prof X Blue + Thoress Blue would have been a nightmare.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

My new favorite thing in this game is to trigger Thing's passive using Patch's green and then using Loki black. 4000+ damage match-3s? Don't mind if I do :getin:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

GTO posted:

These vaults seem like a bit of a poo poo idea. Knowing the pool of tokens in advance takes the excitement away, as you know there is literally no chance of pulling most 4* tokens. At least with the other ones there is the idea that you could get anything, even if the chance is vanishingly small.

But you could always see the pool if you clicked the little ? icon on the screen. The only change is that with the vault it removes the item you got from the pool.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did it.

I loving did it.

The fight that got me here also got me the 4K points I needed for my Heroic 10-Pack.

That got me Nick Fury Blue, Scarlet Witch Green, and Colossus Black.

I fought my way through 1.1k points, and took minimal attacks in the meantime. Did get hit plenty of times in the Captain American PvP event while this was going on, though, which was what delayed my Heroic 10-Pack.

For the final 100 points, I had 2 All-AP boosts and 100% All-Color-Damage boosts for each fight, cause I was desparate to win. I burned through like 10 or so Health Packs, and spent like 200k ISO maxing out my Loki and Hood because I didn't want to encourage people attacking a team of 166 Patch / 43 Loki / 121 Hood. ISO well spent. Getting the Loki Green at 1.2k points also helped a lot by taking the countdown from 3 to 2. I don't think I would have been able to get to 2k otherwise.

Timing was also probably important. I'm guessing most of the US is resting from Independence Day or whatever, while it's only 6 pm here in Korea.

And now, I don't care how many points I lose because I already got the Heroic 10-Pack.

If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get the Prof X Blue from the Independence Vault as well. Though given my current pulls (X-Force, Punisher, 3* Daken, Ares, Black Widow) I think I may have used up my Vault luck.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
The new taco vault sucks rear end. I have gotten NOTHING but health packs so far. At least before, I could sell off a useless cover for iso.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Slacking on pve and pushing hard on pvp has made my Puzzle Life so much more relaxed and fulfilled. Just hit the 1k progression award for the first time in the Cap pvp (IW green blah) and I'm sitting easy in the top 25 of my season bracket.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

AnonSpore posted:

Slacking on pve and pushing hard on pvp has made my Puzzle Life so much more relaxed and fulfilled. Just hit the 1k progression award for the first time in the Cap pvp (IW green blah) and I'm sitting easy in the top 25 of my season bracket.

Yeah, this is exactly what I do. BH slacker lyfe

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just generally slack all the time on both PvE and PvP. I only try hard if I luck into an easy bracket.

Otherwise I just do enough to get free tokens / 3*s.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Goddamnit, I slacked off a bit today to do laundry and came up 800 points shy of the Blue Falcon cover. Thankfully I came in 24th in the Cap PVP so I got my Falcon's yellow and blue that way.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Was first in my bracket today for an 11pm finish slot, finished a match and ended up getting attacked for -98 points knocking me from 630 points to 575. Said gently caress it and dropped a shield and ended up 4th place. Falcon now fully covered at 4/5/4.

gently caress whales man.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Dropped to slot 25, when clicked on the rewards, still showed me at 21 with 335 points. Yay slacking and people not wanting to fight patch/daken plus whatever.

Also, I am having crap luck with the independence vault, 5 tokens claimed, 5 2*s. With almost a 50% chance to get a 3* or better, hope my luck gets better.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 6, 2015

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I couldn't have gotten luckier with my independence vault pulls:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Retardog posted:

Nice; that's a 1/117600 occurrence.

I got the 1000 HP reward today, meaning I've more than payed for the tokens I'm buying. Still hoping to get a Prof Blue out of this so I don't have to hit 2000 in the SHIELD simulator.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Sitting shielded at ~1750 right now waiting for my health packs to recharge before I make the final push toward 2k. Can someone with pvp experience fill me in more on how shields work exactly? Like say I put up a shield a second before someone finishes destroying my team. Do I lose the points (the shield only applies to matches begun after the shield is used), or are they safe (it applies to all matches the moment it's used)? When I start a match after breaking a shield, does that immediately open me up to lose points or does it apply after I finish the match, win or lose? I assume the former based on the wording but I'd like to make sure.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Retardog posted:

:wow:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Just started playing this about a week ago.

I made it through the first Dr. Doom area, and was working on the Daken area when I got a new character card and pulled a Level 70 Hulkbuster Iron Man. The missions have been pretty easy since then, but my next highest character is a level 11 (I think) Iron Man and Storm. I can't seem to use both Iron Men at the same time....

Does anyone any tips for a newbie? Should I be spending the ISO on leveling up characters? Should I just focus on a few or all of them? Should I save the gold coins for new character slots or to buy new characters?

Edit: Also, are covers completely random. I got a level 1 Juggernaut on the first day I was playing, but haven't gotten another cover for him since, so he's just been stuck at level 1.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

99% of me wants to tell you to just stop playing and avoid all the pain we all go through.

If you're interested though, there is a great guide on the official forums that will give you more information than we ever could.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

skipdogg posted:

99% of me wants to tell you to just stop playing and avoid all the pain we all go through.

