Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Our radios are encrypted on certain channels but we still have access to ops channels that are shared with other departments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
The UK apparently spends money on infrastructure, we just spend it on bombing browns in insignificant countries.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

Brass in the US like to jerk each other off about interoperability so agencies can help one another is the only reason I can think off.

Ours do that too. My radio would work if I had to work in London and took it there. I could also privately radio Bernard or hezzy which stood in sunny Glasgow.

It is pretty good.

Edit: beaten by Bernard. Humbug. My point still stands

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I can't even get out on my portable if I'm inside Walmart.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

The UK apparently spends money on infrastructure, we just spend it on bombing browns in insignificant countries.

bombing villages is way more fun tho

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I'd like a little more democratic selection of bomb targets though. those fucks in novosibirsk need some freedom rained down upon them. If Bernie promises to allow americans to vote american idol style on which village gets bombed he has my vote.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

I'd like a little more democratic selection of bomb targets though. those fucks in novosibirsk need some freedom rained down upon them. If Bernie promises to allow americans to vote american idol style on which village gets bombed he has my vote.

Ya but 4chan will crash the voting and we'd end up bombing Paris or something.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Ya but 4chan will crash the voting and we'd end up bombing Paris or something.

I fail to see the problem with that.

I'd vote to bomb the French. As an Englishman, waging war with the Frogs and Krauts is in my blood.

Things have been too quiet over the channel. It's about time we picked another fight with Europe and had you guys pay for it again.

Chartley, I'm going to log on to the Glasgow East (or whatever division I can find) channel on the weekend to see if I can understand anything at all.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
don't try to white wash your dirty irish blood Bernard, we can smell the potatoes on you from here.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Branis posted:

don't try to white wash your dirty irish blood Bernard, we can smell the potatoes on you from here.

gently caress, you've got a good memory.

I hate having that dirty mick blood in me. I'll hate my father for it until the day he/I die.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
my family on my dads side is one of those dumb american families that loves to talk about their irish heritage, so I got stuck dealing with that mess growing up.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

chartley posted:

Ours do that too. My radio would work if I had to work in London and took it there. I could also privately radio Bernard or hezzy which stood in sunny Glasgow.

It is pretty good.

Edit: beaten by Bernard. Humbug. My point still stands

We should trade ISSIs and proliferate goon fuckery across the airwaves

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I fail to see the problem with that.

I'd vote to bomb the French. As an Englishman, waging war with the Frogs and Krauts is in my blood.

Things have been too quiet over the channel. It's about time we picked another fight with Europe and had you guys pay for it again.

Chartley, I'm going to log on to the Glasgow East (or whatever division I can find) channel on the weekend to see if I can understand anything at all.

I'd imagine the ScotPol channels are basically just people yelling "BRRRREACH AW DA PEESH" over and over again

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

We should trade ISSIs and proliferate goon fuckery across the airwaves

I'd imagine the ScotPol channels are basically just people yelling "BRRRREACH AW DA PEESH" over and over again

Sadly I'm off for a couple of weeks now save for courts so you won't hear me on the airwaves.

Glasgow East is where it's at anyway!

Hezzy, it's just a breach or a 'bop' no need to shout the full glorious term!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So, a single bobby just goes in the middle of the crowd to hold it off. Is this Bernard?

It starts at 3 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=212&v=zEu_wGa_unY?t=3m3s

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Vahakyla posted:

So, a single bobby just goes in the middle of the crowd to hold it off. Is this Bernard?

It starts at 3 mins.

Watch guy in the dark blue tank top at 4mins

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Vahakyla posted:

It starts at 3 mins.

Bernard wouldn't have drawn his Baton or needed the line of security guards. He would just have formed a pile of arrested people to be taken to the cells once transport arrived.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

My radio is so bad I can't talk to other people in the same department that I am much less other departments or, God forbid, EMS or Fire.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Not much you can do in that situation other than twat a few people. Thing is I would have got backup in the Met within about 15 seconds so eeeeeveryone would have gotten nicked, probably for violent disorder as it fit the ticket. That poor bastard did the best he could with not a lot.

Hang on, that WAS the Met. Shameful. Where was TSG and why weren't they loving demolishing that crowd.

Bernard McFacknutah fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 6, 2015

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Not much you can do in that situation other than twat a few people. Thing is I would have got backup in the Met within about 15 seconds so eeeeeveryone would have gotten nicked, probably for violent disorder as it fit the ticket. That poor bastard did the best he could with not a lot.

Hang on, that WAS the Met. Shameful. Where was TSG and why weren't they loving demolishing that crowd.