If you're interested though, there is a great guide on the official forums that will give you more information than we ever could.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

Haha, thanks! Lots of great info there, and was exactly what I was looking for.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

AnonSpore posted:

Sitting shielded at ~1750 right now waiting for my health packs to recharge before I make the final push toward 2k. Can someone with pvp experience fill me in more on how shields work exactly? Like say I put up a shield a second before someone finishes destroying my team. Do I lose the points (the shield only applies to matches begun after the shield is used), or are they safe (it applies to all matches the moment it's used)? When I start a match after breaking a shield, does that immediately open me up to lose points or does it apply after I finish the match, win or lose? I assume the former based on the wording but I'd like to make sure.

I think but am not sure, that if someone is currently engaged in a fight with you while your shield goes up, you will still lose the points. While you have a shield up, other players can't see you unless they already had you queued up. I'm not sure if you're visible immediately upon breaking the shield or only after you're done with the fight you started, but I've never lost points in that first fight after breaking a shield. Shieldhopping is expensive but not nearly as expensive as buying the cover outright :smith:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Cool, thanks.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a third to go with Patch and Loki? Something with at least blue and preferably also yellow coverage would be nice. I'd like to field Black Panther or Magneto but they're severely undercovered. My Hood only has 3 in blue. I have an optimally covered Falcon, and a Cap who's almost there (4/5/4), and if I had to I could probably manage a Beast (5/4/3) or Grocket (3/5/3) but I was hoping someone could recommend some other good if less obvious options.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

AnonSpore posted:

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a third to go with Patch and Loki? Something with at least blue and preferably also yellow coverage would be nice. I'd like to field Black Panther or Magneto but they're severely undercovered. My Hood only has 3 in blue. I have an optimally covered Falcon, and a Cap who's almost there (4/5/4), and if I had to I could probably manage a Beast (5/4/3) or Grocket (3/5/3) but I was hoping someone could recommend some other good if less obvious options.

Daken is a good fit. He can use blue, make even more strike tiles, and tank hits for Loki while regenerating health.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'd go with Falcon to remove special tiles you can't get with Loki. Also pretty good at boosting tiles with his Yellow.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

Daken is a good fit. He can use blue, make even more strike tiles, and tank hits for Loki while regenerating health.

I'd love to, but my Daken's like 3/3/4 right now or something. Better than 2 star Daken but not by much.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

AnonSpore posted:

I'd love to, but my Daken's like 3/3/4 right now or something. Better than 2 star Daken but not by much.

How about Iron Fist? He can help make black tiles for Loki, and that attack tile of his will help you get more mileage out of your strike tiles.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

How about Iron Fist? He can help make black tiles for Loki, and that attack tile of his will help you get more mileage out of your strike tiles.

My IF's only 4/1/4, still a ways away from being pvp-ready when I'm gunning for 1000+. I could swing Doom or Mystique but I'm worried that on defense they'd use black instead of Loki and mess things up. I'm trying to make a team that's intimidatingly idiotproof, which is why I haven't tried out Shulk (she'd use all the green before Patch).

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

AnonSpore posted:

My IF's only 4/1/4, still a ways away from being pvp-ready when I'm gunning for 1000+. I could swing Doom or Mystique but I'm worried that on defense they'd use black instead of Loki and mess things up. I'm trying to make a team that's intimidatingly idiotproof, which is why I haven't tried out Shulk (she'd use all the green before Patch).

Power up your Magneto then. Magneto does nothing wrong.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Like I said in my first post, my Mags is severely undercovered.

Oh well, it doesn't matter now anyway, I got my blue Prof X so I don't care if I get crabbed down anymore, and I'm sure that next season I'll have one of these guys decently covered up. Thanks for the suggestions though.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I find Cap works really well with Patch and Loki, it just takes a while to get going sometimes. I don't really like Patch's red, and Cap's red is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good pals for Patch and Loki. Doesn't take into account AI, though, so it's more for offense than defense.

Hood (additional AP steal, his Black instantly gives you AP if Loki has 4 in his Green, though it delays your Patch Green -> Loki Black combo. It's decent if your opponent is about to use a skill, though. Very fragile team, though, even when max leveled, especially since Hood's Yellow is stronger than Patch's Yellow, which means Patch can only tank Green, Red, and Team-Up Tiles.)
Luke (his Yellow offers another form of damage, while his Red helps minimize damage until you can get your combo rolling. Patch might have health regen, but he also has low health. Loki is also very fragile.)
Cyclops (better Red than Patch, a Yellow that can create combos and fuel more Red when used properly.)
Thor (slow, but his Yellow helps fuel Patch's Green, and his Red is probably stronger than Patch's.)

Unsure about how useful Falcon would be. His Blue is fantastic against tile-generating enemies, but when you're using Patch + Loki the idea is for the enemy to not have any special tiles period. His Yellow is better suited for fast special-tile generators like Daken, Blade, Psylocke, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, etc. By the time you set off Patch + Loki, you've pretty much already won.

Magneto's a nice idea. I might try him in the future. Blue's powerful as gently caress, and his Red is probably way more useful than Patch's.

Also, congrats on your Prof X Blue.