The cop seemed very restrained. Can only ever guess how I'd respond but can only guess there would have been more fend offs and, if the baton was drawn, some swinging of it to clear a space.

Then again, what was he risking his personal safety and also job through use of force protecting, a private event that appears to have failed to secure itself properly? Seems like their problem and more of a civil matter...

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

chartley posted:

The cop seemed very restrained. Can only ever guess how I'd respond but can only guess there would have been more fend offs and, if the baton was drawn, some swinging of it to clear a space.

Then again, what was he risking his personal safety and also job through use of force protecting, a private event that appears to have failed to secure itself properly? Seems like their problem and more of a civil matter...

Problem is down here, a situation like that can very quickly escalate to the point where you have a riot inside the event. Apparently that's held in Finsbury Park so plenty of gang nominals about. Often when you see a nightclub or festival get rushed only half the people want in for a good time, the other half want to stick someone.

Personally I'd have probably popped the gas out and given everyone some good news. Less paperwork than a baton and the CS lingers in the air for a while so no one is going to approach the gate. Getting your stick out on your own when there is a crowd is pretty gutsy as you are just as likely to have it snatched and used on you. Anyone who says they would start kung fu fighting or cuffing people in a situation like that are stupid or lying.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Problem is down here, a situation like that can very quickly escalate to the point where you have a riot inside the event. Apparently that's held in Finsbury Park so plenty of gang nominals about. Often when you see a nightclub or festival get rushed only half the people want in for a good time, the other half want to stick someone.

Personally I'd have probably popped the gas out and given everyone some good news. Less paperwork than a baton and the CS lingers in the air for a while so no one is going to approach the gate. Getting your stick out on your own when there is a crowd is pretty gutsy as you are just as likely to have it snatched and used on you. Anyone who says they would start kung fu fighting or cuffing people in a situation like that are stupid or lying.

Totally see what you mean about their intentions and reasons for stopping them.

Cs seems like the perfect option force wise then turn to the old faithful metal stick. I'm not for a second questioning the dude in the video. He took the correct, bold and brave option which worked out just grand. Hats off to him.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i wouldve set up a gpmg in an enfilade position and gone to town personally

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i wouldve set up a gpmg in an enfilade position and gone to town personally

I think that style of crowd control went out of favor for the british during the boer war.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Branis posted:

I think that style of crowd control went out of favor for the british during the boer war.

just a sad situation all around then really

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Police Lounge 2.0: Just a Sad Situation All Around

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Police Lounge 2.0: Show Me How You Suck A Cops Cock.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
One of the reasons leading up to my resignation was the radios. The repeater unit in our radio tower went out. The unit was so old that they stopped making spare parts for it in 2005. Instead of paying the $10k for a new system they tried to have the electronics guru from the maintenance dept fix it. He couldn't. Since no spare parts had been made since 2005. He spent over $2k buying used parts on eBay, which didn't work.

Our comms were limited to line of sight mobile to mobile and cell phones. For three months.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Branis posted:

Au contraire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_%281920%29

Those Micks got crowd controlled at rifle point, and then assisted out of the ground by the 1920's equivalent of an infantry fighting vehicle.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Honest answers: who here DOES NOT think that NWA's gently caress Tha Police is catchy?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Honest answers: who here DOES NOT think that NWA's gently caress Tha Police is catchy?

It get's played in Police carriers over here frequently.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vahakyla posted:

Buddy of mine plays it in his cruiser when he has someone in the backseat that's resisted arrest or just acting a drat fool. They always act like that song came on the radio to show my friend no one like cops, they never realize he's doing it with his iPod

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
This is the one I play. :ssh:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14PgWitIbSk

patb01
Jul 4, 2008
Well... this happened near me,

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3845711.shtml?cat=500

I'm assuming this deputy is never going to hear the end of this.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oENrgffA5VI

this over the PA at 2am

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FzkYR6VCfY

edit. Can you tell I'm tired of writing stolen bike and found bike reports. Keep your poo poo locked up people.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 9, 2015

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I listen to talk radio on shift. :shrug:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Glenn Beck and Alex Jones?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Mike-o posted:

Glenn Beck and Alex Jones?

:thurman:

Mike-o posted:

Alex Jones

I remember when this rear end in a top hat showed up here to complain about some big conference the SUPER RICH ELITE 1% CLUB or whatever was having. Guy and all his shills were such douchebags to all the cops. Just trying to make some OT here buddy, STFU.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jul 9, 2015

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Cop gay. So What posted:

I listen to talk radio on shift. :shrug:

Rush or Levin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

I do this and pretty sure you stole it from me.

• Locked thread